Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,457 members, 7,808,634 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:31 PM

Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? (3403 Views)

Do Ugly Humans Irritate You ? / Do Grammatical Blunders (gbagauns, Ibons) Irritate You? / What Are Your Pet Peeves, Phobias And Things That Irritate You? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by lalasticlala(m): 7:40pm On Oct 12, 2014
Chewing gum in public is extremely bad manners.

Improper gum chewing etiquette has gone under the radar for too long.
That’s right, folks, it’s high time we stopped letting the sweet and/or refreshing scent of chewing gum cloud our judgment.

From loud chewing like a cow, to popping bubbles endlessly, to forgetfully letting a small piece hang out of your mouth, gum chewing is rife with potential manners mistakes. The saying, “Can’t chew gum and walk at the same time” is only the start. It seems the moment some pop that decadent chewy square into their mouth, some of them enter a gum-induced trance and forget that there are people around them.

I was in a bus when I started hearing annoying sound of someone chewing so loudly, oblivious to the fact that there were others inside the vehicle. I turned back to see the lady chewing like a goat inside the bus, but I was shocked as it wasn't what I had in mind. It was actually a grown man of about 38-40 years. He was chewing so carelessly, and didn't care as people kept starring at him.
He later alighted. I was like at least one can now have one's ear rest from the annoying sound of gum chewing.

But I was wrong. As he alighted, the sound ceased for a while, only for another annoying sound to start again. But this time around from a woman. Although the sound was equally annoying and noisy, but that of the man who alighted was horrible.
That man was even blowing the gum in addition to the irritating sound.

Though I don't really like chewing gum, but am not against those that chew it. The only thing I detest about it is making unnecessary loud sound while chewing the gum, especially when the person chews in public.

Could it be that the person won't enjoy it when he/she chews silently?

I thought gum is for kids and girls/women.
Why would guys chew gums?

Does the loud sound of people chewing gum irritate you?

What's your take on this please?
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by iceberylin(m): 7:41pm On Oct 12, 2014
Incase wink

1 Like

Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by JOETYNO: 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
Kai!

The guy above me just book space :p

smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by Spicylate(f): 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2014
very annoying. inshort its not describeable.
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by naijaboiy: 7:54pm On Oct 12, 2014
There is nothing really wrong for a guy to chew gum...it's normal.

Gum is also good for people who partake in sports like athletics and sometimes football,,it helps them maintain breathing balance..

But when someone chews gum and starts making silly and annoying sounds Chewing like a cow when eating grass undecided

I usually feel like using a pump-action to blow-off that person's head angry
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by Nobody: 7:58pm On Oct 12, 2014
Like you rightly said,chewing gum in public is extremely bad manners! Speaks ill of a person irrespective of gender,and making that pop soundsad

Honestly this very topic is one of the many things that has made me realized "that its called common sense doesn't mean its common,else common sense will tell you chewing is bad enough
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by Nobody: 7:59pm On Oct 12, 2014
Absolutely. And it sometimes triggers my punching mechanism - if you know what I mean.

1 Like

Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by iyatrustee(f): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
I chew gum a lot but I am very conscious not to make a sound with it.

However, I have a colleague who is a M.sc holder in chewicology! grin cheesy cheesy
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by prettyjo(f): 8:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
chewing it in public is bad.but I like the sound,sometimes I even beg those chewing gum to teach me how to make the sound ##lolzzzz#
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by kristen12(f): 8:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
Chewing gum make me kinda active. Anytime I want to play with the gum or look for trouble that is when a make sounds or blow it. And I like seeing people doing the same thing.
But chewing like a goat is a NO for me
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by JOETYNO: 8:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
iceberylin:
Incase wink

incase u change am too smiley

1 Like

Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by Acidosis(m): 8:29pm On Oct 12, 2014
iyatrustee:
I chew gum a lot but I am very conscious not to make a sound with it.

However, I have a colleague who is a M.sc holder in chewicology! grin cheesy cheesy

Iya mi cheesy I've missed you
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by jacabi(m): 8:34pm On Oct 12, 2014
This habit is so irritating. Gum chewers should be mindful of others and do it moderately.
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by chibwike(m): 8:38pm On Oct 12, 2014
I can divorce my wife, for chewing gum
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by Nobody: 9:03pm On Oct 12, 2014
So irritating and annoying. Buh the one I hate more is of those that chew their food with their mouth opened.

