Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,725 members, 7,805,969 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:30 AM

The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" (15865 Views)

''Jesus' Holiness, Saint Daniel MyeriJesu'' (A Reverend's Change Of Name) / 7 Importance Of Holiness / Here Is A List Of Churches That Has Derailed In The Message Of Holiness. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Boomark(m): 10:50am On Oct 18, 2014
honeychild:

it's called reading the Bible as a cohesive whole. NOT CHERRY PICKING but accepting everything it says. This debate is actually quite silly. And as far as I can see the "FAITH ONLY" proponents are just looking for an excuse to continue in their sinful lifestyle. Like the COZA pastor, you want to exist in a new level of grace. Jesus has one answer for such:
"Get away from me, you WORKERS of iniquity!"

Anyone who wants to read the Bible as a cohesive whole will come to a simple conclusion: You needo FAITH in Jesus Christ to come into a relationship with God. But you need works of holiness and righteousness to REMAIN in that relationship.

Good works alone cannot save. BUT FAITH, along with works of iniquity will certainly not save either.

Beautifully said.

The confusion lies in not understanding what the "predestined" means.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Boomark(m): 11:57am On Oct 18, 2014
shdemidemi:

That is where the mistake or the error is. We do not like free gifts as men, we like it the hard way. How does the gospel of the grace of God encourage licentiousness! It does not, it humbles man and put man in a position where he can look at God as a God of mercy.

All God is saying through grace is that you are not under any yoke to obey, but He wants you to obey out of your own volition. He will not save anyone because they are good, come to think of it- no one is good.

The only man(Job) that claimed to be good and upright spoke like a fool when his defences were broken down by God. The same God showed mercy to jacob even before he was born and hated Esau, two boys from the same womb. If we were to judge by works, Esau should be God's favourite but God chose that deceiver called Jacob by grace.

The prodigal son, how the father should have made him a servant when he arrived. But, no. He was celebrated by the father and the supposed good boy was not part of the feast when the time came cos he was offended. Works v grace.

By works the children of Israel could not get into the promise land but by faith the ones below maturity seized that land.

Sis, no man is perfect. We are all a WORK-IN-PROGRESS.

Have you considered Jacob as someone, who, when without knowledge can deceive and steal, but when receives the truth will remain committed to God. Have you also considered Esau as someone that will not make such commitment when he receives the truth. God knows what he saw in them.

Have you considered the prodigal son(bad boy) and his good brother? The bad boy forsook his evil works, returned and was celebrated as a son. The good one conceived evil works in his heart and was not part of the celebration. One does not live in iniquity and expect God to celebrate him as a son just because you made a confession faith.

It is very easy for the whole world to make such confession of faith and go back to their evil ways believing their faith have got them covered. Not all that call him Lord Lord will enter there but those who do the Will of the Father. You MUST do something. Calling him Lord is your faith alone but doing the will of the Father includes faith and good works.

It is Faith+GOOD work-in-progress not BAD work-in-progress or NO work-in-progress.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 12:26pm On Oct 18, 2014
^^I understand if you try to make a case for good behavior, I was like that too. I could not comprehend why God will save a sinner, impute righteousness he did not work for in him, sanctify him, baptize him in his son and above all call him a saint all for the sake of what was done by Christ just because of something that seem so easy to do for you and I (not so easy for some to comprehend the whole Christ story you know).

Paul emphasized on the issue of these two sons in Romans 9 because it was difficult for his listeners to understand what he was on about with this grace teaching. They also saw it as illogical and outlandish to what they were use to hence the reason why Paul continued expanding on the same thing from chapter 3.

He put the spot light on Rebecca and her twin babies. Two kids born on the same day from the same womb, so no one could say they were favored because of their parent since they had the same parent.

Romans 9
10 Not only that, but when Rebekah had conceived children by one man, our ancestor Isaac— 11 even before they were born or had done anything good or bad (so that God’s purpose in election would stand, not by works but by his calling)— 12 it was said to her, “The older will serve the younger,” 13 just as it is written: “Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.”

