Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,236 members, 7,780,450 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 02:41 PM

Biochemistry And Microbiology - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Biochemistry And Microbiology (15753 Views)

Discussion Room For Students Of Biochemistry And Health Sciences. / Urgently: What Is Biochemistry And Microbiology All About? / Biochemistry And Microbiology, Which One (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Samgreguc(m): 5:36am On Oct 31, 2014
giftforlife9:

bro am really really confuse oh, one is saying i should go for mcb, while the other is saying bch and anoda say i should switch to industrial chem. In university driect entry. You now as a mcb, what are your aims?
let give u an option again. . . Go for Industrial chem in d.e and do ur masters in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.
But, if u so love Medicine/Dentistry u can rewrite Jamb; That's what I did.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 8:35am On Oct 31, 2014
Samgreguc:

let give u an option again. . . Go for Industrial chem in d.e and do ur masters in Pharmaceutical Chemistry.

i like ind chem, pls that your friend that change to industrial chemistry can you tell me how ge did it
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Samgreguc(m): 9:27am On Oct 31, 2014
giftforlife9:

i like ind chem, pls that your friend that change to industrial chemistry can you tell me how ge did it
she just got d d.e form, wrote d exam then, waited for list.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 10:15am On Oct 31, 2014
Samgreguc:

she just got d d.e form, wrote d exam then, waited for list.
from which school, and whats d.e? sory for taking ur time
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Samgreguc(m): 11:21am On Oct 31, 2014
giftforlife9:
from which school, and whats d.e? sory for taking ur time
Fut mina from Kadpoly.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 31, 2014
Samgreguc:

Fut mina from Kadpoly.
SO I WILL JUST BUY THE FORN. HW MUCH FOR THE FORM. I DONT KNOW IF UNIBEN ACCEPT
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Samgreguc(m): 11:39am On Oct 31, 2014
giftforlife9:
SO I WILL JUST BUY THE FORN. HW MUCH FOR THE FORM. I DONT KNOW IF UNIBEN ACCEPT
JAMB are in charge of selling d.e form and check the brochure well to know if UNIBEN will accept.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 7:32am On Nov 01, 2014
Samgreguc:

JAMB are in charge of selling d.e form and check the brochure well to know if UNIBEN will accept.

ok sir i wil be back
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 12:50am On Nov 03, 2014
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 2:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
nwapastor:
What is MCH? A professional course is a course you can practice when you graduate like law, medicine, medical lab, physiotherapy, optometry, dentistry, teaching (NCE, BEd), Engr, Journalism (Mass Com), Theater arts, pharmacy, nursing etc On graduation, you get the license to practice. Like I said before after 1st degree one can always go for professional trainings /certificate courses with that one can practice any course these days.
I mean BCH. Thanks!
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 2:18pm On Nov 05, 2014
Drdonzeez:
the two has little job prospect most especially biochemistry
..why not go for a professional course?
Are u studying dentistry?
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by adegwurulez(m): 7:35pm On Nov 13, 2014
We did a biochemistry seminar last semester in my school and the guest speaker(A prof from Fut, i guess) told us that as biochemists in Nigeria, it is a bit difficult cos the Nation hasn't really advanced to that level of applying standard biochemical procedures in science and technology.

He advised us to move abroad after graduation for our M.sc in countries where biochemistry is appreciated and we'll appreciate the course.

I tell you this, Biochemistry is the best thing since sliced bread. Only that it isn't valued in Nigeria for obvious reason. It is also worthy to note that most universities in Nigeria introduced BCH not too long ago and maybe thats why most of the biochemistry lecturers in my school schooled abroad except for some of the young lecturers.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by chidiswt: 8:00am On Nov 14, 2014
Mehn! U v to go for medicine if u crave for medicine. If u crave for lab as in med lab go for mls. These days, microbiology are not recognized in d field of med lab der r some kinda rivalry going on in d minds f med lab scientist. My advice to u is go for microbiology if u want to bcom an industrialist in d field of biology. Eg breweries, pastries food productions, or foods generally etc. Biogas is anoda hook in microbiology aldoo its unda environmental mcb. As for bch its kul bu for we naija, hmm cnt rilly say much if u want to practice ur profession. Bch has alwys bn ahead of mcb. Bu we r talkin abou reality. D job opportunities here favours mcb to bch, xcept we aint talkin abou practicing we u studied
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 8:03am On Nov 14, 2014
giftforlife9:

am in my ond reading slt, can i switch to industrial chemisty through direct entry?
which school and wats ur gb
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 9:47am On Nov 14, 2014
elshaddai58:

which school and wats ur gb

am in a poly now nd 2 slt i want to switch to industrial chem. in university through direct entry
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by bukie26(f): 9:53am On Nov 14, 2014
Which of dz courses is MOST related to medicine? Lyk 4 sm1 dt jus wanna do one year nd ryt jamb again nd switch to medicine
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Pr0ton: 10:41am On Nov 14, 2014
bukie26:
Which of dz courses is MOST related to medicine? Lyk 4 sm1 dt jus wanna do one year nd ryt jamb again nd switch to medicine

