Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,303 members, 7,808,030 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H (5939 Views)

SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H / SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H / Sabotage: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze,pave Way For B'Haram (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by atlwireles: 12:21am On Oct 11, 2014
By Kingsley Omonobi, Deputy Bureau Chief, Abuja
There were shocking revelations at the weekend that an Army Colonel, some junior officers and soldiers who were taking part in the military offensive to reclaim communities taken over by the Boko Haram terrorists in Adamawa State, have been arrested for sabotage.

Top military sources said that the colonel (a Muslim) who was Commanding a team of three Armoured Personnel Carriers, APC’s, with the capability to fire up to a range of 1.5kilometres or even more, had instead of pursuing the terrorists, deliberately set the APCs on fire between Gulak and Madagali, before running away with his team of soldiers into the bush.
Saturday Vanguard gathered that the Army authorities were outraged over the development and ordered the arrest of both the commander, the junior officers as well as the soldiers under his command.
Narrating how the ‘’embarrassing incident occurred,’’ a source who was privy to the development noted that until the latest development, the Special Forces of the Nigerian Army who commenced the putsch to rout Boko Haram terrorists from Bazza, Michika, Gulak and Madagali from Vimtim, had successfully dealt with, and inflicted heavy casualties on the terrorists up till Gulak.
It was said that between Gulak and Madagali, the Colonel who had all along been prided with air surveillance reports, was again informed that Boko Haram terrorists were approaching his team in six Toyota Hilux Pick Up vans from the Madagali axis.
“However, rather than blasting and taking out the terrorists in their pick-up vans; he ordered his soldiers to jump out of the APC’s and set the armoured tanks on fire, without realising that he was being monitored. This was shocking because the terrorists were armed with weaponry which were grossly inferior to the firepower of the Nigerian Army Amoured tanks. After accomplishing the sabotage act, the Colonel and the junior officers and soldiers ran away into the bush, claiming that they were overpowered by a better armed group of Boko Haram terrorists,’’ Saturday Vanguard was told.
Military sources said that the action of the Colonel and soldiers under his command had given vent to the disclosure by the top hierarchy of the military that there were so many fifth columnists in the military working against the country’s determination to flush out Boko Haram terrorists in the land.

Consequently, Saturday Vanguard was told that a Board of Inquiry, BoI, had been set up by the Army authorities to investigate the Colonel and his soldiers after which a Military Court Martial would be set up to try them for conspiracy, treason and willful sabotage among others.
Also speaking on the development, a senior officer confided in Saturday Vanguard thus, “You can now see why the Military Court Martial which is currently sitting is inevitable. The uninformed would feel that soldiers who are fighting the nation’s battle are being unjustly punished. But the truth is that many of them are sabotaging Nigeria and making the insurgents look formidable for reasons that cannot be explained. Some of them appear sympathetic to the insurgents.

“How can it be explained that several APCs that cost up to $1million each in some cases or more will be willfully destroyed by Commissioned Officers, COs, who swore to defend the territorial integrity of their nation, just to help terrorists? That is treason of the highest order.”
The source added that the new vigour and determination with which Nigerian troops had been prosecuting the war, resulting in the killing of several commanders of the sect as well as hundreds of the insurgents, was the fallout of the new position of the military high command to deal with those pursuing a different agenda from that of the Federal Government.

The Chief of Defence Staff, CDS, Air Chief Marshal Alex Badeh said last week that the death penalty imposed on the 12 soldiers who were tried for treason was lawful and in accordance with military dictates. He spoke at a three-day conference organised by the National Security Adviser in collaboration with Trim Communication Nigeria Ltd on Media/Security relationship in crisis management.
According to him, “The day you join the military you have signed off, whether life or death, and it is obey before complaint. How can a soldier just jump out of the APC because you want to donate APC to Boko Haram; and somebody is there talking about constructive mutiny.
“The laws are there, if you run away from the enemy, you will die and that is what the military law says. Apart from the old Nigerian law, we abide by the military law. Nobody forces or conscripts anybody into the military. It is a voluntary service, and so if we have this type of challenge, you should be able to confront it and not to run away.”

- See more at: http://www.vanguardngr.com/2014/10/sabotage-army-col-10-officers-set-nigerian-tankers-ablaze-pave-way-boko-haram/#sthash.yEr08jzq.dpuf
Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by atlwireles: 12:25am On Oct 11, 2014
When will the army start using the firing squad again for crying out loud. angry angry angry angry

6 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by tit(f): 12:28am On Oct 11, 2014
i hope it is not dansultan.
a pity.

