Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,460 members, 7,808,641 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:39 PM

Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? (50975 Views)

Saka And Don Jazzy On MTN Songstar Commercial / Mr Ibu Vs Osuofia: Who Is A Better Movie Comedian? / Most Funniest Nigerian Actor (aki&pawpaw, Osuofia, Mr Ibu) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Segadem(m): 12:55am On Oct 11, 2014
Nkem Owoh (Osuofia) and Hafeez Oyetoro (Saka) are one of a kind as far as comedy is concerned in Nigeria. Both acts have a few things in common. They are both MTN brand ambassadors, both started their careers from the stage and progressed through television soaps to home videos. While Osuofia kicked-off his career at the Nigerian Television Authority (NTA), Saka started his at Ogun State Television (OGTV), Abeokuta. However, there is a popular dispute currently raging among comedy buffs about who is the better comedian between the pair. And to permanently rest the matter once and for all, the comedians slug it out in Showdown’s ring today.

NKEM OWOH:

Engineer-turned actor, Nkem Owoh aka Osuofia, is an indigene of Udi, Enugu State. A graduate of Engineering from the University of Ilorin, his acting career kicked-off as an undergraduate. Owoh, who featured in the now defunct must-watch TV soap, Things Fall Apart, stole the hearts of movie buffs for his artistry in delivering comic as well as drunken roles in films like Ikuku, Ukwa, Akidi, and Long John among many others. And in 2003, his fame spread like wild fire after starring in the blockbuster, Osuofia in London. In 2003, he was named Nigeria’s King of Comedy and in 2008, he won the African Movie Academy Award (AMAA) for Best Actor in a Leading Role.

HAFIZ OYETORO:

‘I don port o!’ Remember that phrase made by Hafiz Oyetoro aka Saka, after porting to MTN from Etisalat for the sum of N20 million when the telecoms giant signed him up a few years ago? Ever since, the university lecturer has continued to grow from strength to strength as his fame has risen to unprecedented heights making him a household name. An indigene of Iseyin, Oyo State, Saka had his first degree in Theatre Arts at the University of Ife (OAU). He got his Master’s degree at the University of Ibadan and he is currently studying for his PhD programme at the University of Ibadan, while working as a Theatre Arts lecturer at the Adeniran Ogunsanya College of Education, Otto-Ijanikin, Lagos. The AMVCA award winner for the Best Comedian of The Year, and a regular face in TV soaps and Yoruba movies, has featured in many home videos including Circle of Interest and House A-part.
…And the people’s verdict:

It’s a tie –Onah Gloria, accountant

I would say it’s partly Saka and partly Osuofia. But Saka has an edge because his face alone is comedy personified. However, put succinctly, Nkem Owo has the words while Saka owns the expression.

Osuofia should rebrand himself – Nenna Okwuani

Osuofia’s acting fortunes are fast dwindling and he should blame himself for that. I don’t understand what he does these days. From poor role interpretation and poor diction, his acting has been generally poor. And I am advising him to try and rebrand himself.

Saka is funnier –Maryrose Ihenetuh, nurse

Saka is funnier. Mere looking at him is enough to make you laugh any day so I consider him as the better comedian.

Osuofia running out of ideas –Adaora Emmanuel

I no longer enjoy Osuofia’s acting these days. He seems to have run out of ideas and I don’t know what is happened to him. His method of role interpretation is now so glaringly flawed that even children notice it. It is said that he no longer works with the official lines in movie script he is given but usually creates his own lines. If that is true, then it’s probably why he overstretches scenes with irrelevant lines. But I have never seen Saka overstretching any scene and bombarding us with irrelevant lines.

Give it to Saka – Desmond Obodoekwe, undergraduate

Judging from their present form, I’ll give it to Saka. But if we should consider Nkem Owo’s past works such as Ikuku, Ukwa, Osuofia In London and the likes, then he is the unarguable winner. But as we speak, the slot should go to Saka.

Saka is more versatile – Jenifer Akaji, sociologist

Saka is the talk of the town now and I think that he has no rivals presently as far as comedy business is concerned; he is more versatile than Nkem Owoh.

Nkem Owo is waning – Bunmi Sikirat, undergraduate

The problem with Nkem Owoh is that he has systematically abandoned the part that made him what he is today. He no longer does those drunken, mischievous and village roles that usually showcases his best. And if you look at Saka, the reverse is the case; he hasn’t derailed from playing those characters that made him the Saka that we see today.

