Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,589 members, 7,809,132 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com (2938 Views)

Igbos Were The Proto-Bantus -Igbodefender.com / New Igbo Words Being Formed On Igbodefender.com / The Igbos Of Bonny- Igbodefender.com (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 3:52pm On Oct 13, 2014
Posted on October 13, 2014 by Prince Charles Oforkaja

What Does Chibunu Onuzo Have In Common With Chibundu Gutuza? They aren’t from the same country – Onuzo is Nigerian, while Gutuza is Zimbabwean. They dont share the same profession Onuzo is a writer while Gutuza is a member of the Zimbabwean Parliament. They don’t even share the same sex – Onuzo is female while Gutuza is male. So if you said they both share Bantu indigenous names, you would be right (and don’t tell me this isn’t so because the names have different meanings. Even a toddler knows that the Igbos were the Proto Bantus; the first Bantus. Today Bantu culture encompasses millions of people in so many Central, Eastern and Southern African countries and in Nigeria (Igbos are Bantus as well as . Yes, we may not have had empires, but you cannot deny our cultural influence that stretched very deep into Africa and even beyond. Let me leave you with a few Zimbabwean (Bantu) and Igbo names that have the Chi prefix (naysayer, how did that come about?)

25 Zimbabwean (Bantu) Names With Chi Prefix

Chirwa, Chikukutu, Chinatsira, Chirongo, Chidyamakono, Chigumira, Chilimanzi, Chinyati, Chipfumbu, Chirinda, Chitepo, Chinamasa, Chimbidzayi, Chikaka, Chikarara, Chidzero, Chinamano, Chihota, Chimurenga, Chitungo, Chitengu, Chikowore, and Chinyauro.

25 Igbo Names With Chi Prefix

Chinenye, Chinasa, Chinwendu, Chinecherem, Chinedu, Chika, Chikaso, Chidubem, Chibuike, Chikwado, Chimma, Chinenye, Chimaraoke, Chimezie, Chigozie, Chizoba, Chinda, Chikezie, Chimamanda, Chikodiri, Chinonso, Chidimma, Chinonye, Chinwetara, and Chidi.

Please try to watch the Venda film Nwana O Ngalangala ( meaning The Child Has Disappeared shocked) its a Venda film you can download here www.youtube.com/watch?v=ep4DYiQLasg

Let us tell you a little more about Venda. It is one of the official languages in South Africa. As we say at Igbodefender.com, Igbo socio-cultural/ socio economic influence from years ago can be felt right down to the Southern tip of Africa. We are proud of the Zulus and other Bantu groups because we see ourselves in them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 4:28pm On Oct 13, 2014
Hahaha bantu kwa.

Awum onye Igbo awughim onye bantu.

Eeh by the way who are you defending?

What is the meaning of chi in those bantu?
Does it mean the same thing with Igbo Chi/Olisaburuwa?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by ChinenyeN(m): 4:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
I must have jinxed myself, because this is just incredible. Earlier today, literally just a few hours ago, I was honestly thinking about how long this year has been and how it's been filled with pseudo-scholasticism and the purporting of unsubstantiated BS. I even remembered your organization, pondering on your dissolution, like a hopeful child on Christmas Eve. I figured, with a quarter of the year left, this enjoyment I've derived from true, thought-provoking discourse here on NL might go unbroken. Then I log in and see this. That's got to be it. I must've jinxed myself.

3 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 10:40am On Oct 14, 2014
*sigh*

It's a bit amazing that you haven't linked the Igbo chi with the Chinese chi yet.

You do know the meaning of chi in both cultures are somewhat similar, right?

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 1:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
Thankyou! Its amazing how people can discard their forefathers wisdom for a mere colonialist opinion of who they are.
Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by CAMNEWTON4PRES: 2:04pm On Oct 15, 2014
Igbo are Bantu the sooner they accept it the better for them

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 4:06pm On Oct 17, 2014
@ ChinenyeN: first show that you mean well for the Igbos then your rant will be taken semi seriously.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by ChinenyeN(m): 7:37pm On Oct 17, 2014
Nnaa, what do you think this is, a pissing contest to see who "means well for the Igbo"? Ochi lei! That rhetoric has already been overplayed by Igboists. In fact, let me tell it to you straight. Pursuant to my classification as an "Igbo" and as a learned individual interested in genuine knowledge, I have every right to call you out on falsehoods, lies and any other derivative thereafter.

