Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,809 members, 7,806,264 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:44 PM

Learning African Languages - Culture (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Learning African Languages (14466 Views)

African Languages And Cultures Need To Be Eliminated As Soon As Possible. / Top 10 Most Spoken Nigerian Languages / European Languages Are Killing African Languages (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
[quote author=MissMeiya post=28428790][/quote]

Lots of people on this forum have multiple accounts. It doesn't surprise me if you log into your multiple monikers to share a bullshit post of yours.
Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:30pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimmy05:
cheesy cheesy

cheesy Straight to the point indeed! I think she was actually referring to herself. LOL
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:31pm On Nov 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Lots of people on this forum have multiple accounts. It doesn't surprise me if you log into your multiple monikers to share a bullshit post of yours.

*disdain*

Yeah. You're not worth it. Bye.
Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:32pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

I went straight to the off point. As the multiple likes on my first post attest to exposes me. You were I was the only one who decided to get defensive and start talking bullshít.

Corrected.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:33pm On Nov 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

By straight to the point, you mean actually telling the meaning of those names I asked for their meaning or typing out unwarranted jargon?

Go look up the meaning of jargon. Nigerians like to misuse that word. Also, the word is "trash" not "thrash" re: that last time you used the word.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:34pm On Nov 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You mean the likes from defensless african americans on this forum who could not simply give what the meanings of their names since almost 3 weeks I asked the meaning? And then you came with all that off-point bullshit, as suppopsedly their 'saviour', and they ran behind you like scared little girls? Now, that was funny.

Sorry, jackáss. Sometimes you're wrong. Stop looking for reasons why people don't agree with you. Yeah, sure. There are oh-so-many African Americans on Nairaland, and that's totally the reason why people agree with me. Get a life.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
grin cheesy :Dbigfrancis21, don't do that naww
Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Go look up the meaning of jargon. Nigerians like to misuse that word. Also, the word is "trash" not "thrash" re: that last time you used the word.

You know they are hurting then they ignore the topic of debate at hand and start correcting your grammar. cheesy
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Corrected.

Seriously, get a life. Don't ask questions if you can't handle a response.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

You know they are hurting then they ignore the topic of debate at hand and start correcting your grammar. cheesy

*disdain*

You get more and more pathetic with each post.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:36pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimmy05:
grin cheesy :Dbigfrancis21, don't do that naww

Are you his cheerleader?
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
Bigfrancis21, take my advice and remove your tongue from the white man's anus. Then get a life.
Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

That's the meaning of 'Jargon', smart a$$ smiley

Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:37pm On Nov 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

smiley

Good work. Now read it.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:38pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

you don't need to act pained. You could just forget the back and forth.

1 Like

Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

Seriously, I need to get a life. Don't ask I shouldn't reply questions if you I can't handle compose a response.

1 Like

Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:39pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimmy05:
you don't need to act pained. You could just forget the back and forth.

I left. He keeps quoting me with stúpid grins.

How many times did he quote me? I logged in to see 6 mentions from the same person. I quoted him ONCE before all this back and forth. So advise your friend not to be so pained. I'm already gone.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:41pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

I left. He keeps quoting me with stúpid grins.

How many times did he quote me? I logged in to see 6 mentions from the same person. I quoted him ONCE before all this back and forth. So advise your friend not to be so pained. I'm already gone.
it's Black Friday. You can take a walk and get yourself some needs.

1 Like

Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:42pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:
Let's dissect SheKnows.com. since it's apparently an authority on history. Because, I mean, THERE'S A SCREENSHOT OF IT.

Still waiting for your almighty dissecting of sheknows.com. It's been over 1 hour now and you have failed as usual to come up with something.

*Sitting back, sipping on some diet coke mixed with lemonade and cranberry juice while I watch you make a huge jest of yourself* smiley

1 Like

Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:44pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimmy05:

Bro, you're wicked. cheesy

She absolutely has no point left and resorted to going back and forth to 'save face'.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:48pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

You need to listen more than you talk. I know it's the usual norm, but you could try to act different.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:51pm On Nov 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Still waiting for your almighty dissecting of sheknows.com. It's been over 1 hour now and you have failed as usual to come up with something.

*Sitting back, sipping on some diet coke mixed with lemonade and cranberry juice while I watch you make a huge jest of yourself* smiley

I have better things to do. I thought that was obvious.

