Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,804 members, 7,802,567 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? - TV/Movies (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? (36983 Views)

76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? / Who Is The Best Nigerian Movie Actor/actress / Best Nigerian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Perfecter4real(m): 10:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
safarigirl:
I suppose so. You can search for them online. AfricaMagic showed Festival of Fire 2 years ago and the picture quality was surprisingly top notch given the year it was shot.

They also showed Full Moon that period
amma search for them online..just wish African magic wud show those movies again.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by moseph(f): 10:39pm On Oct 11, 2014
igodo,ijele,oracle,isakaba,king of the forest,state of emergency,staff of odo,etc
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Lolaabokoku(f): 10:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
9. Controversy: My all time favourite Onyeka Onwenu movie. The mad woman who was impregnated by a ritualist and has twin boys, Charles Okafor and one other guy I used to love, don't remember his name anymore. She went through heaven and hell for them only for the other dude to get married and abandon her. Funny enough the most memorable part of the movie had nothing to do with the main characters. Remember the chief priest who went mad after the fatal abortion and kept singing:

"Ugo, shave me, shave me o, shave me
Nne gi, shave me, shave me o, shave me" grin

That's all folks ! grin. Sorry for any errors[/quote] CONSPIRACY and not controversy, have seen the movie
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Isiterere(m): 11:00pm On Oct 11, 2014
MR and MRS
FORMIDABLE FORCE
AYONI MOFE
TI OLUWA NI ILE
GONE FOREVER (Hilda dokubo)
OLE KU
IYAWO ALHAJI
AMI ORUN
OMO TARA JOHNSON

ALL IZZ WELL
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by iamkingzlee(m): 11:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
ggrin:
Isakaba cool
Afonja cool
Karishika cheesy
State of emergency (saint obi) grin
High ways/wave to the grave,and
Atrocity cry
lool.. I used to love that state of emergency mehn(naija's 24 version)
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by econome(m): 11:19pm On Oct 11, 2014
CityNG:

Anything that has Odunlade in it.

I swear that Guy is ready for Hollywood. He needs to get together with an agent here and shop for a movie role.
You mean with that him Abeokuta Accent??
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by iamkingzlee(m): 11:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
There used to be one... Its bout FBI ish.. Thier uniform(the FBI'S) was red in colour and inner white. Any idea of d name of thT naija movie?? Cos dat movie made mi act hilarious scenes and got our new sidestool broken cos i was tryn to be one Yeye naija james bond. Smh..:>
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by emmyojo22(m): 11:40pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ukwa
The rich also cry
Tears in heaven
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Nobody: 11:57pm On Oct 11, 2014
econome:

You mean with that him Abeokuta Accent??

Especially with that Abeokuta accent.

He'll make a killing acting African warlords, African Scientist, etc
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Osode: 1:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Unquestionably...
IZAGA...

A Highly Explosive (well acted and suprisingly also well filmed) Nigerian movie about the supernatural.
With the 'Inimitable' Lizz Benson as that character, slowly and painfuly narrating that long and Haunting tale of all her Reincarnations...
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by 9jageek: 1:29am On Oct 12, 2014
For now it is "ANTIQUE" it is awesome from the screening.

Yeah, good to be an insider wink watch a flick here http://9flix.com/watch/1066

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by wiringdpt(m): 5:54am On Oct 12, 2014
Is that the south african movie?
acenazt:
My Best Is New Jerusalem.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Ormorlehwah(f): 6:30am On Oct 12, 2014
naughtylagosguy:
Oleku
Thunderbolt (Magun)
Koto Aye
Owo Blow Part 1, 2, and 3
Sarowo ide
Iru Eshin

Those were classic Yoruba movies. Not now that we have trashy movies being released every week except for some few.
Gone A̶̲̥̅̊rε̲̣̣̣̥ those days. Those movies were interesting but scary.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by thankgodegbedi(m): 7:02am On Oct 12, 2014
Ormorlehwah:
yes that is truth u even sleep at night
Ormorlehwah:
yes that is truth u even sleep at night
Ormorlehwah:
yes that is truth u can't even sleep at night
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Missmossy(f): 7:08am On Oct 12, 2014
kolomax:
Mr and mrs
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Missmossy(f): 7:08am On Oct 12, 2014
kolomax:
Mr and mrs
Same here!

I haven't seen another like it cool

2 Likes

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by ajf(m): 7:25am On Oct 12, 2014
Immortal, Shaworo ide, maagun, madam dearest, Diamond ring. And this Saheed Balogun three cast movie featuring Joke Silva. Can't remember the title.....
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Babe2sure(f): 7:35am On Oct 12, 2014
princebergz:

fallacy of hasty generalization...

Abi o. Different stroke for different folks. Why would phone swap be the best Nigerian movie. It was over-rated. Not a box office movie to me.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Kimmo(f): 7:36am On Oct 12, 2014
This would actually take a while ooh . . I'm an unapologetic Nollywood fan. Unfortunately, at least half the movies these days are nowhere near the old ones I saw, growing up.
In the order that I remember them;

1. Ole ---- Peju Ogunmola's son (Femi Adebayo) was to marry in a few days or so, but had to take a short trip, gave some people a lift on his way back, and ended up being framed for robbery, hung to death. What really struck me about this movie was Peju Ogunmola's lamentation scene. It was - no other word for it - powerful.

