Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,727 members, 7,805,974 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:34 AM

Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) - Webmasters (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) (6080 Views)

Bloggers: Before You Try To Be Like Linda Ikeji... / 4 + 1 Common Reasons Why Google Adsense May Suspend/ban Your Account / #ListenUpGoogle Why Google Omitted Nigeria On 2-step Verification Country List? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 3:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

bossip.com does the same thing Linda does and is an American country. Why hasn't Google yanked then off.

We blacks are the authors of our own undoing.

Because she brought. Range to show una Abi. Chei. The hate and thirst in Nigeria is real.

After I marry shortly I'm moving out of country for at least two years so some envy will die down.
has anyone reported bossip.com to google?

2 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 3:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

Pls go and Google the term cult following. I was at one of Nigeria's top tier banks in December 2012.

They hosted Linda Ikeji on one of their floors, e remain small the CEO for ask for her autograph.

Linda has become too big to fail o bruh

All the controversy plays in her favour. She is a gossip rag.
linda has become too big to fall!!! Joke of the century. No business is too big to fall

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by lottoe(m): 3:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

Pls go and Google the term cult following. I was at one of Nigeria's top tier banks in December 2012.

They hosted Linda Ikeji on one of their floors, e remain small the CEO for ask for her autograph.

Linda has become too big to fail o bruh

All the controversy plays in her favour. She is a gossip rag.
....[/b]SCRIBBLE[b]...This same guy /gal again?...opening how many threads for lindaikeji?? It obvious something is wrong somewhere...[/b]suspicious goat[b] undecided lipsrsealed
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 3:27pm On Oct 09, 2014
aguiyi:

the internet is an open source(if you know what that means) . copy pasting without link backs or acknowledgement is common, singling her out for such treatment because some Caucasian looking fellow reported her is unacceptable.

the worst they should have done was to stop her earnings from the day she was reported till she do the needful or they could have also removed all their adverts from her blog such that she will not earn anything from those pages that contain such copy right texts or images till she meets the required condition.

if it was linda that reported that guy to google , will they take this same action or because she is from 3rd world so anything can happen
if she flouted google rules ,google reserves the right to punish her as they deem fit ,it is not for us to question them. I had 2 monikers and nl banned me for one year while someone else got away with it ,should I now question nairaland ?
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 3:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
One thing I have noticed about nigerians is that they always like to hold someone else accountable for their mistakes ,errors and failures

5 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Mcbussy(m): 3:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
So Google has killed Linda?! shocked cry....is it by firing squad,hanging or lethal injection?

United nations and Amnesty international must hear this. cry embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by haywire07(m): 4:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

As for the haters. Yes we all know Nigerians have jealousy and envy more than business acumen. I'm in the business. Linda is my competitor. My site makes 8 figures a year but I don't touch Google. Bastardos dealt with me before.

FOr you haters, I feel sorry for you because by the time she starts driving a Bentley you guys will choke on your hate.

Seun, mods pls front page Abeg. Wanted to say this on my other three yesterday But Phcn struck and I gave up. People need to know how Google ruins publishing business out of greed and corporate impunity and intolerance. PLS.
Even after making 8figures a year, phcn still dey disturb u...* I can see lienus *
As fr d *haters* who is hating and who are they hating? Google or Linda or Ayedee or you.?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 4:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
haywire07:

Even after making 8figures a year, phcn still dey disturb u...* I can see lienus *
As fr d *haters* who is hating and who are they hating? Google or Linda or Ayedee or you.?

Phcn dey disturb Dangote Sef

U r the textbook definition of a hater

Ur own lesser financial state makes it impossible to believe that your betters are on NL posting, reading, commenting.

Ok bro if it will make u happy. I make 20k a month.
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by arresa: 4:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
kettykin:
A census of those on the side of google yields in NL a very interesting result , i have been reading responses from yesterday on this tragic event that happened to Linda Ikeji and responses has been quite revealing and interesting , most people who make a joke of it or are on the side of Google appears to be from a certain part of the country while those who are hurt with the action of google are from another part of the country ,why do some people make fortune out of other people's misfortune.

Linda Ikeji would bounce back soon

Even Google sef is from the same region...

