Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,940 members, 7,806,719 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 09:47 PM

OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! (44644 Views)

How Sex Can Improve Your Marital Happiness / Man Seeks Divorce Because Wife Ran Mad After Extra-marital Affair / My Ex Would Rather Remain Single, Than Make Up With Me. Am I So Bad?? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by damiso(f): 1:32am On Oct 12, 2014
BABE3:

Being size 8 doesn't mean she doesn't ration sex at home. Doesn't mean she's not a perpetual nag.

Healthy lifestyle is just one aspect of it.

Like I said, to expect an infidelity free home; we have to put in serious work. I see people saying "marriage shouldn't be endured but enjoyed", but they want the husband to endure all sort of nonsense. grin

We can't even compare something as basic as healthy lifestyle to financial instability. Apples and oranges. Not everyone can be rich. Everyone can be fit (except in rare cases).

But being rich is faaaar more important to some people than anything in this world which is they sought out to marry relative comfortability.People marry for different reasons and so if a lady marries for comfort why can she not look elsewhere if those needs are not being met. Note I am not begrudging men who expect fit wives he married size 8 wants highest size 10 even after 3 kids why should he put up with size 18?

Just saying based on that theory too we should not begrudge women who want relative financial security cos thats what they married and are not getting down the line too.

9 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by coogar: 1:32am On Oct 12, 2014
damiso:

Of course marriage is complex which is why it is kinda simplistic to solely lay the blame for one person cheating on the person being cheated on.

i didn't solely lay the blame on the wives of cheating husbands - i said most of the time, they are part of the problem. it's not even natural for a man to damn his marital bed & start following every chic in his environment. there must have been a root cause.

is he getting well-serviced, is the wifey keeping to her personal hygiene? does she make excuses not to have sex?(married women do this a lot especially when there's a minor argument). they use sėx as a tool to bargain for whatever.

how many husbands would take such?

Hygiene issues can be tackled..There are loads of women who have less than clean husbands but imagine telling a typical Nigerian inlaw I cheated on him cos of hygiene shocked you are told to manage it.

a woman with a poor hygiene is 10 times worse than his male equivalent. lets not go into such details. grin

So if you love someone you help them manage their inadequacies. Filthy people generally tend to show it at some point at courtship so I even think if it bothers you that much just don't marry her/him.

they don't show it.
there are deodorants & fragrances that mask such the putrescent odour they carry around them. on top of that, we are constantly told not to test-drive before signing our lives away......

we don't get to see the merchandise until the wedding night & then we realise all that glitters ain't gold. grin what's a man to do then? divorce? of course - cheating is the easier option for him then. if he perishes, then so be it. cheesy

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by BABE3: 1:39am On Oct 12, 2014
damiso:

But being rich is faaaar more important to some people than anything in this world which is they sought out to marry relative comfortability.People marry for different reasons and so if a lady marries for comfort why can she not look elsewhere if those needs are not being met. Note I am not begrudging men who expect fit wives he married size 8 wants highest size 10 even after 3 kids why should he put up with size 18?

Just saying based on that theory too we should not begrudge women who want relative financial security cos thats what they married and are not getting down the line too.

if the husband knows she married him for comfort and he loses the ability to provide comfort, then it's her choice to cheat or not to cheat. Out of the husband's hands.

plus, I'm not saying cheating is right or should be encouraged; my point is, if you're not putting in the effort then don't expect your husband or wife to be faithful.
If he/she decides to be faithful regardless, then you're super duper lucky.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by coogar: 1:40am On Oct 12, 2014
damiso:

But being rich is faaaar more important to some people than anything in this world which is they sought out to marry relative comfortability.

i agree - but it's still artificial.
no man would turn down an attractive woman for sex because she's poor. grin he would turn her down if she's dirty.

