Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,515 members, 7,808,881 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:34 PM

How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? - Religion (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? (30311 Views)

Can A Born Again Christian Be A Soldier? / Is President Goodluck Ebele Jonathan A Born Again Christian? / A Born Again Christian Is Not A Sinner (even If He Sins) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by bornagain1509(f): 10:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
naturally:

Lol, good to know we have bornagain on NL. Are you really bornagain?

why?
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by KLand(m): 11:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
By their fruit we shall know them. They love Jesus and they obey His words. They are not perfect but they try to please God more than man. They do not enjoy sin so they feel remorse and repent whenever they make a mistake.

Anyone who says he is born again and yet enjoys committing sin lieing. This reminds me of one NLer who claims to be born again but enjoys having s2x with someone she is not maried to. Very funny.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Terdoo2k4(m): 11:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
If you go through the book of 1st John you'll see signs of a true believer... that book was written for the assurance of salvation and also as a. test booklet for the verse 2 Corinthians 13:5

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by deleo16(m): 11:46pm On Oct 12, 2014
ayo4dworld:
The question are you a true born again Christian cannot be answered by yourself. For the truth to be spoken, others have to Identify your Character with Christ. The apostles were first called Christians in Antioch, not that they called themselves Christians but people identified a Christ like behaviour/character in them that made them conclude they were Christians. Anybody you can't identify Christ like attitude in Him/her is not born again. God bless you! Have a glorious week ahead!
true talk just like what apostlo Paul explain in Galatians 5 fruit of flesh and spirir

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by deleo16(m): 11:47pm On Oct 12, 2014
ayo4dworld:
The question are you a true born again Christian cannot be answered by yourself. For the truth to be spoken, others have to Identify your Character with Christ. The apostles were first called Christians in Antioch, not that they called themselves Christians but people identified a Christ like behaviour/character in them that made them conclude they were Christians. Anybody you can't identify Christ like attitude in Him/her is not born again. God bless you! Have a glorious week ahead!
true talk just like what apostlo Paul explain in Galatians 5 fruit of flesh and spirit
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by deleo16(m): 11:56pm On Oct 12, 2014
BAYKEM:
Having glanced through all the comments, I feel indebted to add my view.
To start with, the term born again has its origin in the book of John 3vs1-5. It signifies a new birth; one which is totally different, greater and life-giving than the initial birth. It is the very basis and foundation of Christianity. It gives a man membership to God's vineyard and kingdom. A born again Christian is one who has confessed Jesus as His/Her Lord and savior (Romans 10 vs 9-11). One who has totally surrendered to the will of his saviour and new master; Jesus Christ. One who no longer fulfils the desires of the flesh (Romans 8 vs cool.
NOTE
1. A person may have being born again and yet struggle with sin if he/she lacks proper nourishment, knowledge and the grace to carry on. And as a result, backslide amd return to his/her vomit.
2. Many are so vibrant, religious and hard working today but are yet to be born again.
3. There is difference between a born again christian, a growing christian (after being born) and a matured christian. A Christian may be born again and not grow and as a result, he/she may die. A christian may be born again and be growing but not yet matured. And lastly a Christian may have undergone the three steps.
4. A person must always remember that after birth, he or she is a new creature which must grow each day to avoid stagnancy and extinct. Let me ask you my reader, if u are truly born again, are you growing, stagnant or dead?

NOW TO THEIR IDENTIFICATION
1. Be not deceived, their outer appearance, willingness, zealousness and eagerness to do God's work and position in the church has nothing to do with being born again. It is very difficult to discern them. First and foremost, you will need a spirit of discernment in order to discern the actual spirit that operates through them. Peter used that in Acts 5. A person who lacks the spirit of discernment would be easily deceived by the amount Anania and Saffira brought to the house of God. They will think they have great passion to serve God and therefore they are truly born again. But alas they are not. Your close observation may not work here, but spirit of discernment would work. Paul also used the spirit of discernment in Act 16vs16-18

2. They will focus on heavenly things and not wordly things. They will always want to be fruitful in order to expand God's kingdom and hence a great reward in heaven. They will no longer live the formal life of their old self. They will become new in their actions, speeches, behaviour, relationship, and so on.

