Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,585 members, 7,809,116 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:51 PM

Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. - Health (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. (24614 Views)

Febrile Rash Illnesses Hits Lagos Community, 20 Killed So Far / Governor Ganduje Destroys Illegal Drugs And Expired Food Items. Photos / Ask Me Anything On Drugs And Supplements (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by teemy(m): 6:26pm On Oct 31, 2014
while believing in faith for success in exams we still study on, we apply toothpaste on toothbrush and soap on our bodies daily and these do not make our faith any lesser. we still need to 'do'. God solves our needs when he has made health provisions

2 Likes

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by masqot(m): 7:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
SuperMartins:
Exactly.. Am postn dis from my hospital bed nw..I didn't wana come but I almost lost my life yestrnyt..currently at ubth,I guess its appendicitis..

Get well soon

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by uboma(m): 7:39pm On Oct 31, 2014
@ op, you are so on point. I wonder why some people will deliberately refuse to seek medical attention and instead prefer divine intervention which may never come.

Heaven only helps those who help themselves...
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by kazmanbanjoko(m): 7:51pm On Oct 31, 2014
Omo bii ire, ko se fowo ra, erelu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by shaqhead: 7:56pm On Oct 31, 2014
OP Ur post makes so much sens especially d part where u syd people who dnt believe God for small things overnyt become Faith Practitioners just because someone said this or said that. Have heard of a Mrs Kunle too. D problem is informatn...too many uninformed and misinformed folks. I think the issue of Faith and Medicine complement rather than conflict each other because it takes Faith to take Medicine for it to work.
Hey OP dnt regret following u!

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Kay17: 8:53pm On Oct 31, 2014
shaqhead:
OP Ur post makes so much sens especially d part where u syd people who dnt believe God for small things overnyt become Faith Practitioners just because someone said this or said that. Have heard of a Mrs Kunle too. D problem is informatn...too many uninformed and misinformed folks. I think the issue of Faith and Medicine complement rather than conflict each other because it takes Faith to take Medicine for it to work.
Hey OP dnt regret following u!

If Jesus can heal with a touch why can't any other faithful Christian do so? Jesus never recommended a hospital bed for a Christian and for a Christian to be the son of God, wouldn't a benefit include healing.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Jaftee(m): 9:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
xcelsia:
I think everyone is entitled to their own opinion in this life, for some people, they have enough faith in divine healing which works for them. Different strokes for different folks, what works for Mr A can kill Mr B.

I combine prayers with medical help, some people don't believe in God and therefore don't believe in prayers. Regardless of what the case may be, I think people should be allowed to do whatever makes them happy.

If someone depends on divine healing only and sees it's not working, he/she should remember the part of the bible that says faith without works is dead. All you have to do is advice them and tell them the consequences of their refusal to seek medical help, if they refuse then you move on, life is too short.

Except the individual is a child in need of guidance, we need to let adults do whatever they want to do. If they only want to pray, seek only medical help or combine both, it's their business, life goes on.

We all have one life to live, focus on what makes you happy and please move on.
we share the same philosophy. I agree with someone for the first time 99 percent

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by opsynea2j(m): 9:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
Why not (as a christian) believe God can use a man's inteligence(drugs) to heal ur ailment/disease ?

Why use soaps, creams, body spray and toothpaste .... U shda beleived God for a fresh breathe in d 1st place

Faith works wonders ( heb 11 :1 ) , prayer does it all (luke 18:1),its obviously being fanatic to reject basic/advanced medical treatments ,its just like disobeying a society law and yet claim to be religious. Prayer and faith works when applied with God's standard (common sense inclusive). Nobody wan die but dem wan go heaven
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by shaqhead: 9:34pm On Oct 31, 2014
Kay17:

If Jesus can heal with a touch why can't any other faithful Christian do so? Jesus never recommended a hospital bed for a Christian and for a Christian to be the son of God, wouldn't a benefit include healing.
Lets be clear on one thing first before we can engage in a discourse: Are u saying that Chrisitians shouldnt take medications?
Yes Jesus Healed bt do u rmbr dt at a time d desciples couldnt heal a demon-possessd child not until after a "significant leap of faith" (which Jesus measured and syd it should b as smol as a mustard seed) after d pentecost. Dont also forget that Timothy was admonished to take some wine as medication for his stomach troubles. My brother I still hold onto my position until u convince me otherwise..Faith and Medicine are complementary not conflicting
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Kay17: 10:06pm On Oct 31, 2014
shaqhead:

Lets be clear on one thing first before we can engage in a discourse: Are u saying that Chrisitians shouldnt take medications?
Yes Jesus Healed bt do u rmbr dt at a time d desciples couldnt heal a demon-possessd child not until after a "significant leap of faith" (which Jesus measured and syd it should b as smol as a mustard seed) after d pentecost. Dont also forget that Timothy was admonished to take some wine as medication for his stomach troubles. My brother I still hold onto my position until u convince me otherwise..Faith and Medicine are complementary not conflicting

But the unbelievers rely on medicine too, and there wouldn't be a difference in Jesus' message if both the believer and the unbeliever sleep on the same hospital bed.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by shaqhead: 10:27pm On Oct 31, 2014
Kay17:

But the unbelievers rely on medicine too, and there wouldn't be a difference in Jesus' message if both the believer and the unbeliever sleep on the same hospital bed.
Bro U ddnt answr ma qstion. The issue of reliance on drugs is a personal non issue whether for a believer or not which there is nothing wrong in itself. Kay if uve got faith enough to live in divine health..praise God for ur life but dnt go equating takin medications with being an unbeliever. Faith has its place n lyk I syd it tks som level of faith for even d medicine to work.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by lekjons(m): 10:33pm On Oct 31, 2014
"heaven help those who help themselves"

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Kay17: 10:59pm On Oct 31, 2014
shaqhead:

shaqhead:

Bro U ddnt answr ma qstion. The issue of reliance on drugs is a personal non issue whether for a believer or not which there is nothing wrong in itself. Kay if uve got faith enough to live in divine health..praise God for ur life but dnt go equating takin medications with being an unbeliever. Faith has its place n lyk I syd it tks som level of faith for even d medicine to work.

What is the question?
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by shaqhead: 11:18pm On Oct 31, 2014
Kay17:

What is the question?
Are You of the opinion that christians shouldnt take medications?
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by bendeclerk: 11:45pm On Oct 31, 2014
This is hospital? Geez Nigeria. And its even called a teaching hospital?
SuperMartins:
Exactly.. Am postn dis from my hospital bed nw..I didn't wana come but I almost lost my life yestrnyt..currently at ubth,I guess its appendicitis..
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Kay17: 11:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
shaqhead:

Are You of the opinion that christians shouldnt take medications?

Yes as a demonstration of their faith.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Smooyis(m): 12:24am On Nov 01, 2014
Health workers cares or cures but God heals. Some sicknesses are natural and can be handled by the medical practitioners by applying the right drugs, while others are spiritual and can only be healed by God. No amount of efforts by man can get the later cured except through the supernatural power of God. Our problem is that we cannot differentiate which one is the case whenever we face any health challenge.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by shaqhead: 1:17am On Nov 01, 2014
Kay17:

Something tels me that no superior argument I myt propound wl make u change ur position. Let me jst ask u ds qstn evntho hv mentnd somwia in ma posts. What do U have to say abt d advice given to Timothy by Apostle Paul to take some wine as medication for his tummy troubles? Ur answer wl determine if I pretend I ddnt see ur riposte or we can keep at this discourse.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by shaqhead: 1:19am On Nov 01, 2014
Kay17:

Hmm are u sayin we now Judases for takin medication?
Something tels me that no superior argument I myt propound wl make u change ur position. Let me jst ask u ds qstn evntho hv mentnd it somwia in ma posts. What do U have to say abt d advice given to Timothy by Apostle Paul to take some wine as medication for his tummy troubles? Ur answer wl determine if I pretend I ddnt see ur riposte or we can keep at this discourse.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Kay17: 1:37am On Nov 01, 2014
shaqhead:

Hmm are u sayin we now Judases for takin medication?
Something tels me that no superior argument I myt propound wl make u change ur position. Let me jst ask u ds qstn evntho hv mentnd it somwia in ma posts. What do U have to say abt d advice given to Timothy by Apostle Paul to take some wine as medication for his tummy troubles? Ur answer wl determine if I pretend I ddnt see ur riposte or we can keep at this discourse.