Nkem Owo has no rival – Peter Attama, radiologist

I am a very busy person and barely find time to watch movies. But whenever time permits me, I try not to miss watching films that feature Osuofia. I usually find his films suiting. And I would not hesitate to vote for him rather than Saka if your subject matter demands voting.

Saka is too good –Tunrayo Akinfenwa, student

I have never watched Saka play non-comedy movie roles; he is just too good at interpreting humorous roles. Meanwhile, Nkem Owoh is just as good but I prefer Saka because he is usually more real compared to Nkem Owoh.

Osuofia is a comic guru –Daniel Abiodun, civil servant

Hafiz Oyetoro is a master rib cracker no doubt but whoever watched Osuofia in Ukwa, Ikuku, Kiss Me Quick and most of his early films will attest to the fact that he is a comic guru. Just to share a certain funny experience with you. I was once seriously angered by my wife. And as I was boiling, she sent one of my daughters to slot in one of Osuofia’s newly released films which she had just bought at that time; I think it was Ukwa. And before I knew it I was cracking up in laughter. It was at the end that I remembered that I had issues with my wife.

I prefer Nkem Owoh –Audu Samuel, undergraduate

I barely knew Saka until his popular I don Port advert but I grew up knowing Osuofia. It is true that his old works seem to appear more captivating than the recent ones but he is still good and I still prefer him to Saka.

I like Osuofia – Dickson Abayomi, computer engineer

Everyone knows that Saka is a powerful comedian. He even teaches comedy too. But personally, I prefer Osuofia to Saka; he is a fantastic rib cracker and perfect role interpreter.

Nkem Owoh, ultimate rib-cracker – Gregory James, social worker

Nkerm Owoh is an amazing comedian. For him, humour is part of life as he cracks jokes effortlessly. He has plenty of it in him and only needs to open his mouth and let it pour out. As for me, he is Nigeria’s ultimate rib cracker.

They are both good – Badmus Abdulahi, undergraduate

One thing about Saka and Osuofia is that as far as comedy is concerned, they are both gladiators. The only thing is that while Osuofia is more into home movies, Saka focuses more on television soaps. But one thing they have in common is that they are both stage products. They both started with stage plays and TV series before hitting home movies.

Osuofia is far better – Engineer Nwoye Charles

I have no doubt in my mind that Osuofia still stands tall and imposing among the cream of Nigeria’s comic family; he is just awesome! I have been opportune to witness him anchor events a couple of times and he was always extra-ordinary; I consider him far better than Mr. Oyetoro.

Saka is the one – Adeosun Bamike, undergraduate

Saka is better than Osuofia for now. Moreover, he won my heart when he ported his way to mega success with MTN.

It’s a tie – Ajayi Suleiman, dispatch executive

To me, comparing Saka and Osuofia would be like comparing two different delicious dishes. They are masters in their respective rights but with varied strengths and weaknesses so I would call it a tie. Saka is so good and Osuofia is just as good.

Osuofia is funnier, more mischievous – Obong Modester, banker

My honest view is that I find Osuofia more interesting and mischievous. And he plays his mischief roles so humorously craftily you would be unable to hold back laughter.

Osuofia is a great rib-cracker

– Mathias Chikwelu, businessman

Anyone who knows the stuff that Osuofiason is made of would need no soothsayer to convince him that Osuofia is a superb rib cracker; a great comedian. In fact, he is my number one comedian in the country.

I’ll go for Saka – Ismail Bakare, surveyor

Saka and Osuofia are top rib crackers in Nigeria. And I think that was why MTN adopted both of them as brand ambassadors. But beyond that, I prefer Saka to Osuofia because I find his acting more professional and more enriching.

Osuofia is far better –Nwanyi Sunday, lecturer

You can’t compare Osuofia with Saka. Both are good but Osuofia is way ahead; he is in a world of his own. Saka is more of a jester. Sometimes he makes the whole joke appear childish. But Osuofia always comes natural. Everything about him is comedy. But that is not to say that Saka is not good. What I’m trying to point out is that Osuofia has a very wide and glaring edge over Saka.

http://sunnewsonline.com/new/?p=85536

1 Like 4 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by soma042(m): 12:58am On Oct 11, 2014
You cannot compare the both na
Osuofia na ahh

111 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 12:58am On Oct 11, 2014
saka

17 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Segadem(m): 1:00am On Oct 11, 2014
Saka ni joor, Saka ni jare, but judging from the past achievements I will give it to Osuofia.