2. Gone Forever ---- Hilda Dokubo was childless in it. Great scene too, where she more or less "harassed" God into granting her fertility.

3. All Mainframe movies, except Arugba and Narrow Path. Those, are true classics.

4. Ti Oluwa nile ---- Baba Wande was nothing short of genius in this movie.

5. Were Alaso ---- I was really impressed by the story, but the main character didn't do it justice.

6. I enjoy a lot of the comedies these days, especially the ones with Ronke Ojo being a village woman, and Sanyeri, the ones about street touts too are good.

7. All those old epics ---- Freedom

8. The Prostitute. Omotola was brilliant in that movie.

9. Mortal Inheritance, Rituals, The World is mine etc

10. Issakaba ---- I loved that Sam Dede ehnn

Diamond Ring, more recently - Wahala Kunle. Veeery nice!
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by mamziii(f): 8:24am On Oct 12, 2014
nnekamezor:
Oh yeah, so Teju baby face equally starred in dat movie too....hmmm datz serious. I didnt know he once acted sef
teju baby was RMDs son,was among d robbers dat stole Liz Bensons diamong ring
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 12, 2014
mamziii:
teju baby was RMDs son,was among d robbers dat stole Liz Bensons diamong ring
yeah, i hv seen d movie oo way bk tho..Anyway i didnt know Teju baby face den. Jst knew abt him som yrs ago..i guess datz y i was surprised wen u said he starred in d movie
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by ALISMILE(m): 9:43am On Oct 12, 2014
Please somebdy help me wit d title of this movie- in which Pete Edoche was the chief priest in a village. The king died and there was serious tussle over who would be d new king!One of d aspirants, rich and wealthy, tried to intimidate Pete Edoche! Thanks!
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Babe2sure(f): 10:50am On Oct 12, 2014
My best Nigerian movies are many o.

Deepest of dreams: How come nobody mentioned this movie? It was absolutely interesting and touching. I was moved to tears. Omotola was disfigured in that movie through accident and her sister Tonto Dike hated her for it. She doesn't want to be identified with her.

Against the world: Where Sandra Achums re-incarnated and unleashed hell on the world. Sandra Achums pulled it off in that movie.

Hatred:Where Sandra Achums hated her Grandma(I think it was played by Patience Ozokwor)

Conspiracy: @Safarigirl, that is the name and the other twin was Obi Madubuogu. (You and I will live as one). cheesy

Alapadupe: it was da bomb! It will help you understand a little of how God does his things. A must watch movie, it is.

A cry for help: I bawled while watching it. I couldn't help it, not with Nkiru sylvanus's sufferness.

Beloved: families of Genevieve and Emeka ike are opposed to their marrying each other. And it led to series of tragedies in both families

Modupe Temi: Said Balogun and Doris simeon acting was terrific in that movie.

Jejeloye: Very interesting and comical. Toyin Aimaku nailed it in that movie.

Others are:
Ti oluwa nile
Ijakumo meffa
Koto aye
Oba alasiri
Diamond ring
Mr and Mrs
Private storm
Igodo
Iru esin
Temple of justice
Power of justice

1 Like

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by stan241(m): 10:57am On Oct 12, 2014
iamkingzlee:
There used to be one... Its bout FBI ish.. Thier uniform(the FBI'S) was red in colour and inner white. Any idea of d name of thT naija movie?? Cos dat movie made mi act hilarious scenes and got our new sidestool broken cos i was tryn to be one Yeye naija james bond. Smh..:>
War front...classic naija action film
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by iamkingzlee(m): 11:43am On Oct 12, 2014
stan241:
War front...classic naija action film
lool... Confam! Orié wà mbe!
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by lukuluku101(m): 1:24pm On Oct 12, 2014
Keeping faith
Another Campus tale
Thunderbolt
Diamond ring
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Em5(m): 1:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nollywood is BRAIN DRAINING and can cause RETARDATION...last thing that crosses my mind even in my most boring day. It's a joke!
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Taaheey(m): 1:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
My eternal favourite Nollywood Movie is 'Amina 1 & 2' ... Pete Edochie acted as an Emir of Rano back in 1914 and Olu Jacobs, an Igbo Igwe. With its rich display of culture, i simply can't get tired of it....recently downloaded them both from youtube. A must watch!!!
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Em5(m): 1:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nollywood is BRAIN DRAINING and can cause RETARDATION...last thing that crosses my mind any boring day. It's a joke!
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Christmasdon(m): 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
My best movie for now is ''Wonders shall never end" for now! sorry for saying for now thrice.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Dolcilicious(f): 2:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lagidigba
saworo ide
ewon laafin
sule igbira

imma update more soon
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by ashtun01: 2:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
For me "MR & MRS" is my best Nollywood film, there are quite a few other blockbusters tho; {OMOTARA JOHNSON, State of Emegency, Tango with me} To mention a few. You are free to Add anyother one You like.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

TSTV Tracking Frequency / Top 10 Sexiest Male Television Personalities In Nigeria(photos) / Drop A Famous Line From A Popular Movie & Someone Will Guess The Movie Name!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.