Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,210 members, 7,807,716 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 05:56 PM

Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL - Fashion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL (46015 Views)

A Public Service Announcement To Nigerian Women Who Bleach Their Skin. / Nigerian Women Lead In Skin Bleaching – WHO / But Why Do Black Women Wear Belt On There Stomach? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 11, 2014
That one no consine me
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 11, 2014
Hmmmmm!! Nawa ooo!! And girls are buying goat hair in d name of human hair, doing shakala with goat hair. It sounds funny.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by gen2briz(m): 3:10am On Oct 11, 2014
Wey titi, make she come read this.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by bist: 3:11am On Oct 11, 2014
[size=28pt]an when did goats start growing long hair to be used as hair extensions?[/size]

5 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by nikkyshyne(f): 3:12am On Oct 11, 2014
You mean all the hair I order from Ali express are goat hair?? shocked

I don die!

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by 19naia(m): 3:26am On Oct 11, 2014
Just do your hair up fine and go to the party and enter the sweet music, sing along and lose yourself because only feeling good inside matters.. Looking like goat on the outside concerns only fake people..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by itstpia1: 3:43am On Oct 11, 2014
I've been suspecting a lot of the hair called brazilian is actually chinese or indian.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by itstpia1: 3:45am On Oct 11, 2014
bist:
an when did goats start growing long hair to be used as hair extensions?

Foreign goats have very long hair.

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by gunuvi(m): 4:14am On Oct 11, 2014
when we have coconut oils that can make your hair long and beautiful naturally and even cheap o wonder why some of our women go for someone else hair that makes them unafrican. shm.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by nickz(m): 4:29am On Oct 11, 2014
why can't all these naija girls cut their hair

amber rose and chidimma both still look gorgeous

they just carry one extension for head and start scratching it inside bus like mad people

let all the hitting/scratching of the scalp stop
how do you expect yourself to have common sense when the number of times you hit your hair out of itches has damaged some brain cells

no wonder they call women fish brain

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by bunmioguns(m): 4:56am On Oct 11, 2014
this one is strong

eleyi gidi gan

check my signature
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by Omimah: 5:28am On Oct 11, 2014
So most of these girls have been investing in goat skin thinking it is Brazilian hair? I just don't why I feel joy inside of me when I see girls in their natural hair.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by M4gunners: 5:30am On Oct 11, 2014
Is not new they have been using it for long. Not really goat,but sheep's. I know it because i have a friend his Father is a farmer at times when I visit him, i do help him to scrap some of the Sheep. When i ask why are they packaging it in bags,he said people are coming to buy it to produce humans hair.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by timilehing(m): 5:42am On Oct 11, 2014
mspee:

Hehehe... cheesy no wonder some of them us behave like goats lipsrsealed cheesy
Fixed

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by Nobody: 5:45am On Oct 11, 2014
mspee:

Hehehe... cheesy no wonder some of them behave like goats lipsrsealed cheesy

.......and some really look like goats. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by Nobody: 5:46am On Oct 11, 2014
sweettease:
grin grin grin goat hair hehehehhehhe... And some people will think they are lucky when they get them cheap grin

all of you screaming go with your natural hair, blah blah blah.... I bet you won't be able to maintain natural hair if you were to be a lady. See you criticising when you have no idea what it's like.
Shave it off or go low then , we guys can't even tell the difference between your real hair and goat , sorry Brazilian hair , and it makes no difference to us
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by yomanovic: 6:01am On Oct 11, 2014
kittykat1:
The salons that hope you can't tell goats and humans apart
By Sam Piranty

BBC News

In China, hair extensions, wigs and weaves are big business. Buyers in hair salons and shopping malls are often told they are getting real human hair - but when you look closely, sometimes things are not as they seem.

In a tiny village in Hunan province, central China a man dressed in a white vest and shorts rides around the dusty streets on a rusty bicycle, shouting and ringing his bell.

I stop him and ask what he's up to. "I'm collecting hair," he says. "When I ring my bell women come out and I cut their hair. I make hair extensions."

I ask him how much he pays women for their hair. "I offer them a good price, but I need to make a profit," he says with a smile.