47 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 1:32am On Oct 11, 2014
I don't watch nollywood but I follow politics and Goodluck J and all his people that are sending laundered money through South Africa are better comedians and jokers.

79 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by mrking3(m): 3:36am On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia is just CLASSIQUE!! Saka is more of a CLOWN!

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Caseless: 3:50am On Oct 11, 2014
saka is good, but osuofia is better. nkem owoh all the way

106 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by focus7: 4:05am On Oct 11, 2014
Usofia has no comparism yet, he's just classic.

48 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by sol2galay: 5:30am On Oct 11, 2014
You cant just compare the two,Osuofia dont rival bro,he is not acting he is being natural. You can compare Saka with victor osuagwu both are actors in comedy. But Osuofia is in class of his own.

84 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Descartes: 5:44am On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia rules the world of comedy in Nollywood while Saka is a seasonal clown. wink

74 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by InyinyaAgbaOku(m): 5:47am On Oct 11, 2014
Nobody should come here and compare sb with osuofia again.
its not allowed.
Osuofia is the king .
In the clown world, Mr IBU is even better than Saka.

97 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by gratiaeo(m): 6:04am On Oct 11, 2014
Nawao Osuofia and saka kwa?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by M4gunners: 6:27am On Oct 11, 2014
It suppose to be Mr Ibu vs Saka not Osuofia abeg.

60 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by stinggy(m): 6:35am On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia of course!
Saka, for some reasons I don't know, seems not to be funny to me. I hardly laugh at his jokes. I only manage to laugh at his looks

So Osuofia >>>> Saka

75 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by chimerase2: 6:40am On Oct 11, 2014
Chai how can u be comparing saka with the world veteran in comedy world osuofia undecided
Osuofia is natural he is a born comedian

46 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Soreza(m): 6:41am On Oct 11, 2014
please dont compare america with chad in africa,of course its OSOFIA

37 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by egift(m): 6:48am On Oct 11, 2014
[img]http://www..ng/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/20140418-082158.jpg[/img]

OP, who be Saka when it comes to Osuofia? I will rather you compare him to Mr. Ibu. Anyway, that is none of my business.

36 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 6:49am On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia is way better than saka. That man can act a full comedy without going through a single script. Just like peak milk, acting is in him while saka is more of a hardworking comedian who can use or do anything just to get attention.

BTW, op who told you osuofia attended University of illorin? You are wrong though. He attended institute of management and technology Enugu.

41 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 6:50am On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia

others angry angry angry

14 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by alotofgrace(m): 6:56am On Oct 11, 2014
what's funny about osifia? he'd nit made mi laff oneday..his last movie I saw- osofia in london was totally boring to me. the movie jusst displayed....let mi liv d movie. saka is mostly into soaps. funny or not funny the man is richer dan osofia....the comedian with most fans gets d biggest contract.....helloooo...
osofia contract was with Madam patience....saka was alone....infact after I don port o, osofia was placed behind saka in another advert!!!

ok, tell mi, why did gej not call osofia for a ministerial appointment?

saka rocks...osuofia sucks.. otan!!!

rip sam loko efe

44 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by BarryX(m): 6:58am On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia is miles ahead of Saka.
Like seriously, Is Saka funny?

44 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 7:08am On Oct 11, 2014
nkem owoh is funnier. I don't even find saka funny. Saka, mr ibu, victor osuagwu etc are not funny. People who r naturally funny include okey bakassi, sam loco, and a few others.

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Descartes: 7:14am On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia the Lionel Messi of Nollywood cool

33 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Imoy(m): 7:24am On Oct 11, 2014
Wait let me ask ifa

3 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Segadem(m): 8:07am On Oct 11, 2014
InyinyaAgbaOku:
Nobody should come here and compare sb with osuofia again.
its not allowed.
Osuofia is the king .
In the clown world, Mr IBU is even better than Saka.
And the people’s verdict:

I would say it’s partly Saka and partly Osuofia.
But Saka has an edge because his face alone is
comedy personified. However, put succinctly,
Nkem Owo has the words while Saka owns the
expression.