BCH
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by bukie26(f): 12:12pm On Nov 14, 2014
Full meanin pls or dos dt min biochem?
Pr0ton:

BCH
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Samgreguc(m): 5:07pm On Nov 14, 2014
bukie26:
Full meanin pls or dos dt min biochem?
yea
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Pr0ton: 5:10am On Nov 15, 2014
Yh@bukie26
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by ritababe(f): 5:41am On Nov 19, 2014
giftforlife9:

am in a poly now nd 2 slt i want to switch to industrial chem. in university through direct entry

but what if u just go for microbiology instead of ind chem. There will be too many condition attach
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 1:09pm On Nov 20, 2014
ritababe:

but what if u just go for microbiology instead of ind chem. There will be too many condition attach

my sister money no dey microbiology thats why i want to cross to industrial chemistry.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Nobody: 9:37am On Nov 26, 2014
chidiswt:
Mehn! U v to go for medicine if u crave for medicine. If u crave for lab as in med lab go for mls. These days, microbiology are not recognized in d field of med lab der r some kinda rivalry going on in d minds f med lab scientist. My advice to u is go for microbiology if u want to bcom an industrialist in d field of biology. Eg breweries, pastries food productions, or foods generally etc. Biogas is anoda hook in microbiology aldoo its unda environmental mcb. As for bch its kul bu for we naija, hmm cnt rilly say much if u want to practice ur profession. Bch has alwys bn ahead of mcb. Bu we r talkin abou reality. D job opportunities here favours mcb to bch, xcept we aint talkin abou practicing we u studied

exactly my point
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by Ralph30: 3:14pm On Jan 17, 2015
They all need to see this
There is strong variations genotype along gender and age.
This university Thesis/ project report is what you need to see
click...
Gender and Age Variations of Haemoglobin Genotype among Ebonyi State University Students
http://uniprojectsearch.com/gender-age-hae…lobin-genotype/
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by PilotOz(m): 5:55am On Mar 07, 2015
nwapastor:
It all depends on what you want to be in life. I always wanted to be a lecturer (mission accomplished), so I could have studied any course provided I continue to at least PhD (which I did). If you want to work in the hospital/lab then go for SLT/MCB/BCH + NISLT. If you want to be in the industrial sector then Chemistry is better. But if you have people in high places then study any course, you can get any job. All things being equal professional courses are better (BCH/MCB r not professional courses) but u can always take certificate courses to professionalize. Get additional certificate(s), beside 1st degree and u'll always have advantage over others (all things being equal).

Chemistry is better than MCB and BCH while MCB is better than BCH but you can go for BCH if you really wanted medicine but couldn't get it.
Hello sir, i equally want to be a lecturer im passionate about it... And im currently anNCE Student, pls sir, which course should i major in to improve my chances of getting a lecturer position or even a graduate assistant for a start?? Am at cross roads choosing between an educational course like Bsc(ed) Biology or a non educational course like Bsc Microbiology.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by nwapastor: 2:20am On Mar 08, 2015
PilotOz:
Hello sir, i equally want to be a lecturer im passionate about it... And im currently anNCE Student, pls sir, which course should i major in to improve my chances of getting a lecturer position or even a graduate assistant for a start?? Am at cross roads choosing between an educational course like Bsc(ed) Biology or a non educational course like Bsc Microbiology.
It's not about the course you studied it's about acquiring additional certificates like PGDE (Post Graduate Diploma in Education) if you studied a 'non-educational course', M.Sc and PhD with God's help the sky is your starting point.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by PilotOz(m): 11:32am On Mar 08, 2015
nwapastor:
It's not about the course you studied it's about acquiring additional certificates like PGDE (Post Graduate Diploma in Education) if you studied a 'non-educational course', M.Sc and PhD with God's help the sky is your starting point.
thanks sir
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by nwapastor: 2:45am On Mar 09, 2015
PilotOz:
thanks sir
You are welcome but I'm a she not a he.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by PilotOz(m): 10:07am On Mar 09, 2015
nwapastor:
You are welcome but I'm a she not a he.
Ok ma... i've made up my mind to prepare for Jamb next yr nd fill in for mirobiology.Cos the opportunity to lecture with a higher degree in this course is more and fascinating. But ma, does MCB involve alot of chemistry? cos im not so gud at chemistry.
Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by nwapastor: 3:34pm On Mar 09, 2015
PilotOz:
Ok ma... i've made up my mind to prepare for Jamb next yr nd fill in for mirobiology.Cos the opportunity to lecture with a higher degree in this course is more and fascinating. But ma, does MCB involve alot of chemistry? cos im not so gud at chemistry.
You'll likely take chemistry and biochemistry courses in your year 1 to 3.

1 Like

Re: Biochemistry And Microbiology by mesoade(m): 7:51pm On Mar 28, 2015
Samgreguc:

are you a Dentist?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Imo Poly Staff Drag Rector To Okija Shrine- Vanguard / Kagara: Abducted Students Will Return Safe – Niger State Government (Photo) / I Almost Died When Jonathan Renamed Unilag – Former Unilag Vc Ibidapo-obe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.