Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,861 members, 7,806,431 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Error 404 - Page Not Found - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Error 404 - Page Not Found (1338 Views)

Error 404 - Page Not Found Why Am I Seeing This Page?. Delete Page / Create A Custom Redirect Page (error 404 Page) / The Best 404 Error Pages Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Error 404 - Page Not Found by Joel3(m): 4:49am On Oct 11, 2014
ERROR 404 - PAGE NOT FOUND
Why am I seeing this page?
How to find the correct spelling and folder
404 Errors After Clicking WordPress Links
How to modify your .htaccess file

i am getting this error

i need someone to help out. how do i edit .htaccess file to return none existing page back to home page. like the page not found it might have been move or deleted.?
Re: Error 404 - Page Not Found by maekhel(m): 11:46am On Oct 11, 2014
Joel3:

i am getting this error

i need someone to help out. how do i edit .htaccess file to return none existing page back to home page. like the page not found it might have been move or deleted.?
can you be more explanatory
Re: Error 404 - Page Not Found by Joel3(m): 1:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
maekhel:

can you be more explanatory
when the url break or something it display this.

Re: Error 404 - Page Not Found by UCHEUKAGWU(m): 8:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
Are you trying to say that you need a .htaccess script to handle error 404?

Joel3:

i am getting this error

Re: Error 404 - Page Not Found by Joel3(m): 8:50pm On Oct 11, 2014
UCHEUKAGWU:
Are you trying to say that you need a .htaccess script to handle error 404?

Yes, already there is auto .htacess that is in the root directory. I need to reconfigure it but don't know how.
Re: Error 404 - Page Not Found by MrAnonymous: 10:07pm On Oct 11, 2014
1. What did you do before it started?
2. If you use wordpress, did you recently change your permalink settings?
3. What makes you certain that the problem is with your htaccess file?

If you're using a CMS, it is best you correct it from inside the software, because touching the htaccess file would only mean complicating things for yourself in future.
Re: Error 404 - Page Not Found by UCHEUKAGWU(m): 5:51pm On Oct 12, 2014
Place this code in your .htaccess file

ErrorDocument 404 http://www.afridigit.net/

#Explaination the above script will redirect not found page to home page. If you want to redirect it to another page, specify the full url of that page. Change the www.afridigit.net to your own domain

Joel3:

Yes, already there is auto .htacess that is in the root directory. I need to reconfigure it but don't know how.
Re: Error 404 - Page Not Found by Joel3(m): 12:20pm On Oct 14, 2014
UCHEUKAGWU:
Place this code in your .htaccess file

ErrorDocument 404 http://www.afridigit.net/

#Explaination the above script will redirect not found page to home page. If you want to redirect it to another page, specify the full url of that page. Change the www.afridigit.net to your own domain

thanks man it work,

but how about the other type that says the page might have been move/ deleted or does not exist, click here to return to home page
Re: Error 404 - Page Not Found by UCHEUKAGWU(m): 2:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
I did not really get you can i see a sample page

Joel3:

thanks man it work,

but how about the other type that says the page might have been move/ deleted or does not exist, click here to return to home page

(1) (Reply)

Pros And Cons Of Buying Facebook Likes & Twitter Followers / Donation Integration On Website.. How? / Do You Know How To Use Wapego.com?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.