The streets of the village are covered in hair drying beneath the scorching sun. Some of the hair is definitely human hair, yet the number of shaven goats wandering the streets suggests otherwise.

After collecting the hair, he takes it to a small factory where ten women weave it together into hair extensions.

Looking on, I can see that some of the hair being woven together is human and some of it definitely is not. He then sells it to larger factories where it is treated with chemicals before being sold to shops around the country.

I left Hunan wanting to see where the hair went next. So I visited the megacity of Guangzhou. The city - formerly known as Canton - has always been one of China's most important trading hubs and wealthiest cities.

Massive hotels and office blocks dominate the skyline close to the vast and murky brown Pearl River. The tops of the skyscrapers are hidden amid the thick palpable pollution.

Beneath the smog is where I met Lily. She owns a shop selling wigs and hair extensions in Guangzhou's enormous beauty exchange centre in an area known as Sanyuanli.

Here you can buy anything from nail polish and night cream to foot spas and foundation. The lower floor of the market however is dedicated to hair - terrifying mannequins sport wigs and weaves of every colour the rainbow has to offer.

Lily sits on a stool in her shop, bunching the recently delivered hair together into fringes, curls and metre-long straight extensions.

The hair is held together with labels which supposedly tell us their country of origin. Here, apparently, one can buy hair from Peru, India and Brazil.

There are no Chinese customers here though - every buyer seems to be from Africa. Nigerians, Ghanaians, Congolese, South Africans, Angolans and Ugandans scour the impressive hall for the best-priced hair extensions available. They tell me they can triple their money when they get home.

Towards the end of a busy day I ask shop owner Lily how her business is doing. "It's ok, we used to sell to Europe and America, but now nearly 100% of my clients are in Africa," she says.

Lily shows me a list of the nationalities of the traders she sells to - of the 39 countries on the list, 37 are in Africa, reflecting the large African community in this city.

"It's good business for me, but the problem is we pay more for the hair now, as living and production costs in China are higher now."

Lily then describes, how in order to make her business profitable, she has to use fake scales when weighing out hair to customers and buy a mixture of human hair and synthetic or goat hair to lower costs.

"We say it is Indian hair or Brazilian hair, but in fact it is normally Chinese hair or even goat hair. They never realise. This is the only way we can keep things cheap," she says, adding that her customers always drive a hard bargain.

Before we can finish our conversation Marie from Uganda comes in, demanding: "I want Brazilian hair, only Brazilian, give me your best quality and best price."

The negotiation goes on for hours under the watchful eyes of the wig-wearing, angry-looking mannequins. As the sun sinks and the moon begins to rise over Guangzhou's polluted skyline, Marie leaves empty-handed.

I run after her as she leaves the shop to ask if she knows that some of the hair isn't human. "Of course I know. The Chinese think we're stupid. I come all the way from Uganda and they think I don't know hair," she says.

Marie pauses and then lets out a huge, hearty laugh before coming close to whisper in my ear: "I laugh a lot when I go home and I know that the beautiful women of Kampala have goats on their heads."

na

That Marie part's got my jaw cracking mehn! Sharp African woma. Some folks here are of the opinion that the goat hair stuff is not possible. I laugh in Japanese language. What is not possible on this earth of us? Besides, I think they got very hairy species of goat and factory machines are capable of streching further.
Men are lucky o.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by hensben(m): 6:02am On Oct 11, 2014
no wonder!!!
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by yomanovic: 6:05am On Oct 11, 2014
itstpia1:

Foreign goats have very long hair.

100 over 100 for you! And the Chinese facory machines will further stretch the hair.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by donfranklin(m): 6:12am On Oct 11, 2014
grin grin grin Goat hair kwa. So chinese people be like us mixing human hair with goat hair.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by yomanovic: 6:12am On Oct 11, 2014
nneh1:
To the best of my thinking, 90% of all these hair are not from real human beings rather thery are very processed and high quality refined hair. For eg if a hair is from a country it should look the same in all ramification both in texture and colour not some so curly and some straight,some darker some more twisted some straight etc.a nigerian hair in edo is the same as benue but all this stuffs they bring in as hair from a country dffer.

