Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,339 members, 7,780,895 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 03:20 AM

No Fault Divorce - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / No Fault Divorce (1272 Views)

"My Husband Uses ‘Aboniki’ Balm As Lubricant" – Woman Files For Divorce / My 63-year-old Wife Starves Me Of Sex, Divorce-seeking Septuagenarian Tells Cour / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Fault Divorce by biglife76(m): 12:10pm On Oct 09, 2014
Hello My people,

I was deceived into marrying a lady back home in Nigeria, immediately she got her visa and came to the uk, her true intentions came to light, so I also calmly didnt renew her visa and she is back in Nigeria now. I live and work in the UK now, but I want to divorce her legally so that I can carry on with my life peacefully and hopefully will marry somene with clear intentions. Is there anything like NO FAULT DIVORCE IN NIGERIA? We have been separated for a long time now and march 2015 will make it 2 years, but I dont want to waste my time again, so want to use the best option to quietly and legally end this charade. Any advise. God bless you guys. angry

Fel
Re: No Fault Divorce by 2sa2: 12:33pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: No Fault Divorce by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
You will just have to prove that there are no prospects of you guys reconciling and and the broken marriage can never be fixed.
Re: No Fault Divorce by i1: 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
1st you might have to wait till march 2016 for a no fault divorce becuase in Nigeria 3 years if living apart means an automatic divorce but financial considerations will be made for the spouse.
but if you are not patient, wait till March 2015 and test the law on living apart but no contest. you can always buzz ne on 08093779782 or ib.orekoya@gmail.com
Re: No Fault Divorce by biglife76(m): 1:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
hello Mondisweet,

So if I and the lady tell the judge that we are happy to quietly end the marriage and go our various ways, a no fault divorce can be given? Because she is more than happy to go her way, same thing like me, infact we were thinking of annulling it, but that seems like a distant possibility?

(1) (Reply)

I Feel Bad About Her because Of My Dream / This Got Me Confused / What Do I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.