Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,971 members, 7,803,219 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 11:40 AM

The Relevance Of Some Nigerian University Courses To The Nigerian Populace. C14 - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / The Relevance Of Some Nigerian University Courses To The Nigerian Populace. C14 (1359 Views)

Batch C14 Lagos / NYSC C14 Osun Corpers Holla / BATCH C14 OYO STATE THREAD (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Relevance Of Some Nigerian University Courses To The Nigerian Populace. C14 by ALAYORMII: 9:31pm On Oct 10, 2014
Summary of C14's Presentation

Good evening to all PROGRESSIVE INDIVIDUALS.

My name is C14. A graduate of psychology from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University. Am dominantly sanguine with a mixture of melancholy, these are the major temperament dat are overt.

Psychology is the study of behavior of EVERY LIVING SPECIE OR ORGANISMS

What is psychology all about. Psychology is the study of behavior n mental processes. Every individual is influenced by nature ( hereditary) and nurture ( environment). The behavior means your character, temperament, trait, personality and so on. The mental process is your cognition, thinking, perception, emotion, ideas etc. We have basic psychology and Applied psychology. Basic is all about the school of thoughts n so on. While Applied involves the application of psychological principles in to every phenomenon. There is a difference between psychology n sociology. They both study behavior from different perspectives.

Before I continue , I would like to say this... I will try not to use psychological terms in order to enhance effective communication

There is a difference between psychology n sociology.

In psychology we study individuals but in sociology they study people in group

We have social psychology that is different from sociology. In the sense that social psychology studies individual ideas, thoughts , thinking about a social situations

In applied psychology we have the following. Which are psychology in use. They are.

1. Educational psychology, 2 forensic psychology. 3 industrial psychology, health psychology, clinical psychology, school psychology, environmental psychology, the list will continue later

The topic am to enhance is PARENTING STYLE.

We have authoritarian , overly permissive, n authoritative parenting style.

Authoritarian parents are the parents are very harsh n there main thing is. DO THIS BCUZ I WANT IT. There children turn out to be withdrawn, emotional stiff n lacks confidence

Overly persmissive parents act like DO WAT EVER U LIKE. they don't really control their wards or correct their wrongs. There children turns out to be mischievous, bullish n they don't have future plans

U may be asking Y am lecturing on this. My reason is bcuz have come to realize that since nature n nurture influences who we are . Parenting style is part of the nurture. N it has destroyed lives of young individuals in our society in Nigeria.

Nigeria, or most parent practice Africa way of training children.

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. This statement was brought to this forum by INI admin of this group

And it got me thinking. Nigeria need psychologist in every way of life

By my presentation, I think I WANT to do a little.Taking the counselling psychologist for example. Which I would love to be to the house.

Counsellors, work are to help solve psychological problems, like the emotional which has affected most individuals without them realizeing it. Taking a young female adult, that has graduated but due to d kind of family background ,will rather want to marry.

The question is , is dis gal ready for marriage psychological, financial n otherwise. If u ARE coming into marriage for he wrong reasons. U WILL TELL STORIES. this is where psychologist are needed.

Why do u need psychologist.

Well to answer that , u all did take a standardized test to get here. U may not agree. But ur jamb n post jamb , n other exams are testing ur potentials which is APTITUDE TESTING

Ur waec, neco n ur exams in school are ACHIEVEMENT TEST. They test wat u have acquired on a particular topic or subjects. Now this is d work of EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY

The consequences of not having psychologist in Nigeria

For those of u dat go to pastors, imman n priest. I will like to inform u they are practicing christian/ bible psychology for the christians n quaran for the muslim.

But most people's abuse this privileges. As a counselor. They think bcuz u confided in them. They can come out n preach about it . No, they are not PROFESSIONALS.

Bottom line, u can't do without PSYCHOLOGISTS N THEIR PRINCIPLES

Summary of Presentation

My name is C14, graduated from unizik awka, studied history and international relations...

I am a public analyst, diplomat and a historian... Want to intimate you concerning Nigeria diplomatic relations

My topic: Nigeria civil war and its effect on Nigeria foreign relations.

Introduction: foreign policy can be seen as a projection of the country's national interest into transnational arena..it is simply the promotion of national interest to international affairs..

However, justification for this study centers on my desire to address the undermining of the domestic consideration of Nigeria foreign policy, it locates the Nigeria civil war and discus its implications on the Nigeria external relations especially from 1967-1975

Let me go straight to the point

On Nigeria's Russia foreign policy... One of the greatest lessons the civil war had for Nigeria was the futility of relying almost on its traditional friends and allies in the west, esp Britain and u.s

Nigeria was pro west in its foreign policy orientations, and it was this confidence dat made Nigeria to approach British for military assistance to persecute the civil war. Nigeria expectation and request was turned down. Nigeria learnt the first significant lesson that in foreign relations, there are no permanent friends or foes, only permanent interest.

In the face of this painful British disappointment, Nigeria's turn to America also proved unproductive...

Embattled at home and betrayed by her traditional friends in the west, Nigeria had to approach the Russians for military assistance, which Russia accepted and help Nigeria to persecute the war..meanwhile before DAT Nigeria was anti Russia, wit dis Nigeria turned full circle from its old anti Russia to become Moscow's number one partner on African continent...

Let me start wit d second area of interest,...it is Nigeria's Israel foreign policy.

