Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,496 members, 7,808,835 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:43 PM

A Saint In Disguise - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / A Saint In Disguise (10559 Views)

The One In Disguise...loading / A Saint's Death-(a Play By Seezzy) / 'In The Shadow Of A Saint' By Ken Saro Wiwa's Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 11:45am On Oct 12, 2014
Hello guys, overtime I've admired the works of Nnedi Okorafor and Chimamanda Adichie....here on nairaland, writers like PrettySpicey, Danwrites, Stefikal and Flakkydagirl have also spurred me....at about now, I've decided to come out of my shell and try my hands at something I've always loved and admired- writing!!! I'll be doing this soon and i just hope i get your love, support and encouragement...not to forget your healthy criticisms and corrections too-*****muuaaaahhhhhh***
This work is the sole property of the author. No part of it may be copied, reposted on any blog/ site or published without permission from the author. Pirates beware!!!
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 12:31pm On Oct 12, 2014
Please guys, I had to delete so many parts of this story from here due to the plagiarism issues on Nairaland. Please bear with me. If you're still interested in following this story up and several others please do well to visit my blog, amakaekezie..com. Thanks.
Re: A Saint In Disguise by Flakkydagirl: 3:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nice intro.....

I see the beginning of something great..
Keep it up.
And don't keep us waiting for long.

FlakkyDagirl
Re: A Saint In Disguise by Seanixking: 3:10pm On Oct 12, 2014
#jumped in thru de window....hehe pls update regularly den u gonna get enuf comment.....#bar man pls brinq my favourite drink.

1 Like

Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 4:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
I promise to begin very regular updates from 8pm today..thanks y'all***kisses**
Re: A Saint In Disguise by chuking2013: 4:37pm On Oct 12, 2014
nice one baby gurl winknice one baby gurl
Re: A Saint In Disguise by oniguguru(m): 5:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
Nice! I can hardly wait for the remaining parts
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2014
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 10:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
cont'd
Re: A Saint In Disguise by ThaRuthlxx7: 4:42am On Oct 13, 2014
so far so good.. All going well..

If ur new in writting u should learn how to tag noteable writters of literature in Nairaland to get more traffic..

I will expect some updates
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 6:57am On Oct 13, 2014
Flakkydagirl:
Nice intro.....

I see the beginning of something great..
Keep it up.
And don't keep us waiting for long.

FlakkyDagirl
Yes ma'am...thank you nd i do hope you stick around
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 6:58am On Oct 13, 2014
ThaRuthlxx7:

If ur new in writting u should learn how to tag noteable writters of literature in Nairaland to get more traffic..

Noted smiley
ThaRuthlxx7:

Noted
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
cont'd

"
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 10:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
Re: A Saint In Disguise by Meekzy(f): 9:16am On Oct 14, 2014
awwwww am proud of u babe......u r a great story teller....work a bit more on it and u will do greatly....well done sweetie..

1 Like

Re: A Saint In Disguise by ruffhandu: 9:17am On Oct 14, 2014
McJANNY,
You are a wonderful writer and I encourage you to keep it up. Don't let anything be a discouragement to your following this attempt to the end. However, I would like to point out some things I think you should address, unless if it is a modern writing style am not aware of yet.

You should start a new conversation on a new line, and one person's speech should be bordered with only one set of inverted commas, unless if there is a word from the author in-between.

McJANNY:
cont'd
"You know you can always talk to me"
"Just spill it..you don't have to select words". She bent to reassure her and folded Kamsi's hands slightly into hers.

"I'm really sorry i have to bother you with stuff like this all the time"
"But right now I'm at crossroads...i don't know.."
Her voice trailed off and she began to sob lightly.The moment Esomo heard 'stuff like this', she got a hint of what the problem was likely to be.
"I know what the problem is".
"You need urgent cash, isn't it?"

"I got out there everyday, i meet with all kinds of men, i try to play my cards well...you think i do it because i love it?
"I honestly don't know what you take me for..."
"Because all you do is attend lectures, eat my food, sleep, and then preach to me..."

I opine the above should be written as:

"You know you can always talk to me. Just spill it..you don't have to select words". She bent to reassure her and folded Kamsi's hands slightly into hers.

"I'm really sorry i have to bother you with stuff like this all the time. But right now I'm at crossroads...i don't know.."
Her voice trailed off and she began to sob lightly.The moment Esomo heard 'stuff like this', she got a hint of what the problem was likely to be.
"I know what the problem is. You need urgent cash, isn't it? I got out there everyday, i meet with all kinds of men, i try to play my cards well...you think i do it because i love it? I honestly don't know what you take me for... Because all you do is attend lectures, eat my food, sleep, and then preach to me..."

McJANNY:
"Because what would happen eh?? respect yourself and just be nice oh, afterall, a little break from the norm wouldn't hurt".
"Would it?"

Also, the above should be written as:
"Because what would happen eh?? respect yourself and just be nice oh, afterall, a little break from the norm wouldn't hurt. Would it?"

