Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,957 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:05 PM

Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama (14762 Views)

President Buhari With President Mahama In Ghana Today / Tinubu Mustn’t Influence New Ooni’s Selection – George / President Jonathan With President Mahama Of Ghana At State House (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Wale112(m): 4:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nigeria has nothing to fear from Ghana or her other West African countries, and so must open her markets to her neighbours without any prohibitions, ECOWAS Chair John Mahama has said.

According to the Ghanaian president, the yearly list of trade prohibitions published by Nigeria against Ghana and other West African neighbhours is counterproductive to the integration agenda of the sub-region.

“We need a West African clearing house where we can clear our LCs and trade instruments to be able to move goods across our countries without prohibitions, and I keep telling my friend president Jonathan that that prohibition list that Nigeria publishes every year is a thing of the past”, the president of the world’s second-largest cocoa producing country said when spoke as the Guest of Honour at the launch of First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) in Accra Wednesday.

The Nigerian bank recently, wholly, acquired Ghana’s International Commercial Bank (ICB).

Using the opportunity to campaign for increased trading between Africa’s biggest economy and the world’s major gold producer, President Mahama said: “Nigeria has nothing to fear from Ghana, you are the largest economy in Africa. You must learn to compete with Ghana”.

“…Tell your Manufacturers’ Association of Nigerian that you have nothing to fear from Ghana; competition is good for both countries. Let us export the textiles into your country; let us export the processed goods into your country; and you export yours into ours; and I think that it’ll make our two countries stronger”, Mahama said.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=329745
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Nobody: 4:27pm On Oct 11, 2014
This man is using style to beg, sha. wink They always seem to be appealing to Nigeria for one thing or the other these days. I wonder where they'd be without us.

11 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Wale112(m): 4:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
ROSSIKE:
This man is using style to beg, sha. wink They always seem to be appealing to Nigeria for one thing or the other these days. I wonder where they'd be without us.

Nigerians fear Ghanaians too much what happen to Ecowas? grin

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ok
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by godofwar666(m): 4:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
Wale112:

Nigerians fear Ghanaians too much what happen to Ecowas? grin
fear who? We be brothers nah. grin
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by write2obi(m): 4:38pm On Oct 11, 2014
They should just admit it, they ar our kid brother grin
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by overhypedsteve(m): 4:56pm On Oct 11, 2014
Ghana must learn to be satisfied with what she have, Nigeria will not open up its 170million market base for a ghanian 30 mil market base its not competition at all. Imagine how reach Ghana would be if they could enjoy the large nigerian market, mahama never start to dey beg, make im kneel down, cus naija nor dey even hear am, i know this is some sort of diplomatic threat to the operation of the nigerian bank he himself is inaugurating, yea the ghanians are that crazy, them fit close that bank if their head touch.
[b]
Wale112:

which brand of generator do u use? undecided
i use a IMEX diesel generating plant at home and two Michano diesel sound proof generating plant for work. Yea Nigeria is a highly privatized state, i doubt if there is any African state that can prosper so well like Nigeria is doing under this conditions but still yet we re the pride of the black race everywhere, the dress Michelle obama wore to SA was made by a nigerian designer (with generator ) in lagos, the iceblock making machine and automated yam pounder being exported all over Africa by Nigeria is also being made with generators, your president wakes up everynight unable to perform in bed with his madam just because his mind is occupied with one thing " when will the generator republic ( 9ja ) open up its economy to us look at me do i even look like a president we can hardly afford a private jet, hmm! Jona! Pls help me nah, cant you see what i am wearing Jona pls help ur ghanian junior brothers" .[/b]

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by ChimaAdeoye: 4:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
[size=15pt]What about Ghana fearing Nigerians and deporting them in spite of ECOWAS free movement protocol?

We don't want any manufactured goods from Ghana. Let our factories produce them and offer employment to Nigerians. Who might otherwise have gone to Ghana which relishes deportation of Nigerians while depending on Nigerian money.

BTW, why don't they sell to their anti-Nigeria "partners" in South Africa? Or why aren't they complaining about not selling their crap in SA but will shout about Nigeria? Shameless lot!
[/size]

6 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Wale112(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
ChimaAdeoye:
What about Ghana fearing Nigerians and deporting them in spite of ECOWAS free movement protocol?

We don't want any manufactured goods from Ghana. Let our factories produce them and offer employment to Nigerians. Who might otherwise have gone to Ghana which relishes deportation of Nigerians while depending on Nigerian money.

When did Ghana deport Nigerians?
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Wale112(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Wale112(m): 5:02pm On Oct 11, 2014
write2obi:
They should just admit it, they ar our kid brother grin

Really? Kid brother who doesn't use generators in 2014 grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by musiwa95: 5:04pm On Oct 11, 2014
www.nairaland.com/attachments/1716169_460096segun12jpg4bfb4dc2f15478f82dd29518c3681c9d_jpegf7c5dbae160d29d06d1022a3570cc47f
[b][size=18pt]
His Royal Highness

oduwa Ade. Ade. Ade AdeMusiwa

House of Oduduwa
Emperor of Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria ( by International law)

did gambia stop to be a country when they form senegambia. when they form ecowas , did Ghana or Togo or ivory coast stop been a country.

