Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,036 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:53 AM

Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? - Religion (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? (35540 Views)

Will You Denounce Your Faith in God Taking The (Mark Of The Beast) for meds / Re: Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? / Will You Denounce Your Faith At Gun Point? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Nobody: 9:48am On Oct 15, 2014
simpleseyi:
tanks a whole lot u jus made my day. I wonder how people are so quik to say I'll never be a christian/ muslim wen they are really in their present faith because they were born into it. Jus becos u we're born in a different plant/ religion or country does not make your God superior to anybody else's. How do u know the one tru GOD? I say we giv respect to them all and neva discriminate against another man's diety.

2 Likes

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by daey118(m): 11:09am On Oct 15, 2014
beejaay:

I will denounce it with pleasure my brother.

Omo mehn. The denouncing no go get part two o my brother. Na with all joy. Most of ths hypocrites talking thrash. Would denounce if they see gun pointed at their head o. And they won't do it for "free money" .Great. Talk about wisdom.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by daey118(m): 11:15am On Oct 15, 2014
simpleseyi:
Which faith are you people talking about? You are a Christian only because you are born in Eastern Nigeria or in Western Nigeria or in Europe or America. If you were born by parents who are Sokoto indigenes, you will be a Muslim today.

If Pope Francis was born in Saudi Arabia by Saudi indigenes, today he will be a Muslim. Also, if the king of Saudi Arabia and the Sheikh of Qatar were born in Owerri by Catholic parents, today they will both be staunch Catholics.

These religious bigots are just over the whole place. The whitemen brought their religions to colonize us. Imaging so-call Christian missionaries capturing our fore-fathers, chaining them down and transporting them to whiteman's land to work as slave. And you call them missionaries of God. The same way Usmand Dan Fodio waged war in the North in order to capture the North in the name of Islam even when Northern Nigeria by then was already practicing Islam. The whitemen came to tell us that our gods are evil and their god is good, yet the God the exported to us killed more people in the Bible and the Quran than the people all our gods (ogun, sango, obatala, oya, amadioha, okija e.t.c.) put together have been accused of killing.

I am a Muslim because I was born into Islam, my wife is a Christian because she was born into Christianity. We are happy together. You all practice one religion or the other because you were born into it. How many of us researched into all the religions of the world before concluding that the one you currently practice is the best. You cannot just have idea about one thing and say that it is the best in the world, until you compare and contract it with all others. ogun and sango worshipers are living peacefully with each other and you tell me that Christians and Muslims that are also at each others throat are better than ogun and sango worshippers.

#Deep
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by ikedifej: 12:38pm On Oct 15, 2014
ONESS:

I pity u my friend.in this type of situation death doesnt waste time it could be immediately u collect the pay and in the middle of spending it. If u deny Christ (salvation or the christian faith know it u have crucified Christ the second time. please repent NOW AND GIVE UR LIE TO CHRIST

Bros! Peter denied and then came back very strong. Like David, you need to show your humanity before spirituality. It is only God that can help us, if we find ourselves in this situation.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Xphantom(m): 2:21pm On Oct 15, 2014
Beretta92:
What has your belief in Jesus as personal savior poignantly done for humanity? What has it done for the diseased, poverty stricken and impoverished in Africa and several third world nations? You think clinging obdurately to dogmatism is better of than humanistic acts of kindness like philanthropy,huh? Any god who would throw men like Bill Gates into hell fire and would welcome the likes of Orishajefor, Oyedepo et al into heaven, deserves to be thrown into hell fire himself.

Dogmantism? I don't see any of Christ' teaching nor accepting/believing him to be dogmantic, how would a 'christain' make heaven if he's not philatropic in nature? Christ teachings totally supports and indicates cheerful & selfless giving as a must thing.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by manmustwac(m): 2:56pm On Oct 15, 2014
That's about just under four hundred million pounds. Am sure many people will say that they will not deny their religion but actually do it with the way they behave and the sins they commit
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Nobody: 4:49pm On Oct 15, 2014
kilokeys:

lol.. when d guy don wan die... im go confess shaperly.. cos he is a smart man. what would be the use not believing?, he would reason..
its better to believe and not exist in the afterlife than not believing and seeing it actually exists.

Oboy that's a smart one. Nice post

1 Like

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Abbeygad: 11:00pm On Oct 15, 2014
WHAT MANNER OF MAN!

Today we drive luxury cars, comfort & conveniences always seeking our attention, but a Certain Man lived Life with dedication, purpose, always full of Love for all. He rode on a donkey many years ago.