2 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by engrflames: 12:36am On Oct 11, 2014
To keep Nigeria one is a task that must be accomplished. Boko haram will be destroyed, no matter what. The army should keep all northern muslims and western muslims from any tactical or senior leadership position in their fight against boko haram.
God bless Nigeria!

8 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by Caseless: 12:49am On Oct 11, 2014
vanguard is fuc'ked! so , the name of the office cannot be put in print, but he was described as a muslim in the report. what flatulence!!!

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by Omololu007(m): 12:53am On Oct 11, 2014
engrflames:
To keep Nigeria one is a task that must be accomplished. Boko haram will be destroyed, no matter what. The army should keep all northern muslims and western muslims from any tactical or senior leadership position in their fight against boko haram.
God bless Nigeria!
rubbish,are dis western and northern muslims not nigerian....vanguard should b really care full about ao dey report dia news,dey will tell u dat dey can mention d name of d officers commitin crimes,but dey will tell u is a muslim,yoruba or hausa army officer.if dey cant giv us names,den no need to talk about his religion or were he is from

3 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by tit(f): 12:58am On Oct 11, 2014
Omololu007:
rubbish,are dis western and northern muslims not nigerian....vanguard should b really care full about ao dey report dia news,dey will tell u dat dey can mention d name of d officers commitin crimes,but dey will tell u is a muslim,yoruba or hausa army officer.if dey cant giv us names,den no need to talk about his religion or were he is from

Why you dey ves?
You no ves like this when Davies say Ihejirika is boko haram.
The vanguard reporter, Omonobi, is a Yoruba,
He is the one that reports on the military for them.
We even discuss the general from the South West that ran into the bush with a whole division of nigerian army.
Why cant we discuss some one who set army petrol tanker on fire.

18 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by atlwireles: 12:59am On Oct 11, 2014
^^^^^ Why should vanguard be careful, Nigerians MUST be told, who the enemies within are, the ones killing Nigeria slowly from within. angry angry angry angry

3 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by ITbomb(m): 1:00am On Oct 11, 2014
If I am to defend the guys.
From previous report where soldiers in Maiduguri barracks burn down the armory before leaving as Boko Haram came close, I would say that it was a case of the Commander having fears that the incoming terrorists have superior weapons and numbers and to ensure that they don't capture the APC, they had to render it useless for the insurgents and flee.

I would be interested to hear what their defense

7 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by tiswell(m): 1:05am On Oct 11, 2014
This is really a sad development,whatever the case maybe,we are winning this war against terrorism.

In other news,fellow nairalanders,join me
in observing dis special moment,our God
is indeed AWESOME. Happy birthday to my
son,my 1st blood! My 1st power! My best
pal yet!
As u turn 2yrs old today,may God bless and
continually shower u with his grace and
favor! U shall be greater than the greatest
in your lineage!
Long live Angel Gabriel!
Happy birthday my BLOOD.

27 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by atlwireles: 1:06am On Oct 11, 2014
ITbomb:
From previous report where soldiers in Maiduguri barracks burn down the armory before leaving as Boko Haram came close, I would say that it was a case of the Commander having fears that the incoming terrorists have superior weapons and numbers and to ensure that they don't capture the APC, they had to render it useless for the insurgents and flee.

Did you even read the report undecided The col has no defense, he should be shot with as many bullets, till his body parts fall off his bones. angry

6 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by Omololu007(m): 1:07am On Oct 11, 2014
tit:

Why you dey ves?
We even discuss the general from the South West that ran into the bush with a whole division of nigerian army.
what is the meanin of omonobi in yoruba?.....am talkin of vanguard as a whole,dey should go through wot dia reporters write down,before dey publish it.and pls dont sound stupid,a brigadier general dont command an army division,he was a brigade commander,and he was not d one dat led dem,wen dey fled to cameroun,it was a batalion of soldiers led by a lieutenant colonel dat fled to cameroun,but d name of d lieutenant colonel is not yet made public...d brigadier general wont even b retired,dey might just let him spend d remainin years left for him to serve as a brigadier general,he wont b promoted to d rank of a major general

1 Like

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by soma042(m): 1:15am On Oct 11, 2014
This is more reason why we should strip off this so called terrorist/Muslim occupying a sensible position in the army.
This battle would have been long won if not for some parasite sabotaging the good efforts of others.
God will punish you and your family if any terrorist here will quote me here and talk nonsense
Mtcheeeeew

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:30am On Oct 11, 2014
atlwireles:
By Kingsley Omonobi, Deputy Bureau Chief, Abuja
There were shocking revelations at the weekend that an Army Colonel, some junior officers and soldiers who were taking part in the military offensive to reclaim communities taken over by the Boko Haram terrorists in Adamawa State, have been arrested for sabotage.

