Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,355 members, 7,808,239 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:15 AM

Why Not Fashola? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Not Fashola? (2231 Views)

I've Kept My Promises,jonathan Has Not-fashola / I Have Kept My Promises, But Jonathan Has Not, Fashola Boasts / Why Not Fashola, Why Must It Be Buhari For APC (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Not Fashola? by Aspireahead(m): 3:55pm On Oct 13, 2014
Now that i am done with my exams and have time to type let me ask my APC brothers this quwstion. What is wrong with having Babatunde Raji Fashola as your presidential aspirant?
This is one question most of me and most of my politically conscious mate cant just understand.
You say he will become a running mate? Plsssss...a Nigerian Vice president has little or no input on the day to day running of the state.
You say he cant the require number of voters? Not when he receives the blessing of Buhari, and believe me a substantial number of SS and SE youths will vote him instead of GEJ.
The guy is articulate, has ideas and a goal getter...although he seems to serve capitalist interest.
Why not Fashola?

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by mployer(m): 4:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
You are not alone ma broda. I've been asking the same question.

I don't understand how we can keep the competent on bench, field the obvious incompetent and still hope for a positive change.

I'm getting disappointed with APC.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by Aspireahead(m): 6:47pm On Oct 13, 2014
mployer:

You are not alone ma broda. I've been asking the same question.

I don't understand how we can keep the competent on bench, field the obvious incompetent and still hope for a positive change.

I'm getting disappointed with APC.
i swear! Fashola has been the only difference between APC and PDP and he is being made to play from the bench. This is not what i had expected from APC

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by Nobody: 7:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
It is a nagging question APC may never be able to answer

#whynotFashola

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by Aspireahead(m): 7:34pm On Oct 13, 2014
cc. Gbawe, berem and omenka will you guys be kind enough to answer me?
Re: Why Not Fashola? by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
you can not win 2015 election with 1950 political calculus

who says Buhari is more electable than Fashola?

5 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by Aspireahead(m): 7:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
mikeansy:
you can not win 2015 election with 1950 political calculus

who says Buhari is more electable than Fashola?
that is the main argument used to sideline Fashola, that he does not have as much support as Buhari does and i ask why not Buhari play a major role in Fashola campaign, let him personally sale him to the Northeners.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola? by Nobody: 7:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
It's very simple, your APC does not like independent minds like Fashola as Presido.

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by omenka(m): 8:45pm On Oct 13, 2014
Aspireahead:
cc. Gbawe, berem and omenka will you guys be kind enough to answer me?
Mind you, I don't speak for APC, I speak for my self, therefore any opinion expressed here are exclusively mine and no one else's.

Since the inception of the current democratic dispensation, the country has witnessed alota upheavals socially, democratically, security wise and financially, all taking their roots from the corrupton that plagues the establishment. I haven't the slightest doubt in the capability of our amiable governor, Fashola, but I would rather we be given a Buhari/Fahola ticket than a Fashola/XYZ ticket. My reason is simple. I can't imagine anyone else who could handle the aforementioned challenges than the General. He has done it before and he's sure likely to do it again. Under the current administration, corruption and nepotism has assumed a fatal dimension. Fixing the problem of corruption fixes over 70% of Nigeria's problems. Fashola commands a cult-like followership amongst Nigerians from all walks of life and it would be a dream come true to see Buhari pick him as his running mate. Both bring a lot of political and economic capital to the table. It would be like the old Buhari/Idigbon duo!!

Corruption MUST be nipped in the bud and Buhari is just the most qualified man to execute that task.

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by musaibnabdul(m): 8:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
Fashola is a great man, but to turn the rot in Nigeria right now you need a man with the heart of steel, thats where Buhari comes. Fashola 2019 is a possibility
Re: Why Not Fashola? by Nobody: 9:02pm On Oct 13, 2014
musaibnabdul:
Fashola is a great man, but to turn the rot in Nigeria right now you need a man with the heart of steel, thats where Buhari comes. Fashola 2019 is a possibility

what Nigeria need is strong institutions and not strong men (who in actual sense are very weak)

We will also benefit from having a lawyer as President.

