Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,707 members, 7,802,122 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? - Travel (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? (114873 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? / What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 1:36pm On Mar 18, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oluplanet(m): 8:17am On Mar 25, 2011
Aussie is a very nice place to be, i planned moving there by late 2011 on a study permit. @marcar and iyeayo i sent u a mail just now please reply as soon as u can.thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oluplanet(m): 8:17am On Mar 25, 2011
Aussie is a very nice place to be, i planned moving there by late 2011 on a study permit. @marcar and iyeayo i sent u a mail just now please reply as soon as u can.thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 1:40pm On Mar 26, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Pennywise(m): 1:45pm On Mar 26, 2011
Australia? A very far place
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 2:15pm On Mar 26, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 2:22pm On Mar 26, 2011
@ marcar       G'day mate grin how're you faring? Hope Australia's treating you right? Anyway, to the matter on ground, I submitted my student visa app like a week ago. 2 days back, My sponsors got a form/letter from the Australian embassy in SA, Pretoria. A verification of bank statement letter to be precise. Did your sponsor receive something like that? Although my sponsors have filled and sent the forms back to the embassy, I would like to know if you went through the same process. Thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 2:51pm On Mar 26, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 11:19am On Mar 27, 2011
marcar:

am doing good in aussie yes my sponsor receive something like that also, all what i just want you to do is to please tell your sponsor that he should make sure that the required amount of money is still in the account till you have the visa make sure that it does not reduce by 1 kobo, its well

Thanks for the update bro. I'll pass ur advice to my sponsors. Take care
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oluplanet(m): 5:59pm On Mar 27, 2011
@marcar, pls give me ur email address i need to resend the mail again. maybe the other mail address i got was not correct.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by oluplanet(m): 6:27pm On Mar 27, 2011
@marcar, please if you have any useful information to help me on study permit. Here is my email address. planettech09@yahoo.com . your response will be highly appreciated
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 1:58pm On Mar 28, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by usewisdom: 4:22pm On Apr 02, 2011
Hello guys, pls i need u guys advice on my friend's application for a Tourist Visa AUSTRALIA.

His personal GTB bank statement balance is N100,000. I understand that the balance is too small in his gtb bank, but he will also provide his Micro Finance Bank statement showing balance of 1.3 to 1.5 million naira.

Do u think Australian High Commission will accept micro finance bank statement, because the balance is more heavy than his GTB account, but he's providing the two. Or he should move his money from Micro finance to his savings account at GTB bank

What do u think guys??
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by t4top2010: 11:44pm On Apr 02, 2011
Hi Marca,

Which part of Australia are you in?
We just got our PR visa and are looking to come over towards the end of the year but we can't make up our mind as to the best place to settle.
How are you finding Australia and what is life like in general?

You can e-mail me directly using my e-mail address which is on my previous post on page 5. I will really appreciate that.
Thanks. :
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 8:44am On Apr 03, 2011

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Gbenge77(m): 5:56pm On Apr 04, 2011
I reckon Australia is a very peaceful country.Cities like sydnew,perth,melbourne and brisbane are very nice places to be
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by justhustle: 9:09pm On Apr 04, 2011
@t4top2010

just wondering how long did it take for the whole processing?
did you use an agent or you did it on your own.
what subclass of visa category did you apply for?
the whole different subclass issue is really confusing
would really appreciate some info here.

Thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by iyeayo(f): 1:45am On Apr 05, 2011
oluplanet:

@Oluplanet, my apologies, but I did not receive your email. My email address is iyeayo@yahoo.com.au, I hope you got it right.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by iyeayo(f): 2:03am On Apr 05, 2011
For those planning to come to Australia, maybe it will interest you to know that the Aussie dolar is now buying 1.04USD which I think is a good sign that the country is not doing too badly

1 Like

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by t4top2010: 3:43pm On Apr 05, 2011
@justhustle

The whole process took us about 6 months. We submitted our SS application on-line in September, got SS in October and then submitted our PR visa application on line in November. We got our visa last week which was the first week in March. The visa sub class is 176 and it has the same status as the 175 but it is quicker because it puts you in CAT 2 instead of CAT 4 for processing supposing you qualify for it.
I did all the processing myself and it was very straight forward. I don't think you need and agent to do it for you if you know what you are doing and just read through the information.
Good luck!!!
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by t4top2010: 3:47pm On Apr 05, 2011
@iyeayo

Hi iyeayo,

I sent you an e-mail sometimes ago but you never replied back.
Is it o.k if if send you another one now? I just want to ask you some questions and seek your advice regarding Adelaide since you live there.

Thank you.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by justhustle: 7:02pm On Apr 05, 2011
how did you go about the state sponsorship issue?
is there a separate website for that?
did you have your skills/degrees assessed before starting the whole process? how? cost?
how much did the whole process cost aproximatley?
would like to talk wif you,if its okay with you please drop your number,a brother needs some info badly.
Princewill199@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by justhustle: 7:04pm On Apr 05, 2011
@t4top2010

how did you go about the state sponsorship issue?
is there a separate website for that?
did you have your skills/degrees assessed before starting the whole process? how? cost?
how much did the whole process cost aproximatley?
would like to talk wif you,if its okay with you please drop your number,a brother needs some info badly.
Princewill199@yahoo.com
thanks
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by t4top2010: 9:07pm On Apr 05, 2011
@justhustle
You can apply for SS through any one of the states. You just go to their website and check that your occupation is on their skills list.
If it is then you lodge the application on-line. We went through SA and the application is free. It cost you nothing to apply. Yes, you have to have your qualifications assessed but that only take about two to three weeks depending on your profession. You will find the name and contact details of the body that Will assess your qualifications form the state web site.
Once you have done that then it is just a straight forward on-line application done and you wait for their decision. It takes about 6 - 8 weeks for them to process your application after which you are given a month to lodge your 176 visa application with the DIAC. This also you do on-line but you have to pay about £1500 at this point. The only other cost you will incur after this is your medical and police clearance cost which will depend on how many people are in your family.

You can pm me directly if you like and I will then be able to answer any questions more quickly. My e-mail address is: o.asaye@tiscali.co.uk

I will advice you to do it asap if you really want to because the Australian immigration rules are changing in July and it has been said that the new rules will make it difficult for a lot of people to qualify or get enough points to apply for immigration without a job offer.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by iyeayo(f): 10:20pm On Apr 05, 2011
t4top2010:

@iyeayo

Hi iyeayo,

I sent you an e-mail sometimes ago but you never replied back.
Is it o.k if if send you another one now? I just want to ask you some questions and seek your advice regarding Adelaide since you live there.

Thank you.

@t4top2010, Pls do send me an email, it must have been an oversight or mayb it went to my junk box or something. I will look out 4 your mail from now.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by canlor: 12:02am On Apr 11, 2011
@Iyeayo, t4top2010 & co
I wish to inquire if anybody on the forum who graduated from a nigerian university have had their skills assessed before.
ie sending your degree certificate and transcripts for assessment prior to filling in your sponsorship request.
how is the process like,i have been told that graduates from nigeria rarely do not get positive response from skills/education assessment body.
how true is it?
what and what do i need to do to ensure i am positively assessed.
looking forward to hearing from you guys

cheers.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by usewisdom: 1:36pm On Apr 12, 2011
Does anybody knows exactly weeks or month the Australia Toursit Visa takes for processing and ready for collection?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by jaybee3(m): 1:37pm On Apr 12, 2011
Too far
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 2:00pm On Apr 12, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by usewisdom: 8:59am On Apr 13, 2011
I'm applying from lagos.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 12:10pm On Apr 13, 2011
marcar:

Who dey ask you question??

Lol! You seem to have forgotten the thread title.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.