Osuofia’s acting fortunes are fast dwindling and
he should blame himself for that. I don’t
understand what he does these days. From poor
role interpretation and poor diction, his acting has
been generally poor. And I am advising him to try
and rebrand himself.

Saka is funnier –Maryrose Ihenetuh,
nurse

Saka is funnier. Mere looking at him is enough to
make you laugh any day so I consider him as the
better comedian.

I no longer enjoy Osuofia’s acting these days. He
seems to have run out of ideas and I don’t know
what is happened to him. His method of role
interpretation is now so glaringly flawed that even
children notice it. It is said that he no longer
works with the official lines in movie script he is
given but usually creates his own lines. If that is
true, then it’s probably why he overstretches
scenes with irrelevant lines. But I have never seen
Saka overstretching any scene and bombarding
us with irrelevant lines.

Give it to Saka – Desmond Obodoekwe,
undergraduate
Judging from their present form, I’ll give it to
Saka. But if we should consider Nkem Owo’s past
works such as Ikuku, Ukwa , Osuofia In London
and the likes, then he is the unarguable winner.
But as we speak, the slot should go to Saka .

Saka is more versatile – Jenifer Akaji,
sociologist
Saka is the talk of the town now and I think that
he has no rivals presently as far as comedy
business is concerned; he is more versatile than
Nkem Owoh.

Nkem Owo is waning – Bunmi Sikirat,
undergraduate
The problem with Nkem Owoh is that he has
systematically abandoned the part that made him
what he is today. He no longer does those
drunken, mischievous and village roles that
usually showcases his best. And if you look at
Saka, the reverse is the case; he hasn’t derailed
from playing those characters that made him the
Saka that we see today.

Nkem Owo has no rival – Peter Attama,
radiologist
I am a very busy person and barely find time to
watch movies. But whenever time permits me, I
try not to miss watching films that feature
Osuofia. I usually find his films suiting. And I
would not hesitate to vote for him rather than
Saka if your subject matter demands voting.

I have never watched Saka play non-comedy
movie roles; he is just too good at interpreting
humorous roles. Meanwhile, Nkem Owoh is just
as good but I prefer Saka because he is usually
more real compared to Nkem Owoh.

Osuofia is a comic guru –Daniel Abiodun, civil
servant
Hafiz Oyetoro is a master rib cracker no doubt
but whoever watched Osuofia in Ukwa, Ikuku, Kiss
Me Quick and most of his early films will attest to
the fact that he is a comic guru. Just to share a
certain funny experience with you. I was once
seriously angered by my wife. And as I was
boiling, she sent one of my daughters to slot in
one of Osuofia’s newly released films which she
had just bought at that time; I think it was Ukwa.
And before I knew it I was cracking up in
laughter. It was at the end that I remembered
that I had issues with my wife.

I prefer Nkem Owoh –Audu Samuel,
undergraduate
I barely knew Saka until his popular I don Port
advert but I grew up knowing Osuofia. It is true
that his old works seem to appear more
captivating than the recent ones but he is still
good and I still prefer him to Saka.

I like Osuofia – Dickson Abayomi, computer
engineer
Everyone knows that Saka is a powerful
comedian. He even teaches comedy too. But
personally, I prefer Osuofia to Saka; he is a
fantastic rib cracker and perfect role interpreter.

Nkem Owoh, ultimate rib-cracker – Gregory
James, social worker

Nkerm Owoh is an amazing comedian. For him,
humour is part of life as he cracks jokes
effortlessly. He has plenty of it in him and only
needs to open his mouth and let it pour out. As
for me, he is Nigeria’s ultimate rib cracker.

They are both good – Badmus Abdulahi,
undergraduate
One thing about Saka and Osuofia is that as far
as comedy is concerned, they are both gladiators.
The only thing is that while Osuofia is more into
home movies, Saka focuses more on television
soaps. But one thing they have in common is that
they are both stage products. They both started
with stage plays and TV series before hitting
home movies.

I have no doubt in my mind that Osuofia still
stands tall and imposing among the cream of
Nigeria’s comic family; he is just awesome! I
have been opportune to witness him anchor
events a couple of times and he was always
extra-ordinary; I consider him far better than Mr.
Oyetoro.

Saka is the one – Adeosun Bamike,
undergraduate
Saka is better than Osuofia for now. Moreover, he
won my heart when he ported his way to mega
success with MTN.

