Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,771 members, 7,802,366 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:06 PM

Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. (5945 Views)

All Possible Quiz Questions From The Bible Book Of Joshua / Place all your difficult questions for Nairaland atheists here / Difficult Questions For Catholics And Their Trinitarian Counterparts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 7:05pm On Oct 09, 2014
After having some experiences with Christians on this section,I noticed some patterns in the way Christians react to questions that might invalidate their beliefs.

1)Thou shall not question God! God is too mysterious to decipher!
That is What they say When they no longer have any valid point against yours.
Irony: we have Christians reading the Bible everyday to dissect and understand God yet They say God is too mysterious to understand, So why do we have the Bible?

2)Forget about those things and focus on being saved Which is the most important thing!
Irony: pastors dont preach about being saved in the church every Sunday,most of them talk about blessings,favour,promotion,protection. I guess being saved is not that important afterall

3)God knows best,ask God he would give you the answers you seek.
Irony: the thing about this advice is that,it actually puts you in a state Where u have to give yourself the answer that makes sense to you,thereby removing the burden of answering ur question from the Christian and placing it on you,because if truly God answers question,why do some Christians say they don't have answers to every questions, why do those who think They have answers never give satisfactory answers When their Google "baba God" is there to answer them?

4)you need the holy spirit to understand!
Irony: the holy spirit never existed during the old testament time,because Jesus brought holy spirit unto men after he died,So how did those people (old testament)understand the Bible without the holy spirit? Or nobody understood the Bible then? Wow!

5)They quote another Bible verse fr you.
Irony: this is done to divert ur attention from the main discussion because They also don't understand the Bible verse, So They quote the one They understand for you,even If They aren't related.

6)They attack your person (argumentum ad hominem)
Irony: They do this When their emotions have taken over their senses,some cunny ones do this So as to make u angry,by making u angry u won't be able to think properly and argue well,hence They end up getting u confused by making u angry.

7)Using question to answer a question.
Irony: I have noticed this attitude among some not So intelligent Christians who always try to appear smart,why They do this,is because They aren't So smart,They ask u question for ur question,So it would seem like They know What they are doing and They know the point They are driving at,while in actual fact,They are simply just asking questions from ur questions So as to confuse u and divert u from ur original purpose of starting the thread,If u have engaged people like image123 in an argument,u would understand this well.

coolthe Bible is not a philosophical or science book,stop trying to dissect it.
Irony: that is exactly What the Bible itself instruct It's reader to do,So this is a baseless point.

9)They quote an insultive Bible verse. Another attempt to make u angry and confuse u.

10)Albert Einstein was a genius scientist and still believed in God.
Wrong,albeit Einstein insulted religion in countless press prints,this is simply an invention from religious people to validate religion,and make u look arrogant that u Ar not as smart as Einstein yet Einstein believed God,why not you?

Add yours! Ways Christians try to escape your questions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by kekakuz(m): 7:26pm On Oct 09, 2014
if you have questions
direct them to seasoned men of God like oyakilome and lets see who will try to escape
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 7:34pm On Oct 09, 2014
PLEASE read Matthew 24:3-51
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 7:37pm On Oct 09, 2014
Please read Matthew 24:3-51
The most important thing now is what was written and what you believe......Time is of the essence.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by BodyKiss(m): 7:38pm On Oct 09, 2014
Free will.

Question: If God is so perfect and never makes mistake, this world is not a good evidence to attest to that.

Their response: It's because of the sin of mankind. God created human with free will, but that free will was abused by man.

Same bible recorded how same God enforced his will on people.

2 Likes

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Ajibam: 7:40pm On Oct 09, 2014
This is the main reason
2 Timothy 2:23
Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.

Most of those that ask questions which are atheist and their brothers are always violent,, if you reply them, they attack you with insults..All they seek is argument(foolish, stupid and baseless).
So, we just ignore them cause we are peacemakers..
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 7:44pm On Oct 09, 2014
theunusualmoon:
PLEASE read Matthew 24:3-51
Wow another way They evade,scare tactics.
They try to make u scared,So that u give in to ur fears and stop finding things out. tongue

1 Like

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by micklplus(m): 7:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

They try to make u scared,So that u give in to ur fears and stop finding things out. tongue

They always do bro. They don't have answers to most questions asked and that s why they evade your question.