Do you seriously need someone to tell you that a site called SheKnows.com is not an authority on anything at all? Seriously? Dude, I told you to go get a life.
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 28, 2014
bigfrancis21:

Bro, you're wicked. cheesy

She absolutely has no point left and resorted to going back and forth to 'save face'.
slimmy05:

Oh, you must be so excited. What a pair of children.

"Skimmy" didn't I tell you I've left? The two of you can continue to jerk each other off in here, but don't quote me while you do it.

BYE.

2 Likes

Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

"Skimmy" didn't I tell you I've left? The two of you can continue to jerk each other off in here, but don't quote me while you do it.

BYE.
Thanks. I've known you lots like I know my name. Don't be too exhausted, go re-energize.

You're smart, but that usual talk without listening syndrome is affecting you. I like your moniker.
Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 9:59pm On Nov 28, 2014
MissMeiya:

BYE.

If you've left, then why do you keep coming back to 'save face', ehh?

For once in your lifetime, mean your words and leave, leave for good.
Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 10:01pm On Nov 28, 2014
slimmy05:
Thanks. I've known you lots like I know my name. Don't be too exhausted, go re-energize.

You're smart, but that usual talk without listening syndrome is affecting you. I like your moniker.

Yup, I've seen a couple of past posts of hers (especially the one on Nsibidi and, by the way, I totally loved it cool) she's indeed smart but she went totally bollocks on this one.

1 Like

Re: Learning African Languages by ChinenyeN(m): 10:17pm On Nov 28, 2014
I actually find MissMeiya's posts to be both warranted and refreshing. Many neglect and often deride/dismiss the culture that blacks in America have developed for themselves, particularly in light of an inability to reconnect to the ancestral culture they were stripped from (because, as MissMeiya so correctly pointed out, it is easier said than done).

This new Black American culture provided them with an identity they could call their own, with their own conventions (cultural ways of doing things). The history behind the development and the cultural conventions of Black America is not something that supposedly learned individuals should be so dismissive of, which is the point that I believe MissMeiya has been trying to make. However that is the nature of race relations in the US, as dismissive prejudices guide the unnecessary use of terms like "ghetto". Oddly enough, the very same derided culture is one that people worldwide have come to emulate (whether or not they want to admit it).

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 10:24pm On Nov 28, 2014
ChinenyeN:
I actually find MissMeiya's posts to be both warranted and refreshing. Many neglect and often deride/dismiss the culture that blacks in America have developed for themselves, particularly in light of an inability to reconnect to the ancestral culture they were stripped from (because, as MissMeiya so correctly pointed out, it is easier said than done).

This new Black American culture provided them with an identity they could call their own, with their own conventions (cultural ways of doing things). The history behind the development and the cultural conventions of Black America is not something that supposedly learned individuals should be so dismissive of, which is the point that I believe MissMeiya has been trying to make. However that is the nature of race relations in the US, as dismissive prejudices guide the unnecessary use of terms like "ghetto". Oddly enough, the very same derided culture is one that people worldwide have come to emulate (whether or not they want to admit it).

Thank you. Regarding your last observation, I know this to be true, from staring both cultures in the face for a quarter century. My father holds those adopted prejudices very firmly, even some that don't make sense for an African to have. But they are the views that get pumped out by the dominant demographic of a country that floods the international entertainment market with influential and subtle stereotypes that get absorbed globally.

P.S. I appreciate your apparent blind-eye to the childish scuffle just now
Re: Learning African Languages by Nobody: 10:29pm On Nov 28, 2014
cheesy It hasn't gotten to this. We wouldn't have had these back and forth if meanings were given rather than essay from your opinion or perceived opinion.

It's getting childish seriously. I am interested in the meaning of those names.

1 Like

Re: Learning African Languages by bigfrancis21: 11:06pm On Nov 28, 2014
Well, it was never an intention to be dismissive or deriding, if that's how you perceive it in your bid to appear 'politically correct'. A simple question asked does not equate to derision. One cannot pose a simple question without some emotionally-biased people reading a thousand and one meanings into it.

How hard has it become to admit to a simple fact objectively and quietly without looking at it through the lens of so-called racism and white-a$$-licking?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Learning African Languages by ChinenyeN(m): 11:26pm On Nov 28, 2014
Bigfrancis, is that directed at me?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

How Emir Sanusi Squandered N3.4b, By Kano Anti-graft Agency / UNBEATABLE: Abia State Has Over 1000 Traditional Rulers, Claims Obi Of Onitsha / Amusat laleye Dusin Kidnapped In Osun

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.