Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,980 members, 7,806,860 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 04:48 AM

Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City (13663 Views)

Ayade And Kuru Ride On Calabar Monorail / Monorail: Wike Is A Shameless Liar – Amaechi / How Technical Consultants Advised Amaechi Against Monorail Project After Collect (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by arresa: 11:03pm On Oct 13, 2014
This is not only a wonderful project, it's also a great undertaking.

I admire leaders with vision and strong capacity to go the extra mile even though this project looks misguided to some people especially the usual characters with nothing to show from their respective villages,but all manner of progress and development starts from somewhere and today, monorail is logged in the history of the people of Rivers.

It's a great start and it's up to the next leaders to take it to the next level and connect the rest of the state.

Fashola once insinuated that leaders after him are going to finish the Metro rail projects. Leaders sets standards and vision, they lay the ground work and path for others to follow.

He built more schools, hospitals and clinics than many governors in Nigeria, he has more completed and even more projects on the table than many governors in Nigeria so I see him venturing into major projects like monorail.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by talktimi(m): 11:08pm On Oct 13, 2014
hardywaltz:

Let the next Governor take it up to Waterlines and then the next one takes it to Artillery or Eleme junction. Government is a continuum
if he could take it up to water lines, do you think anybody would have questioned the integrity of this project ?

4 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by arresa: 11:13pm On Oct 13, 2014
https://www.nairaland.com/556040/anambra-enugu-course-monorail-construction

https://www.nairaland.com/913396/onitsha-city-monorail-globim-international

^^^^^ The same useless noisemakers were rejoicing over their fake and imaginary monorail projects that's never going to see any sunlight lai lai.. grin grin

They even stole internet pictures to further their imaginary monorail dreams and fantasies.. grin grin

Their useless leaders didn't build one single classroom in 16 PDP years, but they are talking about monorail. grin grin

Do you see them in both threads talking about waste and corruption?..

When others do what they can not do, they go bunkers with bad bele, hate, bitterness and tantrums grin grin

Ndo...grin grin grin

4 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by abagoro(m): 11:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
nigerianvenom:

come,dont ever compare ur failed ameachi to the bold.
its like comparing life and dead.
akpabio is a talent so rare in nigeria

Talent in building flyovers in an empty part of town for beautification. Please go and tell the wayoman that flyover is to ease traffic congestion. Stadium to serve as what? Where is the population or great team to attract spectators if not Super eagles? Bad rural roads and persistent perenial flooding. The governor I judge as the best is Rochas Okorocha because he used 130billion to perform wonders in 3years. That is 6months income for Rivers and Akwaibom but Amaechi is far better than other mega rich Governors including Akpabio.
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by abagoro(m): 11:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
arresa:
https://www.nairaland.com/556040/anambra-enugu-course-monorail-construction

https://www.nairaland.com/913396/onitsha-city-monorail-globim-international

^^^^^ The same useless noisemakers were rejoicing over their fake and imaginary monorail projects that's never going to see any sunlight lai lai.. grin grin

They even stole internet pictures to further their imaginary monorail dreams and fantasies.. grin grin

Their useless leaders didn't build one single classroom in 16 PDP years, but they are talking about monorail. grin grin

Do you see them in both threads talking about waste and corruption?..

When others do what they can not do, they go bunkers with bad bele, hate, bitterness and tantrums grin grin

Ndo...grin grin grin

Leave them to die in bitterness. They know the truth but keep selling their soul for money.

3 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by talktimi(m): 11:30pm On Oct 13, 2014
APCankerworms have taken the art of lying and propaganda to a whole new height. Their talent in such vices are amazing indeed.

2 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by hardywaltz(m): 11:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
talktimi:
if he could take it up to water lines, do you think anybody would have questioned the integrity of this project ?
Rome was not built in a day, believe me even Amaechi regrets embarking on that project but as a leader after committing several billions of taxpayers money on the project the only logical thing would be to finish this phase let the onus of continuing the next phase be on the next Governor.
Peter Odili was also misled with building of a gas turbine, several billions where sunk into the project and when he was about to leave office he was mocked for embarking on a white elephant project, then Amaechi came along and insisted that the Gas turbine be connected to the rumuola sub-station and prevented PHCN from evacuating the electricity generated throu the national grid insisting that the gas turbine must serve only port harcourt/Rivers state. that is why there is fairly stable electricity supply around Elekahia, Peter Odili, Rumoala, Mile 4 etc.
so in essence what i am saying is that the next Governor can push on with the monorail project till it gets to Oyibo.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by nigerianvenom(m): 11:38pm On Oct 13, 2014
abagoro:

Talent in building flyovers in an empty part of town for beautification. Please go and tell the wayoman that flyover is to ease traffic congestion. Stadium to serve as what? Where is the population or great team to attract spectators if not Super eagles? Bad rural roads and persistent perenial flooding. The governor I judge as the best is Rochas Okorocha because he used 130billion to perform wonders in 3years. That is 6months income for Rivers and Akwaibom but Amaechi is far better than other mega rich Governors including Akpabio.

so akwa ibom never needed a fly over,are u serious?akwa ibom isnt suppose to have a world class stadium of its own?
omg!are u this sort of a joker?