See the emphasised to see God did not favor the younger by anything he had done or would do.

14 What shall we say then? Is there injustice with God? Absolutely not!

It really feels like injustice, doesn't it? The same reason why your senses feel it should be ' Faith+GOOD work-in-progress not BAD work-in-progress or NO work-in-progress'. The bible says otherwise, it says no work done at all for election.

15 For he says to Moses: “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” 16 So then, it does not depend on human desire or exertion, but on God who shows mercy.

I believe these verses says it all if you will only let the scripture guide your thinking.

" it does not depend on human desire or exertion, but on God who shows mercy" so says the Lord. Hard to believe but true.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 6:31am On Oct 20, 2014
jdilight:

You don't understand the Op. This all I have been trying to say in all my post. It is God that does his righteous work in man but man must have the ingredient from which the work must be done by God. That a plant has its root in the soil means nothing except the soil has the nutrients the plant requires. When you have what works holiness in you, you live holy without doing anything.

Do you have God in you?

Do you still sin?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 6:39am On Oct 20, 2014
Bidam:
You are being untruthful here. We have argued this issue with italo, not only me but with others as well for long.

It is very clear that italo believes justification is by works.His posts reflects that.

It is very clear that the Holy Spirit believes justification is by works. James 2:clearly says that

However, we are saved by God's grace alone. Faith and works are our necessary response to this.

Vest is not being untruthful about my views.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 6:43am On Oct 20, 2014
Bidam:
The evidence is good works. The argument with italo is that salvation is gotten by works, this is unscriptural. Human works of any kind are not the means of obtaining eternal life.

Read Roman 9:11, Eph 2:8-9, 2 tim 1:9;Titus 3-3-7.

Justification, the forgiveness of sins and eternal life are by the obedience of ONE-Jesus Christ.

God will NOT share His glory with another and salvation by works put God in a position of debt to sinners. Salvation is a FREE GIFT by the grace of God without works.

The fact that you have to lie against me says a lot about your heresy.

It needs lies as the bold to defend it.

Show me where I ever said the bold.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 9:56am On Oct 20, 2014
italo:

It is very clear that the Holy Spirit believes justification is by works. James 2:clearly says that

However, we are saved by God's grace alone. Faith and works are our necessary response to this.

Vest is not being untruthful about my views.

How you conveniently stick to one verse as the champion and major verse that anchors your entire christian walk as regards salvation. I can imagine the uncertainty you have about meeting Jesus at the end. I wonder if you can achieve all that the 'works' desire from you. The greatest work was the work of a man that laid his life down for his enemies, can you match that? even for a friend, will you agree to be killed so they might live! Can you pay back the debt you owe God by the supposed good works you think you can muster?

Look at that book of Philemon, it is like a shadow of what and who we are in God. Philemon happen to be a rich pastor of a church that holds in his house. He had a slave called Onesimus who stole from him and ran away. What an abomination that was in those days. A definite death sentence awaits such slave if found by the master. He did not only run away from the master, he also stole from him.

Onesimus met Paul, in other words, he became a christian. Integrity demands that Paul sends Onesimus back to Philemon. Paul asked for Onsimus to be forgiven, he also asked of Philemon to put the debt of Onesimus in his (Paul) account, with the mutual knowledge that Philemon is also a debtor to him.

As small as that book is, it is filled with what you need to know about God's mind and God's judgement in this dispensation of grace. Please check it out.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 10:28am On Oct 20, 2014
@italo
As for the issue of James, without sounding condescending, I hope you will forgive me if it does, you might not know who this particular James is. He is the half brother of Jesus that never believed who Jesus was until after resurrection. James became a man of reputation within the Jewish circle of believers. So, all the temple worship and works of the law mixed with the gospel of Christ was still on, very much on full throttle.

The same james was the person Apostle Paul confronted alongside Cephas(Peter) in the book of Galatians. After their meeting, they had a mutual agreement, which states-
Galatians 2
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Heathen here means non-Israelites/Gentiles and they went to the Circumcised- the Jews.