No talk so oo. White man self vary o. Indian man diiferent from chinese and the european and american white self con different from others too.
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by einsteino(m): 6:17am On Oct 11, 2014
Like we dont keep afros. as if is not the same ladies that will always scream we should cut off our afros. The number of guys who admire gals who keep natural hair are in the majority, you can take a census if you are in doubt. i mean all this wahala for human hair sef, we guys dont know the difference o! if you like buy it for 5million, it looks the same to us. what is worst is the way artificial hair feel , you know when a chick is lying in your arms and her hair touches you! eeeew

sweettease:
grin grin grin goat hair hehehehhehhe... And some people will think they are lucky when they get them cheap grin

all of you screaming go with your natural hair, blah blah blah.... I bet you won't be able to maintain natural hair if you were to be a lady. See you criticising when you have no idea what it's like.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by kristisking(m): 6:18am On Oct 11, 2014
I keep wondering what will drive a woman to go for all this artifial hair,nails and the rest.Why will a woman want to alter God's creation in the name of beauty?Is'nt God that created us in his own image?Somebody's hair,God forbid.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by Sunday17: 6:18am On Oct 11, 2014
All I like is a female with long hair. Maybe she's putting on goat or ram hair. Who cares. that's her problem coz its not on my head.

1 Like

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by SeverusSnape(m): 6:21am On Oct 11, 2014
I saw this news yesterday on BBC, I was like "hehehehehehehe ".All those patronizing it don't know they're wearing goats on their heads just like the Ugandan woman said,All because of inferiority complex. what does it profit an African lady After spending her hard earned money (or her boy friend's ) on hair only to be given a Goaty.

3 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by gbadexy(m): 6:22am On Oct 11, 2014
Much as I don't understand the crave for some strangers hair, the story sounds too fake.
Perhaps its a calculated attempt by the bbc source to discredit sales in china.
It was the same reporter that saw shaven goats that a shop owner too also confided in that she augments hair with goat hair and cheats with scale! Who does that and tells strangers!
Well na dem sabi.

4 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by GentleMimi: 6:23am On Oct 11, 2014
nickz:
why can't all these naija girls cut their hair

amber rose and chidimma both still look gorgeous

they just carry one extension for head and start scratching it inside bus like mad people

let all the hitting/scratching of the scalp stop
how do you expect yourself to have common sense when the number of times you hit your hair out of itches has damaged some brain cells

no wonder they call women fish brain
Charity begins at home. How many female peeps in ur home flaunt low cut? Even u wey dey talk go chase babe carrying hair extensions pass one wey get natural hair.
Men can fit confuse dia selves and form over- righteous ehnnnn. No wonder dem dey call dem romping he-goats.

@ Topic, ahdonbilivit. So u Waka enter person shop, she just divulge all dis info give u? Dis story no just settle at all.
My own opinion be sey, if u gats money, and wanna obtain expensive hair extension,Dat one na ya own. E no concern no niggur . Peeps, mbok mind ya bizznezz. Even if na rat hair dey her head, no be your money. Any man way go ask me to cut my hair, make thunder fire am.

10 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by wayne4loan: 6:24am On Oct 11, 2014
grin grin Spacegoat
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by merits(m): 6:24am On Oct 11, 2014
see it on my head

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by 19naia(m): 6:29am On Oct 11, 2014
If you think there is no goat with hair long enough to make extensions, then these pictures will help... I guess they can dye the goat hair to any color and treat it to improve its texture...

4 Likes

Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by MNDY(m): 6:29am On Oct 11, 2014
victorazy:
Impossible
Come! Una no dey sleep?
Una dey disturb our meeting!

Dies
Re: Most Nigerian Women Wear Goat Hair Thinking Its Expensive Human Hair LOL by Doubletee13(m): 6:31am On Oct 11, 2014
Women....No wonder some behave goatish even after a day at the salon smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Creative/funny Hairstyles(pictures) / Pregnant Woman Makeup Minutes Before Labour (Photos / What A Bride Ordered And What Was Delivered Few Days To Her Wedding (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.