Top military sources said that the colonel (a Muslim) who was Commanding a team of three Armoured Personnel Carriers, APC’s, with the capability to fire up to a range of 1.5kilometres or even more, had instead of pursuing the terrorists, deliberately set the APCs on fire between Gulak and Madagali, before running away with his team of soldiers into the bush.

The sources and this phantom Colonel don't have a name? Or are we to just assume that it might just be every Muslim Colonel in the Nigerian Army posted in that area that is the subject in this story of yours?

4 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by tit(f): 1:32am On Oct 11, 2014
Omololu007:
what is the meanin of omonobi in yoruba?.....am talkin of vanguard as a whole,dey should go through wot dia reporters write down,before dey publish it.and pls dont sound stupid,a brigadier general dont command an army division,he was a brigade commander,and he was not d one dat led dem,wen dey fled to cameroun,it was a batalion of soldiers led by a lieutenant colonel dat fled to cameroun,but d name of d lieutenant colonel is not yet made public...d brigadier general wont even b retired,dey might just let him spend d remainin years left for him to serve as a brigadier general,he wont b promoted to d rank of a major general

Thank you very much egbon.
It looks like you know all this our soldiers.
These are the officers that chop the money for the boys.

The whole of vanguard and the South West media is now a laughing stock.
Add Lie Mohammed and Olukolade.

2 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by luvmijeje(f): 1:33am On Oct 11, 2014
Saturday Vanguard gathered

What kind of professionalism is this? This is one my biggest headache with this government. Why are they trying so hard to play tribal and religion Card?

The other day a Yoruba man ran from the war, today a Muslim man sabotage the war. They should give us their names and their trial must be open to act as a deterrent to others.

6 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:38am On Oct 11, 2014
tit:

Why you dey ves?

Kingsley Omonobi, a man whom I personally know from his days in Washington DC, IS FROM THE IBO ETHNIC GROUP!

I have chided him severally in the past on his stories which are usually tribal and bigoted in nature. But, I guess a man's got to feed his stomach somehow.

6 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by atlwireles: 1:38am On Oct 11, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

The sources and this phantom Colonel don't have a name? Or are we just to assume that it might just be every Muslim Colonel in the Nigerian Army posted in that area that is the subject in this story of yours?

Fill in the blanks. All boko haram supporters will be killed phantom or not.

1 Like

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by tit(f): 1:42am On Oct 11, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Kingsley Omonobi, a man whom I personally know from his days in Washington DC, IS FROM THE IBO ETHNIC GROUP!

I have chided him severally in the past on his stories which are sully tribal and bigoted in nature. But, I guess a man's got to feed his stomach somehow.

All you iboes, yorubass and foolanis are the ones sabotaging Nigeria!
You all will be dealt with.

2 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:44am On Oct 11, 2014
atlwireles:

Fill in the blanks. All boko haram supporters will be killed phantom or not.

Do you have a life outside of NL or does PDP employ you to work 24/7? Thats abuse of your labor rights, you do know that, right?
Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:46am On Oct 11, 2014
tit:

All you iboes, yorubass and foolanis are the ones sabotaging Nigeria!
You all will be dealt with.

Transgender, what are you talking about?
Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by atlwireles: 1:49am On Oct 11, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Do you have a life outside of NL or does PDP employ you to work 24/7? Thats abuse of your labor rights, you do know that, right?

That was a nice segue way, the only abuse going here, is this kind cowardly jackass and inferiority complex rats like you, attempt to sell on this forum. Americana wannbe, go fucck yourself.

6 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by fr3do(m): 1:51am On Oct 11, 2014
My God!
Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by ISpiksDaTroof: 1:54am On Oct 11, 2014
atlwireles:

That was a nice segue way, the only abuse going here, is this kind cowardly jackass and inferiority complex rats like you, attempt to sell on this forum. Americana wannbe, go fucck yourself.

