Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,319 members, 7,780,791 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 10:16 PM

Why Is My Father So Quiet? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Is My Father So Quiet? (2739 Views)

How I Found My Father After 30yrs Through Nairaland / He Said NO To A Quiet Wedding!!! / A Christian Couple's Quiet Prayer Before Wedding Touched Thousands Of People (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is My Father So Quiet? by onila(f): 2:45am On Oct 13, 2014
he cant even talk to me for more than 2 minutes on the phone

he does not even gossip

how can me, a very energetic, hyper and talkative daughter

have such a father

I cant remember when I and my pops discussed abt anything last

1 Like

Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by mrbamo(m): 2:51am On Oct 13, 2014
LOL....I can tell you what to do, only if you will do it
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by onila(f): 3:15am On Oct 13, 2014
mrbamo:
LOL....I can tell you what to do, only if you will do it
what shld I do
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by mrbamo(m): 3:20am On Oct 13, 2014
First, Why do you think he doesnt want to talk with you? Do you live with him?
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by mamziii(f): 3:50am On Oct 13, 2014
onila:

he does not even gossip

have such a father

I guess its his nature. My dad can talk,d man is an ex military ofisa if na 2 shout him dey and if na 2 gist wit his kids as if dia his frenz him also dey. And d man sabi do amebo wella
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by slap1(m): 4:39am On Oct 13, 2014
Has he always been like that? If no, then maybe he is bothered about something. However, the best person to answer your question is him. Kindly ask him.
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by Richy4(m): 5:33am On Oct 13, 2014
There are ways you can bring him out of his shells.
I do not know your financial status but even if you are a student, you can do it.

Start with after shave or shorts. Say you are passing by and you saw this shorts and you thought he will like it.
That will tell him you care so much. Then start asking how his days was. But it is a gradual process.
Do you know how to love a friend no string attached, that's how to love love your type of dad.
If he puts on his clothes dress to go out, try and come out of your room tell him he looks cool then pretend to adjust his tie, straighten the collar of his shirts even when it is straighten. That will bring smile etc. Trust me he will start talking. Because he has gotten used to you caring before you know it, you will become daddy's girl with out knowing it

3 Likes

Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by eleojo23: 5:48am On Oct 13, 2014
If he's been like that all this time then it's probably his nature. He is wired that way. There is no cause for concern as long as you know he loves you. It should only bother you if he's like that towards you alone but if that's how he is with everyone else then there is no reason to worry. There are people like that. They hardly talk but that does not mean they don't care about their children/family. Sometimes they even wish they could express themselves better. You probably inherited your outgoing nature from your mum or a relative (i guess). Being an outgoing person, you can get him to talk a little more by trying to lengthen the conversation or bringing up topics that interests him. If you let him drive the conversation all the time, it's always going to be short because he doesn't have much to say.
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by 2cato: 7:07am On Oct 13, 2014
onila:

he does not even gossip

have such a father

if he is not sick then i am shearing almost thesam trait with him.
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 13, 2014
mamziii:
I guess its his nature. My dad can talk,d man is an ex military ofisa if na 2 shout him dey and if na 2 gist wit his kids as if dia his frenz him also dey. And d man sabi do amebo wella
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by Nobody: 7:26am On Oct 13, 2014
mamziii:
I like your fada
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by Nobody: 7:29am On Oct 13, 2014
Ask mumsi weiting dey do popsi den mumsi go tell you weiting they do popsi grin
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by skillzbae(f): 8:30am On Oct 13, 2014
Chaiiii.... I dnt pick my dad's call except im less busy, dat man can TALK. Has ur dad alwz been so quite? If yes, guess dats his nature, if no, go find out wat is wrong.
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by annexes: 8:31am On Oct 13, 2014
onila:

he does not even gossip

have such a father

Onila! Are you sure he's the one that gave birth to you? It is better you ask your mum very well.

