Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,590 members, 7,809,135 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY (3897 Views)

Honda Accord 2005 Frequently Shorting Engine Oil & Coolant, Smoking And Jerking / Difference Between Camry 2007 Xle V6 And 2010 Xle V6 / Strange Selling Of Toyota Camry 2007/2008 Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by zamirikpo(m): 9:32am On Oct 09, 2014
hi....guyz....my 07 camry is now shorting engine oil.....after like 3-4days i notice a slight drop in d guage. it doesnt smoke,it drives smoothly infact i hv no issues wit it. pls car gurus out there what could b d cause.....
Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by mayor2013: 9:57am On Oct 09, 2014
Are you sure you are using the right type of oil? Go to your engine. Check what you have on the oil filler cap. You should have a 5w20 or 0w20 which ever it is go with the specification
Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by Cruisez: 12:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
This is not limited to you. Check toyota nation, car complaints etc and you will discover it is a common problem reported for camry 2007/8 etc.

3 Likes

Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by talk2odim: 2:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
i think itz a normal occurence in the camrys of those year...usually 1 qtz per 1000 miles but it should be significantly low. Check for any trace of leakage and if there is none then it is normal especially if u use the recommended oil.
Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by TWorks: 5:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
Regarding your oil leak on your 2007 Toyota camry, if after careful inspection of the engine and still can't find any traces of oil, you should start looking at the PCV valve, a bad PCV valve will tend to cause this problem. You can do a search on Google on how a PCV valves work. Hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by zamirikpo(m): 3:39am On Oct 10, 2014
thanks guyz.......yes ive read some reviews of hw dis particular model burns oil buh i didnt understand it then . i service d car wit mobile i dnt know d specific type dou. thanks guyz. @least am nt worried abt changing d engine anymore. i'll sha check for any signs of leakage.

@tworks wots PCV valve
Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by pragmatistm(m): 4:18am On Oct 10, 2014
zamirikpo:
thanks guyz.......yes ive read some reviews of hw dis particular model burns oil buh i didnt understand it then . i service d car wit mobile i dnt know d specific type dou. thanks guyz. @least am nt worried abt changing d engine anymore. i'll sha check for any signs of leakage.

@tworks wots PCV valve

1. Ensure you use the recommended oil.

2. Follow the steps given by gurus above.

3. google PCV valve and study how it works and where to find it in your car.

Or go here http://m.dummies.com/how-to/content/how-to-check-and-clean-the-pcv-valve.html

http://auto.howstuffworks.com/positive-crankcase-ventilation-system.htm

http://www.ecstuning.com/Search/Pcv_Valve/
Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by autoboxng: 3:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
If you need a mechanic, visit www.autobox.ng/meet-amechanic to have a vetted mobile mechanic help you diagnose your car issues.

1 Like

Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by Cumboss: 7:13am On Aug 02, 2017
Hello I know this post is old but this is the only tread i could find with useful info, my issue is this I changed my gasket which my mechanic advised we use the paper type instead of the steel type that came with the car now after 4 days I noticed my oil shorts faster than it used to. Has my engine gone bad? It runs fine and it doesn't smoke...its a Camry 2008.
Re: Camry 2007 Is Shorting Engine Oil ....WHY by honmusa(m): 8:16am On Aug 02, 2017
Cumboss:
Hello I know this post is old but this is the only tread i could find with useful info, my issue is this I changed my gasket which my mechanic advised we use the paper type instead of the steel type that came with the car now after 4 days I noticed my oil shorts faster than it used to. Has my engine gone bad? It runs fine and it doesn't smoke...its a Camry 2008.
If there is no external oil leak go to a professional autodiagnotics centre for a leak down test or compression test ,this will reveal whether the oil leak is tru a worn piston ring or worn bad seal and the test will also check the integrity of the head gasket Job done.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Has Anyone Gotten A Car From Auction Export / CONGRATULATIONS Radautoworks!! Pictures. / Quiz: Which Is Faster On Autox, A Modern Porsche Sports Car Or A Shifter Gokart?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.