5 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by arresa: 12:04am On Oct 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

so akwa ibom never needed a fly over,are u serious?akwa ibom isnt suppose to have a world class stadium of its own?

1. Akpabio has the largest state budget West Africa, but all he has to show for it are a few roads and flyover in Uyo.

2. The so called stadium is uncompleted after 8 years in office

3. He did not build any hospital and the only one he embarked on is uncompleted after 8 years in office.

4. Airport is uncompleted after 8 years in office.

5. Tropicana entertainment is still uncompleted after 8 years in office and tens of billions down the drain..

His flyover and roads were built years ago and he still has the largest budget in Nigeria so where is all the yearly budget going? Definitely not on the uncompleted projects...

After 8 years in office, the only completed projects
Amaechi is a million miles ahead of that worthless scumbag Akpabio...

Please keep quite about Akpabio...

2 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by arresa: 12:09am On Oct 14, 2014
abagoro:

Leave them to die in bitterness. They know the truth but keep selling their soul for money.

I honestly think they know their leaders are worthless. Just imagine, they don't come here to show us any finished project or project commissioning from their towns and villages, they only show up to show hatred and do bad bele.

They are in pain and they mask their pain and sadness with their gross display of hatred and bitterness...

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by Ikengawo: 12:22am On Oct 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

Look at the mentality that is killing us. In the us they ha e concerts, football, basketball, several leagues for every sport, racing etc. They can build a stadium and stock it with events for an entire year. What will be done in an akwa ibom stadium? At most 3 super eagles games a year, and a Nigerian premier league that cant fill a village square. What will they to generate revenue in this stadium? The one in Lagos is rotting and under utilized, the one in abuja the same, calabar same, its akwa ibom that will be more profitable than Lagos? Waste of funds when many ibom communities dont have basic pipe borne water, clinics, garbage disposal and other common public services. These bombast projects are more enthusiasm than common sense. Tomorrow the government will waste a huge chunk on its budget maintaining an unprofitable stadium and an unprofitable monorail and well blame the subsequent debt on "bad leadership" but while the bad leadership was happening we were clapping and cheering at pictures of it on nairaland and facebook.
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by darnley16(m): 12:25am On Oct 14, 2014
talktimi:
which better reflection are you talking of ?
perfect way to reply the Cow bro,
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by darnley16(m): 12:37am On Oct 14, 2014
Demdem:

That is what is on ground currently. Don't let any wike led thug deceive u. Better still, come down to Ph and see things ursef.
yeah true, I love phc bro , #reppin PortsTown ,
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by coolscott(m): 1:19am On Oct 14, 2014
arresa:

I honestly think they know their leaders are worthless. Just imagine, they don't come here to show us any finished project or project commissioning from their towns and villages, they only show up to show hatred and do bad bele.

They are in pain and they mask their pain and sadness with their gross display of hatred and bitterness...

How can anyone be in pain about this?

One monorail

Eight years

=N=50 distance

Multi-billion naira budget

This is the kind of thing that brings joy every common man.

~ South-south man
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by nduchucks: 1:34am On Oct 14, 2014
If we use our imagination to project traffic patterns in the area, say 5 - 10 years from now , factoring in population growth and explosive number of vehicles which will be on the road then, we may very well see the value in this project.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by nairaarea: 1:56am On Oct 14, 2014
Thank you Amaechi

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by nairaarea: 2:00am On Oct 14, 2014
If you Hate Amaechi then you are not a true Rivers man

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by eaglechild: 2:22am On Oct 14, 2014
Pathetic how some people keep supporting their molesting leaders.

