Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,984 members, 7,799,362 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 07:40 PM

Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use (2253 Views)

Top Must Have Wordpress Plugins. / Over 100 Wordpress Plugins and 600 Themes for FREE! / Useful Wordpress Conditional Statements For Webmasters (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Xphantom(m): 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2014
I'm that type that doesn't really fancy heavy & yet not so useful plugins, I revel in exquisite simplicity, that some some wordpress plugins have showed. I'm not a pro wordpress user so if you know better plugins, feel free to drop their name via the comment form below.

I won't be posting the links to the plugins for download, rather I'll just post their names & a summary of each one' use, so if you desire them, you log into your admin panel-click plugins-add new-search the plugin name-install&activate-modify settings&enjoy its service.

1. Plugin Name: Advanced Comment Form
Plugin use: This is a simple light-weight plugin than simply put, helps you choose the fields you'd like to show in comment form from the default wordpress comment form. And oh last time I checked, I think it includes capability of creating new comment fields for you.

2. Plugin Name: Mobile press
Plugin use: Helps optimize your wordpress blog for easy access through mobile gadgets, this if I should say is a must plugin, without it, your site won't load fast on mobile, would consume more than necessary surf credit, and oh, won't really look good as mobile press would have made it.

3. Share Buttons, I'd recommend;
Plugin Name : Share Buttons By AddToAny
Plugin use: With this plugin you can grow your site' traffic, by making sharing of your articles on social medias available to use. Simply install&activate this plugin & modify to your like, it gets the job done easily. I'm not affiliated with AddToAny.

4. Want a forum on your blog? Then you need;
Plugin Name: bbPress
Plugin use: Having a forum on your blog is pretty cool, it enhaces interaction, dig it Then you need to go install bbPress now.

5. Plugin Name: Basic user Avatars
Plugin use: You using mobilepress? discovered about author in your post has an empty avatar? All you need is an upload avatar field in your edit profile form, install&activate this plugin&the ish is nulled.

Well there goes five useful, simple, basic wordpress plugins. Enjoy.

This post is originally written by me, need to copy&paste it on your site? please put a link back to http://greenboard.ml. Thank you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by fleps(m): 7:01pm On Oct 10, 2014
I must commend you Xphantom. I love this write up. I hope to write mine too sometime.
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Nobody: 7:34pm On Oct 10, 2014
Has anyone heard of Pay with a tweet ?
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by fleps(m): 12:38am On Oct 11, 2014
Brandnew2:

What is it all about?
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by ogunnubio(m): 7:33am On Oct 11, 2014
nice post. kindly send me dse plugins to my email nd oda ones to darexkey2010@gmail.com
Also, i nid full premium biz themes
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by deloon(m): 9:14am On Oct 11, 2014
ogunnubio:
nice post. kindly send me dse plugins to my email nd oda ones to darexkey2010@gmail.com
undecided
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by fleps(m): 9:18am On Oct 11, 2014
ogunnubio:

You can get full biz themes for free! Just read THIS ARTICLE and know how.
They have good themes like Saladmag, Smartmag and Newspaper themes. Or you could simply google Best Business Themes, see the list, copy the name and follow the steps in the article above.
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Xphantom(m): 10:29am On Oct 11, 2014
fleps:
I must commend you Xphantom. I love this write up. I hope to write mine too sometime.
Thank you.
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Xphantom(m): 10:32am On Oct 11, 2014
Brandnew2:

See http://www.paywithatweet.com for desired knowledge about that.
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Xphantom(m): 10:41am On Oct 11, 2014
ogunnubio:
Fleps' reply should help.
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by ogunnubio(m): 1:43pm On Oct 11, 2014
Xphantom:

Fleps' reply should help.
av read d article long tym ago, most of d themes dia r nt fully free. kindly send me d plugins n themes to my mail.
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Nobody: 12:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xphantom:
I'm that type that doesn't really fancy heavy & yet not so useful plugins, I revel in exquisite simplicity, that some some wordpress plugins have showed. I'm not a pro wordpress user so if you know better plugins, feel free to drop their name via the comment form below.

I won't be posting the links to the plugins for download, rather I'll just post their names & a summary of each one' use, so if you desire them, you log into your admin panel-click plugins-add new-search the plugin name-install&activate-modify settings&enjoy its service.

Plugin use: This is a simple light-weight plugin than simply put, helps you choose the fields you'd like to show in comment form from the default wordpress comment form. And oh last time I checked, I think it includes capability of creating new comment fields for you.

