Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,587 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:40 PM

What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? - TV/Movies (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? (36989 Views)

76' Movie - Trailer + (Is This The Best Nigerian Film Yet)? / Who Is The Best Nigerian Movie Actor/actress / Best Nigerian Movies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by abbakacici: 6:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
claireshan:
Are u really sure u have watched that film before?
the husband and wife (with dog) acting was so bad with their fake ascent over acting etc even the white/yellow actor married to the old lady cant act. though paid like $ 10 to watch online i have give up after 30 mins but may be the recent the movie look terrible was the most recent nollywood movie i watch are mr and mrs and the meeting
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by natureblack(m): 6:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
uzolexis:

wat are you guilty of?
A lot dear sad
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by princebergz(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
Babe2sure:

Abi o. Different stroke for different folks. Why would phone swap be the best Nigerian movie. It was over-rated. Not a box office movie to me.

media hype a la carte!
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by blackprowler: 8:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
OP in my view has decent taste. I don't think it's even fair to call Mainframe a part of "Nollywood." My best Nigerian movie was also from Mainframe, entitled: Thunderbolt. I loved Uche Osotule so much from that movie I wished to God I had money to give her to retire from making any other movie. She stepped on a pedestal as far as I was concerned. This "Nollywood" that they also call Ibo film has come to damage artistic quality of movie making in Nigeria. Sadly the people don't have the taste for good quality so they sell nonetheless
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by zsch: 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
Phone Swap. I should see Mr and Mrs though
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by urovwose: 11:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
my best Nolly Wood Movie is POLICE RECRUIT
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by acenazt: 5:39pm On Oct 13, 2014
wiringdpt:
Is that the south african movie?
no its Nigerian.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by mosefin19(m): 7:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
alapadupe by muyiwa ademola...da best
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Rayjaymay(m): 9:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
Saworoide
Agogo ewo
Mr and Mrs
Igodo
Isakaba
And my best out of all YELLOW CARD
Produced by mainframe....though I was not opportune to watch the ending part
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 13, 2014
AirborneLacer:
@Op, It has to be Phone Swap!
gbam!!
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Abdgafarplenty(m): 9:58pm On Nov 04, 2014
cr7lomo:

So what is wrong with nollywood ? The 3rd largest film industry in d world . Nigerians have problems , in d end u will still blame jona on our economy . Like u don't know it boosts our economy and sells our culture to d world . U r incarcerated mentally

sorry what culture are you selling
The ones you shoot with a wooden Gun, or the ones you shoot with the very serious set of actors that just change there role or the culture of prostitution,or also the culture of writing nd acting a quack love story or any story whatsoever ever
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by morsadh(m): 1:17pm On Nov 12, 2014
Diamond Ring
The Price
Daybreak
Oleku
Saworode
State of emergency pt 1!

There was a certain Yoruba movie where the younger wife of a man was a suspect in her husband's murder, can not remember. The late F.M. (Funmi Martins) was the wife. That was lovely!

Recent times... Aiye Kooto, a Yoruba movie.. which made me smile. Good story, good acting!

There are still good stories. They just need good scripting and good direction.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by electrokristron(m): 1:31am On Nov 21, 2014
Onome 1 & 2 (also known as Another Love)

It is certainly one of the best movies Nollywood has ever produced!

Film Data:
Nigeria, Year 1996/1997, 94 Minutes,
Director: Chico Ejiro
Screenplay: Opa Williams, Joe Dudun, and Fred Amata • Cinematography: Jonathan Gbemuotor • Editing: Fidelis Ewata •
Production: Consolidated Fortunes LTD, and Opa Williams
Cast: Olu Jacobs (Dafe), Uche Osotule (Onome), Henrienta Oniovosa (Efe), Lai Ashadele (Doctor), Zack Amata (Umukoro, Onome's father) and Sam Loco Efe (Akpo)

Movie Review:
The viewer is called to cautiousness even before the opening credits are over.
When the shoe, which in the first shot was put on the foot, steps and crushes an insect on the floor, it is clear that danger is close. Whiteness of the table cloth and of shirts of the waitresses in the restaurant is almost aching. Shortly after the man from the car enters the restaurant, the place is attacked by armed men and the customers are robbed. Thanks to the waitress, Onome, the man from the car, Dafe, survived the attack that could cost him fortune, if not life.
Onome is one of the first masterpieces by legendary Chico Ejiro. Dark drama of rich and poor evolves on the background of the violent event from the beginning, and the automatism of its brutality partly explains the passivity of the protagonists. They live worlds apart: Dafe in a luxurious home in a highbrow neighborhood, Onome in Ajegunle, the Lagos slum where dirty streets are flooded with stagnant water, in one-room apartment together with sick mother, brothers and younger sister. The more he tries to help, deeper is her misery. Outstanding cinematography and direction are accompanied by tightly written story and excellent cast. The male characters are performed by veteran actors Olu Jacobs, Sam Loco Efe and Zack Amata. Onome, as often is the case with women, is at the centre, but helpless. But men in this story are helpless as well. Onome's biological father left the family, her boyfriend runs away when he learns that she is pregnant, even Dafe is unable to make real his desire for her, his another love. It is their impotence that makes her a prostitute. A courageous statement in a society where prostitution is the only way of survival.

Request to members of the public:
If you have a copy of this movie (either in the old VHS Tape format, VCD, DVD format or a download link on Youtube or anywhere else on the web), kindly contact me. I don't mind paying for it.
Whatever form or format you have the movie on, (Onome 1 & 2 also known as Another Love) pls contact me as soon as possible.
I don't mind paying for the download or for your services.

Kindly contact Chris on +234-8084710033 or send an email to electrokristron@gmail.com
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by arsetalks(m): 3:00pm On Dec 20, 2014
idris4r83:
phone swap is d best nigerian movie
I saw that movie yesterday. Very nice movie but not the best so far

State of emergency, Oleku, Shaworo ide, thunderbolt, most wanted, conspiracy are above it.
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by spawnsnipes: 3:18am On Jan 24, 2015
Nothing can compare to the nigerian soap opera, 'willi willi' season 1 to 20. It still gives me the creeps whenever I remember it

where can i download willie willie
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by Lulumusic: 9:15pm On Jan 24, 2015
Check this one out http://thesourceboard..com/2015/01/gone-too-far-review-2015.html its called gone too far
Re: What's Your Best Nigerian/nollywood Movie? by tobozi: 3:18pm On Feb 10, 2015
hey guys saw this movie on youtube yesterday.... so nice quality didnt even know when i watched the whole movie till the end. You must see this one
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YAH5uvxbKh8

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

TSTV Tracking Frequency / Top 10 Sexiest Male Television Personalities In Nigeria(photos) / BBNaija: Ex-Housemate, Bally Supports Efe With A Customized T-shirt (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.