The only they have is tacts and how to collect your tithe! LOL.

@ ifeness come and help out oo

3 Likes

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

Brother.....Truth is i can spend eternity explaining or trying to prove to you that GOD exists and to be honest with you, you'll probably spend the same duration proving to me that you love your wife/G.friend because no one can see love yet we all claim to love at one time or another....Just like you cannot see or touch love,You cannot see or touch GOD as well but that doesn't mean these two 'entities' do not exist.......Like I said it all boils down to what you believe and truth is we are all running out of time.Hope you read the piece I recommended and do remember it was written years ago but it is gradually being experienced in the world of today more than the world of yesterday.....meaning.....The end is gradually unfolding.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 8:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ajibam:
This is the main reason
2 Timothy 2:23
Don't have anything to do with foolish and stupid arguments, because you know they produce quarrels.

Most of those that ask questions which are atheist and their brothers are always violent,, if you reply them, they attack you with insults..All they seek is argument(foolish, stupid and baseless).
So, we just ignore them cause we are peacemakers..
Peacemakers my ass
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 8:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
theunusualmoon:

Brother.....Truth is i can spend eternity explaining or trying to prove to you that GOD exists and to be honest with you, you'll probably spend the same duration proving to me that you love your wife/G.friend because no one can see love yet we all claim to love at one time or another....Just like you cannot see or touch love,You cannot see or touch GOD as well but that doesn't mean these two 'entities' do not exist.......Like I said it all boils down to what you believe and truth is we are all running out of time.Hope you read the piece I recommended and do remember it was written years ago but it is gradually being experienced in the world of today more than the world of yesterday.....meaning.....The end is gradually unfolding.

And who told u love and God are comparable.
Love is an emotion,God is a deity,They cant be used together to compare nor contrast.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Ajibam: 8:35pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

Peacemakers my ass
See?
This is why we do ignore and behave maturely.. Now if I reply you with an insult, we will start e-fight.. But I can't let it to reach that point so I just do like I didn't see it.. Jesus loves you
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:48pm On Oct 09, 2014
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 8:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

And who told u love and God are comparable.
Love is an emotion,God is a deity,They cant be used together to compare nor contrast.
I am sure you understand me perfectly but you just still want to hang on to your beliefs which quite frankly I can't force you to change I can only say things that I think may be fit for your consideration.
Consider these analogies as well...
If you live in lagos like myself and you don't have a car, to move around you'll probably take a cab,a bike or a bus whose driver you've never met before.you don't even know if he/she is well versed in the skill of driving yet you hump in on the ride with the belief that this person will get you to your destination safely.And guess what? You do get there safely and so you use this medium of transportation again and again.
You walk into a restaurant and nearly every one you see is a stranger.you don"t even know if the food you"re been served will cause you any upsets yet you still eat and say to yourself...."what's the worse that can happen? and guess what? nothing happens to you.You"ll probably visit the restaurant again, again and again.
You are a single man and you bump into a lady who share your future aspirations and also
looks like the word beautiful....As at when you
first met her you knew nothing about her but you put your time and everything into trusting her.....Guess what? Its 2 yrs past.and you guys are married with a wonderful home together....
We are never sure of anything until we chose to believe and give it a try.Give GOD a try bro.Just like you tried that driver,restaurant and lady.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 8:54pm On Oct 09, 2014
Ajibam:

See?
This is why we do ignore and behave maturely.. Now if I reply you with an insult, we will start e-fight.. But I can't let it to reach that point so I just do like I didn't see it.. Jesus loves you

Yes Jesus loves me enough to prepare hell for me If I don't love him back.
Great love I must say!

1 Like

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Ajibam: 8:57pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

Yes Jesus loves me enough to prepare hell for me If I don't love him back.
Great love I must say!
Alright bro wink
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2014
theunusualmoon:

I am sure you understand me perfectly but you just still want to hang on to your beliefs which quite frankly I can't force you to change I can only say things that I think may be fit for your consideration.
Consider these analogies as well...
If you live in lagos like myself and you don't have a car, to move around you'll probably take a cab,a bike or a bus whose driver you've never met before.you don't even know if he/she is well versed in the skill of driving yet you hump in on the ride with the belief that this person will get you to your destination safely.And guess what? You do get there safely and so you use this medium of transportation again and again.
You walk into a restaurant and nearly every one you see is a stranger.you don"t even know if the food you"re been served will cause you any upsets yet you still eat and say to yourself...."what's the worse that can happen? and guess what? nothing happens to you.You"ll probably visit the restaurant again, again and again.
You are a single man and you bump into a lady who share your future aspirations and also looks like the word beautiful....As at when you first met her you knew nothing about her but you put your time and everything into trusting her.....Guess what? Its 2 yrs past.and you guys arearried