People marry for different reasons and so if a lady marries for comfort why can she not look elsewhere if those needs are not being met. Note I am not begrudging men who expect fit wives he married size 8 wants highest size 10 even after 3 kids why should he put up with size 18?

the thing is - men rarely complain.
he already knows what he would do. he only needs to mention it once or twice, if he doesn't see changes, he goes outside to seek what he wants.

if she wants relative financial security, she should go & work for money. she was trained academically like the man she's relying on to provide comfort - that's almost leeching.

however, asking a woman to stay healthy, take her hygiene seriously isn't leeching. it's ultimately for her own good. so don't compare financial security with body health issues. they are worlds apart!

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by damiso(f): 1:45am On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

i didn't solely lay the blame on the wives of cheating husbands - i said most of the time, they are part of the problem. it's not even natural for a man to damn his marital bed & start following every chic in his environment. there must have been a root cause.

is he getting well-serviced, is the wifey keeping to her personal hygiene? does she make excuses not to have sex?(married women do this a lot especially when there's a minor argument). they use sėx as a tool to bargain for whatever.

how many husbands would take such?

a woman with a poor hygiene is 10 times worse than his male equivalent. lets not go into such details. grin

they don't show it.
there are deodorants & fragrances that mask such the putrescent odour they carry around them. on top of that, we are constantly told not to test-drive before signing our lives away......

we don't get to see the merchandise until the wedding night & then we realise all that glitters ain't gold. grin what's a man to do then? divorce? of course - cheating is the easier option for him then. if he perishes, then so be it. cheesy

Haa Coogar you can spot a chic with hygiene issues by visiting her in her environment. Even if we dont test drive a very neat person who hygiene is a big issue for can spot some one kain dirty tendecies.

I don't have the power this night but my point is cheating can't be the solution to marital issues. some men cheat just because they feel they can not necessarily because of something the wife did or did not do. To them it's not having rice everyday (I hate that analogy ehn). Some won't even tell the wife the issues before deciding the best next thing is looking outside.We have had threads where men say my wife is doing this and that and I am thinking of getting a girlfriend. When asked have you even told her they enter voice mail.At least discuss and work with your spouse first before thinking of an alternative.

That said I agree that marriage is alot of work from both parties.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by damiso(f): 1:56am On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

no man would turn down an attractive woman for sex because she's poor. grin he would turn her down if she's dirty.

he already knows what he would do. he only needs to mention it once or twice, if he doesn't see changes, he goes outside to seek what he wants.

if she wants relative financial security, she should go & work for money. she was trained academically like the man she's relying on to provide comfort - that's almost leeching.

however, asking a woman to stay healthy, take her hygiene seriously isn't leeching. it's ultimately for her own good. so don't compare financial security with body health issues. they are worlds apart!

Of course staying healthy is what everyone should want for their spouse. My issue is often this 'staying healthy' for their own good is borne out of a selfish 'this not how you looked when i married you'POV and not necessarily caring about their health.If you care if it means telling horror stories of diabetes, cancer etc you will do it not saying I married size 8 go back to size 8 if you don't I will get a size 8 who appeals to me outside.

My husband had a very unhealthy habbit (energy drinks coffee rarely drank water) which had lil or no bearing on his looks or weight in this case he is still as slim as the day we met
But I was always on his case because I care about his health in general and he has greatly reduced his intake of those beverages and now drinks more water.

I agree with encouraging your spouse to look fit and stay healthy but some men don't talk about it from the health point of view but from a vain looks point of view.

7 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by iykedare(m): 2:08am On Oct 12, 2014
I dont think a guy s koboko will get small when he gets fat. I ve seen lots of fat guys with koboko the size of a girl s arm.
Exercise is necessary for everybody. Workout freaks like me know the benefits of staying fit.
Performance and er @@ection strength may be affected not the size.
Story for another day.

