Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,837 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:23 PM

OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi (19595 Views)

Hon Tony Nwulu's Projects At Oshodi Isolo Federal Constituency 2 - Photos / The Truth About The Demolition Of Owonifari Market At Oshodi Lagos - Joe Igbokwe / Serious Fight At Oshodi As I Am Typing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 6:12pm On Oct 10, 2014
I directed my friends on BlackBerry to this story and one of them confirmed it. He was at oshodi when if happened. He said people are just marveled at what happened. He said he saw lastma officials carrying the woman into their van and that people were scared of coming close to her and one of the lastma officials was telling people about it cus he saw it first hand.
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by abokikhalifa: 6:19pm On Oct 10, 2014
orlaryemy:
It`s like Lagosians have attempted burning this poor woman, as this can be deduced from her peeling skin. I think we need to behave in more civilised way not that when we "hear-say" Birds fall from sky and turn to a woman we start lynching. This does not make sense, there is need for further investigation. Setting fire on fellow human being is uncalled for.
who tell you say this one na fellow human like you? Abi una be family?

1 Like

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by ChristineC: 6:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:

Come on now, don't be shy. Mob killers are generally PROUD of their exploits, especially in Nigeria where such grisly street murders are essentially legal.

Again, sir, how many killings of "alleged" petty thieves, witches, and magical willy removers have you personally been involved in ?

You are the true face of modern Africa - hateful, blindly superstitious, fearful of shadows, and above all, blood thirsty, so please just relax and revel in your status as a homicidal psychopath, for there are so many more like you who readily believe ALL they hear without requesting evidence, and who just love the sport of chasing down, then torturing and killing total strangers on the street in broad daylight, for ANY reason, no matter how absurd.
What exactly is there to deduce from your post? Is it that you don't believe witches exists or you don't believe this particular story? From the initial post/person you quoted, your response didn't even synchronize/disagree with what he/she said

1 Like

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Superstar007(m): 6:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
priscaoge:

Hahhahahahha dem fit get airport for up there ooo cheesy

LoooL grin grin

1 Like

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Ochoiho: 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
[quote author=PapiWata post=27027464]

Irrational and superstitious minds like yours will GUARANTEE that Africa will remain at least 100 years behind the industrialized world, in terms of development.

Sadly, brain-dead humanoids of your type constitute a huge MAJORITY in much of Africa, Nigeria inclusive, so there really is NO hope that the continent will emerge into the light for at least another generation.

Your science can not offer a valid explanation so he is "superstitious". Instead of resorting to insult and calling of names why not prove to us that she is not a witch. The OP gave u an eye witness account. May God help u to believe, a day is coming that you will die only to discover you have a second life that will burn for eternity.
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by egopersonified(f): 7:08pm On Oct 10, 2014
Hope you guys wont tell me she was coming from benin, because I will be very angry to hear that.
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 7:11pm On Oct 10, 2014
Tanzanian police have charged 23
people with murder after seven
villagers were burned alive on
suspicion of witchcraft.
Though the attacks in Murufiti, a
village in the western Kigoma region,
happened on Monday, reports only
surfaced with the arrests.
Five of those killed were aged over
60, the other two were over 40.
A Tanzanian human rights group
estimates that 500 suspected witches
are killed in Tanzania annually.
The suspects were arraigned in court
on Friday and accused of murder.
They remain in custody.
Of the detained, at least one is a local
leader, according to Kigoma police
commander Jafari Mohammed.
Empty village
Witnesses say some of the victims
were attacked with machetes and
their homes burned.
The son of one of the victims,
Josephat John, told Tanzania's
Mwananchi newspaper: "When I
returned home in the evening, I
found the body of my mother lying
10 metres away from our house,
while the body of my father was
burnt inside the house."
Hamisi Richard, the leader of Murufiti
village, told the BBC: "Men and
women have run away from the
village. Even children are not there...
Everyone was scared of that event,
and others feared police search."
Belief in witchcraft is prevalent in
many parts of Tanzania.
Between 2005 and 2011, reports say
around 3,000 people were killed after
being accused of being witches.
Several of the victims were old
women but witch doctors - village
healers who are sometimes involved
in the witch hunts - have also
targeted young children and albinos,
the latter because their body parts
are thought to bring prosperity.

www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-29572974?ocid=socialflow_twitter

