Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,893 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:50 PM

Apple Brainwashing Products - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Apple Brainwashing Products (1085 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Apple Brainwashing Products by donlyone(m): 1:17pm On Oct 13, 2014
Brainwashing is not something new to us, but how do you convince someone that he or she has been brainwashed.

Blackberry was almost dead but for new nice products which The company introduced to re launch itself. Many blackberry users jumped ship when they saw better products.

HTC has been recording losses for sometime now even though the company produces great devices, apparently, customers were less than satisfied.

Samsung has also been experiencing losses in recent times due to low sales, bla bla bla... Bottom line is that customers are less than satisfied. Other companies are experiencing losses and some have gone under.

But which company are consumers never dissatisfied with, APPLE.

So what is it about apple that:
-people are ready to pay so much for whatever apple dangle in front of their eyes.
-Consumers actually make excuses on behalf of the company as to why one of their products has a design defect.
-someone (Chinese teen) would sell his kidney to get an ipad.
-people would queue for weeks to get a phone which has not even been announced. Obviously, since these are Apple 'nuts', they already have the iPhone 5s, but why won't they wait till the iPhone 6 is announced, released and available in stores so that they can just walk into a store and pick one up. The 'unfunny' joke is that iphone 6 is not even an upgrade over the iPhone 5s.
-people are so 'susceptible to suggestions' the company makes. For example Apple said small phones were ideal, Apple consumers believed it and condemned bigger better phones. Guess who is celebrating a bigger iphone today...
-The list goes on, and you have seen more than these.

One of the possible explanation for this 'buying behaviour' is BRAINWASHING. You heard me, brainwashing.

Maybe people are brainwashed when they use certain apps or the OS itself broadcasts subliminal messages, who knows. Personally, I'd like to see what will happen if politicians campaign on iphones, will it lead to a landslide victory or confusion. Who knows.

Don't attack me, or how else would you explain why people behave like ZOMBIES when they see the Apple logo.

What's your opinion?
Re: Apple Brainwashing Products by LordReed(m): 2:42pm On Oct 13, 2014
While I consider calling Apple's marketing techniques brainwashing conspiracy theory talk, I think it is worthy to note why it is so effective. Apple touts their products as the bees knees and having used some Apple products I am convinced they only have one unique strength and that is user experience. Apple software has this simplicity that is very unique but aside that every other thing is on par with what one will expect from a pricey device. In fact I could even argue that Apple hardware in some cases do not give you value for money.

So what is the big deal about Apple products? I think they invest very much in grabbing the imagination with a blend of marketing and aesthetics. You could almost call the combination subliminal because it just grabs your imagination out of nowhere. A lot of successful products use the same marketing. For example Honda End of Discussion (EOD), when the advert debuted it captured everyone's attention to the extent that till tomorrow EOD is still the name. Any very successful product follows the trend. Apple is however unique in keeping that success going for long. Let's see how they can carry on in the future.

1 Like

Re: Apple Brainwashing Products by donlyone(m): 4:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
LordReed:
While I consider calling Apple's marketing techniques brainwashing conspiracy theory talk, I think it is worthy to note why it is so effective. Apple touts their products as the bees knees and having used some Apple products I am convinced they only have one unique strength and that is user experience. Apple software has this simplicity that is very unique but aside that every other thing is on par with what one will expect from a pricey device. In fact I could even argue that Apple hardware in some cases do not give you value for money.

So what is the big deal about Apple products? I think they invest very much in grabbing the imagination with a blend of marketing and aesthetics. You could almost call the combination subliminal because it just grabs your imagination out of nowhere. A lot of successful products use the same marketing. For example Honda End of Discussion (EOD), when the advert debuted it captured everyone's attention to the extent that till tomorrow EOD is still the name. Any very successful product follows the trend. Apple is however unique in keeping that success going for long. Let's see how they can carry on in the future.

Only a fool will deny the fact that Apple is a premium brand, however, user experience does not explain why someone who already has the iPhone 5s would be so obsessed with getting the iPhone 6 when the two are basically the same. The so called innovation on it is like two years old on other platforms. The design is basically the same.

I think this beyond user experience, I am saying its possible that the innovation in the IPhone is the ability of Apple to 'ARTIFICIALLY' create USER SATISFACTION in the mind of their consumers.
Re: Apple Brainwashing Products by LordReed(m): 5:51pm On Oct 13, 2014
donlyone:

Only a fool will deny the fact that Apple is a premium brand, however, user experience does not explain why someone who already has the iPhone 5s would be so obsessed with getting the iPhone 6 when the two are basically the same. The so called innovation on it is like two years old on other platforms. The design is basically the same.

I think this beyond user experience, I am saying its possible that the innovation in the IPhone is the ability of Apple to 'ARTIFICIALLY' create USER SATISFACTION in the mind of their consumers.

Maybe you should take time to digest the contents of my previous post. I never claimed that Apple fans sole driving force was user experience, I gave my view of their unique strength. When it comes to why Apple marketing is effective I opined that Apple's success is not unique but uniquely sustained. All top brands use the variations of this same type of marketing even though the results vary. Apple has managed to sustain their success right from the first set of "Job days".

1 Like

Re: Apple Brainwashing Products by donlyone(m): 7:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
LordReed:

Maybe you should take time to digest the contents of my previous post. I never claimed that Apple fans sole driving force was user experience, I gave my view of their unique strength. When it comes to why Apple marketing is effective I opined that Apple's success is not unique but uniquely sustained. All top brands use the variations of this same type of marketing even though the results vary. Apple has managed to sustain their success right from the first set of "Job days".

I wasn't trying to dispute your opinion, I quite understand what you mean, don't take it wrongly, love your post by the way.
Re: Apple Brainwashing Products by LordReed(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
donlyone:

I wasn't trying to dispute your opinion, I quite understand what you mean, don't take it wrongly, love your post by the way.

Oh ok. Thanks!
Re: Apple Brainwashing Products by martineverest(m): 1:08am On Oct 14, 2014
Apple products= brand +ingenuity........apple sells it brand and it ingenuity as product.they try to tell u dat y others are taking same steps and ways to get to a destination,we ll take other way and step to get to dat same destination.apple is like ferrari,bugatti and lamborghini dat sell only high-end products without compromise.another secret of apple is that only company that manufacture softwares for their hardware(which create better optimization and integration).this has made their system the best and most cherish,....i guess microsoft is trying to end 'apple monopoly' by acquiring nokia and manufacturing of 'surface tablet'(a far better tablet than ipad and macbook air).........microsoft hardware from 2015 ll surely mark d end of apple monopoly.

(1) (Reply)

Blackberry Torch Bold 5 For Sale / My Samsumg Phone Asking 4 Update/upgrade Version / Does Anyone Use G-tide S1 Here Or Know Where I Can Get The Screen And Battery?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.