Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,766 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:07 PM

BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi (24632 Views)

Amaechi Receives Train Model For Rail Project (photos) / Port Harcourt Mono Rail Test Run / Test Run Of Port Harcourt Mono Rail (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by ochiosa(m): 2:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
This mono-rail go land you for jail watch it
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by birdman(m): 3:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
GenBuhari:
Anybody that fails to realise Ebola is a hoax, has not looked into the the issue closely enough and is just swallowing news being presented by the official media who are all part of the hoax together with all the actors playing the roles of medical staff who catch and die from Ebola.

lmao! ema ri nkan o. Can you please change your moniker cuz Buhari is not this dumb. Stop posting idiotic stuff everywhere. Guys who think like this ought to be criminally prosecuted. If not for public endagerment, maybe for just being an 1diot.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Dejohnbull: 5:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
Shame on u Amechi, wike is coming to complete ur big elephant projects, sometimes i fil like to compare u wit t a orji.

2 Likes

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by OreMI22: 6:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dejohnbull:
Shame on u Amechi, wike is coming to complete ur big elephant projects, sometimes i fil like to compare u wit t a orji.

Why should Wike complete Amaechi's mess? Amaechi should clear his mess and not create problems for the in coming government.

See how Akpabio transformed his state within 8 years on the same amount of money while Amaechi is busy giving all sorts of excuses for his thievery.

https://www.nairaland.com/1256550/uyo-city-peace-beauty-pictures
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by OreMI22: 6:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dejohnbull:

Why should Wike complete Amaechi's mess? Amaechi should clear his mess and not create problems for the in coming government.

See how Akpabio transformed his state within 8 years on the same amount of money as Amaechi, while Amaechi is busy giving all sorts of excuses for his thievery. If Amechi built half of Akpabio's structures,roads,libraries,modern stadia, modern schools,university,hospitals,bridges, flyovers, 5-star hotels, airports etc in PH, it would have been the most developed Nigerian city today.

https://www.nairaland.com/1256550/uyo-city-peace-beauty-pictures
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
kel4soft:

Why are you quoting 150 billion you can't defend? who told you the project is that amount? Well from the design the train passes through Isaac Boro Park then elapse at Waterlines. The flyovers at Mile 1 wont be of any hindrance.

Hahahahaha, it seems am the only still deluding myself on this monorail stuff?

The budget for this project has never been kept a secret. It has always been public knowledge, just like any large public project anywhere. Are you not aware of this? I am adding a screenshot of your profile. I looked at it yesterday and it kind of explains your surprising position

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 8:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
kel4soft:

You are looking for a go out Amaechi, you have seen an opportunity to bounce on him.

Amaechi needs no help in taking things out on him. He has been actively involved in taking it out on himself from the very start . Unfortunately, he just didn't know it, much less his followers

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 8:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
kel4soft:

Rivers State budget is 485bn not 490bn with the state expected to get 241.243bn from the Federation
Account; N92.420bn from internal sources;
N33.5bn from the sales of assets; N100bn from
proposed loans; N6.983bn from the World Bank
and N0.660bn
www.punchng.com/news/rivers-lawmakers-pass-2014-budget-in-govt-house/

As of July this year, the state has gotten just 89bn from Federation according from NOI publication. Compare the figure to 241.243bn the state was expecting and the allocation keeps going down. Offcourse the state can't achieve 100% IGR of 92.42billion annually. Only the state rec current expenditure is N237.950bn for the 2014 budget. The 100billion bond propose to compliment the budget so far only 50billion was approved by the HOA.

If the State has realised less than N237.950bn of recurrent expenditures from both FAA, IGR and bonds and loans. Tell me how it will meet up its capital projects of a different figure of N247.573bn?

Comparing Lagos to Rivers is like comparing Apples to oranges. Lagos hits more than 200bn annually on IGR while Rivers struggle with 70billion. The wage bill of Rivers State is 9.2billion monthly since apart from PH, the residence are civil servants.