I hope my inputs are not out of place. Keep up the good work and be rest assured people like me are right behind you.
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 9:45am On Oct 14, 2014
ruffhandu:
McJANNY,
You are a wonderful writer and I encourage you to keep it up. Don't let anything be a discouragement to your following this attempt to the end. However, I would like to point out some things I think you should address, unless if it is a modern writing style am not aware of yet.

You should start a new conversation on a new line, and one person's speech should be bordered with only one set of inverted commas, unless if there is a word from the author in-between.

I opine the above should be written as:

"You know you can always talk to me. Just spill it..you don't have to select words". She bent to reassure her and folded Kamsi's hands slightly into hers.

"I'm really sorry i have to bother you with stuff like this all the time. But right now I'm at crossroads...i don't know.."
"I know what the problem is. You need urgent cash, isn't it? I got out there everyday, i meet with all kinds of men, i try to play my cards well...you think i do it because i love it? I honestly don't know what you take me for... Because all you do is attend lectures, eat my food, sleep, and then preach to me..."

Also, the above should be written as:
"Because what would happen eh?? respect yourself and just be nice oh, afterall, a little break from the norm wouldn't hurt. Would it?"

I hope my inputs are not out of place. Keep up the good work and be rest assured people like me are right behind you.
Thank u xoxo much..i really appreciate and i promise to work on all you've pointed out***smiles***
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 10:14am On Oct 15, 2014
cont'd

1 Like

Re: A Saint In Disguise by ThaRuthlxx7: 2:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
i dy with you my man
Re: A Saint In Disguise by Nobody: 4:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
coolfollowing
Re: A Saint In Disguise by Suczys(f): 5:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
I love the suspense...so far a good story
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 8:40pm On Oct 15, 2014
Suczys:
I love the suspense...so far a good story
Thanks bae!!

1 Like

Re: A Saint In Disguise by Yeahme06(f): 10:14am On Oct 17, 2014
Interesting story...
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 11:59am On Oct 17, 2014
cont'd.
It was about 12.45am now. Engr.John and Esomo had left a few minutes ago leaving Kamsi in the care of Canon. All through the drinking and chattering, she couldn't help but wonder what would become of her if she didn't take the necessary action. She just had to think of something and right now, ideas were failing her. Normally, she went about with a blade or her pepper spray but today was different because she only thought it was an honest outing but unfortunately things turned out that way. Now, here she was at the mercy of a stranger whom she barely knew, who could ravage her if he so desired with her doing little or absolutely nothing.
As her mind wandered, her eyes caught hold of something on the table- the heavy wine opener. Although, it made no sense to her at that instant, her eyes kept lingering on the metallic object on the table and like someone being remote-controlled by some strange force, she carefully and quietly slipped the wine opener into her bag.
In another 20minutes, she was in a room-Room 301- with Canon. She settled on a sofa with her eyes glued to the tv and pretended not to notice the uneasiness Canon exhibited.Although, the conversation he had with Esomo kept replaying in his head, he waved it aside and thought that afterall, she was just a girl like the others and saw no reason why he should give her special preference- he paid for the commodity and therefore should maximise its utility.
Canon got up from the bed where he'd been sitting for a while now, sat beside her on the sofa and without mincing words, he told her the very reason why they were there because according to him, "time was far spent". Kamsi only gave a slight nod and fixed her gaze on the tv. By now Canon had grown visibly angry and he wondered if her senses were 100% intact because of the manner with which she stared at him and only shook her head at intervals whenever she meant to say 'no'.
Whatever attitude she put up, Canon's determination to get it all done and over with, was what pushed him. He quietly went into the bathroom, took a quick shower and in no time was out in only a pair of boxers. He was startled to find Kamsi in the same position he left her and it was then he became quite convinced that it was either the girl was possessed or mentally imbalanced, but whatever the case, it wasn't going to deter him.
Re: A Saint In Disguise by folake25(f): 12:40pm On Oct 17, 2014
you are really doing a great work. well done. following instantly.
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
amakaekezie..com
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 12:43pm On Oct 17, 2014
folake25:
you are really doing a great work. well done. following instantly.
Thank u sweetie..

1 Like

Re: A Saint In Disguise by Costlybabe: 1:36pm On Oct 17, 2014
I can't help but comments,it's intriguing and yummy yummy

1 Like

Re: A Saint In Disguise by ThaRuthlxx7: 4:51pm On Oct 17, 2014
mcJenny i like ur work its good
Re: A Saint In Disguise by Nobody: 12:50pm On Oct 19, 2014
I so much love ur story, keep it cumin dear #following bumper to bumper#
Re: A Saint In Disguise by McJANNY(f): 3:13pm On Oct 19, 2014
Jollyjoy:
I so much love ur story, keep it cumin dear #following bumper to bumper#
Thank u xoxo much...*blushing**
Re: A Saint In Disguise by ruffhandu: 4:38pm On Oct 19, 2014
Good job. Keep it up.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

John Grisham Or Sydney Sheldon / Why Do People Dislike Reading Science Fiction? / knight of valor episodes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.