Every member of the present church today was begotten by this gospel of grace (preached by Paul by the inspiration of the Spirit of God) unto salvation to all that will believe. The only agenda God has for salvation for all gentiles rest in this gospel of grace. We cannot be saved by anything else but by God's mercy.

Peter eventually came to the realization of this truth when he pointed people to Paul's message for salvation in a book he wrote just before he was martyred (2 Peter).

In other words we majorly and primarily get our christian doctrines from the 13 books written by Apostle Paul. Does that mean we should not read other portions of scripture, absolutely not! But the bible says we must rightly divide the word to know who, where, why a statement is made in every part of scripture so we don't get tossed by all wind of doctrine. Like you know, we have countless doctrines in scripture, some will say 'go and pray on the top of a mount' replicating Peter at transfiguration to hear or see God, should this be a doctrine? No. Some will say Moses took off his shoes when he spoke to God so we must take off our shoes when we go to church, should that be a doctrine either? absolutely not!

Some things are written to us so we can know, learn and understand God in different dimensions, but we must not mix these other things with the doctrine to be applied in the day to day affairs of a christian.

James letter was well addressed to his audience, it was to the scattered Jews that were chased out from Jerusalem. We can learn from the book but we must decipher what and what directly applies to us in such books with the epistles to the church in hind sight.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 10:57am On Oct 20, 2014
shdemidemi:

How you conveniently stick to one verse as the champion and major verse that anchors your entire christian walk as regards salvation. I can imagine the uncertainty you have about meeting Jesus at the end. I wonder if you can achieve all that the 'works' desire from you. The greatest work was the work of a man that laid his life down for his enemies, can you match that? even for a friend, will you agree to be killed so they might live! Can you pay back the debt you owe God by the supposed good works you think you can muster?

Look at that book of Philemon, it is like a shadow of what and who we are in God. Philemon happen to be a rich pastor of a church that holds in his house. He had a slave called Onesimus who stole from him and ran away. What an abomination that was in those days. A definite death sentence awaits such slave if found by the master. He did not only run away from the master, he also stole from him.

Onesimus met Paul, in other words, he became a christian. Integrity demands that Paul sends Onesimus back to Philemon. Paul asked for Onsimus to be forgiven, he also asked of Philemon to put the debt of Onesimus in his (Paul) account, with the mutual knowledge that Philemon is also a debtor to him.

As small as that book is, it is filled with what you need to know about God's mind and God's judgement in this dispensation of grace. Please check it out.

Lies go roundabout. Truth goes straightforward.

What rubbish are you mumbling up there?

James 2:24 says man is justified by works.

Go and challenge St. James.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 11:00am On Oct 20, 2014
I leave you in peace my brother.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 11:01am On Oct 20, 2014
shdemidemi:
@italo
As for the issue of James, without sounding condescending, I hope you will forgive me if it does, you might not know who this particular James is. He is the half brother of Jesus that never believed who Jesus was until after resurrection. James became a man of reputation within the Jewish circle of believers. So, all the temple worship and works of the law mixed with the gospel of Christ was still on, very much on full throttle.

The same james was the person Apostle Paul confronted alongside Cephas(Peter) in the book of Galatians. After their meeting, they had a mutual agreement, which states-
Galatians 2
9 And when James, Cephas, and John, who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that was given unto me, they gave to me and Barnabas the right hands of fellowship; that we should go unto the heathen, and they unto the circumcision.

Heathen here means non-Israelites/Gentiles and they went to the Circumcised- the Jews.

Every member of the present church today was begotten by this gospel of grace (preached by Paul by the inspiration of the Spirit of God) unto salvation to all that will believe. The only agenda God has for salvation for all gentiles rest in this gospel of grace. We cannot be saved by anything else but by God's mercy.

Peter eventually came to the realization of this truth when he pointed people to Paul's message for salvation in a book he wrote just before he was martyred (2 Peter).