The project is a colossal failure.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by talktimi(m): 3:00am On Oct 14, 2014
hardywaltz:

Rome was not built in a day, believe me even Amaechi regrets embarking on that project but as a leader after committing several billions of taxpayers money on the project the only logical thing would be to finish this phase let the onus of continuing the next phase be on the next Governor.
Peter Odili was also misled with building of a gas turbine, several billions where sunk into the project and when he was about to leave office he was mocked for embarking on a white elephant project, then Amaechi came along and insisted that the Gas turbine be connected to the rumuola sub-station and prevented PHCN from evacuating the electricity generated throu the national grid insisting that the gas turbine must serve only port harcourt/Rivers state. that is why there is fairly stable electricity supply around Elekahia, Peter Odili, Rumoala, Mile 4 etc.
so in essence what i am saying is that the next Governor can push on with the monorail project till it gets to Oyibo.
I'm not privy to know if Amaechi regrets this monorail decision since I'm not a confidante of his, all I've been saying from day one is that there were other cost effective measures that could have been used which would have taken this project very very far

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by maimalari: 4:11am On Oct 14, 2014
Ikengawo:

Its pathetic that you can only see the world through apc and pdp. I hope one of those potbellied men feed you one day. Fool. If you would reason you would know that my and everyone's problem with amaechi is EVERY project started in his 1st term and none on his second. Im reality the second is a wasted term because nothing has been done what so ever. If he carried his 1st term energy over to his second nobody would speak but here we are discussing apc and pdp while the budget of a small african country is spent on an okada ride in a ph that still has dilapidated roads. Go apc your father. Fool

The akpajo-woji-transamadi road was started by RCC late last year and is ongoing at great pace.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by Demdem(m): 7:46am On Oct 14, 2014
darnley16:
yeah true, I love phc bro , #reppin PortsTown ,

Thanks for confirming that the pictures I posted reflected the true situation of things on the ground.

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by Demdem(m): 7:48am On Oct 14, 2014
coolscott:

[size=13pt]I am a rivers guy and I think the main thing is that anybody who thinks a reasonable distance was covered by the monorail should come to PH and see it. Get into a bus or taxi where the monorail starts, and stop where it stops then see how much the cab man or conductor will charge you.[/size]

Look, u are already sounding like a broken record. This is the first phase and we all Av agreed that the distance is really short. No one is disputing that.
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by Demdem(m): 7:51am On Oct 14, 2014
darnley16:
perfect way to reply the Cow bro,

Stop being a coward. Face me. Are u also of the opinion that the pictures I posted are fake and not true reflection of what is on ground currently ?
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by Demdem(m): 7:58am On Oct 14, 2014
eaglechild:
Pathetic how some people keep supporting their molesting leaders.

The project is a colossal failure.

Goon, can u define the word failure? How does this relate to Amaechis monorail?
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by podosci(m): 8:10am On Oct 14, 2014
NaijaChild:
..A project that Solves only a #50 distance is not a solution to any problem..that money would have been used to create or re-construct other major roads in Port har-court..
apert from poor construction of roads we have bad roads in Nigeria as a result of too much traffic on them,,,xif the railway, airport and seaports are working.....the roads would be in good condition........... so appreciate good things when u see them

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by nigerianvenom(m): 8:38am On Oct 14, 2014
arresa:
1. Akpabio has the largest state budget West Africa, but all he has to show for it are a few roads and flyover in Uyo.

a few roads? whats ur defintion of few arresa?

2. The so called stadium is uncompleted after 8 years in office

dont say what u no nothing about, that stadium is one of his second terms project and who told u it hasnt been completed?is nig vs South african match going to be play in an uncompleted stadium?when u lack what to say,ur mouth says whatever ur brain vomit.

3. He did not build any hospital and the only one he embarked on is uncompleted after 8 years in office.]/quote]

my friend,google "20th anniversary hospital in uyo" and check it out for urself.mind u,no state government have been able to build such hospital,u can quote me anywhere.google is ur friend or u take a trip to akwa ibom.did i also informed u that all d general hospitals has been equiped and re modernised?come check it out,dont rely on lai Mohammed's fake news

[quote]4. Airport is uncompleted after 8 years in office

which part of d airport ?even ur state cant build an airport that can be compared to ibom international stadium,prove it if i'm lying.

5. Tropicana entertainment is still uncompleted after 8 years in office and tens of billions down the drain..

which part of the tropicana isnt complete my brother?
u guys seems to be so myopic,just sitting on ur laptop and typiing garbage.is it the tropicana i visit once every 2 weeks?

His flyover and roads were built years ago and he still has the largest budget in Nigeria so where is all the yearly budget going? Definitely not on the uncompleted projects...[ quote]

oh!now u realises that the fly over and roads were built yrs ago,my oga,bad belle deh purge.