1 Like

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Idrismusty97(m): 7:15pm On Oct 10, 2014
Chai! Just look at Nigerians. The same way they gathered taking picture of a lady who committed suicide.
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by PapiWata: 7:16pm On Oct 10, 2014
ChristineC:

What exactly is there to deduce from your post? Is it that you don't believe witches exists or you don't believe this particular story? From the initial post/person you quoted, your response didn't even synchronize/disagree with what he/she said

My opinion based on the burnt appearance of that poor woman, is that she is a victim of a mob attack, and that the mob set her alight, while as usual concocting a tall tale about the woman being a species-transformed bird, to justify, in their sick and depraved minds, that murder in progress. Anyone who finds the condition of that woman in the pictures amusing, and who is convinced that she is a witch simply because some lying bastard SAID SO, is a potential murderer without question, in that they could EASILY be persuaded to join in the unprovoked attack on ANY person, and for NO logical reason at all, particularly since mob killers are generally left alone by the police to enjoy their sport with no fear of the prosecution that would send them straight to jail in any civilized nation.

For the record I do NOT believe that there is such a thing as a witch that can defy gravity and fly like a bird, or even do anything at all that defies the fundamental laws of physics. Conversely, I am painfully aware that the bogus accusation of witchcraft is THE most commonly used pretext shouted by killer mobs in Nigeria, when they descend on a new victim in the mean streets of Nigerian towns and cities.

In my humble opinion, mob killers are the most cowardly and utterly disgusting humanoid life forms in existence on the surface of this planet, and one can only HOPE that the federal and state governments in Nigeria will start SOON to identify, arrest, try and jail FOR LIFE all mob killers spotted in the country, in order that such sub-humans can be removed from society until they rot and die in jail, far away from the civilized world to which they NEVER belonged.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by mainheart(m): 7:20pm On Oct 10, 2014
may police arrest her
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Idrismusty97(m): 7:22pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:

My opinion based on the burnt appearance of that poor woman, is that she is a victim of a mob attack, and that the mob set her alight, while as usual concocting a tall tale about the woman being a species-transformed bird, to justify, in their sick and depraved minds, that murder in progress. Anyone who finds the condition of that woman in the pictures amusing, and who is convinced that she is a witch simply because some lying bastard SAID SO, is a potential murderer without question, in that they could EASILY be persuaded to join in the unprovoked attack on ANY person, and for NO logical reason at all, particularly since mob killers are generally left alone by the police to enjoy their sport with no fear of the prosecution that would send them straight to jail in any civilized nation.

For the record I do NOT believe that there is such a thing as a witch that can defy gravity and fly like a bird, or even do anything at all that defies the fundamental laws of physics. Conversely, I am painfully aware that the bogus accusation of witchcraft is THE most commonly used pretext shouted by killer mobs in Nigeria, when they descend on a new victim in the mean streets of Nigerian towns and cities.

In my humble opinion, mob killers are the most cowardly and utterly disgusting humanoid life forms in existence on the surface of this planet, and one can only HOPE that the federal and state governments in Nigeria will start SOON to identify, arrest, try and jail FOR LIFE all mob killers spotted in the country, in order that such sub-humans can be removed from society until they rot and die in jail, far away from the civilized world to which they NEVER belonged.
Well spoken! Anyone who thinks she is a witch just by looking at that picture and believing what people said is a potential murderer! angry You would all burn like her! Useless mob killers.
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by kayoday(m): 7:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
orlaryemy:
It`s like Lagosians have attempted burning this poor woman, as this can be deduced from her peeling skin. I think we need to behave in more civilised way not that when we "hear-say" Birds fall from sky and turn to a woman we start lynching. This does not make sense, there is need for further investigation. Setting fire on fellow human being is uncalled for.
Nobody burnt her she came down like that way. Was about 200m from the scene when people started running there.
'A friend was inspecting some work on the other side of the road when it happened and was among the first set of people to get there when the Area boy who saw the bird screamed and ran in his direction.

Still finding it hard to believe but it happened. According to various sources they wanted to burn her but she removed the tyre placed on her. Was told someone I know questioned her, will talk to him tomorrow to get d real jist.
Happened broad daylight and close to a police point and by a major road.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by PapiWata: 7:29pm On Oct 10, 2014
kayoday:

Nobody burnt her she came down like that way. Was about 200m from the scene when people started running there.
'A friend was inspecting some work on the other side of the road when it happened and was among the first set of people to get there when the Area boy who saw the bird screamed and ran in his direction.

