Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,144 members, 7,780,074 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 09:20 AM

Let's Talk About Chemistry - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Let's Talk About Chemistry (931 Views)

Industrial Chemistry Vs Chemical Engineering / Lets Talk About Ijmb (Interim Joint Matriculation Board) / "Ababio" Chemistry Textbook - Osei Yaw Ababio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Let's Talk About Chemistry by ValentineMary(m): 11:41am On Oct 09, 2014
Hey dudes drop ur questions on chemistry and ur observations. Let's discuss anything in chemistry it could either be organic, inorganic, physical, medical chemistry etc. Let's just talk chemistry :-)
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by Nobody: 11:50am On Oct 09, 2014
I HATE CHEMISTRY! lets talk Physics
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Enlighten me about Meso compounds Mary dear wink
And I really wanna know about Medicinal chemistry I hope to specialize there after school
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by ValentineMary(m): 9:52am On Oct 10, 2014
ikeola6:
Enlighten me about Meso compounds Mary dear wink
And I really wanna know about Medicinal chemistry I hope to specialize there after school
A meso compound
or meso isomer is
a non-optically active
member of a set of
stereoisomers, at
least two of which
are optically active.

Medical chemistry has to do with the chemistry of health (human health). Eg drug pathway, clinical biochemistry, pathology etc.
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by Nobody: 10:17am On Oct 10, 2014
Mary are you a chemistry student Now I need someone to recommended some textbooks for physical chemistry for a year two student
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by ValentineMary(m): 10:21am On Oct 10, 2014
ikeola6:
Mary are you a chemistry student Now I need someone to recommended some textbooks for physical chemistry for a year two student
actually I am a biochemistry student in 200 level.
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by Nobody: 12:09pm On Oct 10, 2014
ValentineMary:

actually I am a biochemistry student in 200 level.
Woww which school?
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by Spiff20(m): 1:38pm On Oct 10, 2014
I just got admitted to study pure and applied chemistry. I need a little insight on the course
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by Nobody: 2:35pm On Oct 10, 2014
Spiff20:
I just got admitted to study pure and applied chemistry. I need a little insight on the course
I'm studying chemistry but I will be back to tell you what I can.
Mary can also help out though
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by Nobody: 3:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
For physical chemistry, get the one authored by Peter Atkins. There's another one authored by Sharma (an Indian) but I'm sure you'd enjoy that which was authored by Atkins more.

@Spiff20: Welcome to the club! As far as the natural sciences are concerned, chemistry remains the "mother" of them all. For starters, try to lay your hands on a General Chemistry textbook authored by Raymond Chang to familiarize yourself with the basics- you'll never regret you did, believe me. Regardless of your college, I'm sure you must've been told that most chemistry lecturers are sadists. You had best ignore this notion as it has put immense fear into the hearts of so many promising undergrads; thereby affecting their reasoning and performances. Play your part by putting in your utmost best and the sky would be your starting point. Shalom!

3 Likes

Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by Spiff20(m): 3:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
BraveHrtVeteran:
For physical chemistry, get the one authored by Peter Atkins. There's another one authored by Sharma (an Indian) but I'm sure you'd enjoy that which was authored by Atkins more.

@Spiff20: Welcome to the club! As far as the natural sciences are concerned, chemistry remains the "mother" of them all. For starters, try to lay your hands on a General Chemistry textbook authored by Raymond Chang to familiarize yourself with the basics- you'll never regret you did, believe me. Regardless of your college, I'm sure you must've been told that most chemistry lecturers are sadists. You had best ignore this notion as it has put immense fear into the hearts of so many promising undergrads; thereby affecting their reasoning and performances. Play your part by putting in your utmost best and the sky would be your starting point. Shalom!
Thanks man, i personally applied the course cos of my love chemistry even tho people said it ain't easy. I'll do as u say
Re: Let's Talk About Chemistry by ValentineMary(m): 12:25pm On Oct 25, 2014
ikeola6:
Woww which school?
Nnamdi Azikiwe uni.

(1) (Reply)

HCMEI Scholarship Program / 2015 JAMB(UTME) CBT Commencement Date Announced(must Read By All Jamb Candidates / PHOTO: ABU Zaria Students Manufacture “made In Nigeria” Car

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.