TBH because I am hoping for GEJ till 2019, I hope Buhari runs and Fashola goes to Senate and then lead the opposition from Senate and then prepare for Presidential run in 2019
Re: Why Not Fashola? by ratiken(m): 9:04pm On Oct 13, 2014
Sometimes I get really confused. Please can someone Explicitly outline Fashola's 5 main achievements in Lagos state in 7.5yrs.

Quote me only if you've got a response to my question.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by Ranter: 9:11pm On Oct 13, 2014
why not fashola.

he will handover the IRS to tinubu or the godfather that gets him there.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola? by theoctopus: 9:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
musaibnabdul:

Buhari a man with the heart of steel? The lies you people try to sell is so not funny. The same Buhari that was kicked out immediately his VP went on Hajj? The same president that hid under the skirts of his deputy for two years? Maybe you dont know the difference between an insecure man and a man with the heart of steel. Bullies are weak people who try to hide their insecurities through bullying. Buhari is a chicken. The coup that kicked him out is the easiest since independence. They just waited for his deputy to leave the country and they kicked him out unceremoniously. grin

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by Aspireahead(m): 9:15pm On Oct 13, 2014
omenka:
Mind you, I don't speak for APC, I speak for my self, therefore any opinion expressed here are exclusively mine and no one else's.

Since the inception of the current democratic dispensation, the country has witnessed alota upheavals socially, democratically, security wise and financially, all taking their roots from the corrupton that plagues the establishment. I haven't the slightest doubt in the capability of our amiable governor, Fashola, but I would rather we be given a Buhari/Fahola ticket than a Fashola/XYZ ticket. My reason is simple. I can't imagine anyone else who could handle the aforementioned challenges than the General. He has done it before and he's sure likely to do it again. Under the current administration, corruption and nepotism has assumed a fatal dimension. Fixing the problem of corruption fixes over 70% of Nigeria's problems. Fashola commands a cult-like followership amongst Nigerians from all walks of life and it would be a dream come true to see Buhari pick him as his running mate. Both bring a lot of political and economic capital to the table. It would be like the old Buhari/Idigbon duo!!

Corruption MUST be nipped in the bud and Buhari is just the most qualified man to execute that tack.
please, will i be wrong if i say Buhari's achievement were actually from a different dispensation?. His achievement was under a military regime, Fash achievement is in a state with limited powers and an overbearing corrupt F.G. hovering above.
At worsr give us Fashola/Buhari

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola? by theoctopus: 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
omenka:

Corruption MUST be nipped in the bud and Buhari is just the most qualified man to execute that tack.

The biggest lie ever told is that Buhari fought corruption. How was arresting and imprisoning Fela, Ekwume, Tai Solarin, Ambrose Alli, a fight against corruption? Buhari was a scared man who went after his percieved enemies who were mostly southerners. He didnt fight corruption ebcause he was as corrupt as they come

4 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by musaibnabdul(m): 9:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
mikeansy:

what Nigeria need is strong institutions and not strong men (who in actual sense are very weak)

TBH because I am hoping for GEJ till 2019, I hope Buhari runs and Fashola goes to Senate and then lead the opposition from Senate and then prepare for Presidential run in 2019
Gej has fail beyond woefully but to you blinded by sentiments.
Re: Why Not Fashola? by MrTeymee(m): 9:20pm On Oct 13, 2014
Why not fashola? I believe APC would stand a better chance with fashola

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by theoctopus: 9:22pm On Oct 13, 2014
musaibnabdul:
Gej has fail beyond woefully but to you blinded by sentiments.