While we were born in hospitals with up to date equipment, this Man was born in a cattle shade, and there was no fancy blanket for this baby. A cattle shed smells and is unfit for a baby.
Sadly, there was no vaccine available, he probably had flies and ticks for company.
While we shared our birth with families and friends, he only had a bed of straw, with mooing sounds that played out as the only audible music at the scene of his naming ceremony. There were no friends, and family members were not present.
Thank God He got a few gifts from some strangers known as wise men from far away.
Yet, He laid down His life for humanity that you and I may have FREEDOM from God's Judgment and got it Free because of what this Man.

HIS NAME IS JESUS CHRIST !
He is the Way, the Truth and The Life!
HOLY HOLY HOLY IS OUR GOD ALMIGHTY
THE ONE WHO IS, WHO WAS AND WHO IS TO COME
HE WILL COME BACK VERY SHORTLY FOR HIS OWN
TO TAKE US HOME INTO HIS ETERNAL REST & PEACE!

Today, if you are not born again go down on your knees and ask God for His mercy.

Confess with your mouth this prayer:

"Jesus Christ I believe in my heart that You are the Only Wise God Who came in the Flesh to earth to die for me and you rose on the third day, to save me from condemnation that I may be Justified.
I confess you as my Lord & Saviour,
I surrender my life and heart to you totally,
Come into my life and be my Lord forever,
Thank you for all you did for me"
Amen!

If you have prayed this prayer, you are now born-again.
Please, find a bible believing church to attend (I mean where the undiluted Word of God is taught)
and worship there to know more about this Son of Man called Jesus Christ.
God Bless you friend.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Oct 15, 2014
This is serious lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed cry
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by AdamuUcheOla: 12:52am On Oct 16, 2014
KingEbukasBlog:

Evolution is a theory ... theory are assumptions ... Bro , Ive researched about it in my sec sch days ... sleepless nights ... searching for "truth" that were based on assumptions ... sigh. .. im a human being I feel joy and happiness praying and worshiping God

the deeper I went in the study of evolution ... the more stupid I felt. ... sigh ... all assuminptions .... without convincing facts

what happened to loopholes and missing links ... not one , not two... millions of them

Have you read about the pre- adamic period ?

do you know they were men , animals , nations that existed before Adam even before Lucifer's flood ?

Do you know the earth was restored and not created as from Gen 1 : 2-8 ? ... Do you there's a GREAT gap betwen vs 1and vs 2

Try and read other writings on early life from the "other side"

you will be amazed how everything relates with the Bible as regards to history

glaring facts

Look at John , The Beloved , who died around 96 A.D or so and Constantine constructed the bible around 318 or 338 A.d or so ... just gap of 200 years or much less just like 1914 and 2014 or so ... see the closeness... there were fathers that were kids ... they had first hand teachings from the apostle directly .. ànd their kids carried on .. and then the council .... just relate everything ... the experiences where still fresh to show Christ existed

listen to other accounts on Youtube on Christ's life... do deeper research about the things of God with an open mind

Nothing beneficial fròm all these ... funny though

But bro , Life is a mystery , why should I live my life based on assumptions ? what benefits , what? ... sigh

they claim religion holds you back ... look at UAE and development .. kai .... deeply Islamic for that matter

America holds a National Prayer Day on first day of every month of May ...

thunder fire atheism !

If Religion holds you back , why aren't the atheists world powers , most knowledgeable

Its all about you and what you want to achieve in life

Look at North Korea , atheist country ... dictatorship... feeding people to dogs ... feeding her own people with lies

If occultism, mystism , dark arts and magic ain't real .... why do ppl stil practice it... they aint foolysh you know

thunder fire atheism !

who is fooling who?

Bro, i forgive you for you know not what you say smiley. You seem to be confused about what Scientific Theory means so I have taken the liberty of helping you do some quick and genuine research.

"A scientific theory summarizes a hypothesis or group of hypotheses that have been supported with repeated testing. If enough evidence accumulates to support a hypothesis, it moves to the next step—known as a theory—in the scientific method and becomes accepted as a valid explanation of a phenomenon." (source : http://www.livescience.com/21491-what-is-a-scientific-theory-definition-of-theory.html)

The emphasis is on 'repeated testing' i.e the hypothesis (or assumption as you have crudely put it) is subjected to testing multiple times to validate it. If the hypothesis stands up to these tests/experiments ; then the hypothesis becomes scientific theory and of course the test results represent the evidence supporting the theory. Evolution, my brother, is scientific theory.

