Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,532 members, 7,808,949 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:50 PM

A Word Of Advice For Africans Home And Abroad - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / A Word Of Advice For Africans Home And Abroad (857 Views)

10 Things Nigerians Are Doing Better Than Other Africans / Offer Of Advice For Interest In Studying In Czech / Celebrities You've Met On Board, Airports And Abroad (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Word Of Advice For Africans Home And Abroad by dotcomnamename: 10:40am On Oct 13, 2014
By Sidonie Che:

''Its just a little advice for the people back home and the people in abroad, especially for the people back home.

I don't know why some of you guys sit back home and say ''i have a friend, i have a sister, i have a brother, i have a relative abroad, he or she has been there for 5 or 10 years, he or she has never done this or never done that, he or she has never send money to me... Come onnn.... Must they send money to you? Did you send them abroad? No! Do you think the fact they are in abroad do they pick money on the streets? No! Do you think that the fact they are from africa do you think a white man will just say hey you come here you are from africa you've got a lot of problems and a lot of relatives and friends take this 20,000 dollars? No!

The fact that we are in abroad is just a change of geographical location. so please, if i am here trying to better of my life and my family's life, you should be doing the same and not expecting from me and not expecting from others.

The one problem is we got disappointed because we expect more and we get disappointed, please don't expect. When it comes to you let it come as a surprise. Don't just sit there and talk all this kind of rubbish. You don't know what some of you, you don't know what some of your pressure can actually do to some people back here. They do all sort of nonsense to please you guys home, to send money to make a name.

Guys me ehn, i no dey do anything to please any man, i go do things wey i no sey i fit do. If i fit send i go send, if i not fit send no man go beat me.

I'm open to critics you can say whatever you want to say, but the message has been passed. And for the guys back here, please guys be on your guard, don't be disforgot because of what the people back home say, so called friends and family members and what nord.. When you were suffering to take yourself abroad, were they there with you? When your mum didn't sleep at night or your dad was suffering running here and there to look for money to send you abroad, were they there with you? No!, and now you are in abroad they kept expecting you to do something for them.

No my dear, don't displease yourself to please others. Remember you can never ever sort all the problems back home. Even in the bible its written 'man born of a woman is full of problems', so no matter how hard you try you can never sort all the problems, so just do what you can do and leave the rest to God. I just wanted to say this off my mind so i would be free.''

SOURCE: https://www.facebook.com/sidonie.che

2 Likes

Re: A Word Of Advice For Africans Home And Abroad by NewIdeas: 1:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
Op you must be very stingy, crafty and wicked.a word of advice for you is Help your people back here in nigeria else the will plan for you.Remember there is still African Magic.
Re: A Word Of Advice For Africans Home And Abroad by justwise(m): 2:09pm On Oct 13, 2014
NewIdeas:
Op you must be very stingy, crafty and wicked.a word of advice for you is Help your people back here in nigeria else the will plan for you.Remember there is still African Magic.

How about using the magic to make your own money?

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: A Word Of Advice For Africans Home And Abroad by Artorius(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

I never read a better question. Some folks are very pathetic, no be only African magic, that one na TV channel
Re: A Word Of Advice For Africans Home And Abroad by pansophist(m): 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
justwise:
[/b]

Lol

NewIdeas:

Nigerian and their ''entitlement mentality'' shaa. Better still, why not use the magic dissappear go obodo oyinbo? abi na only bad thing your magic de work for ni?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What's The True Cost Of Nigerian Passport? / Need Your Advice On This Visa Issue / ....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.