[quote]After 8 years in office, the only completed projects
Amaechi is a million miles ahead of that worthless scumbag Akpabio...

unknowingly, u've listed just few legacy's project of akpabio without mentioning much others like the ikot ekpene world class prison's,ikot ekpene world class plaza,police college in essien udim fully built and equipped by d state govenment.the remodernisation if state polytechnic and state university.
well ,i dont blame u cos u are like satan who can never appreciate God's work.
if u were lucky to have a man like akpabio in ur state,u would have been a happy man

3 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by nigerianvenom(m): 8:49am On Oct 14, 2014
Ikengawo:

Look at the mentality that is killing us. In the us they ha e concerts, football, basketball, several leagues for every sport, racing etc. They can build a stadium and stock it with events for an entire year. What will be done in an akwa ibom stadium? At most 3 super eagles games a year, and a Nigerian premier league that cant fill a village square. What will they to generate revenue in this stadium? The one in Lagos is rotting and under utilized, the one in abuja the same, calabar same, its akwa ibom that will be more profitable than Lagos? Waste of funds when many ibom communities dont have basic pipe borne water, clinics, garbage disposal and other common public services. These bombast projects are more enthusiasm than common sense. Tomorrow the government will waste a huge chunk on its budget maintaining an unprofitable stadium and an unprofitable monorail and well blame the subsequent debt on "bad leadership" but while the bad leadership was happening we were clapping and cheering at pictures of it on nairaland and facebook.

i understand ur fear bro.but akwa ibom isnt a typical state in nigeria,in akwa ibom things do actually works out,i mean it.
i remember when attah proposed an airport,everyone including me was very angry cos i felt we werent ripe for such,but now,not only is akwa ibom airport one of d busiest but the most beautiful airport in nigeria and one of the well managed airport,u can find that out.
the stadium is strategically located and dont forget that julius berger is to manage it for 10yrs,hence issues of break down is well taken care of.dont forget akwa ibom is one of the most visited state at the moment.the stadium is well thought of.dont be affraid.akwa ibom state has a dream and goal and we are working towards that,i'm telling u as an insider.one love

5 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by abagoro(m): 9:32am On Oct 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

a few roads? whats ur defintion of few arresa?

dont say what u no nothing about, that stadium is one of his second terms project and who told u it hasnt been completed?is nig vs South african match going to be play in an uncompleted stadium?when u lack what to say,ur mouth says whatever ur brain vomit.

The truth is that Akpabio is not on Amaechi's league. What Amaechi has done in all aspects of development is way beyond Akpabio's reach. He also built a stadium which I consider a waste since Port Harcourt has older underutilised Stadia at Elekahia and in Town. I never was a fan of the monorail but I recently started appreciating the motive though costly. I believe that if we must tell ourselves the truth, the monorail for now is as useless as the Uyo flyovers. They serve more as beautification or status symbol than anything else. Even the bombadier jets bought by both Governors are for ego boosting. I still give it to Amaechi on making more impacts than his fellow megarich State Governors of Akwaibom, Delta and Bayelsa.

2 Likes

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by Kinkale(m): 11:27am On Oct 14, 2014
For those goons who dosn't see beyond APC-PDP politics, ask about akpajo road.. D holdup there compares to lagos holdup. The road connects onne port with ph and is one of the most used road in ph. A quarter of that money would have saved people the time spent there. If you wanna go from eleme junction to aba, the road there speaks for it self. I must say Ameachi did a good job during his tenures, but its quite obvious that this monorial was a total waste of income. Whats the gain begining a project you can't finish? Its an obvious fact that the next government won't continue this project. Abeg call a spade a spade

1 Like

Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by Ikengawo: 11:53am On Oct 14, 2014
nigerianvenom:

i understand ur fear bro.but akwa ibom isnt a typical state in nigeria,in akwa ibom things do actually works out,i mean it.
i remember when attah proposed an airport,everyone including me was very angry cos i felt we werent ripe for such,but now,not only is akwa ibom airport one of d busiest but the most beautiful airport in nigeria and one of the well managed airport,u can find that out.
the stadium is strategically located and dont forget that julius berger is to manage it for 10yrs,hence issues of break down is well taken care of.dont forget akwa ibom is one of the most visited state at the moment.the stadium is well thought of.dont be affraid.akwa ibom state has a dream and goal and we are working towards that,i'm telling u as an insider.one love

Maintenance isnt the core issue. Revenue is and without it maintenance will only be a gesture of charity. How will the stadium bring revenue? Davido? Nigerian premier league?
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by talktimi(m): 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ikengawo:

Maintenance isnt the core issue. Revenue is and without it maintenance will only be a gesture of charity. How will the stadium bring revenue? Davido? Nigerian premier league?
so in other words Akpabio shouldn't have built the stadium at all ?
Re: Tourist Attraction! Monorail That Covers Only A 50naira Distance In PH City by Kinkale(m): 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ikengawo:

abeg no vex. And how will this monorail bring revenue?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Tinubu, Akande, Oyegun Congratulate Ambode (photos) / Hosa Okunbo: Obaseki Has Good Plans For Edo On Paper, Nothing On Ground / The 11th Ahmed Bola Tinubu Colloquium Holds Today @ ICC, Abuja [Photos]

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.