In other words we majorly and primarily get our christian doctrines from the 13 books written by Apostle Paul. Does that mean we should not read other portions of scripture, absolutely not! But the bible says we must rightly divide the word to know who, where, why a statement is made in every part of scripture so we don't get tossed by all wind of doctrine. Like you know, we have countless doctrines in scripture, some will say 'go and pray on the top of a mount' replicating Peter at transfiguration to hear or see God, should this be a doctrine? No. Some will say Moses took off his shoes when he spoke to God so we must take off our shoes when we go to church, should that be a doctrine either? absolutely not!

Some things are written to us so we can know, learn and understand God in different dimensions, but we must not mix these other things with the doctrine to be applied in the day to day affairs of a christian.

James letter was well addressed to his audience, it was to the scattered Jews that were chased out from Jerusalem. We can learn from the book but we must decipher what and what directly applies to us in such books with the epistles to the church in hind sight.

Are you trying to twist James 2:24 "man is justified by works?"

Why not just add "not" between "is" and "justified?"

Instead of the garbage you have up there.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 11:02am On Oct 20, 2014
shdemidemi:
I leave you in peace my brother.

Leave James 2:24 in peace.

"Man is justified by works."

Don't twist it.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 12:30pm On Oct 20, 2014
italo:

Do you have God in you?

Do you still sin?

Am God already
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 12:32pm On Oct 20, 2014
italo:

Leave James 2:24 in peace.

"Man is justified by works."

Don't twist it.

Work is evidence of our justification. A dog is configured to bark, so is a child of God configured to do good at the new birth. The good we do don't make us born again but the born again make us do go.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 1:02pm On Oct 20, 2014
jdilight:

Am God already

You are not God my brother.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by Ubenedictus(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2014
I just lost my post that i painstakingly typed on my phone so i'll be straight to the point.

This is an interesting calvinism.
PastorOluT:
It is of a great concern in the Christendom today, the great harm the so called "prosperity and name it and claim it" preachers are doing to the body of Christ, but it is also to be noted that the so called "holiness" preachers are doing equal harm. This set of men propound man made rules and doctrines which brings fear and bondage, because their adherents can never measure up.
amen!

We are saved by grace through faith in Christ Jesus, and not by works which is just a manifestation of our new kind of life. Our works is just like the fruits of a tree, the tree makes the fruit
amen,
i always enjoyed the word "we are saved by grace thru faith and not by our works that anyman should boast", i think it should be the bedrock of any salvation theology.

and not the other way round.

this is usually where i have a different thought, we are saved by grace thru faith, but we are also saved FOR work, and God planned that we do works for the begining, i hate to put it this way, but the scriptures seems to say we were saved so that we will neccessarily do work, it was one of the reasons we were created!...

I love the parallel you drew with the "tree and fruit", it made me remember the parable of the vine in d gospel of john, i believe u remember it, "I am the vine you are the branches,... he who is in me and I in him bears fruit in plenty,... cut off from me you can do nothing", i believe that is a good example of our christian lives, we have been added (grafted) to the vine when we became regenerated, born anew, born from above, born again AND we were created TO bear bear fruits, infact the reason we are tended and pruned and manured and fertilized was to make us be fruitful. Actually if we bear not fruits we will be cut off and used for firewood.

You are right that the tree makes the fruits, the fruits also ensure that the branch is still hanging on the vine.

So also our new life in Christ Jesus makes us do good works, but our good works can never make us have the life of Christ.
the goodworks ensure we continue to have a life in christ, 'cos the barren tree is burnt down, the barren branch is cut down and the sour vineyard is distroyed.

And i am not making that stuff up
Christianity is spiritual and not sensual or a set of dos and don'ts as some makes it look, we received and live a new kind of life as we are being constantly led by the spirit, which is superior and unlike the first life.

i belive i understand what you mean to say, holiness isn't some stuff we earn by our power or good intention, it is a freegift of God given to us when we were reborn and nurtured in us by the holyspirit. Holiness isn't the stuff we do, it is the superabundant righteousness of Jesus himself gratuitiously given to us by God and paid for on calvary.