Tribalism is your life's default, it's your starting and ending point in life, it dictates everything you do in life, it's the well you draw knowledge and wisdom from.

What is tragic is people like you condoning illegalities all because petty and disgusting tribbalism.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 09, 2014
onatisi:
if she flouted google rules ,google reserves the right to punish her as they deem fit ,it is not for us to question them. I had 2 monikers and nl banned me for one year while someone else got away with it ,should I now question nairaland ?

they can deal with her the way they like because she is from 3rd word, bossips.com is still up and running, bros live matter abeg.
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by arresa: 4:07pm On Oct 09, 2014
Waiting to see and read the usual ultimatum sha... grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Nobody: 4:10pm On Oct 09, 2014
When I saw a threat to google I lost interest.

2 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by haywire07(m): 4:18pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

Phcn dey disturb Dangote Sef

U r the textbook definition of a hater

Ur own lesser financial state makes it impossible to believe that your betters are on NL posting, reading, commenting.

Ok bro if it will make u happy. I make 20k a month.
So u make 20k per month and u can open mouth and say am in a lesser financial state.
Point of correction, Linda is not ur competitor but shld be ur mentor
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 4:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
haywire07:

So u make 20k per month and u can open mouth and say am in a lesser financial state.
Point of correction, Linda is not ur competitor but shld be ur mentor

I'm sure u think I'd continue to engage u but the two of us cannot be in unemployment line and be arguing.

I admire Linda Sha
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by basilo101: 4:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
ibedun:

Do they teach this people how to make mouth or what? Rival Google? Whether Google USA or Nigeria.

Do they teach u ppl to perpetually feel inferior to the white man?
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by remsonik(f): 4:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
You know nothing op this is crap.
Do you know that if she continues stealing contents and she tries it with a big online site google will be sued. You know she signed a third party agreement on google.
It could damage google's image

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by ibedun: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
arresa:
Linda Ikeji makes millions of dollars... grin
You must be smoking some bad bad ganja.
Google and Google is the same Google in Nigeria, in Casablanca, in Mongolia, in Romania and even on MARS.
I know crooked and corrupt Nigerians value money and greed over good name and good reputation, but Google's global brand name and reputation is more important than your gossip and plagiarizing blogger...
There is more to humanity than money, greed and bad name..

Siddon for there Yorubaman, you never hear say every Easterner in your land makes millions everyday?

Wait until they buy the Agege Motor Road before you hear am.

Awon were!

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by arresa: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
basilo101:

Do they teach u ppl to perpetually feel inferior to the white man?

And how do you prove to the white man that you are not inferior? By crookedness, lack of originality, greed, fraudulent acts and plagiarism?

6 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by arresa: 4:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
[s]
ibedun:

Siddon for there Yorubaman, you never hear say every Easterner in your land makes millions everyday?

Wait until they buy the Agege Motor Road before you hear am.

Awon were!
[/s]

Your idiotic nonsense means nothing over here, save your gutter and pedestrian rubbish for your kind...

4 Likes

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by tellwisdom: 4:56pm On Oct 09, 2014
Guy, no dey bore us with linda ibeji story abeg.. sad...Make she go enjoy the little money wey she don make.
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by fluteman: 5:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
arresa:
[s][/s]

Your idiotic nonsense means nothing over here, save your gutter and pedestrian rubbish for your kind...
U missed the sarcasm in her post smh undecided
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by onatisi(m): 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
aguiyi:

they can deal with her the way they like because she is from 3rd word, bossips.com is still up and running, bros live matter abeg.

this is the problem nigerians have and we need to change this orientation that people are ganging up against us when it is obvious that we are at fault. I asked a question and u have failed to give a correct answer instead u shifted it to another angle.my question is this bossips.com you are using as a reference as anyone ever reported that site to google ,and google refused to take action? If you bring out a case as such do so. Forget the issue of 3rd world or not.
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 5:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
tellwisdom:
Guy, no dey bore us with linda ibeji story abeg.. sad...Make she go enjoy the little money wey she don make.

u too huh undecided

e go better cry
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by Nobody: 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
onatisi:
this is the problem nigerians have and we need to change this orientation that people are ganging up against us when it is obvious that we are at fault. I asked a question and u have failed to give a correct answer instead u shifted it to another angle.my question is this bossips.com you are using as a reference as anyone ever reported that site to google ,and google refused to take action? If you bring out a case as such do so. Forget the issue of 3rd world or not.

ok
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by haywire07(m): 6:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

I'm sure u think I'd continue to engage u but the two of us cannot be in unemployment line and be arguing.