It is like ecowas.. ecowas has a parliament. each country in ecowas is still a country.

Ecowas made a serious mistake that I believe should be corrected. By given nigeria more seat than other countries. Nigeria should have same seat. It should be 9 seat per the 17 countries of west africa. Western nigeria and the 16 countries.. Independent Western nigeria seat at ecowas should be different from Nigeria.

There is no way, benin republic, Ghana, senegal , ivory coast, liberia should have less seat than nigeria..

Nobody does that.. And ecowas need to change it seating to make all 17 countries within ecowas have equal number of seat irrespective of their population.. This way they have equal number of voice.

It was the same mistake ecowas made that happen..

Nigeria illegally occupy Independent Country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria. the same way Ecowas is making a big mistake.. You can see the list of the central bank governors..

Nigeria has 35 seats, Ghana 8, Côte d'Ivoire 7, while Burkina Faso, Guinea, Mali, Niger and Senegal have 06 seats each. Other countries: Benin, Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Togo have 05 seats each

this is what happen, before you know it, Nigeria claim.. That Independent Country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria is no more a country. It close down all embassy, Nigeria joint the police force together.. Nigeria close down passport office.. and join the army without the permission of Independent Country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria and anyone who oppose nigeria were jailed or killed.. This is what happen in history.

So ecowas is making a big mistake.. Underrating nigeria intention, they will fall victim like Independent Country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria. Nigeria can not be trusted.

The correct thing is to have the seat amended base on equal number of seat of 9 each per member.. If not ecowas will end up like Independent country of the Kingdom of Western Nigeria

Nigeria having 9 seats,
Ghana having 9 seats,
Independent Western Nigeria having 9 seats
Côte d'Ivoire having 9 seats,
Burkina Faso having 9 seats,
Guinea having 9 seats,
Mali having 9 seats,
Niger having 9 seats
Senegal having 9 seats
Benin having 9 seats,
Cape Verde having 9 seats,
Gambia having 9 seats,
Guinea Bissau having 9 seats,
Liberia having 9 seats,
Sierra Leone having 9 seats
Togo having 9 seats

[/size][/b]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MeoHA_IyLgs&list=UUb87BDP4HGsiqBllDwiejIQ

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by musiwa95: 5:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
cool grin

And know some of you doubt if I am telling lie if Nigeria occupy the Independent Country of the kingdom of Western Nigeria. This is why the website of the nigeria police shows the first IG of police was 1964You think I am telling lies.. No , I am not.

oduwa musiwa(oduwa imasuen) the emperor and commander of the army

www.nairaland.com/attachments/1763797_untitled22_jpega3dcb31909a67627a5f781ad7bf18500

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by write2obi(m): 5:09pm On Oct 11, 2014
Wale112:

grin yes say what u know, I've been to Ghana and they only focus on supplying power to the developed areas while the undeveloped areas suffer while Nigeria on the other hand tried to share what we generate to both the rich and the poor. The power used in Ghana as a country, will not serve half of Lagos state, so chill kid brother grin

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Wale112(m): 5:11pm On Oct 11, 2014
write2obi:

grin yes say what u know, I've been to Ghana and they only focus on supplying power to the developed areas while the undeveloped areas suffer while Nigeria on the other hand tried to share what we generate to both the rich and the poor. The power used in Ghana as a country, will not serve half of Lagos state, so chill kid brother grin

fuckkkking Eba eater keep up with the lies

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by write2obi(m): 5:18pm On Oct 11, 2014
Wale112:

fuckkkking Eba eater keep up with the lies
grin oops! Did that hurt? The truth hurts. U claim to have constant electricity while almost 50% of u, ar still in darkness, stop dreaming and wake up to reality. God made us bigger for a reason "to lead u a helping hand wink "

Be4 i forget Eba is a good food, u should try it kiss

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by manck2: 5:20pm On Oct 11, 2014
write2obi:

who share what in Nigeria. there is no power for 2hours in a day in nigeria. everybody use generation set in nigeria.
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
Wale112:

Spare us your lies:

''Nigeria supplies Ghana gas; Power cuts in Ghana to reduce''

http://starrfmonline.com/1.1847628

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Nobody: 5:22pm On Oct 11, 2014
manck2:

who share what in Nigeria. there is no power for 2hours in a day in nigeria.

Shut your lying, diseased mouth, you nasty wretch. Soon we'll cut off your gas supply and you'll return to darkness. Dunce.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by write2obi(m): 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
manck2:

who share what in Nigeria. there is no power for 2hours in a day in nigeria. everybody use generation set in nigeria.
And large part of Ghana don't even know what electricity look like.

3 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Nobody: 5:25pm On Oct 11, 2014
write2obi:

And large part of Ghana don't even know what electricity look like.

True. Around half the country are not connected to the national grid at all. Strange thing is they are only 20 million people there, and they are the second largest producers of gold in Africa after SA, and the world's largest cocoa producer. And lately an oil and gas exporter. What the hell do they do with all their earnings? With their tiny population, they should be living like Kuwaitis and Saudis.