I also believe it is not a white invisible lump we carry around like a baggage, it is actually given to us in our innermost being, in our "soul" if you like, i believe God has given it to us even as he pour out his love on us thru the holyspirit (rm cool. This gift isn't just there, it is proactive, affect our decisions and actions, working in us, even to work, to do and to accomplish. It is mainly in this sense that we are called "holy, saints and righteous", but there is something missing in your post, we actually must accept this gift and work with it...we must be docile to the work of the holyspirit, we must bring this gift out and manifest it. The epistle of John also say he who does righteous things is rightous and i believe that is where the "holiness pastors" score a point.

What use is a gift that isn't put in use, if i was given some good stuff and i keep in locked in a box then it is no use to me. The holiness pastor atleast make an attempt (though they teach it wrongly) to actually ask that we use the good stuff. You on the other hand know about this gift but you are hardly inspiring people to make use of it.

Sorry but i think both theology is deficient, his will make people try to do good thing by their own will, and yours will make people think it is allright whether or not they actually let this gift shine.

Have a nice day.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by brilapluz(m): 7:10am On Oct 21, 2014
@Ubenedictus,I believe what you and PastorOluT is saying is Still the same thing...he even used "used the bearing of fruit" concept 2 explain it beta of which you also acknowledged.... its like wat someone else in Dis thread quite clearly said....a dog is programmed 2 'bark'...its in its DNA to bark..same wit a believer who believes in God...his/her faith in God instantaneously or automatically produces Good fruits....one leads to another....

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 8:14am On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

You are not God my brother.

You can't tell me who I am. God said I am a God so what you say of me means nothing. I know who I am.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 9:42am On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

You can't tell me who I am. God said I am a God so what you say of me means nothing. I know who I am.

Do you know the origin of how men became god? If you do you will never allude to being God. Who was the first person that wanted to be God, wasn't it Lucifer! By that, he got his judgement.

Who was the second that aspired to be God? Man. This happened through the woman when she was told she will know good and evil like God. She and her husband became gods the day they ate the fruit. They died in the Almighty God and they were pushed out of God.

When you are pushed out of God, you become devil's property. They got what was promised by the devil in the sense that, man can now determine what is good and what is bad. They became gods outside God. What does the bible think about any other God aside from Himself.
Jer 10:11
Thus shall you say to them: “The gods who did not make the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under the heavens.”

Any god that did not create heaven and earth shall perish. Perish means condemned.

My brother, we have to submit to God and His will concerning our lives so we don't allure curses and God's wrath in to our lives.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 9:55am On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

Do you know the origin of how men became god? If you do you will never allude to being God. Who was the first person that wanted to be God, wasn't it Lucifer! By that, he got his judgement.

Who was the second that aspired to be God? Man. This happened through the woman when she was told she will know good and evil like God. She and her husband became gods the day they ate the fruit. They died in the Almighty God and they were pushed out of God.

When you are pushed out of God, you become devil's property. They got what was promised by the devil in the sense that, man can now determine what is good and what is bad. They became gods outside God. What does the bible think about any other God aside from Himself.
Jer 10:11
Thus shall you say to them: “The gods who did not make the heavens and the earth shall perish from the earth and from under the heavens.”

Any god that did not create heaven and earth shall perish. Perish means condemned.

My brother, we have to submit to God and His will concerning our lives so we don't allure curses and God's wrath in to our lives.

God told me in Psalm 82:6 that I am a God. He told me how I became a God in John 1:13. Jesus my elder brother confirm same to me in John10:35, who then are you to tell me who I am.

I know who I am. I am a God. The word which create all things has created a God out of me.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 10:14am On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

God told me in Psalm 82:6 that I am a God. He told me how I became a God in John 1:13. Jesus my elder brother confirm same to me in John10:35, who then are you to tell me who I am.

I know who I am. I am a God. The word which create all things has created a God out of me.

You see! I should have known the mistake sprouted from psalm 82.

Psalm 82:6 was where God called the divinely appointed judges in Israel 'gods'. This indicated God Himself sits in judgement on those who He has appointed.