Op, great advice.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by coogar: 2:25am On Oct 12, 2014
damiso:

Haa Coogar you can spot a chic with hygiene issues by visiting her in her environment. Even if we dont test drive a very neat person who hygiene is a big issue for can spot some one kain dirty tendecies.

men rarely spot these things till its late. most men can't even tell the difference between the natural hair & the artificial. our eyes are on other "features". grin

I don't have the power this night but my point is cheating can't be the solution to marital issues. some men cheat just because they feel they can not necessarily because of something the wife did or did not do. To them it's not having rice everyday (I hate that analogy ehn). Some won't even tell the wife the issues before deciding the best next thing is looking outside.We have had threads where men say my wife is doing this and that and I am thinking of getting a girlfriend. When asked have you even told her they enter voice mail.At least discuss and work with your spouse first before thinking of an alternative.

i don't think anyone said cheating is the solution to marital issues.....what i said was its the easier option to take for these men. the solution is tedious & requires loads of patience. we nigerians don't work with that. we want the minimum of efforts & plenty of reward.

That said I agree that marriage is alot of work from both parties.

cool!

damiso:

Of course staying healthy is what everyone should want for their spouse. My issue is often this 'staying healthy' for their own good is borne out of a selfish 'this not how you looked when i married you' POV and not necessarily caring about their health.

you have to remember if she was big back in the days, the man would probably not have married her. it's all part of the equation. he wants her healthy(her own good) and he wants her attractive(his own benefit).

If you care if it means telling horror stories of diabetes, cancer etc you will do it not saying I married size 8 go back to size 8 if you don't I will get a size 8 who appeals to me outside.

My husband had a very unhealthy habbit (energy drinks coffee rarely drank water) which had lil or no bearing on his looks or weight in this case he is still as slim as the day we met But I was always on his case because I care about his health in general and he has greatly reduced his intake of those beverages and drinks more water.

it's one thing to keep telling them, it's another thing for them to listen. some people are set in their ways. they have become addicts to fattening foods.

I agree with encouraging your spouse to look fit and stay healthy but some men don't talk about it from the health point of view but from a vain looks point of view.

a fit-looking wife does everyone in the family a world of good. the point of view is a moot point....all the men are saying is, wives should never stop working in their marriage.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 4:42am On Oct 12, 2014
Hy coogar! Wait a minute!
Did u just say d woman's weight can make d man look outside?
Ok fine kiss
But what about pregnant men?

Me think we hv more pregnant men than fat women and they look disgusting.
Puh!
Its a turn off for most ladies and can equally make ladies look outside cheesy

U see, equation is balanced here kiss

7 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 4:53am On Oct 12, 2014
And what of those who are not even married yet, but are so sure they're gonna cheat undecided
As in they've not even seen whether their wife will be size 2 or 20, yet, they tell you they'll never chop same rice in their life. lipsrsealed

Or the ones that tell you their wife is the best thing since slice bread (we even have some of them here), they cannot just hold their d*cks?

Or even the non-nigerians that jog all day to work, are we saying their partners don't cheat on them?

Biko, forget story......some men just need castration! angry No rational explanation whatsoever for their actions

8 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 4:59am On Oct 12, 2014
^ ^ cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 5:47am On Oct 12, 2014
Coogar and BABE, i really enjoy reading your opinions, but kindly give answers to alutacontinua question.

As far as i'm concerned, i mean personally, there is no any just reason for anyone to cheat on his/her spouse. If one of them errs, the best thing is for them to talk about it and together find solution to it, if the one that errs refuses, then, let the other party go for divorce instead of sleeping around and causing heartaches as well as swimming in STIs.
Abeg, i can't support infidelity at all.