Lagos State is financing her light rail with $1bn world bank loan while Rivers monorail is from the state budget. www.thisdaylive.com/articles/lagos-how-we-spent-n160bn-world-bank-loan-on-light-rail-project/188736/
Lagos State debts though they can service it is 10 times bigger than what Rivers have.

Rivers State spent 800million naira annually on the free secondary school that the Indians manage of 1000 students of Rivers indigenes and non indigenes on scholarship at Nne Kuru Model Sec Sch at Eleme. Even the FG cant dare that.

The state service over 2000 overseas scholars smonthly stipends all from sane budget

Even the PDP in the state can't buy into this your ignorance.

EFFC should arrest Wike first since he is not under immunity then I can start taken your claim of not PDP and APC seriously.

Can I see any where you quoted that EFFC should investigate the embarrassment in South Africa before you start your non partisan when actually you are.

This thread is not about a comparison between Governor Amaechi and any other politicians. I think what it is about is very clear.

~ South-South voice
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 9:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
Dejohnbull:

Rivers People may not like Amaechi but it does not mean they like Wike either. Wike just assumed this. Being revered in the party hierarchy did not automatically translate into acceptance/endearment with the people.

I didn't even know what Wike looked like until many months into his fight with Amaechi. He didn't even sound impressive when I heard him. Anyway, this thread is not about Wike. It is about the monorail and while I do not want Mr. Wike's ambitions fulfilled, my opinion is that Governor Amaechi's successor scraps this project for good.

Let it remain a painful reminder to us all that projects must be thought out properly first before being embarked upon.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by kel4soft: 10:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
coolscott:

Amaechi needs no help in taking things out on him. He has been actively involved in taking it out on himself from the very start . Unfortunately, he just didn't know it, much less his followers

Really? Can you imagine you have gone through my profile. I think you are breaking some rules here.

What has profile got to do with this thread?
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Ephemmm: 7:50am On Oct 13, 2014
SmartProf:
The sheer arrogance he displays while answering questions is beyond me...so uncultured, unbecomin and crude for a leader. If he cant complete an ongoing project shuldnt he be soundin appologetic? Rather he rants his statement like a wild emperor to his slaves....#Leaders are not Rulers

But he mentioned a point you have not addressed: with over 50% reduction of grants from FG, will you able to complete such project if you are in his shoe?

I don't know why APC and PDP e-warrior always fail to read between the lines before attacking each other.

1 Like

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by anonimi: 7:51am On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

This is where I expect sane Nigerians to focus on. Why the shortfalls? Not only in rivers but all states. Nigeria is still selling crude at an higher price and quantity than what the budget pegged it on and yet incomes to states seems to be dwindling and we expect the governors to perform magic. Only jonaadaft can explain where he is keeping all the money, the fool surely is keeping them for elections.

Perhaps the governors know something their clueless daft praise singers do not know.

Are states not all represented at the Federation Account committee that shares Niger Delta oil revenue monthly

Did the 36 states not sue the FG over the Sovereign Wealth Fund?

Nigeria: Subsidy - Governors Sue FG At Supreme Court
13 JULY 2012

State governors rose from a meeting early yesterday announcing a decision to seek legal redress at the Supreme Court over what they called illegal funds deductions by the Federal Government, including withdrawals for petrol subsidy and Sovereign Wealth Fund.

In a communique, the Nigerian Governors' Forum said they will challenge "continuing illegal deductions from the Federation Account towards offsetting oil subsidy payments, Excess Crude Account and other unconstitutional withdrawals by the Federal Government."

Deduction for petrol subsidy has remained a sticking point in relations between the governors and the Federal Government since last year.

Pressure from the governors to stop the withdrawals contributed towards the President Jonathan's decision to end petrol subsidy in January though he had to reverse this after street protests.

Chairman of the forum, Rivers State Governor Rotimi Amaechi, read the communique to journalists, after the meeting attended by 21 governors and 6 deputy governors.