Still finding it hard to believe but it happened. According to various sources they wanted burn here but she removed the three placed on her. Was told someone I know questioned her, will talk to him tomorrow to get d real just.
Happened broad daylight and close to a police point and by a major road.

Hmm sure are a good number of sub-humans in the house today.

4 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Mc4larin: 7:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:

Irrational and superstitious minds like yours will GUARANTEE that Africa will remain at least 100 years behind the industrialized world, in terms of development.

Sadly, brain-dead humanoids of your type constitute a huge MAJORITY in much of Africa, Nigeria inclusive, so there really is NO hope that the continent will emerge into the light for at least another generation.

Must u dispay ur foolish to the whole world too see?
Nitwit

3 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by PapiWata: 7:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Mc4larin:

Must u dispay ur foolish to the whole world too see?
Nitwit

If you are not a monkey, then the words above should not offend you.

2 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 10, 2014
SeaGold:
Dis women operate our airspace with their 'witch' craft yet the government keeps blind eye on this?

In advance country, they'd be shot down with anti-aircraft missiles for operating illegally but here the clueless government is brain-dead on its military intelligence and tactical engagements.

Spy drones with latest detective radar capability should be deployed in our airspace to monitor the unlicensed operations of witchcraft... Nigeria is losing lotta revenue from their activities.

How do we quantify it economically where Dangote pays a lot of taxes and revenue for his private jets to government and someone, somewhere jets off to wherever he/ she wants without the corresponding taxation.

hope this is a sarcastic statement? or you don dey mad?
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 7:43pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:

Another brain-dead African savage exposing its utter absence of measurable intellect. Thanks to teeming millions of bush-bred natives encumbered with feeble minds like the one in evidence from the quote above, Africa is DOOMED to remain the DARK continent, until hell freezes over.

So, Mr. Chronic, how many women and children have you helped burn alive ? Be honest now, you "God-fearing" murderer.

you re very stupi.d, why don't you go sign a petition to nuke africa?
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by PapiWata: 7:47pm On Oct 10, 2014
donnypool:

you re very stupi.d, why don't you go sign a petition to nuke africa?

Sometimes I wonder if that wouldn't be such a bad idea, given the profound backwardness endemic in many African cultures, and of course the spontaneous cold-blooded homicidal aggression to which vast numbers of seemingly normal people who reside in Africa appear to be culturally, or perhaps even genetically predisposed.

2 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 7:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:

Sometimes I wonder if that wouldn't be such a bad idea, given the profound backwardness endemic in many African cultures, and of course the spontaneous cold-blooded homicidal aggression to which vast numbers of seemingly normal people who reside in Africa appear to be culturally, or perhaps even genetically predisposed.

http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1979/2/79.02.04.x.html

open that link, read and educate yourself. because you are a fool

1 Like

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by PapiWata: 7:55pm On Oct 10, 2014
donnypool:

http://www.yale.edu/ynhti/curriculum/units/1979/2/79.02.04.x.html

open that link, read and educate yourself. because you are a fool

Thank you for your effort on my behalf, Big Don, but as a rule I NEVER open links from questionable sources, like yours for example.

Perhaps you can summarize your thoughts without handing me homework.

3 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by vascey(m): 8:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
Oh I condemn witchcraft if that is what this is.

Yet, remember that according to the laws of our nation, she is free to associate with whomever she pleases.

Being a witch according to our laws is same as the big men who join occult societies. Do we burn and harass those occult men and women?

Okay, I know I'm beginning to sound like a witch. I assure you I am a child of God.

My point, though, is that she is also a child of God. Furthermore, she is a child of the government and should not be harmed because a criminal or civil case cannot be made against her. Yes, she is a witch and has probably harmed a few in her time. Unfortunately, there is no incriminating evidence at the site of her mishap with which we can nail her dirtyass.

My suggestion- government agencies should take over.

It is unfortunate we have no institutions that handle this kind of thing. I wish she could be rehabilitated, turned from her evil ways and submit to the power of Christ Jesus.

Remember! As far as the law is concerned, she is innocent until proven guilty. And to prove her guilty, 2 conditions must be met: 1. She has committed a crime punishable by law 2. Conclusive tenable evidence is presented to a court of appropriate jurisdiction and the court finds her guilty. Unfortunately, her being a with is not even recognized as a crime according to our constitution.