I asked a simple question. Do you get vacation time or is your slave labor on a 24/7 basis?
Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by feminancy(m): 1:58am On Oct 11, 2014
ITbomb:

This is total bushit. How can you justify this act of cowardice in the millitary . Cant they retreat back or possibly call for reinforcement .
Jeez if you don't have anything to contribute then you shut d fuckkkup Or go back and read the detail your client don't have any Defence he did it intentionally

6 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by atlwireles: 1:59am On Oct 11, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

I asked a simple question. Do you get vacation time or is your slave labor on a 24/7 basis?

The boko haram supporters, always trying to change the topic. Please tell us, why you are sabotaging Nigeria. grin grin grin

5 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by Datiboboi: 2:28am On Oct 11, 2014
ITbomb:

Mr defender you can't defend when you lack total knowledge of the millitary ethics.
According to the source The Chief of Defence Staff, “The day you join the military you have signed off, whether life or death, and it is obey before complaint. How can a soldier just jump out of the APC because you want to donate APC to Boko Haram; and somebody is there talking about constructive mutiny.
The laws are there, if you run away from the enemy, you will die and that is what the military law says. Apart from the old Nigerian law, we abide by the military law. Nobody forces or conscripts anybody into the military. It is a voluntary service, and so if we have this type of challenge, you should be able to confront it and not to run away.”

4 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by agabusta: 2:33am On Oct 11, 2014
The way they report news these days is baffling (especially Vanguard). The reporter said the colonel was commanding 3 APCs. He then went to talk about the fire power of Nigerian Armoured tanks.

APCs are for conveying personnel. While an Armoured tank can be used for offense and defence as necessary.

They are different! If the reporter told us the man was the commanding officer for a tank unit or an armoured unit, it will make more sense.

The report is somehow.

Anyways, anyone found wanting in the discharge of his function in the military should be dealt with timely and appropriately in line with military code. We cannot afford to play with disciplinary issues in the military at this critical time. That will be an invitation to total anarchy.

7 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by tit(f): 2:37am On Oct 11, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Transgender, what are you talking about?
please face the topic.
do not distract with ad hominen attacks.

5 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by soma042(m): 3:06am On Oct 11, 2014
agabusta:
The way they report news these days is baffling (especially Vanguard). The reporter said the colonel was commanding 3 APCs. He then went to talk about the fire power of Nigerian Armoured tanks.

APCs are for conveying personnel. While an Armoured tank can be used for offense and defence as necessary.

They are different! If the reporter told us the man was the commanding officer for a tank unit or an armoured unit, it will make more sense.

The report is somehow.

Anyways, anyone found wanting in the discharge of his function in the military should be dealt with timely and appropriately in line with military code. We cannot afford to play with disciplinary issues in the military at this critical time. That will be an invitation to total anarchy.

Not all the APCs are designed for conveying personnel, and is clear the one the officer was referring to. Considering the amount of money each APCs are sold "quote" “How can it be explained that several APCs that cost up to $1million each and with the capability to fire up to a range of 1.5kilometres

Some of you claiming millitary expert with no training .

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by RockMaxi: 3:37am On Oct 11, 2014
atlwireles:

Did you even read the report undecided The col has no defense, he should be shot with as many bullets, till his body parts fall off his bones. angry

Not surprised you posted the topic and why won't you believe it. angry
Less we equally progress in error, suddenly the Military now decides to monitor just to justify the case of court martialing or what.
When the General sacrificed gallant officers to bokoharam then which actually was the beginning of this mutiny they weren't monitoring then or what?
I am not in support of saboteurs and I think they should be dealt with once identified. angry
Coming up with this story to justify court martialing tells me that their is something wrong internally at the top.
Who should be court martialed, the officers that lowered morale by denying the boys adequate compensation or the one that refuses to send adequate back up to those facing the battle headlong?

Likewise I will continue to support the military to ending this bokoharam menace but I reserve my choice to believing this story.

5 Likes

Re: SABOTAGE: Army Col, 10 Officers Set Nigerian Tankers Ablaze, Pave Way For Boko H by free2ryhme: 3:47am On Oct 11, 2014
comment later

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Can Someone List The Allegations Of Corruption Against GEJ? / Pics Of Baby Born Without Anus & Private Parts At A Hospital In Nnewi Go Viral / Breaking! Simon Ekpa Released By Finland Police Back To His House - Pics

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.