I get ur point,that I do a lot of things based on faith,same thing applies to the family i met myself.
I accepted Christianity because of the faith I had in my family,I believed Since They are Christians,So being Christian must be the right thing.
But how your analogy differed from my non-belief in the deity Yahweh,is how Yahweh has failed me in proving Its authenticity.

In all ur analogies i continued because They never failed,But If Yahweh failed,What would I do,accept I have been duped all these while and seek the truth. Nothing But the bitter truth.

1 Like

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by nobilis: 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
I don't think Christians really read the bible. Because if they really do, they will understand the shallowness of religion as a whole. The Pentateuch alone will lay bare everything you need to know about the shallowness of religion. I wonder why people don't see it.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:23pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

I get ur point,that I do a lot of things based on faith,same thing applies to the family i met myself.
I accepted Christianity because of the faith I had in my family,I believed Since They are Christians,So being Christian must be the right thing.
But how your analogy differed from my non-belief in the deity Yahweh,is how Yahweh has failed me in proving Its authenticity.

I can't quite fault you because you truly have a point but you seem to have left a few things out.
1.You didn't choose your family,they chose you(Through your parents ofcourse)
2.You claim that the bus,restaurant and Lady have never failed you,hence your continued trust in them but think of this:
Will you stay indoors forever should that bus driver fail you someday and lands you in an accident or will you try another driver after a while?......Will you choose not to eat in another restaurant ever again just cause one restaurant's food was too salty for your liking?......Will you choose never to speak to a woman again because one lady betrayed you or shunned you as you tried to approach her?

In all ur analogies i continued because They never failed,But If Yahweh failed,What would I do,accept I have been duped all these while and seek the truth. Nothing But the bitter truth.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

In all ur analogies i continued because They never failed,But If Yahweh failed,What would I do,accept I have been duped all these while and seek the truth. Nothing But the btruth.

I can't quite fault you because you truly have a point but you seem to have left a few things out.
2.You claim that the bus,restaurant and Lady have never failed you,hence your continued trust in them but think of this:
Will you stay indoors forever should that bus driver fail you someday and lands you in an accident or will you try another driver after a while?......Will you choose not to eat in another restaurant ever again just cause one restaurant's food was too salty for your liking?......Will you choose never to speak to a woman again because one lady betrayed you or shunned you as you tried to approach her?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 09, 2014
theunusualmoon:

Yes I will stop entering buses and learn how to drive myself.
I won't eat in that restaurant again If their food taste too salty,that shows They are incompetent and could poison me one day .
I won't turn into a misogynist because of rejections,I would continue to look for the lady that would accept me.
Same thing applies here,I won't continue to let a deity or a book to delude me after being failed by it,Through strong convictions.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 9:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
nobilis:
I don't think Christians really read the bible. Because if they really do, they will understand the shallowness of religion as a whole. The Pentateuch alone will lay bare everything you need to know about the shallowness of religion. I wonder why people don't see it.
Longest time . By the way What language is Cogito, ergo sum?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by nobilis: 9:52pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

Longest time . By the way What language is Cogito, ergo sum?

I just dey, my bro

It's Latin.
Meaning:
"I think, therefore I am" or "I think, therefore I exist".
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 9:55pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

Yes I will stop entering buses and learn how to drive myself.
I won't eat in that restaurant again If their food taste too salty,that shows They are incompetent and could poison me one day .
I won't turn into a misogynist because of rejections,I would continue to look for the lady that would accept me.
Same thing applies here,I won't continue to let a deity or a book to delude me after being failed by it,Through strong convictions.
You understood my analogy but not completely.What it means is wether you like it or not you will always eat.in a restaurant or somewhere.......you will always eat.
You will always be with a woman.....just cause she nags and stuff does not mean you'll "unmarry" her......
And you will always need a driver...even if you drive yourself and someday you hit a car or something unpleasant heppens.....it won't stop you.from driving.you"ll get over it and hit the roads again wont you.....
So why turn your back on GOD cause he dissappointed you a few times?
There have been times you have dissappointed yourself but all you do is dust yourself up and try again.Isnt It?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Oct 09, 2014
theunusualmoon:

You understood my analogy but not completely.What it means is wether you like it or not you will always eat.in a restaurant or somewhere.......you will always eat.
You will always be with a woman.....just cause she nags and stuff does not mean you'll "unmarry" her......
And you will always need a driver...even if you drive yourself and someday you hit a car or something unpleasant heppens.....it won't stop you.from driving.you"ll get over it and hit the roads again wont you.....
So why turn your back on GOD cause he dissappointed you a few times?
There have been times you have dissappointed yourself but all you do is dust yourself up and try again.Isnt It?

I have never turned my back on God even When he seemed to be unconcerned about me,I have never had a thought that God disappointed me,that was When he still existed.
Now that he doesn't exist to me nko?
God never failed me nor disappointed me,I only seek him as the Bible instructed and found out he never existed.
So sad,I have been praying to nothing all these while,even more sad my family still believe in thin air. I get sad When I watch people pray tirelessly to Nothing that never existed.

Although It's good to have someone to look up to,So I let them be.

1 Like

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 09, 2014
nobilis:

I just dey, my bro

It's Latin.
Meaning:
"I think, therefore I am" or "I think, therefore I exist".

Alright man.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 10:31pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

I have never turned my back on God even When he seemed to be unconcerned about me,I have never had a thought that God disappointed me,that was When he still existed.
Now that he doesn't exist to me nko?
God never failed me nor disappointed me,I only seek him as the Bible instructed and found out he never existed.
So sad,I have been praying to nothing all these while,even more sad my family still believe in thin air. I get sad When I watch people pray tirelessly to Nothing that never existed.
Although It's good to have someone to look up to,So I let them be.
This takes us back to the beginning of our discussion.
What makes you think GOD does not exist?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 10:53pm On Oct 09, 2014
theunusualmoon:

This takes us back to the beginning of our discussion.
What makes you think GOD does not exist?

A lot oooo,too much If I start listing them this thread would reach second page.
But the most powerful proof of his non existence is that God doesn't know the shape of the earth and how the earth relates with the sun,he doesn't know What is beyond the earth. Geocentricism and lack of knowledge of the universe by a God who claimed to create them himself.
It's like Steve jobs doesn't know the real voice behind siri. Incredible!

1 Like

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by theunusualmoon(m): 11:02pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:

A lot oooo,too much If I start listing them this thread would reach second page.
But the most powerful proof of his non existence is that God doesn't know the shape of the earth and how the earth relates with the sun,he doesn't know What is beyond the earth. Geocentricism and lack of knowledge of the universe by a God who claimed to create them himself.
It's like Steve jobs doesn't know the real voice behind siri. Incredible!
And what makes you think he doesn't know.
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by asalimpo(m): 11:04pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dapo777:
After having some experiences with Christians on this section,I noticed some patterns in the way Christians react to questions that might invalidate their beliefs.

1)Thou shall not question God! God is too mysterious to decipher!
That is What they say When they no longer have any valid point against yours.
Irony: we have Christians reading the Bible everyday to dissect and understand God yet They say God is too mysterious to understand, So why do we have the Bible?

2)Forget about those things and focus on being saved Which is the most important thing!
Irony: pastors dont preach about being saved in the church every Sunday,most of them talk about blessings,favour,promotion,protection. I guess being saved is not that important afterall

3)God knows best,ask God he would give you the answers you seek.
Irony: the thing about this advice is that,it actually puts you in a state Where u have to give yourself the answer that makes sense to you,thereby removing the burden of answering ur question from the Christian and placing it on you,because if truly God answers question,why do some Christians say they don't have answers to every questions, why do those who think They have answers never give satisfactory answers When their Google "baba God" is there to answer them?

4)you need the holy spirit to understand!
Irony: the holy spirit never existed during the old testament time,because Jesus brought holy spirit unto men after he died,So how did those people (old testament)understand the Bible without the holy spirit? Or nobody understood the Bible then? Wow!

5)They quote another Bible verse fr you.
Irony: this is done to divert ur attention from the main discussion because They also don't understand the Bible verse, So They quote the one They understand for you,even If They aren't related.