To me, comparing Saka and Osuofia would be like
comparing two different delicious dishes. They are
masters in their respective rights but with varied
strengths and weaknesses so I would call it a tie.
Saka is so good and Osuofia is just as good.

Osuofia is funnier, more mischievous – Obong
Modester, banker
My honest view is that I find Osuofia more
interesting and mischievous. And he plays his
mischief roles so humorously craftily you would
be unable to hold back laughter.

Anyone who knows the stuff that Osuofiason is
made of would need no soothsayer to convince
him that Osuofia is a superb rib cracker; a great
comedian. In fact, he is my number one comedian
in the country.

Saka and Osuofia are top rib crackers in Nigeria.
And I think that was why MTN adopted both of
them as brand ambassadors. But beyond that, I
prefer Saka to Osuofia because I find his acting
more professional and more enriching.

You can’t compare Osuofia with Saka. Both are
good but Osuofia is way ahead; he is in a world
of his own. Saka is more of a jester. Sometimes
he makes the whole joke appear childish. But
Osuofia always comes natural. Everything about
him is comedy. But that is not to say that Saka
is not good. What I’m trying to point out is that
Osuofia has a very wide and glaring edge over
Saka.

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Omimah: 8:48am On Oct 11, 2014
Both of them are good. They operate in different realms. While Osuofia is known more in home video, Saka does more of stage plays.
For those that do not watch Yoruba movie, little, apart from adverts he does, is known about Saka.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by philantoxx(m): 8:54am On Oct 11, 2014
nkem owoh ten times over.saka doesn't come near.

22 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by lionduke(m): 9:32am On Oct 11, 2014
alotofgrace:
what's funny about osifia? he'd nit made mi laff oneday..his last movie I saw- osofia in london was totally boring to me. the movie jusst displayed....let mi liv d movie. saka is mostly into soaps. funny or not funny the man is richer dan osofia....the comedian with most fans gets d biggest contract.....helloooo...
osofia contract was with Madam patience....saka was alone....infact after I don port o, osofia was placed behind saka in another advert!!!

ok, tell mi, why did gej not call osofia for a ministerial appointment?

saka rocks..... otan!!!

rip sam loko efe
sorry . didn't get you well.
did you just say that saka is richer than osuofia?
sorry wake up cos you are day dreaming

47 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 11, 2014
NON OF. The Above
Just clowns

1 Like

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by Nobody: 9:47am On Oct 11, 2014
Osuofia na nawfia is the man, got to know saka when he did Etisalat advert, I see this making front page oooooo

6 Likes

Re: Osuofia Vs Saka: Who Is The Better Comedian? by stinggy(m): 9:56am On Oct 11, 2014
Segadem:
And the people’s verdict:

I would say it’s partly Saka and partly Osuofia.
But Saka has an edge because his face alone is
comedy personified. However, put succinctly,
Nkem Owo has the words while Saka owns the
expression.

Osuofia’s acting fortunes are fast dwindling and
he should blame himself for that. I don’t
understand what he does these days. From poor
role interpretation and poor diction, his acting has
been generally poor. And I am advising him to try
and rebrand himself.

Saka is funnier –Maryrose Ihenetuh,
nurse

Saka is funnier. Mere looking at him is enough to
make you laugh any day so I consider him as the
better comedian.

I no longer enjoy Osuofia’s acting these days. He
seems to have run out of ideas and I don’t know
what is happened to him. His method of role
interpretation is now so glaringly flawed that even
children notice it. It is said that he no longer
works with the official lines in movie script he is
given but usually creates his own lines. If that is
true, then it’s probably why he overstretches
scenes with irrelevant lines. But I have never seen
Saka overstretching any scene and bombarding
us with irrelevant lines.

Give it to Saka – Desmond Obodoekwe,
undergraduate
Judging from their present form, I’ll give it to
Saka. But if we should consider Nkem Owo’s past
works such as Ikuku, Ukwa , Osuofia In London
and the likes, then he is the unarguable winner.
But as we speak, the slot should go to Saka .

Saka is more versatile – Jenifer Akaji,
sociologist
Saka is the talk of the town now and I think that
he has no rivals presently as far as comedy
business is concerned; he is more versatile than
Nkem Owoh.

Nkem Owo is waning – Bunmi Sikirat,
undergraduate
The problem with Nkem Owoh is that he has
systematically abandoned the part that made him
what he is today. He no longer does those
drunken, mischievous and village roles that
usually showcases his best. And if you look at
Saka, the reverse is the case; he hasn’t derailed
from playing those characters that made him the
Saka that we see today.