3. They will portray Christ-like characters. The things you would see in them would reveal Christ. They will be small-Christs.

Lastly, judge not anyone. Underrate no one. And do not pit ur trust in any man. Man may fail you (even the true born agains), that doesn't mean they are not born again. Men fail only God do not. Allow the Holy Spirit to guide you and u will be able to discern who the true Christians are. The Mr and Miss "Small Christ" to you may be the Mr and Miss "Ahab and Jezebel" to others who knows them better and closer than u do.

Love your neighbour, Keep up your faith in Christ, be mot weary by the situations of things in christiandom nowadays. And always remember there still exist true born again christians (Romans 11 vs 4).

Remain blessed.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by naturally: 2:14am On Oct 13, 2014
bornagain1509:

why?

Nothing, just pulling your legs. I hope the legs havent cut grin
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by knowledge4(m): 7:08am On Oct 13, 2014
Trust no one but God alone (Jeremiah 17:5)
As for identifying who is a truly born again Xtian,only God can do that (2 Timothy 2:19)(Matthew 7:21-23)

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 7:17am On Oct 13, 2014
herald9:

Have you considered the fact that she'll always go back to it after each repentance.

That's just hypocrisy abeg
then it is Not Repentance.Her heart has been BEWITCHED by the pleasure of the sin.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 7:25am On Oct 13, 2014
that is also the reason why many people find one sin difficult to overcome.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Dan1cole(m): 8:58am On Oct 13, 2014
The moment you give your life to Christ,
answering to the call of salvation,
everything about you changed spiritually.
Your identity, origin and nationality.
The moment you believe and confess
Christ as your Lord and personal savior,
there is a shift; from the kingdom of
darkness/satan into the kingdom of light/
God. You become a righteous person and a
citizen of heaven, whether you feel it or
not. But ... Pls Read The Full/Awesome Article Here => www.bbsermons.cf/2014/10/how-to-naturally-manifest-the-new-you/
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by wales2007(m): 12:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
Simply check out his/her "Character" cos The Bible says by their fruits you shall know them
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by blezdem(m): 12:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
A born again christian from Nigeria is not different from that of UK. Whoever is born of God overcomes the world and its pleasures. If you cannot please God, you have only tried to deceive men not God.

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Rejji(m): 12:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
lalasticlala:
With the way some self acclaimed born again Christians behave sometime, one may not easily differentiate between them and those that are not born again.

So many Christians have abused this born again thing so much. Almost everybody claims to be born again when asked. Some even use their mouth to tell you that they are born again.

I once trusted an associate pastor, a born again, before and helped him by lending him some money. He promised to pay within a month or so. I did that when the shop he & his wife manage got burnt. But he couldn't pay as he promised. It lingered up to 2 years. Each time I asked for my money, he would make promises which he never fulfilled. At a time, I started collecting things from his shop and he was subtracting the money, and he also paid in stipends until I got my money back without using it for tangible thing. Meanwhile, he had grown up children that are doing fine. Of course they use to send him money.

This is just one out of the several experiences I have had with some 'born again' Christians.

I have equally encountered two born again Christians that I believe were real. Their characters spoke for them.

So are you a born again Christian?

Can you boldly tell us that you are a born again Christian?

Does your life style portray you as a true born again Christan?

What Qualities should born again Christians exhibit?

So many questions that need answers.
I'm a born again christian, my only problem is that I usually find it hard to overcome temptation.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by OlusolaWarrior: 2:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
You no explain how your pastor dey nack your Theresah! grin grin

Yomieluv:
Anybody that uses God's name to swear by trying to prove him/herself to me,I run.

Born again has ceased to exist since first testament,what we have now are just church goers.

Imagine,my Ex,after several rounds of sex at home,got to church to lead the praise,and worship songs,funniest things,she was crying while singing.

I was like WTF,no be Theresa be this again?

To me,born again do not exist.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Dan1cole(m): 2:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
Rejji:

I'm a born again christian, my only problem is that I usually find it hard to overcome temptation.

You need more of the word in you. Make a choice to stay away from temptations and also ask the Holy Spirit to help you.
...God Bless You!

