Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:40 PM

Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 (20986 Views)

How To Detect Car Horn Faults / "Horn Free Day” Coming Up On October 15, 2014 / Road Trip On A Motorcycle From Lagos To Accra & Back To Lagos. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by LilNetty(m): 8:15pm On Oct 09, 2014
The Lagos State Government said it has set aside Wednesday, October 15, 2014 to be observed as a Horn Free Day.
The Commissioner for Transportation, Kayode Opeifa, made this known in his Alausa office on Friday.
The Commissioner said that the observance of the Horn Free Day is expected to reduce noise pollution from the use of the horn, improve road courtesy, improve lane discipline and draw motorists’attention to the importance of road discipline and mutual respect for other road users.
He said that Governor Fashola has challenged road users in Lagos State to observe a Horn Free Day, which is designed to complement the on-going efforts by the Lagos State Government in the provision and upgrading of traffic infrastructure across the State.
The activities lined up towards the Horn Free Day, would involve active engagement of radio and television stations in generating discussions challenging road users to observe a Horn Free Day.
It would also include endorsement by relevant stakeholders, as well as ember months campaign by the Vehicle Inspection Service to advocate, educate and enlighten road users on road safety.
The Law Enforcement Training Institute (LETI) would also be embarking on a community outreach programme which involves market and motor park engagements that will provide an avenue for discussion of the Horn Free Day and the engagement of Traffic Safety Ambassadors to partner with the Ministry of Transportation to support the successful observation of the Horn Free Day.
Opeifa urged all motorists, Lagosians and the general public to support the State Government by observing and adhering to the Horn Free Day exercise.
Source: www.m.dailytimes.com.ng/article/noise-pollution-lagos-observe-horn-free-day-october-15

13 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Wittylens(m): 8:29pm On Oct 09, 2014
Lol. This Is Going To Cause Commotion. And Accidents Too.

10 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by GentleMimi: 8:43pm On Oct 09, 2014
I really doubt it working. Pressing the horn is a reflex action. Mbok , make accident no yapa oooo. Some Nigerian drivers are goats. without prodding of a horn, they are worse than village goats.

25 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by diceman1: 8:46pm On Oct 09, 2014
This is great. I drove in Lagos a while back and my horn wasn't working. For two weeks I drove without a horn and it taught me how to drive defensively and be patient. I hate unnecessary horning now. Truth be told, this can work and should be promoted/ encouraged by all.

57 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by mejai(m): 8:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
I hope LASG ambulances will be on standby for disasters

12 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by lonelydora: 11:03pm On Oct 09, 2014
How I wish I will be in Lagos driving around. It will be a fun to behold.

4 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Carter111: 4:51am On Oct 10, 2014
mejai:
I hope LASG ambulances will be on standby for disasters
the people wey trailer go jam ehn

7 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by CharlieMaria(m): 7:12am On Oct 10, 2014
I hate horns lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by datguru: 7:12am On Oct 10, 2014
In Nigeria, NO, in Lagos? Too impossible

9 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by yuzjet(m): 7:12am On Oct 10, 2014
Oh really?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Henrypraise: 7:12am On Oct 10, 2014
Saw it on channels ytday, in as much as I tink d initiative to reduce noise pollution is fantastic, d campaign of a day withou horn may lead to disaster as hornin is one n d most effective way of communication btwn/ among motorist n pedestrian, I smell accidents n chaos brewin on da high n low ways.

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by fpeter(f): 7:12am On Oct 10, 2014
It's everywhere but I guess Lagos is worse.
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Udodasco1(m): 7:12am On Oct 10, 2014
Ma ear go hear word for those bike trailer horn

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by pgidex(f): 7:13am On Oct 10, 2014
Shey na 4 ds lagos wey I no? D conductor noise even pass the motor horn chaiii. cheesy

19 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Ekowise(m): 7:13am On Oct 10, 2014
Ok

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by simplynola(m): 7:13am On Oct 10, 2014
Hope it doesn't include trailers, tippers and tankers?

1 Like

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Tymax(m): 7:14am On Oct 10, 2014
So how do we overtake those trailers? Those coke, Pepsi, and garbage trucks angry

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by msmon(m): 7:14am On Oct 10, 2014
Though we have abuse the use of car horn in Nigeria, to not use it at all is insane.

Someone should kindly appeal to SAN to abort that mission because it's 'Mission Impossible'

3 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by QMark: 7:14am On Oct 10, 2014
Every day is horn free day in most developed countries. Was in France for a month, the only day I heard car horn was when they were using it to celebrate their 2:0 win over Nigeria at the World Cup.

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Innodon(m): 7:15am On Oct 10, 2014
I don hear
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Nobody: 7:18am On Oct 10, 2014
they shouldn't try it here in Aba embarassed
I can use my horn all the way from Brass junction till...Osisioma (I know it's bad)
...but that's the only way I put these Aba bus drivers in check...I can't even imagine life without my car horn here. undecided

If they try it hereee! I wouldn't drive that day. angry

5 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Neddyogu(m): 7:19am On Oct 10, 2014
let d lasg be ready for d commotion that this will generate especially those ppl who stroll across the roads as though in a park. anyway, FP tinz. dancing skelewu. today's gonn be guuud

2 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by otswag(m): 7:20am On Oct 10, 2014
Horn free Day? In lagos of all states? Its easier for a camel to pass through the eye of a needle. Thats like asking for an oxygen-free day or a garri -free day for some pple i know.. lol .Gov Fash should drive on d streets of lag himself without a convoy on that Day.i Give him just 2mins after he leaves his gate n I sure say he go start blowing horn n cursing like kolo man... grin grin

21 Likes

Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by dridowu: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2014
With the current mentality of Lasgidi people ? Hmmmmm Waiting 4 dat day
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by ignis: 7:23am On Oct 10, 2014
Could that be possible in Lagos without much awareness?
Re: Noise Pollution: Lagos To Observe Horn Free Day October 15 by Tolubory(m): 7:24am On Oct 10, 2014
For Lagos road abi!!!
I don't think so......

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Why Do People Buy Expensive Cars? / Another Fuel Tanker Crashes In Lagos / Fit-Car PPV: The World's First Pedal-Powered Car (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.