That is APC lies. All the current indicators does show that GEJ has performed very well. It is only in APC reports that GEJ has failed. From the Rail to Aviation, Agriculture, to power to Education to the overall economy, all the indicators says GEJ has done well. Even the very enthronement of true democracy through free and fair elections shows GEJ has done very well. Sorry. grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by hercules07: 9:36pm On Oct 13, 2014
mikeansy:

What Nigeria needs is strong men of character to build the institutions, Fashola can not deliver as many votes as Buhari, Fashola can play a pivotal role in the administration as a minister or a Senator.
Re: Why Not Fashola? by musaibnabdul(m): 9:41pm On Oct 13, 2014
theoctopus:

That is APC lies. All the current indicators does show that GEJ has performed very well. It is only in APC reports that GEJ has failed. From the Rail to Aviation, Agriculture, to power to Education to the overall economy, all the indicators says GEJ has done well. Even the very enthronement of true democracy through free and fair elections shows GEJ has done very well. Sorry. grin
he said stealing not corruption, oduah gate, chiboks girls,

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola? by musaibnabdul(m): 9:46pm On Oct 13, 2014
theoctopus:

Buhari a man with the heart of steel? The lies you people try to sell is so not funny. The same Buhari that was kicked out immediately his VP went on Hajj? The same president that hid under the skirts of his deputy for two years? Maybe you dont know the difference between an insecure man and a man with the heart of steel. Bullies are weak people who try to hide their insecurities through bullying. Buhari is a chicken. The coup that kicked him out is the easiest since independence. They just waited for his deputy to leave the country and they kicked him out unceremoniously. grin
i see you know a little history, he didn't want to waste live of anyone
Re: Why Not Fashola? by ISpiksDaTroof: 9:48pm On Oct 13, 2014
theoctopus:

So you would've rathered a gunfight like the coups of '66?
Re: Why Not Fashola? by obailala(m): 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
From my calculations, Fashola may not really be the god people paint him to be, but in the present scheme of things, he's well ahead of his contemporaries and he stands out as the ONLY person in the entire APC organisation whose candidacy can truly cause a stir in the GEJ camp; a Fashola candidacy would definitely divide the Jonathanian camp in the SE and SS and that is the ONLY chance the APC has at unseating PDP in 2015. Anything else and i'm afraid, Nigerians would unfortunately just have to endure with the clueless one and his toxic leadership for another 4 (or even more) torturous years.

Buhari would have been a good candidate but the PDP has done a very good job at poisoning the mind of the people with the 'Islamist' tag. It's unfortunate but in the Nigeria of today, Buhari cannot beat an incumbent Jonathan candidate. APC faithfuls might feel Buhari is the only candidate who can gather Northern votes but that is a bloody lie. With the irrational hatred the North has for Jonathan today, even if APC fields a pig, the North would vote massively for the livestock instead of Jonathan.

1 Like

Re: Why Not Fashola? by pendy79: 10:16pm On Oct 13, 2014
Fashola truly would have been a great bet at the presidency but we need to understand the multiethnic and tribal diversification that makes up the entity called Nigeria.

1999 was purely a yoruba presidential race between obasanjo and olu falae based on the injustice done to MKO Abiola in 1993. It was a general consensus to give it to the yorubas then.

Now if the APC should field another Yoruba man eight years after the generosity of other ethnic groups to deny people of their tribe from expressing their fundamental right on the altar of sacrifice and national unity, then it will be unfair and an injustice and selfishness on the part of the yoruba race. So common sense and national consideration doesn't favor fashola for now since the yorubas benefited from a special waiver in 1999.

Nigeria belong to all of us. No part of it should monopolize power perpetually. Let it go round.

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by ISpiksDaTroof: 10:24pm On Oct 13, 2014
obailala:
a Fashola candidacy would definitely divide the Jonathanian camp in the[b] SE and SS [/b]and that is the ONLY chance the APC has at unseating PDP in 2015.