6)They attack your person (argumentum ad hominem)
Irony: They do this When their emotions have taken over their senses,some cunny ones do this So as to make u angry,by making u angry u won't be able to think properly and argue well,hence They end up getting u confused by making u angry.

7)Using question to answer a question.
Irony: I have noticed this attitude among some not So intelligent Christians who always try to appear smart,why They do this,is because They aren't So smart,They ask u question for ur question,So it would seem like They know What they are doing and They know the point They are driving at,while in actual fact,They are simply just asking questions from ur questions So as to confuse u and divert u from ur original purpose of starting the thread,If u have engaged people like image123 in an argument,u would understand this well.

coolthe Bible is not a philosophical or science book,stop trying to dissect it.
Irony: that is exactly What the Bible itself instruct It's reader to do,So this is a baseless point.

9)They quote an insultive Bible verse. Another attempt to make u angry and confuse u.

10)Albert Einstein was a genius scientist and still believed in God.
Wrong,albeit Einstein insulted religion in countless press prints,this is simply an invention from religious people to validate religion,and make u look arrogant that u Ar not as smart as Einstein yet Einstein believed God,why not you?

Add yours! Ways Christians try to escape your questions.

if einstein is a genius who wasnt a christian (He didnt insult God in countless ways - spare us d exaggeration - ) . They are equally compelling counterexamples of christians who were geniuses/notable intellectuals .

2. If you ar tryg to fault christianity and think u know enuff about it to disprove it,then u and other atheists wudnt ask the questions you do.
3. It's a known fact tht no debate u atheists engage in is for honest investigatve inquiry but rather your goal is to prove wrong , discredit smear. If tht fails outright abuse of God and His Son i.e blasphemy.
Since ur minds are made up, and our minds are made up to based on wat d bible says, wats d point thrashg an argument?
Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 11:25pm On Oct 09, 2014
theunusualmoon:

And what makes you think he doesn't know.

It's all in the Bible.
What is the foundation of the world in Isaiah 24:18,john 17:24,psalm 104:5,Isaiah 48:13,psalm 18:15? And other numerous verses Where it was mentioned.

What is the pillars of the earth in 1samuel 2:5,job 9:6

How did Satan show Jesus all the kingdom of the world even at the highest mountain? Because the earth is flat?

How did God spread out the earth in psalm 136:6,Isaiah 44:24? The last time I checked It's only something flat that can be spread,u can spread out pan cake,But u can't spread out meat balls.

Where are the two ends of the earth in deut 28:64,33:17,job28:24? Isaiah 41:9?

Where are the corners of the earth in job 37:3?

Why is Yahweh sky hard as molten mirror in job 37:18?

Why is the sun moving in psalm 19:4-6

How come stars can fall from the sky? Wow the sky is hard and the stars are simply hanging! Wonderful!!!!!! Matthew 24:29,mark 13:25,revelations 6:13

Read all those verses to confirm all that have said,Yahweh the acclaimed Creator of heaven and earth has no idea of earth movement, shape,interaction, no idea about the sky,no idea about the sun stability,Wow!!!! He Really is the Creator,don't you think?

1 Like

Re: Ways Christians evade Difficult Questions From Others. by Nobody: 11:30pm On Oct 09, 2014
asalimpo:

if einstein is a genius who wasnt a christian (He didnt insult God in countless ways - spare us d exaggeration - ) . They are equally compelling counterexamples of christians who were geniuses/notable intellectuals .

2. If you ar tryg to fault christianity and think u know enuff about it to disprove it,then u and other atheists wudnt ask the questions you do.
3. It's a known fact tht no debate u atheists engage in is for honest investigatve inquiry but rather your goal is to prove wrong , discredit smear. If tht fails outright abuse of God and His Son i.e blasphemy.
Since ur minds are made up, and our minds are made up to based on wat d bible says, wats d point thrashg an argument?

Yes our aim is to prove wrong.
What's wrong with proving something wrong,as wrong?

If it is wrong,then we should prove it wrong,I don't see anything wrong in that. Do you?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

You're A Christian, Your Wife Is A Muslim. Will The Marriage Work? / Reverend David Obiosa: Christian Warfare Is Not Against Flesh And Blood / Chemists Create Artificial Evolution For The First Time.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.