2 Likes

Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by lymelyte(m): 10:28am On Oct 13, 2014
Obina abi na onila, thank God you know say you be talkative. smiley
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
You need to meet mine the only time you hear his voice is when he wants to tell you that you've done something wrong. I've gotten used to it o besides I console myself with I won't live in this house forever cry
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by MymothersKeeper(f): 5:49pm On Oct 13, 2014
I visited a young girl some time ago, I got there around 11am on one cool Saturday the father was sat in his regular chair just finished pap/akamu and akara. He said no word, none!!!! shocked I greeted him eventually he said ''okare oshey'' meaning thanks .
This man just sat there and dint utter a word till lunch time. He read papers in between, two men came from local church, they chatted a little prayed and left.
I realized that he has a well managed illness and dint want to tell his little girl, she is too young to understand. The wife who is like 20 years younger , a nurse came back and greeted him. She went straight to the kitchen and started preparing amala. I later told her that her father might have High BP , glaucoma , or diabetes but they dint see any need to tell her.
This same girl think she is first born when she is actually the first born of second wife with step sisters as old as her mother but they dint tell her. ¬!
@op as for you I think ur dad might have a lot on his mind

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by onila(f): 9:02pm On Oct 13, 2014
MymothersKeeper:
I visited a young girl some time ago, I got there around 11am on one cool Saturday the father was sat in his regular chair just finished pap/akamu and akara. He said no word, none!!!! shocked I greeted him eventually he said ''okare oshey'' meaning thanks .
This man just sat there and dint utter a word till lunch time. He read papers in between, two men came from local church, they chatted a little prayed and left.
I realized that he has a well managed illness and dint want to tell his little girl, she is too young to understand. The wife who is like 20 years younger , a nurse came back and greeted him. She went straight to the kitchen and started preparing amala. I later told her that her father might have High BP , glaucoma , or diabetes but they dint see any need to tell her.
This same girl think she is first born when she is actually the first born of second wife with step sisters as old as her mother but they dint tell her. ¬!
@op as for you I think ur dad might have a lot on his mind

my mother recently told me he has high blood pressure
my father is a shrewd business man does not have time to waste
always on the move
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by onila(f): 9:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
mrbamo:
First, Why do you think he doesnt want to talk with you? Do you live with him?

my parents divorced when I was small
lived with my mother, most of my life
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by mrbamo(m): 8:51am On Oct 14, 2014
I think your stories are not real, just a feeling tho. How is it going with you Pman now?
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by onila(f): 8:55am On Oct 14, 2014
mrbamo:
I think your stories are not real, just a feeling tho. How is it going with you Pman now?
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by Haywhymido(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2014
2cato:
if he is not sick then i am shearing almost thesam trait with him.
me too. But op, y must u gossip with ur father.I hate gossiping, u wnt me to keep mute during a conversation start gossiping/backbiting someone.
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by mrbamo(m): 8:59am On Oct 14, 2014
??
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by Deiok(m): 9:08pm On Oct 14, 2014
That is how I am at times, but when I eventualy loosen my tongue, you will be suprised I am the
same guy.
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 6:34pm On Oct 15, 2014
Maybe you are too talkative, I get that a lot too, camnewton u are too quiet, blah blah why aren't you talking jeez just shut up ....most quiet people are very intelligent/smart . cool

Teamquiet#
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by phadat(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2014
eleojo23:
If he's been like that all this time then it's probably his nature. He is wired that way. There is no cause for concern as long as you know he loves you. It should only bother you if he's like that towards you alone but if that's how he is with everyone else then there is no reason to worry. There are people like that. They hardly talk but that does not mean they don't care about their children/family. Sometimes they even wish they could express themselves better. You probably inherited your outgoing nature from your mum or a relative (i guess). Being an outgoing person, you can get him to talk a little more by trying to lengthen the conversation or bringing up topics that interests him. If you let him drive the conversation all the time, it's always going to be short because he doesn't have much to say.
it's the same with me, if you aren't bringing up topics that interest me , na so we go dey look each other
Re: Why Is My Father So Quiet? by ayobase(m): 5:17pm On Oct 20, 2014
onila:

he does not even gossip

have such a father

are you suspecting he aint ur biological, but foster father?

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Who Met His Wife On Facebook Names His Son After Mark Zuckerberg / Diff Btw D Regular Sma And Sma Gold / Close Your Legs Women!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.