4 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by write2obi(m): 5:26pm On Oct 11, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Shut your lying, diseased mouth, you nasty wretch. Soon we'll cut off your gas supply and you'll return to darkness. Dunce.
No nawwww! no insults, don't forget they are our kid brother

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by write2obi(m): 5:32pm On Oct 11, 2014
ROSSIKE:

Around half the country is not connected to the national grid at all. Sad thing is they are only 20 million people there, and they are the second largest producers of gold in Africa after SA, and the world's largest cocoa producer. What the hell do they do with all their earnings?
That's what some people don't understand, they claim Ghana has constant power supply, not knowing that almost half of the country don't know what electricity is called cos they've never seen it all there life. While almost 90% of 170million nigerias has electricity even if its not constant.
I can compete with S.A but ghana? grin pls

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Nobody: 5:33pm On Oct 11, 2014
Wale112:
Nigeria has nothing to fear from Ghana or her other West African countries, and so must open her markets to her neighbours without any prohibitions, ECOWAS Chair John Mahama has said.

According to the Ghanaian president, the yearly list of trade prohibitions published by Nigeria against Ghana and other West African neighbhours is counterproductive to the integration agenda of the sub-region.

“We need a West African clearing house where we can clear our LCs and trade instruments to be able to move goods across our countries without prohibitions, and I keep telling my friend president Jonathan that that prohibition list that Nigeria publishes every year is a thing of the past”, the president of the world’s second-largest cocoa producing country said when spoke as the Guest of Honour at the launch of First Bank of Nigeria (FBN) in Accra Wednesday.

The Nigerian bank recently, wholly, acquired Ghana’s International Commercial Bank (ICB).

Using the opportunity to campaign for increased trading between Africa’s biggest economy and the world’s major gold producer, President Mahama said: “Nigeria has nothing to fear from Ghana, you are the largest economy in Africa. You must learn to compete with Ghana”.

“…Tell your Manufacturers’ Association of Nigerian that you have nothing to fear from Ghana; competition is good for both countries. Let us export the textiles into your country; let us export the processed goods into your country; and you export yours into ours; and I think that it’ll make our two countries stronger”, Mahama said.

http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/NewsArchive/artikel.php?ID=329745
this one is weeding seriously. we should open our doors to helpless ghanians while ur tacitly shoeing us outta ur country.

2 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by musiwa95: 5:41pm On Oct 11, 2014
[size=18pt]Look at the seat

Nigeria has 35 seats, Ghana 8, Côte d'Ivoire 7, while Burkina Faso, Guinea, Mali, Niger and Senegal have 06 seats each. Other countries: Benin, Cape Verde, Gambia, Guinea Bissau, Liberia, Sierra Leone and Togo have 05 seats each.

You have a case of Niger republic and Benin republic having 11 seat together. and nigeria having 35. making 46 seat.

the total number of seat is 115, and half of that is 58. If you minue 58 from 46.. You have 12 seat. what it means is that Nigeria just need 2 other west africa country to make all decision at ecowas and this is what is going on.. because 100% of the time Niger republic/Benin republic are going to vote the way nigeria vote . or do what nigeria tells them to do.[/size]

1 Like

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Nobody: 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
musiwa95:

this one is high on cheap weed,its soo cheap thats why you have made it ur 3sq meal. FYI seat allocation isnt by population but by economic contributions. Do you know how much each country contributes to the ECOWAS?
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by skyeboy98(m): 5:44pm On Oct 11, 2014
What do they have in ghana that they will export to nigeria? Am a nigerian presently in gh.ghana that is importing everything that they use from detergent to tablet soap,blade even the intestine that they eat are imported from china mumu country and they jealous naijas a lot very lazy poeple.the other time this same jdm said they want to start importing electrycity to nigeria,nonsense, do they have good electrycity in gh? The answer is no, apart from accra there are other regions that I ve been to where they don't even ve pole left alone electrycity, now is talking about fear of competition, with who? Ghana people that doesn't know how to do business left alon competition, I challenge jmd to tell me how many ghanians company that we have in nigeria? none, but so many nigerian companies in ghana to mention but few MAHOGANY that produce one of the funiture here in gh GLO,I challenge any ghanian hear to say what I have just said is lie then I will bring some prove out again,competition my foot

12 Likes

Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by musiwa95: 5:45pm On Oct 11, 2014
shocked
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by overhypedsteve(m): 5:58pm On Oct 11, 2014
Wale112:

undecided
you ve got a problem with my "G" isn't it a nice beautiful G.
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Wale112(m): 6:05pm On Oct 11, 2014
overhypedsteve:
you ve got a problem with my "G" isn't it a nice beautiful G.

which brand of generator do u use? undecided
Re: Nigeria Mustn’t Fear Competition From Ghana – President Mahama by Wale112(m): 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2014
Des0la:
that part of the article tells who is in charge in west africa.

Its a trap grin grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Owoseni Ajayi, Lawyer Writes Fayose, Demands N600m In Unpaid Legal Fees / Chris Isiguzo Thugs Hit Pregnant Journalist On Her Womb, NUJ Reacts / Senate Moves To Investigate N80 Billion Fraud In NDDC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.