9 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by SAMBARRY: 5:57am On Oct 12, 2014
Great god thanks.that settles it . This is a very straightforward thread.no need for argument and any body that chooses to engage in blind argument has determined to cheat so no need for discussion till he meets his Waterloo. END OF DISCUSSION tongue

10 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by SAMBARRY: 6:01am On Oct 12, 2014
Why do you like unnecessary argument when there is no need for any. All your she's dirty excuses are lame .so stop the blind argument and do what you want to do and deal with the consequences. After all my role model said

coogar:

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by SAMBARRY: 6:07am On Oct 12, 2014
Coogars excuse is that "if she's dirty"hes justified to cheat . not that I can live with dirty people but talking and forcing them to clean up changes them after all the same way a man or woman can plan or orchestrate on how to cheat is the same way he can channel that energy to make his marriage work but as they say stolen waters taste sweeter than legal water
greatgod2012:
Coogar and BABE, i really enjoy reading your opinions, but kindly give answers to alutacontinua question.

As far as i'm concerned, i mean personally, there is no any just reason for anyone to cheat on his/her spouse. If one of them errs, the best thing is for them to talk about it and together find solution to it, if the one that errs refuses, then, let the other party go for divorce instead of sleeping around and causing heartaches as well as swimming in STIs.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by greatgod2012(f): 6:22am On Oct 12, 2014
rolled:
Cheating on your wife actually makes you love her more

you mean you love your wife to cheat on you as a sign of her love to you? Goodluck then!

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by SAMBARRY: 6:27am On Oct 12, 2014
greatgod2012:

you mean you love your wife to cheat on you as a sign of her love to you? Goodluck then!
grin grin grin grin
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Farouksenior: 6:28am On Oct 12, 2014
greatgod2012:

Bottom Line : add the fEar of God. [most dudes nd babes claim Godfearing durin courtship but after marriage...kabooom!!!!]

5 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by SAMBARRY: 6:29am On Oct 12, 2014
Who's the he-diot or she-diot that hid my earlier post angry

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by blueberryp: 6:31am On Oct 12, 2014
coogar:

does poverty affect a man's erëction? grin
statistics will tell you that poor men are even the best in bed. he's too poor to afford fattening foods. he's superb in bed & he's ultra-fertile. grin

in other words, using money or material comfort as an excuse to leave one's hubby is quite lame. the men who go outside to seek greener pastures love their wives.....they want things to be the same as the courting days but they just cannot get an eréction for wifey - the spark has disappeared!
if u say a man who cheats on his wife because she got fat is justififed why do u turn around n say a woman who cheats on her husband because he got poor is not justified.

A man who cheats on his wife obviously married her for her body structure that is why a change is enough to push him out, he never loved his wife. Same way a woman could cheat on her husband because he got poor. Its all about satisfaction which in the mans is case is sex while in the woman's case its money
We all know that men want lots of sex while women want lots of money but In life you will neva be satisfied with these two, u will always want more, ur wife will not always satisfy you with sex and ur husband will not always satisfy u with money, ability to love ur partner despite dissatisfaction(if their is a word like dat,lol) is what I call true love!

Infact those marriage vows should be changed, let it be; this woman you now hold will not always be sexy, are you prepared to not cheat on her and cherish her all the same?
For the woman it will be; this man is not always going to be able to provide u d necessities of life , are u prepared to not cheat on him and respect him all d same?

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by blueberryp: 6:52am On Oct 12, 2014
Farouksenior:

Bottom Line : add the fEar of God. [most dudes nd babes claim Godfearing durin courtship but after marriage...kabooom!!!!]
I think this is the number one thing. The number one source of marital problems. Most people wwho claim to fear God donot truly fear him if not u wwill never justify adultery, fornication, stealing (u need to see people justifying that grandma dat stole her grandchild from her mother, I got shivers) and all sorts. Religion doesn't change people.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by parismarc: 6:52am On Oct 12, 2014
Great post Greatgod, most people don't realize the powerful implications of the marital vow, its a promise made to God and man and its breach has its attendant consequences.

May God help us to remain faithful to our marital vows and not go looking for the 20% outside when the person with 80% is right there with us.

Nothing can ever justify cheating, you swore to be faithful for better for worse, make your partner better,marriage is an enjoyable union. God bless our homes.