Finally, being objective and impartial is not easy because we are emotional beings and bound to act in emotion. But the law is there as a guidance for all to follow. If the law says you have freedom of religion, then everyone has the freedom to choose whom to serve, the one true God or the devil. As children of light, our purpose is to show them the way of the light by being light of the earth.

Chai, in one post I have exceeded my #soundingsanctimonious quota for the year.

All izz well!

3 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 8:02pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:

Thank you for your effort on my behalf, Big Don, but as a rule I NEVER open links from questionable sources, like yours for example.

Perhaps you can summarize your thoughts without handing me homework.

this is a school article by Robert A. Gibson.

tittle: The Negro Holocaust: Lynching and Race Riots in the United States,1880-1950

because it seems, you only associate crime with africans. at least you can read how the progress of africans were a problem
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by dont8(m): 8:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
Bless you brother, Nigerians are loosing there human empathy everyday and this should be a thing of concern for all that still hold the right to life in high esteem.
PapiWata:

3 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by PapiWata: 8:07pm On Oct 10, 2014
donnypool:

this is a school article by Robert A. Gibson.

tittle: The Negro Holocaust: Lynching and Race Riots in the United States,1880-1950

because it seems, you only associate crime with africans. at least you can read how the progress of africans were a problem

On a serious note Don, I would never voice support for any form of human killing, but I could not resist responding as I did when you brought up the topic of nuking Africa.

2 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 8:13pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:

On a serious note Don, I would never voice support for any form of human killing, but I could not resist responding as I did when you brought up the topic of nuking Africa.

You are damn used to insulting africa.

Ebola issue with duncan, you insulted the entire black race

Now witch craft issue, you insulting the entire africa!

If africa has done so much harm to you, why not stop talking about her and move on. if you are disgusted in representing Africa, then start representing europe.

1 Like

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by PapiWata: 8:17pm On Oct 10, 2014
donnypool:

You are damn used to insulting africa.

Ebola issue with duncan, you insulted the entire black race

Now witch craft issue, you insulting the entire africa!

If africa has done so much arm to you, why not stop talking about her and move on. if you are disgusted in representing Africa, then start representing europe.

Apologies for my angry words, Big Don. We all get those days, but I did mean every word I wrote, at the time I wrote them.

3 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by ninovandross(m): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
To believe or not too believe, seriously the choice is urs if u blv in witchcraft or not, as for me sha e don tey wey winch dey naija na our citizens dem be, buh I dnt knw abt dis pic cos I aint there, but wait oh e don tey wey lagosians stop to dey burn thief I dey suspct oh #just my view sha
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by asala1: 8:30pm On Oct 10, 2014
RockMaxi:

I neglected this post the first time I saw the topic but carefully looking at the pictures I'm like "seriously" ?

The high tension really charred the woman. This is serious. shocked

which kin high tension, for that naija wey lite no dey? Abegi

2 Likes

Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 8:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
The poor lady was just avoiding lagos Traffic.
You Know hw traffic is in lasgidi
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Acidosis(m): 8:42pm On Oct 10, 2014
The photos look real afterall
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 10, 2014
PapiWata:

Apologies for my angry words, Big Don. We all get those days, but I did mean every word I wrote, at the time I wrote them.

i totally understood, sometimes we just need to look beyond today and dig deep into history.

Have you ever asked yourself how a poor country like somalia without any gun manufacturing company and crashed economy are able to get weapons? Africa is in bondage and the west is behind it.
Re: OMG: Bird Turn To Human At Oshodi by PapiWata: 8:59pm On Oct 10, 2014
donnypool:

i totally understood, sometimes we just need to look beyond today and dig deep into history.

Have you ever asked yourself how a poor country like somalia without any gun manufacturing company and crashed economy are able to get weapons? Africa is in bondage and the west is behind it.

There is a lot of truth to your observation about international arms dealers. Africa is their feeding ground. An AK47 assault rifle sells for just $20 in the Congo, thanks to almost continuous wars there for the past 40 years, all fueled by greed for natural resources both within and outside of Africa.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

PDP Appoints Ex-Senate President, Adolphus Wabara As BoT Chairman / Peter Obi & Datti Arrive In Niger State For LP Presidential Campaign Rally / Ambode, Oshiomhole, Tambuwal, Adeosun At NEC Meeting Today - Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 80
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.