I admire Linda Sha
There's jst one reason y I won't engage you , "u don't know me " ,.so I spare u

I admire scribble,Linda and ayedee sha
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by arresa: 6:14pm On Oct 09, 2014
fluteman:

U missed the sarcasm in her post smh undecided

I sure missed it....
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 6:32pm On Oct 09, 2014
haywire07:

There's jst one reason y I won't engage you , "u don't know me " ,.so I spare u

I admire scribble,Linda and ayedee sha

u wanna be a Nairaland shiite troll, I swear you amuse me.

Success is the preserve of those who are steadfast in their desire, because when you follow your passion, success follows you. but so do trolls on NL sha... angry smiley

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by free2ryhme: 6:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
una don hear

undecided
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by haywire07(m): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:

u wanna be a Nairaland shiite troll, I swear you amuse me.

Success is the preserve of those who are steadfast in their desire, because when you follow your passion, success follows you. but so do trolls on NL sha... angry smiley
Eewo!!!! *puts hand on d head *

Congrats bro..

Bro, I'm an architect o, in case job fit show fr me ...criously o grin
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by udemzyudex(m): 7:09pm On Oct 09, 2014
scribble:
For all the people that think Google did not have any malicious reason for killing Linda ikeji pls guess again.

It's not copyright like they say on the surface.

Linda ikeji is the biggest competitor to Google Nigeria adaense business.

Three things you have to understand,

1. Google Nigeria is not the same company as Google Inc. The former makes its profits in Nigeria where the online ad business is not as robust as it's intl counterpart.

2. Linda Ikeji makes millions of dollars directly from advertisers. This is money she takes out of Google's mouth. Whilst she still runs theirbadsense platform on her mobile and desktop sites making tens and tens of thousands of dollars routinely.

3. That is a threat to Google Nigeria. A few months ago, a Google ad sense worker turned whistleblower explained how Google has a policy of looking for ways to disconnect successful publishers from their ad sense revenue in order to drive the brands profit. That story was on front page then, if you need a link, ask me and I will provide.

So Google copyright argument is just their official line. Have you ever stopped to think why Nairaland does not run Google adsense?

As for the haters. Yes we all know Nigerians have jealousy and envy more than business acumen. I'm in the business. Linda is my competitor. My site makes 8 figures a year but I don't touch Google. Bastardos dealt with me before.

Linda's biggest mistake was not exclusively going to Nigerian brands direct and being on .

FOr you haters, I feel sorry for you because by the time she starts driving a Bentley you guys will choke on your hate.

Seun, mods pls front page Abeg. Wanted to say this on my other three yesterday But Phcn struck and I gave up. People need to know how Google ruins publishing business out of greed and corporate impunity and intolerance. PLS.

Mod, oga seun pls move this thing to the JOKE section thanks...

1 Like

Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scribble: 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
haywire07:

Eewo!!!! *puts hand on d head *

Congrats bro..

Bro, I'm an architect o, in case job fit show fr me ...criously o grin

lol come and see me at the plaza on Friday
Re: Why Google Killed Linda Ikeji (the Real Reason) by scarred9jan(m): 7:20pm On Oct 09, 2014
kettykin:
A census of those on the side of google yields in NL a very interesting result , i have been reading responses from yesterday on this tragic event that happened to Linda Ikeji and responses has been quite revealing and interesting , most people who make a joke of it or are on the side of Google appears to be from a certain part of the country while those who are hurt with the action of google are from another part of the country ,why do some people make fortune out of other people's misfortune.

Linda Ikeji would bounce back soon

abeg abeg abeg.... wetin tribe gas to do with this? the chick broke laws shikena and you half-wit brings tribalism into this.. you act as if other 'haters' side don't have people with money.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Entertainment Blogs In Nigeria Are Failing It / Nigerian Or Foreign Host Company? / How I Can Stop My Time From Counting In Cyber Cafe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.