No christian or a child of God is a god or God, we are all sons and heirs. You won't find a place where a believer of Jesus Christ is called a god...never!

Jesus also called the jews (most likely their leaders) gods, not in a good sense of the word; because he had earlier told them they were not part of him.

John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

As for john1:13, I can't find where it calls anyone God, I saw sons of God.

John 1
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of (the will)God.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 10:40am On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

You see! I should have known the mistake sprouted from psalm 82.

Psalm 82:6 was where God called the divinely appointed judges in Israel 'gods'. This indicated God Himself sits in judgement on those who He has appointed.

No christian or a child of God is a god or God, we are all sons and heirs. You won't find a place where a believer of Jesus Christ is called a god...never!

Jesus also called the jews (most likely their leaders) gods, not in a good sense of the word; because he had earlier told them they were not part of him.

John 10:26 But ye believe not, because ye are not of my sheep, as I said unto you.

As for john1:13, I can't find where it calls anyone God, I saw sons of God.

John 1
12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:

13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of (the will)God.

If you believe psalm 82 is for appointed judges, that is fine. Then know that before I was born He appointed me a prophet unto the nations and sanctified me for this purpose. Psalm 82:6 is not talking of appointment but of birth. Children are born not appointed.

John 3:6 If that which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit, how do you want that which is born of God (1:13) not to be God. While is it hard to understand. Like begets like.

When Jesus affirmed the position of man as a God through the same word that created all. For through him was all thing created, therefore by this affirmation of Him he created a God out of me.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 11:46am On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

If you believe psalm 82 is for appointed judges, that is fine. Then know that before I was born He appointed me a prophet unto the nations and sanctified me for this purpose. Psalm 82:6 is not talking of appointment but of birth. Children are born not appointed.

This is where basic fundamentals of the christian faith is important. Psalm 82 is not a doctrine to christians, it does not directly apply to you, you need to rightly divide the word to know where you belong.

You are not a prophet, you are not a part of the earthly nation of Israel. You are a Gentile who was never a part of the Israel economy.
Ephesians 2
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

You must realise you have a far better promise in God as a Gentile. You became reconciled to God on the back of the death burial and resurrection of Christ.

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

jdilight:

John 3:6 If that which is born of the flesh is flesh and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit, how do you want that which is born of God (1:13) not to be God. While is it hard to understand. Like begets like.

You don't quite get what this is saying. Like definitely beget like. How did we get our flesh? We got it through Adam(flesh) after the fall. Adam was dead spiritually so he procreated spiritually dead offsprings. But by accepting Christ (Spirit), the spirit that died after Adam fell is made alive/regenerates and we also get an indwelling Spirit of God in us.

It does not mean we completely become God or Spirit. It only means we now have a new spirit in us.

jdilight:

When Jesus affirmed the position of man as a God through the same word that created all. For through him was all thing created, therefore by this affirmation of Him he created a God out of me.

This is your own inference, no scriptural underpin whatsoever.

2 Likes

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 12:47pm On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

This is where basic fundamentals of the christian faith is important. Psalm 82 is not a doctrine to christians, it does not directly apply to you, you need to rightly divide the word to know where you belong.

You are not a prophet, you are not a part of the earthly nation of Israel. You are a Gentile who was never a part of the Israel economy.
Ephesians 2
11 Wherefore remember, that ye being in time past Gentiles in the flesh, who are called Uncircumcision by that which is called the Circumcision in the flesh made by hands;

12 That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:

You must realise you have a far better promise in God as a Gentile. You became reconciled to God on the back of the death burial and resurrection of Christ.

13 But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.

You don't quite get what this is saying. Like definitely beget like. How did we get our flesh? We got it through Adam(flesh) after the fall. Adam was dead spiritually so he procreated spiritually dead offsprings. But by accepting Christ (Spirit), the spirit that died after Adam fell is made alive/regenerates and we also get an indwelling Spirit of God in us.

It does not mean we completely become God or Spirit. It only means we now have a new spirit in us.

This is your own inference, no scriptural underpin whatsoever.