I can tolerate gum chewing, but food? ? ?

No way
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by daveP(m): 9:04pm On Oct 12, 2014
(this is a scripted scene and should not be taken so serious)

Ben and his friend sat in the class, awaiting the lecturer. Danny enters and informs the class that the lecturer has postponed. They annoying leave for a restaurant

(at the bar)

Ben: guy wetin we go take now. See how this place dey silent like graveyard. I..... ( keeps mute as a girl in a seat nearby make unhealthy noise with her mouth)

Girl: klak! Pop! Toy! Puu!

Danny( pick up a plate and assumes he is about throwing a discus. He eventually does and it hits her neck and she screams painfully) toy toy. Annoying incapadance! (obviously unaware of how to express his annoyance)

Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by priscaoge(f): 9:05pm On Oct 12, 2014
chibwike:
I can divorce my wife, for chewing gum

If I hear undecided Some guys own irritates me most angry
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by priscaoge(f): 9:07pm On Oct 12, 2014
What about KESHI?
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by chibwike(m): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
priscaoge:

If I hear undecided Some guys own irritates me most angry
i dont roll with guys dat chew gum..i cant even stand that one
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by chibwike(m): 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
priscaoge:
What about Keshi?
and SIr Alex Ferguson
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by vosquare: 9:08pm On Oct 12, 2014
i so much hate dat tin....eni1 dat chews gum and makes fooli.sh noise with it,i cal him or her prostitute angry
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by priscaoge(f): 9:12pm On Oct 12, 2014
chibwike:
i dont roll with guys dat chew guw...i cant even stand that one

Lmao cheesy. A guy that was chewing a gum in a bus one day really annoyed me angry Chewing it,making a very loud noise and singing @ d Same time,with his earphone on his ears undecided undecided.
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by priscaoge(f): 9:13pm On Oct 12, 2014
chibwike:
and SIr Alex Ferguson

Those guys don't give a Fvck
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by chibwike(m): 9:16pm On Oct 12, 2014
priscaoge:

Those guys don't give a Fvck
i feel the gum is used to absorb tension
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by priscaoge(f): 9:19pm On Oct 12, 2014
chibwike:
i feel the gum is used to absorb tension

Lmao cheesy You might be right my Dear grin

KESHI fit de carry one Carton per march undecided undecided undecided cos mouth no de pain am embarassed
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by Nobody: 9:32pm On Oct 12, 2014
Chewing gum na real wahala, especially those that chew for long and even make bubble and nasty sounds angry angry .
Can't even remember the last time i chew jare wink wink
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by Nobody: 9:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
oh...good Jesus.
Lets not talk about how much I hate it

My bestie in Uni, was always chewing gum. I kept complaining - she refused to stop. I didn't know what to do...so one day I told her she looks like a goat chewing the cud lipsrsealed
...damn...she felt so bad. We were out @ the school cafeteria that day, so when we were done, she looked @ the mirror : while chewing the gum, and was like 'na true o'...hahahaha
I never saw her chew gum again till we grad.

Whenever we see someone else chewing gum, she wud tap me and say 'see goat'...hahhahaha.
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by lalasticlala(m): 9:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
aanumama:
Chewing gum na real wahala, especially those that chew for long and even make bubble and nasty sounds angry angry .
Can't even remember the last time i chew jare wink wink

lol @ bubble & nasty sound
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by lalasticlala(m): 9:39pm On Oct 12, 2014
odunharry come o
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by Tallesty1(m): 9:49pm On Oct 12, 2014
They are the easiest set of people to judge.

If nah woman, she is a prostitutesadsadsad.

If nah guy, He is a John
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by naturally: 10:00pm On Oct 12, 2014
Very annoying
Re: Does The Loud Sound Of A Person Chewing Gum Irritate You? by montestic(m): 10:14pm On Oct 12, 2014
its naturally good. i lv it wen women chew gum so loud, like playing band wit it. kpam! kpam! kpatakpam! its sexy. but as 4 guys dat do it, i am indifferent

(1) (2) (Reply)

EMERGENCY: Lagos - Lekki Ajah Market Currently On Fire / Who Will You Miss If He/she Leaves Nairaland? / Shocking Photo:suicidal Man Jumps Into Lions Den After Fight With Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.