Hard as it might be to believe, the rest of the country combined has more votes than those two blocs. So why don't you really want a Northerner again?
Re: Why Not Fashola? by Nobody: 10:31pm On Oct 13, 2014
theoctopus:

Partisanship aside, GEJ has achieved a lot in his administration but of what use is a good man surrounded by hungry wolves who won't hesitate to plunder the scarce resources of the nation. PDP has shown over the years that their only interest is to satisfy their kleptomaniac tendencies. Nigerians are tired of PDP, the only people who still chant the PDP mantra are the paid hacks and political jobbers on Nairaland.

I have spoken to a number of my friends in Nigeria and their stories are the same. We agree that we don't want PDP anymore, in fact, we're tired of the tide of corruption under PDP but we will not vote for the same Northerners who plunged us into this mess with the ''auto-pilot" manner with which they managed the country's resources for 38 years, not to mention that they introduced corruption and nepotism to this once vibrant nation. The same set of people who promised to make the country ungovernable if power does not return to the North, and they kept their promise.

Why can't we get a Fashola for a change? Every Nigerian share this sentiment and i strongly believe that Nigeria needs a man with Fashola's administrative skill than a Buhari or Jonathan who have proven to be more or less, brawn without brains. Now you all can go ahead and call me a bigot, i really don't give half-a-*uck.
Re: Why Not Fashola? by obailala(m): 11:12pm On Oct 13, 2014
pendy79:
Fashola truly would have been a great bet at the presidency but we need to understand the multiethnic and tribal diversification that makes up the entity called Nigeria.

1999 was purely a yoruba presidential race between obasanjo and olu falae based on the injustice done to MKO Abiola in 1993. It was a general consensus to give it to the yorubas then.

Now if the APC should field another Yoruba man eight years after the generosity of other ethnic groups to deny people of their tribe from expressing their fundamental right on the alter of sacrifice and national unity, then it will be unfair and an injustice and selfishness on the part of the yoruba race. So common sense and national consideration doesn't favor fashola for now since the yorubas benefited from a special waiver in 1999.

Nigeria belong to all of us. No part of it should monopolize power perpetually. Let it go round.
What you have said is true and the PDP would definitely capitalize on the ethnic/tribal card to fight a Fashola candidacy.

But lets examine it this way, imagine Nigerians are presented with a GEJ vs Fashola choice?..

If this scenerio arises, first of all, I can bet my last buck the entire southwest and Lagos would go for Fash.

Secondly, even though the domineering and tribalistic northerners would be greatly disturbed and sickened that APC isn't fielding a northern Hausa-Fulani candidate, I can bet my last buck they would rather have a Fashola meal instead of a Jonathan any day; in fact, they would rather vote a goat instead of Jonathan.

Lastly and most importantly, the Jonathanians of the SE and SS extraction; I can assure you that most of these people do not really like Jonathan and most are actually aware of his incompetence and shortcomings. The support for GEJ is rather due to a hatred for the domineering attitude of the North. While a lot would still remain Jonathanians, I am sure a lot of these people would reconsider their Jonathanian allegiance if they are presented with a non-Hausa-Fulani northerner. Fashola is the only candidate from the APC that can have this effect on the SS/SE

5 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by bigass(f): 11:33pm On Oct 13, 2014
obailala:
What you have said is true and the PDP would definitely capitalize on the ethnic/tribal card to fight a Fashola candidacy.

But lets examine it this way, imagine Nigerians are presented with a GEJ vs Fashola choice?..

If this scenerio arises, first of all, I can bet my last buck the entire southwest and Lagos would go for Fash.

Secondly, even though the domineering and tribalistic northerners would be greatly disturbed and sickened that APC isn't fielding a northern Hausa-Fulani candidate, I can bet my last buck they would rather have a Fashola meal instead of a Jonathan any day; in fact, they would rather vote a goat instead of Jonathan.