When you quoted the above scripture, you left Ephesians 2:19 "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God". I am a fellowcitzen with the saint not with Israel, am a member of the household of God not the household of Israel.

No man is a sinner by the reason of Adam's sin. Everyone that comes into the world carry the Spirit of God in him (John 1:9) till he/she sin. We didn't get your flesh/spirit from Adam. Adam did not give man half or quater of his spirit. Man is a spirit from God who came through Adam. Jesus said call no man on earth your father. All Jesus was teaching is to direct us to our real Father. This is what angered the Jews, they couldn't comprehend how man can be God.

Believe it or not am a complete spirit and a God. How can you go to tell the son of king he is not a prince. You may have logic to prove it, but a son who knows himself, knows who he is. You talk of what you read(hear), I talk of what I have seen and what my hands has handled of the word of God.

Get it imprinted in mind that am a God and a Spirit.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 1:03pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

Am God already

They are "yes or no" questions.

Do you have God in you?

Do you still sin?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 1:06pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

Work is evidence of our justification. A dog is configured to bark, so is a child of God configured to do good at the new birth. The good we do don't make us born again but the born again make us do go.

"Man is justified by his works."

Do you agree or disagree with St. James?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 1:18pm On Oct 21, 2014
italo:

They are "yes or no" questions.

Do you have God in you?

Do you still sin?

Do God sin? I am a God.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 1:24pm On Oct 21, 2014
italo:

"Man is justified by his works."

Do you agree or disagree with St. James?

I said work is an evidence of justification. Can you do work if your not justified. This is while people will tell you that the spirit is willing but flesh weak because they don't know how to do the work of righteousness. If you try doing the work you will fail. It is God in you that does the work. If Christ himself can say "of myself I can do nothing", how do you think you can.

You can't do the work until God empowers you to do. Try to understand the writer of the bible. Jesus is the message, if your interpretation does not show Christ as the way, your on the wrong track. I tell people, if you don't understand the teachings of Christ Apostle Paul will confuse you.
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by shdemidemi(m): 1:54pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

When you quoted the above scripture, you left Ephesians 2:19 "Now therefore ye are no more strangers and foreigners but fellowcitizens with the saints, and of the household of God". I am a fellowcitzen with the saint not with Israel, am a member of the household of God not the household of Israel.

That makes no difference to what was earlier alluded. Now,the statement that you are not a prophet nor God or god still stand. You are a saint, not before the passion of Christ but after His resurrection.

jdilight:

No man is a sinner by the reason of Adam's sin. Everyone that comes into the world carry the Spirit of God in him (John 1:9) till he/she sin.
Have you ever come across this verse-
Romans 5
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

John 10:9 talked about Jesus as being the illuminator and not spirit.

jdilight:
Everyone that comes into the world carry the Spirit of God in him (John 1:9) till he/she sin

Did Adam die the day he ate the fruit in the garden of Eden? God said Adam will die the day he eats it.

If he did die, how did he die, physically or spiritually?

jdilight:

We didn't get your flesh/spirit from Adam. Adam did not give man half or quater of his spirit. Man is a spirit from God who came through Adam.

I hope you agree we are all offsprings of Adam. The bible say
Genesis 5
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Adam procreated a like of himself hence
Romans 5
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

jdilight:

Jesus said call no man on earth your father. All Jesus was teaching is to direct us to our real Father. This is what angered the Jews, they couldn't comprehend how man can be God.

'father' as used here does not mean you can't call your biological dad 'father'. Abraham is also the father of faith. Context matter, I won't go in to details with this.
jdilight:

Believe it or not am a complete spirit and a God. How can you go to tell the son of king he is not a prince. You may have logic to prove it, but a son who knows himself, knows who he is. You talk of what you read(hear), I talk of what I have seen and what my hands has handled of the word of God.
Get it imprinted in mind that am a God and a Spirit.

The Word of God stands far ahead of any experience you might have mustered. Your experience(s) remain personal to you, they can't and shouldn't be a standard to replace the written Word of God. Experiences do come and go, the Word remains and it remains INHERENT forever.