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by zeb04(f): 6:56am On Oct 12, 2014
I think it is just the fear of God( whatever God u serve) that stops anyone from cheating because truthly speaking, we have a number and one reason to cheat. Aside the loosing shape, becoming less active with time, one or two annoying habits and most importantly tasting the same d every time. We all have our reasons and it is both gender but respect and the fear ofGod just keeps us in check.

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by pickabeau1: 7:00am On Oct 12, 2014
Choi.....

See finishing move

grin grin grin grin grin
grin
coogar:

na poverty mentality.
the kids who actually need the protein rarely get it. 12 chunks of beef in a pot - hubby & wife(both in their 40s) would eat 5 each.....the kids only get one apiece.

ask them why the kids don't get more than one, an african parent would tell you 2 pieces would spoil the child but the 5 pieces they took won't cause diabetes, stroke or heart attack? grin the problem in marital homes isn't spiritual.....it's sheer ignorance!
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by pickabeau1: 7:04am On Oct 12, 2014
BABE3:

Being size 8 doesn't mean she doesn't ration sex at home. Doesn't mean she's not a perpetual nag.

Healthy lifestyle is just one aspect of it.

Like I said, to expect an infidelity free home; we have to put in serious work. I see people saying "marriage shouldn't be endured but enjoyed", but they want the husband to endure all sort of nonsense. grin

We can't even compare something as basic as healthy lifestyle to financial instability. Apples and oranges. Not everyone can be rich. Everyone can be fit (except in rare cases).

Bolded......deep
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Farouksenior: 7:18am On Oct 12, 2014
blueberryp:
I think this is the number one thing. The number one source of marital problems. Most people wwho claim to fear God donot truly fear him if not u wwill never justify adultery, fornication, stealing (u need to see people justifying that grandma dat stole her grandchild from her mother, I got shivers) and all sorts. Religion doesn't change people.

... Ye. Jst mek God ur focus.A family dt prays togeda stays 2geda. [na after u marry u cum under attack oo frm all sorts of pple nD tings].

1 Like

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Seanixking: 7:19am On Oct 12, 2014
When i was young i was told that marriage is for better for worst,but nw i guess the preacher was wrong cos nw pple stroll into marriage and stroll out like they just entered public toilet,and our so call celebrity icon aren't helpin with the rate of divorce esp from the woman side when pple r even beggin God for husband..may God help us all.....meanwhile somewhere in sapele church#God bless my frnds....HAPPY SUNDAY
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by fortunes0215(m): 7:20am On Oct 12, 2014
Marital discord is best settled with love. Both partners should try to endure whilst trying to effect change in the other.

By the way, several plots o land are available for sale at Agbara. Please call me on 08052197523 for enquiries. The plots are sold as free hold and are devoid of omo onile hassles.

https://www.nairaland.com/1935369/several-plots-land-sale-agbara
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by M4gunners: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2014
Good thread Op.And this is one of the reason why some Men are still single and those who have partners only wants to play traditional right and avoid spending Money on marriage that may crash anytime.
Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 7:21am On Oct 12, 2014
Good advice. But for ladies just make sure u don't sleep around too much cuz if u do and you end up marrying a rich man with small pen*is, you go wan hire ur ex bf's labour back o even if na to pay high money

A man will still his wife's hole to put his di*ck even after sleeping around

2 Likes

Re: OPINION: If You Know You can't Keep To Your Marital Vow, Please, Remain Single! by Nobody: 7:22am On Oct 12, 2014
pickabeau1:

All sin is sin

According to Christian theology there should be no difference between adultery and fornication

Moreover the bible allows for divorce in the event of infidelity or adultery

More naija people should exercise that option like our counterparts in the West.

Too many cheating threads everywhere

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (14) (Reply)

Best Solid (Nigerian) Meals For 6 Month Old Babies. / My Husband Dislikes Me / Nigerian Boy Pranks His Parents With A Fake Snake(Hilarious Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 122
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.