Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,890 members, 7,806,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:43 PM

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (30296 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan A Born Again Christian? / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by naturally: 2:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
kaya09:

Their God? So the God different?

Agent of argument, abeg pack your kaya go market if you want to argue. Lala dear, pls tell this mai kaya to stop stalking me
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 2:20pm On Oct 12, 2014
nora544:

Many nigerian christians are born again only for the public.

I know one person a woman her mother write that she has a inner beauty and an outside beauty and that she is a real christian and to all on facebook she write amen and all her writings about the bible,

But when you know her than you will see that she is a selfish, heartless, egositic woman and that she is not borne again that she is like many nigerian fake christian.

First she comes and than all the other people close to her.

She didnot know one word and that is love because she didnot know what it means love your neighbor like yourself.
What is this one saying??
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Jabioro: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
Eya ah my brother,don't worry ursef about him/her born again,bt if insist take him/her 2 X-ray centre,where d machine can indentify them,d bible,d cross and holy spirit will be indenfiy'd ..see pastor deceivin memberr,prophet confusing d congregatn.and evangelist they tell us wetin no possible,Pope r full involve politics.you beta knows urself.and stop search 4 ghost..
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Yemisi63: 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
Lmaooooooooo. This blog is bloody hilarious. Been laughing all day http://www.naijasinglegirl.net
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Mclick(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
Vivly:
True born again Christians?
Do we have fake born again Christians?
Yes, many of them. Beware of wolfs in sheep clothing
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Misogynist2014(m): 2:21pm On Oct 12, 2014
No!
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 12, 2014
naturally:

Agent of argument, abeg pack your kaya go market if you want to argue. Lala dear, pls tell this mai kaya to stop stalking me
Am not stalking you,am a christain,just wana tell u dt its one God,but y do u hv dt declaration on yr profile if ur nt a muslim?
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by EzeHope: 2:23pm On Oct 12, 2014
The issue of being born again is very crucial in christendom. But the truth is most Christians who say they are born again have actually undergone the initial process of being born again, that is, confessing with ones mouth that Jesus is the Lord and that God raised Him from the dead. Many Christians thereby expect a miracle thereafter. They are not ready to pay the price of discipleship. The also fail to trust God for their new life in Him. The truth is that all your bad friends will not die because you are now born again. Your steppings, voice, height, etc will not change. But mainly, Christian Lifestyle is much important because that is what others see. God has given us the Holy Spirit to change us from inside out. We are to be transformed and be conformed to the image of His Son, Jesus. This is the time people will see us as Christians. So we christians just need to submit and cooperate with the Holy Spirit to make us perfect. Therefore Christian who are found fallen short of God's standard should not be condemned by any man but should bring to our remembrance that we are in no way better than those christians. I need to always allow the Holy Spirit to perfect me as real christian. You also need that too. Every Christain that want to get to heaven should.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by naturally: 2:25pm On Oct 12, 2014
kaya09:

Am not stalking you,am a christain,just wana tell u dt its one God,but y do u hv dt declaration on yr profile if ur nt a muslim?

I am a Muslim. Are you sure I wasn't the person you saw in your dream today?
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 2:27pm On Oct 12, 2014
naturally:

I am a Muslim. Are you sure I wasn't the person you saw in your dream today?
I"ve not slept,on a marathon,smoking my 4th spliff today. I lyk muslims,my first gf was a muslim
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by naturally: 2:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
kaya09:

I"ve not slept,on a marathon,smoking my 4th spliff today. I lyk muslims,my first gf was a muslim

Just dont smoke ur lungs out. NL still needs you
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Aringon(m): 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
lalasticlala:
With the way some self acclaimed born again Christians behave sometime, one may not easily differentiate between them and those that are not born again.

So many Christians have abused this born again thing so much. Almost everybody claims to be born again when asked. Some even use their mouth to tell you that they are born again.