More from: http://allafrica.com/stories/201207130730.html

If indeed they have any shortfall in their federal allocation, would they also not have sued?
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:04am On Oct 13, 2014
anonimi:

This was the title of the thread with the pictures =>

Rivers Mono Rail Phase 1 Nearing Completion (pics)

https://www.nairaland.com/1935248/rivers-mono-rail-phase-1#26900999

See why the pictures (the impression they are supposed to give) are FAKE

Ffuck the thread. Am here in Ph and the monorail area is a constant route of mine. Am not in support of the project but those pictures u termed fake aren't because it reflects what is currently on ground.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by anonimi: 8:07am On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

Ffuck the thread. Am here in Ph and the monorail area is a constant route of mine. Am not in support of the project but those pictures u termed fake aren't because it reflects what is currently on ground.

I thought that as a former journalist you would understand English as used in context, perhaps I was mistaken
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:11am On Oct 13, 2014
anonimi:

Perhaps the governors know something their clueless daft praise singers do not know.

Are states not all represented at the Federation Account committee that shares Niger Delta oil revenue monthly

Did the 36 states not sue the FG over the Sovereign Wealth Fund? If indeed they have any shortfall in their federal allocation, would they also not have sued?

U are just dancing around the core issue without making any sensible point unfortunately.
Here are the issues.......
Are allocations dwindling to states over the years.....yes.
Has income generated far supercedes what the income was pegged on on the budget.......yes
Has govt given any good reason why allocations should continue to dwindle......No.
It's not a matter of governors knowing something but the responsibility of the FG to the people to give reasons why this must remain so.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:14am On Oct 13, 2014
anonimi:

I thought that as a former journalist you would understand English as used in context, perhaps I was mistaken

There lies ur problem......u thought. Who was or is a journalist? U goofed here also. Go to literary section and promote ur English.
Again I reinstate that the photos u claimed are fake aren't. It reflects the true state of the monorail.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by anonimi: 8:15am On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

U are just dancing around the core issue without making any sensible point unfortunately.
Here are the issues.......
Are allocations dwindling to states over the years.....yes.
Has income generated far supercedes what the income was pegged on on the budget.......yes
Has govt given any good reason why allocations should continue to dwindle......No.
It's not a matter of governors knowing something but the responsibility of the FG to the people to give reasons why this must remain so.

Why are you so keen on displaying your ignorance about governance issues shocked
And the people are not represented by the state governors vis-a-vis the federal administration
These state governors as representatives of the people cannot sue the federal government as they did in 2012 over subsidy deductions and Sovereign Wealth Fund angry

It is bad enough to be daft, it is much worse when one demonstrates such daftness as being smart shocked

2 Likes

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by anonimi: 8:16am On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

There lies ur problem......u thought. Who was or is a journalist? U goofed here also. Go to literary section and promote ur English.
Again I reinstate that the photos u claimed are fake aren't. It reflects the true state of the monorail.

....that it is nearing COMPLETION as per the title of the thread

1 Like

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:18am On Oct 13, 2014
anonimi:

If indeed they have any shortfall in their federal allocation, would they also not have sued?

The bottom line is that they are having less funds to work with than before because of some fraudulent deductions in my opinion . That is an undisputeable fact. It's good that the issue is in court. Let the courts decide.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:23am On Oct 13, 2014
anonimi:

Why are you so keen on displaying your ignorance about governance issues shocked
And the people are not represented by the state governors vis-a-vis the federal administration[/b] ?

Did the 36 states not sue the FG over the Sovereign W?

Did the 36 states not sue the FG over the Sovereign W?
These state governors as representatives of the people cannot sue the federal government as they did in 2012 over subsidy deductions and Sovereign Wealth Fund angry

It is bad enough to be daft, it is much worse when one demonstrates such daftness as being smart shocked

Stop being foolish please. Why was health minister giving daily updates about ebola numbers since the state have commisioners to do such? U sound like someone whom the FG headed by jonaadaft has commisioned to peddle their lies.
The people are represented at both the state and fg level so it shouldn't be out of place.
Again I reinstate that incomes are surely dwindling and govs have less to work with unlike before.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 8:24am On Oct 13, 2014
anonimi:

....that it is nearing COMPLETION as per the title of the thread

Yes, the first phase is nearly completion. That's a fact.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 9:39am On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

Stop being foolish please. Why was health minister giving daily updates about ebola numbers since the state have commisioners to do such? U sound like someone whom the FG headed by jonaadaft has commisioned to peddle their lies.
The people are represented at both the state and fg level so it shouldn't be out of place.
Again I reinstate that incomes are surely dwindling and govs have less to work with unlike before.