On the rest of your drivel, there isn't much i can say as your clearly a victim of religious propaganda. The UAE bit however struck me as particularly uninformed. You see I have lived and worked in Dubai for approximately the last 6 years and so I can educate you a little bit.

The UAE (primarily Abu Dhabi and DXB) owes it sucess to visionary leadership who realised a long time ago that religion limits the growth of society. This leadership coupled with availability of oil funds has enabled the country progress without the inherent drawbacks that a devout society brings. Government policies and overall strategy is not based on strictly islamic considerations but on what would develop the country. A case in point is how the country is open to all expatriates regardless of religious affliations with the workforce/most of the population being predominatly non-arabs i.e. Indians, Filipinos.

Similary, a dogmatic society would not allow certain liberties like alchohol, clubs, women of easy virtue aka Ashewos etc. Anybody who has been to the UAE would know these are widely available here . The Government only expects that residents be discreet.

On North Korea, you should read more articles. 66 per cent of the popluation are followers of the Juche philsophy which is modeled after modern christainity. As an example they worship the trinity of "Kim Il Sung, the former leader of North Korea who died in 1994, his wife Kim Jung Sook, and his son, Kim Jong Il". You can see a lot more similarities here : http://dotheword.org/2014/03/17/how-is-north-koreas-juche-ideology-similar-to-christianity/.

As i said earlier, the rest of what you have written does not deserve a response as it's honestly mumbo jumbo. Read, seek knowledge and think more. You would be better off, all things being equal that is.

"...One of the truly bad effects of religion is that it teaches us that it is a virtue to be satisfied with not understanding.” R.Dawkins

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by DrLuv: 3:54pm On Oct 16, 2014
mtweeww.100million naira?if na 100million us dollars..then I will consider thinking about it.....lol
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Agesrodryck: 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2014
The truth is nothing can ever separate me from the love of CHRIST cus, i'm the hope of heaven.....
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Prudenceduru(f): 7:44am On Oct 17, 2014
What if after receiving the money, the world comes to an end. How will you enjoy it
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by deniyor: 5:57pm On Oct 17, 2014
When can I get paid?
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by iamord(m): 8:04am On Oct 30, 2014
uzoexcel:
very very brillliant bro....
i thought i was the only one and save for people like iamord who could reason properly.....nice one

Thanks for the mention. bro am sorry this is coming late.. Been quite busy. its. Really insightful
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by simpleseyi: 7:16pm On Oct 31, 2014
Horayce:

Truer words have never ben said. Still, would you denounce all the available Gods for a 100 billion dollars?

100 billion dollars is too much, I am not a prodigal son and I don't want the type of Dangote or Otedola or Bill Gate's money. I will denounce all gods for one million dollars, invest the money and make my life better and help others that are created by God but are in need. My own God is not a foolish God, I have already consulted him on this, He was even angry that I am stupid enough to even think twice before taking the millions.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by UyiIredia(m): 7:49pm On Oct 31, 2014
Tempting . . . but I won't take it.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by October1960: 9:29pm On Nov 19, 2015
Of course - religion is fake and a figment of the imagination. The only people that benefit from Religion are the pastors and their families living a good life on earth with people's money and time while promising heaven.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by jayriginal: 10:11pm On Nov 19, 2015
If U Are Given 100 Million Naira To Denounce Ur Faith,will U? I can never agree to denounce xtianity.Never?

If its Christianity that is the faith in question, you'd be irresponsible not to renounce it.

God sees the heart doesn't he? Renounce it, collect your money, pray for forgiveness and then tithe. God gets 10 million for forgiving you and you get 90. Sounds good to me.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Nobody: 11:42pm On Nov 19, 2015
kilokeys:
what could hundred mill give?
houses, cars, the fab life?... then what?
if bill gates of $70 bill dolls says it makes sense to believe in God..
so whats my excuse?

all emptiness.. ill rather just fade into oblivion if there was no God, than trudge on here chasing after the wind

Biĺl gates is not a Christian.
Re: Would You Denounce Your Faith For 100 Million Naira? by Nobody: 11:43pm On Nov 19, 2015
kilokeys:

the last time i checked.. he is considering his stance.. he is getting old . he says it makes sense to believe in God.

Agnostics believe in God

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (Reply)

Pastor Leads Prayers Using A Goat As A Point Of Contact / Catholics And Traditional Rulers Battle Over NYSC Camp In Imo (Photos) / LEAKED: Pastor David Spotted Eating Another Woman's A*s And Va*ina

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.