2. Plugin Name: Mobile press
Plugin use: Helps optimize your wordpress blog for easy access through mobile gadgets, this if I should say is a must plugin, without it, your site won't load fast on mobile, would consume more than necessary surf credit, and oh, won't really look good as mobile press would have made it.

Plugin use: With this plugin you can grow your site' traffic, by making sharing of your articles on social medias available to use. Simply install&activate this plugin & modify to your like, it gets the job done easily. I'm not affiliated with AddToAny.

Plugin use: Having a forum on your blog is pretty cool, it enhaces interaction, dig it Then you need to go install bbPress now.

Plugin use: You using mobilepress? discovered about author in your post has an empty avatar? All you need is an upload avatar field in your edit profile form, install&activate this plugin&the ish is nulled.

This post is originally written by me, need to copy&paste it on your site? please put a link back to http://greenboard.ml. Thank you.

Please how do I create a website like yours.. Pls drop d tutorials..
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by sunnedee: 1:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xphantom:
2. Plugin Name: [b]Mobile press
Plugin use: Helps optimize your wordpress blog for easy access through mobile gadgets, this if I should say is a must plugin, without it, your site won't load fast on mobile, would consume more than necessary surf credit, and oh, won't really look good as mobile press would have made it.[/b]

as for mobile press.. use a responsive theme and you have one less plugin.

You also failed to mention SEO plugins (Yoast SEO or all in one SEO). Just my two cents
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Xphantom(m): 2:07pm On Oct 13, 2014
sunnedee:

as for mobile press.. use a responsive theme and you have one less plugin.

You also failed to mention SEO plugins (Yoast SEO or all in one SEO). Just my two cents

Yes, Yoast seo plugin is Good, I use it. Thanks for adding.

With Yoast, you can add Keywords to each posts you make, and many more option for good search engine optimization option of the whole site and each post as well.

And oh, mobilepress is responsive, shows only to mobile users. Visit my website via pc & you'll see a different layout, theme interface will take toll & it's responsive even on mobile, just that mobilepress deals with data optimization better.

You can see a screenshot of my pc view via www.netrenderer.com
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by sunnedee: 2:21pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xphantom:

Yes, Yoast seo plugin is Good, I use it. Thanks for adding.

With Yoast, you can add Keywords to each posts you make, and many more option for good search engine optimization option of the whole site and each post as well.

And oh, mobilepress is responsive, shows only to mobile users. Visit my website via pc & you'll see a different layout, theme interface will take toll & it's responsive even on mobile, just that mobilepress deals with data optimization better.

You can see a screenshot of my pc view via www.netrenderer.com

If you use a responsive theme, then you have a different layout that is adapted to mobile gadgets without the use of a plugin.
Again, it seems like mobile press doesn't work for opera mini. No?
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Xphantom(m): 2:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
sunnedee:

If you use a responsive theme, then you have a different layout that is adapted to mobile gadgets without the use of a plugin.
Again, it seems like mobile press doesn't work for opera mini. No?

It works, and oh, I just prefer mobilepress to my interface or 2014' theme responsiveness.
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by sunnedee: 2:43pm On Oct 13, 2014
Xphantom:

It works, and oh, I just prefer mobilepress to my interface or 2014' theme responsiveness.
Yeah.. Though I haven't used 2014 theme... The responsiveness should be okay
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Xphantom(m): 2:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
ogunnubio:

Why not try http://premiumbizthemes.com/ ? , you requested for premium biz themes, you know those offering it would ask for payment, right That's why it's 'premium. Although, if you want free premium biz themes, google 'nulled wordpress premium biz themes' .
Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Xphantom(m): 2:53pm On Oct 13, 2014
khenykhey:

Please how do I create a website like yours.. Pls drop d tutorials..

http://www.greenboard.ml/forums/forum/webmastersprogrammersi-t-resources/php-scriptstutorials/

1 Like

Re: Some Useful Wordpress Plugins I Use by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
Xphantom:

http://www.greenboard.ml/forums/forum/webmastersprogrammersi-t-resources/php-scriptstutorials/

thanks so much.. It really helped me create my own WordPress blog.. http://www.gisdaily.fulba.com

And pls I need tutorial on how to create a . ml domain

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Design A Dynamic Web Site Similar To Nairaland Just For Free / This Is The Most Searched "How Tos" On Google By Nigerians / Drop Your Website URL For A FREE Website Review And SEO Audit

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.