The imperative is simple. I won't let you misrepresent and misguide the very community I am a part of with such ignorance. You people aren't scholars. Your lies can't even hold up to the simplest of academic scrutiny. So understand that this isn't about me or anyone else, but rather about your own intellectual incompetence and keeping that incompetence from unduly spreading.

4 Likes

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 7:14pm On Apr 27, 2018
Bonus Zimbabwean Bantu name that sounds like the Igbo name Chidera is Chireya. Happy weekend to everyone. Igbos are the Proto Bantus.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by ChinenyeN(m): 3:06pm On Apr 28, 2018
Heheh ị nyaala du gbuo nụ? Lool

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Fatherofdragons: 5:17pm On Apr 28, 2018
all this Bantu, Jewish stuff just tire me. I am igbo nothing more nothing less.

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by BabaRamota1980: 4:48am On Apr 29, 2018
Look at yanminri physique and compare with bantu,they are kith and kin. If you no take time sef some bantu are already with us passing as Ibo cause its hard to distinguish them.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Igboid: 10:52am On Apr 29, 2018
Well, I'd rather be related to Bantu than to anyother ethnic group in Nigeria.
Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 10:51am On May 04, 2018
ChinenyeN:
Heheh ị nyaala du gbuo nụ? Lool
Bust body. Face front! Enemy of Igbo Progress!
Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by ChinenyeN(m): 1:24pm On May 05, 2018
igbodefender:
Bust body. Face front! Enemy of Igbo Progress!
Hehe, ị gala dị la ị ka whne kaa nña ị dịto ịnyụ mvụrụka hniihni? Lool ọchị lei.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 1:44pm On May 05, 2018
ChinenyeN:

Hehe, ị gala dị la ị ka whne kaa nña ị dịto ịnyụ mvụrụka hniihni? Lool ọchị lei.

Ntoor!
Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by ChinenyeN(m): 1:28am On May 06, 2018
igbodefender:
Ntoor!

Dụju nụnụ. Nñịrị nwhne ke? I ji "ntọọ" duo Igbo l'eye ọma? Kikikiki.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 5:43am On May 06, 2018
ChinenyeN:

Dụju nụnụ. Nñịrị nwhne ke? I ji "ntọọ" duo Igbo l'eye ọma? Kikikiki.
Igbo Amaka. Igbo Amaka. Igbo Amaka o! Igbo by Igbo, kwenu!

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by ChinenyeN(m): 6:20am On May 06, 2018
igbodefender:

Igbo Amaka. Igbo Amaka. Igbo Amaka o! Igbo by Igbo, kwenu!
Eziokwu #Gbam

Ị ka nụla a ndịdị ise kaa. Lol. Haba.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 6:35am On May 06, 2018
ChinenyeN:

Eziokwu #Gbam

Ị ka nụla a ndịdị ise kaa. Lol. Haba.
Igbo Amaka. Igbo bu the First (Proto) Bantu. Igbo esika. I kweta kwa.
Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by ChinenyeN(m): 7:53am On May 06, 2018
igbodefender:
Igbo Amaka. Igbo bu the First (Proto) Bantu. Igbo esika. I kweta kwa.
Ọ dịghị. Ị nyụgha mvụrụka gbuo waa.

1 Like

Re: Igbo Language Has Strong Links To Bantu Languages - Igbodefender.com by Nobody: 8:39am On May 06, 2018
ChinenyeN:

Ọ dịghị. Ị nyụgha mvụrụka gbuo waa.
Chukwu gozie gi, ma gozikwa Ndigbo Nile, ma nyekwa ha nkwado di egwu, n'afa Jesus.

(1) (Reply)

Do Nigerians Have Public Manners? / Look At This Jewish Ritual! / Identify your Ijaw names here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.