[size=15pt]Is that why he conceived and embarked upon such a silly idea in the first place?
Don't worry. the monorail will soon become a tourist attraction as people from all over Nigeria will come and see how it covers only a 50naira distance[/size]

4 Likes

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 10:02am On Oct 13, 2014
coolscott:

Is that why he conceived and embarked upon such a silly idea in the first place?
Don't worry. the monorail will soon become a tourist attraction as people from all over Nigeria will come and see how it covers only a 50naira distance[/size]

U don't sound smart. He conceived it while he was in pdp. I have never been in support of the project then or even now that he has left Pdp.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Max24: 11:09am On Oct 13, 2014
Ephemmm:

But he mentioned a point you have not addressed: with over 50% reduction of grants from FG, will you able to complete such project if you are in his shoe?

I don't know why APC and PDP e-warrior always fail to read between the lines before attacking each other.
For your info, politicians will always have an excuse for non-performance. Is Rivers the only state with so called 50% reduction of grants as u say? How come other states equally hit delivered on their own projects. Its all about management of resources, focus and self interest. Amaechi simply allowed his parochial interest override the interest of his Rivers people. He need not have gone the way he went. All his oratory skills did not put food on the table for Riverians.

1 Like

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Max24: 11:24am On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

U don't sound smart. He conceived it while he was in pdp. I have never been in support of the project then or even now that he has left Pdp.
Okaaaay, i now understand you. U mean when he was in PDP he had an unsound mind to conceive such a project but now that he is in APC his mind is now sane. So, the man he was in PDP is not the same now in APC ? And if tomorrow he decides to go back to PDP then his mind becomes unsound again. I really fancy your logic(sic..). U on the other hand really sound smaaaaaart indeed!!

4 Likes

Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 11:33am On Oct 13, 2014
Max24:

Okaaaay, i now understand you. U mean when he was in PDP he had an unsound mind to conceive such a project but now that he is in APC his mind is now sane. So, the man he was in PDP is not the same now in APC ? And if tomorrow he decides to go back to PDP then his mind becomes unsound again. I really fancy your logic(sic..). U on the other hand really sound smaaaaaart indeed!!

Ur deductions based on my statement is pure bunkum.
The truth is both apc and pdp can't dissociate themselves from this waste of a project imo.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Max24: 11:45am On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

Ur deductions based on my statement is pure bunkum.
The truth is both apc and pdp can't dissociate themselves from this waste of a project imo.
Fair enough!
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 11:48am On Oct 13, 2014
Max24:

Fair enough!

Better.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Nobody: 12:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

spotlite grumpus..
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 1:05pm On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

I wish I could understand what you are trying to say.
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by coolscott(m): 1:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
Demdem:

What is the connection between what you are saying now and the appraisal of the decision to carry out this project in the first place?
**head scratcher**
Re: BOMB SHELL..!!!!! I Wont Complete Mono Rail Project Gov Amaechi by Demdem(m): 2:19pm On Oct 13, 2014
coolscott:

What is the connection between what you are saying now and the appraisal of the decision to carry out this project in the first place?
**head scratcher**

There is a reason why this page is called a thread. Discussions are multifaceted and leads to several variables. Read up and determine for ursef what led to it.
Am ain't here to spoonfeed u. Put ur brain to work instead of scratching it which is a wasteful venture.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Rotimi Amaechi Arrives Oyo State To Continue Project Inspection - Photos / Revealed! Why Buhari Is Backing Oshiomhole On Direct Primaries / Fayose Tried To Lease Fountain Hotel Days Before Handover (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.