2 Likes

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by calaharry: 3:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
christemmbassey:
There is NOTHING LIKE a true ''BORN AGAIN CHRISTIAN'' you are a christian or a nonchristian
...what about Judas that betrayed Christ,he was a fake born again for sure.
Certainly any original must hav imitation. cry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by bustyhelen(f): 5:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
Sunbellar:

Busty, you seem to be talking from experience.

lol
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by teenagetalks(f): 8:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
I don't believe in just church going but basically on christ-like people.a godly is a perfect example of a born again christian.visit #www.teenagerta . .com for useful tips

1 Like

Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Oct 13, 2014
forget religion! only those who practise Gandhiism(true and non violence) wholeheartedly are the true born again.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by CANTICLES: 2:09am On Oct 14, 2014
Gabson91:
You all could make fun and say all sort. one thing is certain, we cannot mock God, what a man sows;that he will reap. Jesus speaking in John 3:3-5 says except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God, also he must be baptised both with water and of the Holy Spirit. We will all die no matter how great we are or the pleasure we enjoy, it will all come to an end and in less than a second after death, we face reality (baam), and you wonder where am i. you make mockery of the man of God, the brother, the sister who always persuade you to change, they are the witness God will have against you, "did mr A preached to you on this date?" !
Bro, all dis drama u are describing and forming contradicts d scriptures o, "the living know that they will die, but as for the dead, they know nothing at all " Ecclesistes 9:5,10 ! The dead are dead! Dey know nothing
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by alexasomba(m): 6:16am On Oct 14, 2014
By their fruits you shall know them. Just watch them carefully.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by DaWorshiper(m): 11:25am On Oct 14, 2014
Yomieluv:
Anybody that uses God's name to swear by trying to prove him/herself to me,I run.

Born again has ceased to exist since first testament,what we have now are just church goers.

Imagine,my Ex,after several rounds of sex at home,got to church to lead the praise,and worship songs,funniest things,she was crying while singing.

probably she was crying out of repentance and a broken heart for what she did. Don't judge people's actions sha, until u know their motives. Somebody that u may b looking at as a sinner today bcuz u caught him or her in one wrong doing yestday, may hav confessd to God and b forgiven immediately after d act yestday. jUDGE NOT bro, na only God know everythin.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 11:33am On Oct 14, 2014
DaWorshiper:

probably she was crying out of repentance and a broken heart for what she did. Don't judge people's actions sha, until u know their motives. Somebody that u may b looking at as a sinner today bcuz u caught him or her in one wrong doing yestday, may hav confessd to God and b forgiven immediately after d act yestday. jUDGE NOT bro, na only God know everythin.
or she was reminiscing while singing and having a second holy orgaşm on the spot? I'm a clean person.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by christemmbassey(m): 11:36am On Oct 14, 2014
calaharry:

...what about Judas that betrayed Christ,he was a fake born again for sure.
Certainly any original must hav imitation. cry
you are wrong, Judas was not a fake born again, bc it was not possible to be born again in his life time.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Nobody: 11:47am On Oct 14, 2014
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Image123(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
DaWorshiper:

That is where restitution comes to play. True repentance involves her restituting with her former sin partner.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Image123(m): 2:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
dp
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Image123(m): 2:29pm On Oct 14, 2014
Yomieluv:

Your ex is not a representative of all christians.
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Ajibam: 2:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
christemmbassey:
you are wrong, Judas was not a fake born again, bc it was not possible to be born again in his life time.
do you know about predestination?
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by paxonel(m): 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
in the real sense, there is nothing like born again in Christianity, check your Bible, there was nothing like christianity on earth the day Jesus met Nicodemus
Re: How Can One Identify A True Born Again Christian? by Dan1cole(m): 8:15am On Oct 15, 2014
paxonel:
in the real sense, there is nothing like born again in Christianity, check your Bible, there was nothing like christianity on earth the day Jesus met Nicodemus

Yes bro, there is something like born-again in Christianity. Which bible have you been reading? See John 3:3 ...

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Benin Republic Preacher Declares Herself 'Perfect’ & ‘God’s Holy Spirit’ / Church Forbids Wife From Sleeping With Hubby Over Holy Communion / Clapping For Jesus Is Wrong — Pastor Damina Lectures Christians (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.