Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,550 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:51 AM

A Coach Named Keshi - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / A Coach Named Keshi (885 Views)

Compare Diego Simeone's Photo As A Player And As A Coach / An Open Letter To Stephen Keshi / Keshi Draws Vs Kano Pillars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Coach Named Keshi by MORNDEW(m): 5:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
Nigeria’s coach, Stephen Keshi has come under intense criticism in recent times due to Nigeria’s poor run in the ongoing 2015 African Cup of Nations qualifier. Criticisms, in any sphere of human endeavour is welcomed but such criticisms must be consructive nd objective.

Keshi has been criticised for not calling up Villareal of Spain striker Ikechukwu Uche. Uche is a very prolific striker but attitude also matters in everything one is doing. Telling your coach this is not how we do it in our club is saying he knows nothing. That a pattern does not go down well with you does not mean its not a good one. Afterall no other player has complained of his tactics. Obafemi Martins has been given a chances to represent this Nation under Keshi, but failed to live up to expectation this does not mean he wont get an invitation again he will still get it. Imoh Ezekiel has been invited, we know the hide and seek still being played by him and his agents and his indecision on whether to play for Nigeria or Belgium. Besides, Ezekiel is not as potent as he was last season. The only place i fault Keshi in his criticisms of not inviting our so called ”best legs” is on Iheanachor. Nigeria does not have a creative midfielder and Iheanachor proves to be a reliable option in that position.

A coach has an exclusive right to pick players he believes will deliver when called upon, hence, the dropping of Samir Nasri from the french squad, Carlos Tevez, from Argentine squad and many others now. Before the 2012 Nations cup qualifer, a certain Samson Siasia, the aclaimed messiah of Nigeria’s football was let down by players who he has known to be working against him in the team but chose to still field them in order to avoid criticisms and the outcome of that decision, broke a 26year old record.

Those criticising Keshi need to ask themselves some question, and also need to be reminded that Keshi is one coach in a very long time that has given local players a chance to prove themselves, keshi has made every position in the National competitivethat no one can lay claim to having a permanent shirt and therefore takes every match serious Stephen Keshi is arguably the Best coach that has coached the Nigerian national team, since Keshi took over, i ve had to throw away my calculator which i always use to permutate Nigeria’s chances during any qualifier. My critic friends, the National team have shown seriousness since he took over remember what it used to be under Amodu, chukwu etc.

I like to ask these sentimental critics where were you when Keshi’s sack letter was already being prepared before Ivory Coast game in 2013 Afcon, when he coached the team in an empty stomach, our millions have been spent in recruiting people who could not qualify their own team to the WC to take us there, what was the outcome.

Lets allow keshi if he fails then he gets the boot.

Princewill Chimereze
Writter, Public Affair Analyst and Social Commentator.

2 Likes

Re: A Coach Named Keshi by bakandow11: 5:24pm On Oct 11, 2014
in this game of round leather u av to compromise....lets take brazil for a start. Dunga was d head for a reason he was fired, scolari won sometin befre losing to germany den wat hapen fired like he was not thre confederation coach.
Many other countries like dat not to talk of club football, wen d magic finishes u gve way for others to try,i was wondering wat will hapen if keshi was happen to manage Balotelli , Gattuzo, cantonna the best we saw of dem will neva came to lime light. i avnt see UCHE near dis pple wen it comes to rudness. Am not saying d fall of eagle was as a result of his exclusion but if eagle fail den i can include it in my recommendation that d best leg were missing.
My opinion
thank you.
Re: A Coach Named Keshi by MORNDEW(m): 5:30pm On Oct 11, 2014
bakandow11:
in this game of round leather u av to compromise....lets take brazil for a start. Dunga was d head for a reason he was fired, scolari won sometin befre losing to germany den wat hapen fired like he was not thre confederation coach.
Many other countries like dat not to talk of club football, wen d magic finishes u gve way for others to try, Balotelli was a player Gattuzo cantonna all dis players were dealt with and we saw thre best. hadnt been thre coaches didnt compromise den it wuld av been a diffrent story. i avnt seen UCHE near dis pple. am not saying d fall of eagle was as a resylt of his exclusion but if eagle fail den i can include it in my recommendation that d best leg were missing.
thank you.
Hope you also know that Tevez was not part of the team that went all the way to the final of the WC. These players you mentioned did anyone question the tactics of the coach? Did they turn down invitations? That it worked for those teams does not mean it will work here. Ask Sisia.

1 Like

Re: A Coach Named Keshi by bakandow11: 5:34pm On Oct 11, 2014
MORNDEW:

Hope you also know that Tevez was not part of the team that went all the way to the final of the WC. These players you mentioned did anyone question the tactics of the coach? Did they turn down invitations? That it worked for those teams does not mean it will work here. Ask Sisia.
tevez case! nice a country with gonzalo, aguero di maria and messi, Name nigerians natural striker dat travelled with dem wen uche was omitted. i love ur argument we will gain from dis...
Re: A Coach Named Keshi by MORNDEW(m): 10:30pm On Oct 15, 2014
I hail you Keshi
Re: A Coach Named Keshi by MORNDEW(m): 11:18pm On Oct 15, 2014
I still believe in this team. Things will work out well for us.
Re: A Coach Named Keshi by MORNDEW(m): 6:56pm On Nov 15, 2014
Ride on keshi some of us still believe in you.
Re: A Coach Named Keshi by Emblj: 9:46pm On Nov 15, 2014
I have always wondered why nigerians are always quick to pull fellow countrymen down and would condone far more from non-nigerians. If Keshi were to be a foreigner i sure these people would have given him excuses.
No matter how talented,gifted or skillful you are ,indiscipline will mar your abilities. Could Uche have said that to his club coach ?
i believe there is more to playing in a team than personal skills of a player.
I am one of the few nigerians who believe in Keshi. He is in charge and should take charge.

(1) (Reply)

Cristiano Ronaldo Bone Michel Platini At Club World Cup Presentation Ceremony / UCL Draw:: Juventus Vs Real Madrid FC Barcelona Vs Bayern Munchen / Emmanuel Adebayor Tells The Final Part Of His Story- His Feud With His Family.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.