1 Like

Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 2:53pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

I said work is an evidence of justification. Can you do work if your not justified. This is while people will tell you that the spirit is willing but flesh weak because they don't know how to do the work of righteousness. If you try doing the work you will fail. It is God in you that does the work. If Christ himself can say "of myself I can do nothing", how do you think you can.

You can't do the work until God empowers you to do. Try to understand the writer of the bible. Jesus is the message, if your interpretation does not show Christ as the way, your on the wrong track. I tell people, if you don't understand the teachings of Christ Apostle Paul will confuse you.

Dear hypocrite, do you agree or disagree with St. James when he says "man is justified by works?"
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by italo: 3:05pm On Oct 21, 2014
jdilight:

Do God sin? I am a God.

God doesn't sin.

What about you, protestant, do you sin?
Re: The So Called Preaching Of "Holiness" by jdilight(m): 3:13pm On Oct 21, 2014
shdemidemi:

That makes no difference to what was earlier alluded. Now,the statement that you are not a prophet nor God or god still stand. You are a saint, not before the passion of Christ but after His resurrection.

Have you ever come across this verse-
Romans 5
12 Wherefore, as by one man sin entered into the world, and death by sin; and so death passed upon all men, for that all have sinned:

John 10:9 talked about Jesus as being the illuminator and not spirit.

Did Adam die the day he ate the fruit in the garden of Eden? God said Adam will die the day he eats it.

If he did die, how did he die, physically or spiritually?

I hope you agree we are all offsprings of Adam. The bible say
Genesis 5
3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth:

Adam procreated a like of himself hence
Romans 5
19 For as by one man's disobedience many were made sinners, so by the obedience of one shall many be made righteous.

'father' as used here does not mean you can't call your biological dad 'father'. Abraham is also the father of faith. Context matter, I won't go in to details with this.

The Word of God stands far ahead of any experience you might have mustered. Your experience(s) remain personal to you, they can't and shouldn't be a standard to replace the written Word of God. Experiences do come and go, the Word remains and it remains INHERENT forever.

As I said earlier, yo can't pass the lies that has been told you for ages to me. I know who I am, am a God. Believe it or not, I am of the race of God. I have been translated to the kingdom of God. I don't expect you to understand anywhere because we are of different mind. I carry the mind of mine race (God). When Jesus declared his Godship, the people fought him because it is not comprehensible to this mind. I don't expect something different.

Yes I have read Roman 5:12, it said and I quote you "sin entered into the world" I didn't see it say "sin entered into man or Adam" That sin entered into the world means anyone who enters the world can contact it. But if it said sin entered into man or Adam it would have mean Adam will pass it on to man at birth. But praise God sin entered into the world not man.

how can the words of Jesus be spirits if Jesus himself is not a Spirit. You can not comprehend this things yet my brother.

When I asked God about Genesis 5:3 He told me Adam has no image nor likeness. That the image Adam had was His and that is what all men has.

Many were made sinner as they can be made righteous. The same process that bring the sin is the same that take it. In one of my encounter with God. He said to me, "the way out of a prison is through the entrance". You can't take another way out of a prison. The same way we became sinners is the same way be will be righteous. We were made sinners not born sinners.

Who you are means nothing until you know. In luke 9:55, these men did not know whom they were as many Christian don't. John had his head chopped of because he didn't know he carried the spirit of Elijah. Jesus did not know the true personality as a son of God till he came out of the wilderness.

Am not talking about experience but the word. Until you know whom you are, you will die a no body. Satan is not after you, but after your Identity.

Do you know the first temptation he gave Jesus? it was on his identity as the son of God.

I know whom I heard and I know what I heard. If your not comfortable with it, that is your business. I am a God, am a Spirit being according to the order of the Most High God.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Deliverance Ministry Shares Free Food At Onitsha Petrol Station (Photos) / The Most Important Type of Tithe / Lady Gives Birth At Joshua Iginla's Church In Abuja, Receives N200k From Pastor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 154
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.