I once trusted an associate pastor, a born again, before and helped him by lending him some money. He promised to pay within a month or so. I did that when the shop he & his wife manage got burnt. But he couldn't pay as he promised. It lingered up to 2 years. Each time I asked for my money, he would make promises which he never fulfilled. At a time, I started collecting things from his shop and he was subtracting the money, and he also paid in stipends until I got my money back without using it for tangible thing. Meanwhile, he had grown up children that are doing fine. Of course they use to send him money.

This is just one out of the several experiences I have had with some 'born again' Christians.

I have equally encountered two born again Christians that I believe were real. Their characters spoke for them.

So are you a born again Christian?

Can you boldly tell us that you are a born again Christian?

Does your life style portray you as a true born again Christan?

What Qualities should born again Christians exhibit?

So many questions that need answers.

Its wrong for any supposedly born again Christian to tell you s/he is a born Christian, by their fruits we shall know them. Their lives is the bible people shud read and not what s/he says.

However, since the heavenly race is on going, its the mercy of God that covers the weaknesses of such sister or brother, nobody is perfect. Help in praying for her/him cos its only our God that is good and perfect.

Its a race which each and everyone of us MUST win to receive a crown. The weaknesses you have seen shows you that, we are human being ok

God bless you, meanwhile assist in praying for them cos on judgement day, there will be lawyer to defend the culprit and DON'T allow what you see to deceive you not to accept Jesus Christ as your Lord and personal saviour, experience it yourself and you will be thankful to God for doing this

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 2:33pm On Oct 12, 2014
naturally:

Just dont smoke ur lungs out. NL still needs you
Its not cigarettes,its quite healthy. Its Cannabis.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Sleekyshuga(f): 2:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
iceberylin:

Ĩ ŚŤĨĹĹ ĎŐŃŤ ÚŃĎĔŔŚŤÁŃĎ undecided
What don't you understand? Knowing them by dia fruits or the Christianity?
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by iceberylin(m): 2:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
Sleekyshuga:
What don't you understand? Knowing them by dia fruits or the Christianity?
ŤĤĔ ßŐŤĤ
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 2:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
kaya09:

You should know i am your father,ásswipe
#ignored.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Revolva(m): 2:48pm On Oct 12, 2014
I dont know a true born again christian ..i only know a true p.orn again one grin grin grin grin
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Bale1(m): 2:50pm On Oct 12, 2014
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by seansifo(m): 2:53pm On Oct 12, 2014
My people I have no idea where is "true born again Christian" came from but all I know is either you're a "Christian" or not simple. Also, Christianity is not a religion where they ask " are you a Christian or a Muslim" what makes you a Christian is simply you've given your life to God and if you have not given your life to Christ bro forget your not a "Christian even if you go yo church 14 times a week
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by dayotheone(m): 2:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
there are only two ways to identify a born again Christian
1... through the help of the holy spirit
2... through there fruit
therefore , God can tell you in particular that, " that is my son or daughter". through that means you have no reason to doubt . another way is , if you are not filled with the holy spirit yourself , or you are not a Christian yourself ..there is no way you can clarify " the perfect form of a child of God " and also no spirit can either guild you either ...therefore: most importantly........
"..you must be a child of God urself to decipher a child of God "...and also it does not stop there, be filled with the holy spirit , because we are in the end of time ...where we could be deceived
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by charleff512(m): 2:57pm On Oct 12, 2014
Funjosh:
Nothing like bornagain, or bornagain Christain. A Christain is a Christain lipsrsealed
Thanks bro
You are either a churchgoer or a Christian.Christianity is a way of life.The early believers never called themselves Christians.The people of Antioch called them Christians because they saw them behave like Christ.Christianity is a way of life that depicts christlike conduct.
The endtime churchgoers have made people mock our faith.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by JayEye(m): 2:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
Born again simply means to put off your old way of living and live by the principles of Christ. (This involves repentance and baptism Acts 2:38)

This is not easy though, after doing this..you may backslide or fall into sin but there is grace..there is a loving Jesus who is ready to forgive you when you confess and repent wholeheartedly.