During the civil war, Biafran propaganda was effective, this did marvelous job of painting Nigeria government in the worst colors..Nigeria was portrayed as conducting a genocidal campaign against d ibos...Biafra propaganda succeeded in diverting the Israeli public opinion in their favor.

Israel was sympathetic towards the Igbo and thus aid them in logistics and military support against Nigeria stance..

With this Nigeria changed their policy towards Israel and started its own propaganda towards Israel activities in middle east and famously move to influence other Africa countries against Israeli territorial aggrandizement

The study of international relations makes one to be abreast wit his history, present and predict d future..

Let me stop hia...gonna continue wit odas thereafter..

Consequently Nigeria brought home d idea of regional integration and famously gingerd d formation of ECOWAS

Wit d knowledge u can be go international, become diplomat and represent ur country oversea..

Significantly your knowledge can bring prestige, power and influence to ur country as it relates wit countrys of d world...and importantly aid ur country to maintain and implemented its national interests nd foreign policy.
Re: The Relevance Of Some Nigerian University Courses To The Nigerian Populace. C14 by henrinity(m): 9:40pm On Oct 10, 2014
Nice one.. I was here.. # progressive youth
Re: The Relevance Of Some Nigerian University Courses To The Nigerian Populace. C14 by pendusky(m): 10:06pm On Oct 10, 2014
okay
Re: The Relevance Of Some Nigerian University Courses To The Nigerian Populace. C14 by duruallwell25(m): 10:10pm On Oct 10, 2014
ALAYORMII:
Summary of Chiwanda's Presentation

Good evening to all PROGRESSIVE INDIVIDUALS.

My name is chiwanda. A graduate of psychology from the prestigious Obafemi Awolowo University. Am dominantly sanguine with a mixture of melancholy, these are the major temperament dat are overt.

Psychology is the study of behavior of EVERY LIVING SPECIE OR ORGANISMS

What is psychology all about. Psychology is the study of behavior n mental processes. Every individual is influenced by nature ( hereditary) and nurture ( environment). The behavior means your character, temperament, trait, personality and so on. The mental process is your cognition, thinking, perception, emotion, ideas etc. We have basic psychology and Applied psychology. Basic is all about the school of thoughts n so on. While Applied involves the application of psychological principles in to every phenomenon. There is a difference between psychology n sociology. They both study behavior from different perspectives.

Before I continue , I would like to say this... I will try not to use psychological terms in order to enhance effective communication

There is a difference between psychology n sociology.

In psychology we study individuals but in sociology they study people in group

We have social psychology that is different from sociology. In the sense that social psychology studies individual ideas, thoughts , thinking about a social situations

In applied psychology we have the following. Which are psychology in use. They are.

1. Educational psychology, 2 forensic psychology. 3 industrial psychology, health psychology, clinical psychology, school psychology, environmental psychology, the list will continue later

The topic am to enhance is PARENTING STYLE.

We have authoritarian , overly permissive, n authoritative parenting style.

Authoritarian parents are the parents are very harsh n there main thing is. DO THIS BCUZ I WANT IT. There children turn out to be withdrawn, emotional stiff n lacks confidence

Overly persmissive parents act like DO WAT EVER U LIKE. they don't really control their wards or correct their wrongs. There children turns out to be mischievous, bullish n they don't have future plans

U may be asking Y am lecturing on this. My reason is bcuz have come to realize that since nature n nurture influences who we are . Parenting style is part of the nurture. N it has destroyed lives of young individuals in our society in Nigeria.

Nigeria, or most parent practice Africa way of training children.

The world will not be destroyed by those who do evil, but by those who watch them without doing anything. This statement was brought to this forum by INI admin of this group

And it got me thinking. Nigeria need psychologist in every way of life

By my presentation, I think I WANT to do a little.Taking the counselling psychologist for example. Which I would love to be to the house.

Counsellors, work are to help solve psychological problems, like the emotional which has affected most individuals without them realizeing it. Taking a young female adult, that has graduated but due to d kind of family background ,will rather want to marry.

The question is , is dis gal ready for marriage psychological, financial n otherwise. If u ARE coming into marriage for he wrong reasons. U WILL TELL STORIES. this is where psychologist are needed.

Why do u need psychologist.

Well to answer that , u all did take a standardized test to get here. U may not agree. But ur jamb n post jamb , n other exams are testing ur potentials which is APTITUDE TESTING

Ur waec, neco n ur exams in school are ACHIEVEMENT TEST. They test wat u have acquired on a particular topic or subjects. Now this is d work of EDUCATIONAL PSYCHOLOGY

The consequences of not having psychologist in Nigeria

For those of u dat go to pastors, imman n priest. I will like to inform u they are practicing christian/ bible psychology for the christians n quaran for the muslim.

But most people's abuse this privileges. As a counselor. They think bcuz u confided in them. They can come out n preach about it . No, they are not PROFESSIONALS.

Bottom line, u can't do without PSYCHOLOGISTS N THEIR PRINCIPLES

brilliant piece
Re: The Relevance Of Some Nigerian University Courses To The Nigerian Populace. C14 by Ademat7(m): 10:58am On Oct 11, 2014
Am on board.

(1) (Reply)

Batch B Corp Member Builds An ICT Center In General Hospital Adikpo, Benue State / Important Information For Prospective Batch A Corpers Posted To Niger State. / NYSC Batch A 2016 Registration And Requirements

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.