Nkem Owo has no rival – Peter Attama,
radiologist
I am a very busy person and barely find time to
watch movies. But whenever time permits me, I
try not to miss watching films that feature
Osuofia. I usually find his films suiting. And I
would not hesitate to vote for him rather than
Saka if your subject matter demands voting.

I have never watched Saka play non-comedy
movie roles; he is just too good at interpreting
humorous roles. Meanwhile, Nkem Owoh is just
as good but I prefer Saka because he is usually
more real compared to Nkem Owoh.

Osuofia is a comic guru –Daniel Abiodun, civil
servant
Hafiz Oyetoro is a master rib cracker no doubt
but whoever watched Osuofia in Ukwa, Ikuku, Kiss
Me Quick and most of his early films will attest to
the fact that he is a comic guru. Just to share a
certain funny experience with you. I was once
seriously angered by my wife. And as I was
boiling, she sent one of my daughters to slot in
one of Osuofia’s newly released films which she
had just bought at that time; I think it was Ukwa.
And before I knew it I was cracking up in
laughter. It was at the end that I remembered
that I had issues with my wife.

I prefer Nkem Owoh –Audu Samuel,
undergraduate
I barely knew Saka until his popular I don Port
advert but I grew up knowing Osuofia. It is true
that his old works seem to appear more
captivating than the recent ones but he is still
good and I still prefer him to Saka.

I like Osuofia – Dickson Abayomi, computer
engineer
Everyone knows that Saka is a powerful
comedian. He even teaches comedy too. But
personally, I prefer Osuofia to Saka; he is a
fantastic rib cracker and perfect role interpreter.

Nkem Owoh, ultimate rib-cracker – Gregory
James, social worker

Nkerm Owoh is an amazing comedian. For him,
humour is part of life as he cracks jokes
effortlessly. He has plenty of it in him and only
needs to open his mouth and let it pour out. As
for me, he is Nigeria’s ultimate rib cracker.

They are both good – Badmus Abdulahi,
undergraduate
One thing about Saka and Osuofia is that as far
as comedy is concerned, they are both gladiators.
The only thing is that while Osuofia is more into
home movies, Saka focuses more on television
soaps. But one thing they have in common is that
they are both stage products. They both started
with stage plays and TV series before hitting
home movies.

I have no doubt in my mind that Osuofia still
stands tall and imposing among the cream of
Nigeria’s comic family; he is just awesome! I
have been opportune to witness him anchor
events a couple of times and he was always
extra-ordinary; I consider him far better than Mr.
Oyetoro.

Saka is the one – Adeosun Bamike,
undergraduate
Saka is better than Osuofia for now. Moreover, he
won my heart when he ported his way to mega
success with MTN.

To me, comparing Saka and Osuofia would be like
comparing two different delicious dishes. They are
masters in their respective rights but with varied
strengths and weaknesses so I would call it a tie.
Saka is so good and Osuofia is just as good.

Osuofia is funnier, more mischievous – Obong
Modester, banker
My honest view is that I find Osuofia more
interesting and mischievous. And he plays his
mischief roles so humorously craftily you would
be unable to hold back laughter.

Anyone who knows the stuff that Osuofiason is
made of would need no soothsayer to convince
him that Osuofia is a superb rib cracker; a great
comedian. In fact, he is my number one comedian
in the country.

Saka and Osuofia are top rib crackers in Nigeria.
And I think that was why MTN adopted both of
them as brand ambassadors. But beyond that, I
prefer Saka to Osuofia because I find his acting
more professional and more enriching.

You can’t compare Osuofia with Saka. Both are
good but Osuofia is way ahead; he is in a world
of his own. Saka is more of a jester. Sometimes
he makes the whole joke appear childish. But
Osuofia always comes natural. Everything about
him is comedy. But that is not to say that Saka
is not good. What I’m trying to point out is that
Osuofia has a very wide and glaring edge over
Saka.

K

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Anto Lecky On BBNaija: "I Have Had Sex With A Lot Of Guys'' (Video) / BBNaija: Tobi Bakre Earned N130,000 Monthly At Heritage Bank / BBNaija: Lai Mohammed Orders NBC To Stop BBN Over COVID-19 – The Cable

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.