Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,777 members, 7,806,142 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 12:04 PM

How Do You Rate A Blog's Success - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / How Do You Rate A Blog's Success (617 Views)

Rate A Nairalanders Website / How To Setup And Start A Blog / How To Utilize Traffic Exchanges For Blog Success (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do You Rate A Blog's Success by Rhymeyjohn: 2:28pm On Oct 11, 2014
The hype about blogging, especially as a quick way of receiving online bucks made many folks rush into it. Few made it financially, but many more got discouraged, as they later found out their attempts at blogging was based solely on 'money infatuation'.
I started blogging little over a year ago, and its been quite a revealing. So, how do I know am making progress, or on what yardstick do I measure blog success- Page views, number of original content post, alexa ranking, or the money
I believe blogging should not be done solely for money, but based on passion. Generally passion and hard work makes the money come. Your comments please
Re: How Do You Rate A Blog's Success by Dan1cole(m): 6:53pm On Oct 11, 2014
True ... But then the blog funding is aan issue.
Re: How Do You Rate A Blog's Success by cheavroi(m): 7:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
You have raised many issues but I will simply go to your many question which is "how do you measure the rate of a blog success"? Now I may not know the whole answer because ofcourse it depends on certain factors so I'm going to assume the following.

1. The blog is a personal blog

So how do you measure the success?

1. How many repeat visitors do you get?
2. How many comment?
3. How many people will click on an advert
cos of you.
4. How many people are willing to give their emails in exchange for an offer on your site

I could go on but I hope you get the gist.

1 Like

Re: How Do You Rate A Blog's Success by naijarates(m): 12:27am On Oct 12, 2014
Hw useful is the info u provide? Hw many returning visitors do u have?
Re: How Do You Rate A Blog's Success by cheavroi(m): 11:06am On Oct 12, 2014
I don't run a personal blog. I run a business blog. They are two different things.

(1) (Reply)

Please Help / Hostnigeria.com And Hostnigeria.com.ng Are They The Same Person? / Forget Video Tutorials! Go For 1on1 Training.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.