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Mintayo(m): 3:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
bustyhelen:
What he said could b very true. some so called born again sistas afta suking diks, would frm there go and use dat same mouth 2 sing in choir or lead in praises, same goes 2 some self proclaimed brodas, who afta sex or licking a pucii would use same mouth 2 lead in praises & solo and would b speaking in tongues
dem plenty for church dis days o. Both guys and ladies!
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Amadaz(m): 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
lalasticlala:
With the way some self acclaimed born again Christians behave sometime, one may not easily differentiate between them and those that are not born again.

So many Christians have abused this born again thing so much. Almost everybody claims to be born again when asked. Some even use their mouth to tell you that they are born again.

I once trusted an associate pastor, a born again, before and helped him by lending him some money. He promised to pay within a month or so. I did that when the shop he & his wife manage got burnt. But he couldn't pay as he promised. It lingered up to 2 years. Each time I asked for my money, he would make promises which he never fulfilled. At a time, I started collecting things from his shop and he was subtracting the money, and he also paid in stipends until I got my money back without using it for tangible thing. Meanwhile, he had grown up children that are doing fine. Of course they use to send him money.

This is just one out of the several experiences I have had with some 'born again' Christians.

I have equally encountered two born again Christians that I believe were real. Their characters spoke for them.

So are you a born again Christian?

Can you boldly tell us that you are a born again Christian?

Does your life style portray you as a true born again Christan?

What Qualities should born again Christians exhibit?

So many questions that need answers.
They usually wear oversized clothing.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by daxon001(m): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
I see dat some of u r trivializing dis issue.some even bragging about d worldy escapades dey've had wif d 'supposedly born again'.
i'll try 2 make dis clear.dis is more deep dan u think.k now.have u heard of justification& sanctification.dese r part of d foremost things dat happen u as a born again.God doesn't see u as a sinner anymore.he sees u like christ.u sin doesn't mean u sin-or u're a sinner.funny ba?dis means sinning isn't ur nature.u r translated from d offspring of Adam 2d offspring of d father.there's now no condemnation 2 u.Rom 8
paradventure u miss it(sin)there's an advocate in heaven who pleads on ur behalf.even b4 u pray 4 forgiveness,it's ansad.dis is neva by works,d key word in dis regard is grace.Eph 2.4 by it d born again is saved.it just abounds in his life.and d abundance of dis grace doesn't mean he shud continue in sin.Rom 6.so he doesn't try 2 pls God or anybody by works no!odawise,he'll miss it.by faith,he has d righteousness,uprightness,holiness etc of God.dis nature and light of God automatically reflects in his character.
ps:christianity is a nature not religion.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Generalkorex(m): 3:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
Its always written on d forehead look well
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by naturally: 3:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
kaya09:

Its not cigarettes,its quite healthy. Its Cannabis.
shocked you are on your own o
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by henryutd(m): 3:09pm On Oct 12, 2014
I can boldly say that I am a born again. I represent Christ anywhere anytime. He lives in me.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by free2ryhme: 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
To know a true born again xtian is by his or her xter
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 3:12pm On Oct 12, 2014
naturally:

shocked you are on your own o
haba na,ur with me
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Sleekyshuga(f): 3:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
iceberylin:

ŤĤĔ ßŐŤĤ
"But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, longsuffering, gentleness, goodness, faith, meekness, temperance: against such there is no law".. Galatians 5:22-23... A christian should be able to possess all these qualities, and they are so transparent enough for the world to see...

A Christian is one who believes in Christ, and acts like Christ...
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by jamace(m): 3:17pm On Oct 12, 2014
Where dem dey? For Naija here? God help us!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benin Republic Preacher Declares Herself 'Perfect’ & ‘God’s Holy Spirit’ / Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video) / The Egypt Hollywood Never Shows You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.