Lastly and most importantly, the Jonathanians of the SE and SS extraction; I can assure you that most of these people do not really like Jonathan and most are actually aware of his incompetence and shortcomings. The support for GEJ is rather due to a hatred for the domineering attitude of the North. While a lot would still remain Jonathanians, I am sure a lot of these people would reconsider their Jonathanian allegiance if they are presented with a non-Hausa-Fulani northerner. Fashola is the only candidate from the APC that can have this effect on the SS/SE

brilliant
Re: Why Not Fashola? by obailala(m): 11:49pm On Oct 13, 2014
ISpiksDaTroof:

Hard as it might be to believe, the rest of the country combined has more votes than those two blocs. So why don't you really want a Northerner again?
Yeah but remember, the SE and SS has the highest cluster of Jonathanians... Anyone hoping to unseat Jonathan has to think of dividing these camps. I don't understand your question about 'wanting northerners', but my point is that a lot of Nigerian minds have already been poisoned about a Buhari candidacy and hence, he may not be a sellable candidate at this point to unseat Jonathan. He would have been the a good president for Nigeria at this time no doubt, but the focus for now should first of all be to defeat GEJ which is something I dont think Buhari can do.
Re: Why Not Fashola? by pendy79: 12:01am On Oct 14, 2014
obailala:

My brother, if the APC field Okorocha next year be rest assured he will only win in Imo State out of the whole South East and it is not because he is not Igbo but because an average igbo man sees an average northerner as an enemy and Islamist and the APC represents that to them. So the APC is not bothered about the two blocs per se outside Imo state and Rivers/Edo state.

No government has ever polarised Nigeria along.ethnic and religious divide the way the present administration has done. We've had Muslim Military Head of State with absolute power to Islamize Nigeria even.Abacha the worst despot didn't , yet they labelled a man of.Integrity and strong character as an Islamist since they can't wear a toga of corruption on him. Turkey, Indonesia, Malaysia and Egypt are 90% Muslim countries but have their leaders Islamized them. Yet we hear and read from.dull and those who can't think.by themselves calling a leader whose personal driver of 45 years is a Christian as an Islamist.

If Jonathan had perform and taken decisive steps against corruption and physical and social infrastructure development across the country in the last 5years, I don't think next year's election should have been.a worry to him based on the overwhelming support.and goodwill he had post yar-Adua.
But what do you have? A rogue trader, an economic saboteur, a bank loan defaulter, a shrewd and irresponsible businessman who duped his own kinsman is the National Co-ordinator of TAN a group canvassing the return of the C-in-T that should tell you how low the government can go.

We can't continue along these path of national destruct the PDP represents since 1999. fashola or whosoever not even Alex Ekwueme can defeat Jonathan in some South East states so why bother. The good thing is the vote strength of just Lagos, oyo, kano and Kastina will equal all the total votes cast in the entire SE and SS. Let them continue in their delusion.

No sane nigerian will wish the country to continue the path PDP has led it in the last 15 years

2 Likes

Re: Why Not Fashola? by obailala(m): 12:53am On Oct 14, 2014
pendy79:

My brother, if the APC field Okorocha next year be rest assured he will only win in Imo State out of the whole South East and it is not because he is not Igbo but because an average igbo man sees an average northerner as an enemy and Islamist and the APC represents that to them. So the APC is not bothered about the two blocs per se outside Imo state and Rivers/Edo state.

We can't continue along these path of national destruct the PDP represents since 1999. fashola or whosoever not even Alex Ekwueme can defeat Jonathan in some South East states so why bother?. The good thing is the vote strength of just Lagos, oyo, kano and Kastina will equal all the total votes cast in the entire SE and SS. Let them continue in their delusion.

No sane nigerian will wish the country to continue the path PDP has led it in the last 15 years
APC cannot win a national election if they are not bothered about votes from these regions; now we aren't talking about 100% of the votes but just a little chunk of it.

1 Like

(1) (2) (Reply)

See The Love shown To Buhari En Route To The Campaign Square In Kaduna / AGAIN NIGERIAN AIRFORCE Helicopters Drop Boko Haram Flyers in Song, Adamawa / Look At What Fuel Scarcity Has Caused (pix)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.