But your God is the creator of the Universe, it wouldn't be difficult for him to heal you with a simple touch. Although I'm aware of Paul's advice to Timothy, yet the entire Gospels are filled with miracles. Jesus himself never recommended a doctor. And Christians ought to follow Jesus' footsteps.

If Christian faith cannot move the mountains it claims to move then it is not worth following.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Nobody: 5:06am On Nov 01, 2014
bendeclerk:
This is hospital? Geez Nigeria. And its even called a teaching hospital?
that's jxt d emergency ward..inside other wards re good enough
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Nobody: 5:08am On Nov 01, 2014
masqot:

Get well soon
gt back 2days after..they couldn't find anytin tho but the pains still there..still reactn to treatments tho and thanks
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Nobody: 5:09am On Nov 01, 2014
pDude:

Jisos! shocked

Is this a hospital or a prison? shocked
Lolz..days jxt d emergency ward joor..when d case is critical,u rushed try ere b4 u get to d main ward
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 01, 2014
sunnshyn:

I thank God you are alive Super Martin...stay positive...don't just guess its appendicitis, find out what the exact nature of the illness is, so you can get the right medication. The spirit of God be with you bro!! Cheers!!
thankx Sis..unfortunately ,it wasn't wat we thought it was but am back home and Better smiley thank you
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Nobody: 5:11am On Nov 01, 2014
Crispels:

Hope you have been discharged now?
yea bro..thanks

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by sundayokpro: 5:58am On Nov 01, 2014
The truth is Faith works when all oda options have been exhausted...eg Money, medication, ideas,friends,family or any other man made help...if U get headache instead of U to rest, or take paracetamol, U come deey fire prayers, d headache fit double sefffff...But when u cannot help ursef in any situation, dats when to call on d DIVINE GOD ℓ̊ .e in tyms of NEED.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Austin234(m): 6:59am On Nov 01, 2014
It is absurb while taking drug for ur ailment and still look up to God for a miracle or divine healing

1 Like

Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by boss1310(m): 2:16pm On Nov 01, 2014
boss1310:
anybody who refused medical treatment cos of faith now have another doctor to consult and those kind of doctors works in psychiatric hospitals
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by masqot(m): 7:51pm On Nov 01, 2014
SuperMartins:
gt back 2days after..they couldn't find anytin tho but the pains still there..still reactn to treatments tho and thanks
grt! check my profile for my BBM PIN and let me share my experience on similar ailment with you.
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Nobody: 7:55pm On Nov 01, 2014
masqot:

Bro,replied ur mail. And I didn't see ur bbm pin
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 01, 2014
VARICOSE VEINS: DISASTERS IN WAITING

The first thought that would have come into your mind had you seen her was "Oh what a tragic accident to happen to a pregnant woman!". Her left leg was wrapped in rags and plantain leaves all soaked in blood. She looked very weak and white. She was dying. But you will be dead wrong. This was no road traffic accident...

Continue at http://www.primerhealth.com.ng/2014/11/varicose-veins-disasters-in-waiting.html
Re: Appreciating The Place Of Drugs And Medical Procedures In Handling Of Illnesses. by expozey(f): 9:45am On Nov 02, 2014
It is simply called the arrogance of ignorance. Noone would have faith that a broken pipe would suddenly be sealed or a leaking roof fixed. Rather we would call the professional plumber or carpenter to come and handle their business.

It is then difficult to understand why people refuse to go to the relevant professionals who have the knowlegde and expertise when it comes to health matters.

True, ultimate healing comes from God but it is rather unwise to pre-empt the way He would go about His business. Do your best and leave the rest.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

China Detects First Human Case Of H3N8 Bird Flu / Expectant Mum Suffers Womb Rupture In Police Cell (photos) / 8-Year-Old Orphan Dies Of HIV In Borno IDP Camp (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.