Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,581 members, 7,809,110 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:26 PM

What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? (114905 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Back Home Hate On Nigerians Living Abroad Especially In The US / Why Do Nigerians Abroad Dont Help Themselves? / What Do Nigerians Think Of America ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by usewisdom: 12:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
I just want to know exactly weeks or months the Australia Tourist Visa take to ready for collection after submission in Lagos.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 12:29am On Apr 18, 2011
My visa app status so far:

P.V.A - Completed cheesy.
C.O.E - Ongoing.
Medicals - Ongoing.
Visa - Almost there grin
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 6:53am On Apr 18, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Gbenge77(m): 12:54pm On Apr 19, 2011
Australia is a nice country but its proximity appears to be a problem.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 10:27pm On Apr 19, 2011
@ marcar Thanks bro!!! Am coming soon oh! cheesy Thanks for the support, The money's still the account. It aint goin nowhere, trust me wink. Am coming to Perth. Thats where you are, right?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 3:41am On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 9:54am On Apr 20, 2011
Please can you guys list the step by step process of getting a student's visa to include requirements and processing times?

Thank you.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 11:03am On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 11:21am On Apr 20, 2011
marcar:

you can get more about getting student visa from this website www.immi.gov.au/students

But incase you need any question you can ask on this forum.have you been admitted into any school? cause that is the first stage

Yes I have. CQ Uni, Brisbane. Done IELTS too, got 8.5.
The entire process seems so daunting, don't know where to start.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 11:24am On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 11:31am On Apr 20, 2011
marcar:

have you downloaded the visa application form and where are you applying from?

I haven't downloaded any forms. I'm applying from Lagos but I understand all applications will have to be forwarded to SA.
Do I have to pay my fees first?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 12:32pm On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 12:35pm On Apr 20, 2011
Thank you so much!
What are the requirements though?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 12:39pm On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 12:42pm On Apr 20, 2011
Ok. Thanks. smiley
What's this PVA thing y'all were talking about earlier?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by jaybee3(m): 12:43pm On Apr 20, 2011
^^^
Can i come with u to aussieland wink
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 12:46pm On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 1:00pm On Apr 20, 2011
jay bee:

^^^
Can i come with u to aussieland wink

Lol!!!! I will beat you. angry
marcar:

That is the first stage in visa assessment it is after all you documents have been verified and you will then be informed to pay your tuition fee and go for your medical !!!

Ok. Is it at this stage I pay the fees you mentioned earlier?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 1:03pm On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 1:58pm On Apr 20, 2011
marcar:

You will have paid the application fee and VFS administrative charges. it only your tuition fee that you are going to pay after the PVA

Ok. Thank you again. I will let you know how it goes.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 2:41pm On Apr 20, 2011
How can you go to VFS without paying for fees first? abi you want the embassy to send your post back? Fees must be paid for first off, financial statement declared for atleast the first 24 months, COE which is your confirmation of enrolment, OSHC(Overseas health cover) and accomodation e.t.c must all be ready before you go to VFS office in lagos.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 2:45pm On Apr 20, 2011
usewisdom:

I'm applying from lagos.

Depends on if your doc is complete. They have their eyes on the financial aspect, because you are not allowed to work, they expect you to have enough to support yourself. If all documents are complete it should take less than a month.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 3:01pm On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 3:19pm On Apr 20, 2011
Lol , CoE and financial statement and all other certificates areĀ  very important part of the application. All of these has to be in that envelope you take the the VFS office in ikeja. The embassy if you even ring them will tell you they want all documents ready and sent with the envelope. THE ONLY THING THEY DO NOT ASK FOR HIS YOUR XRAY/MEDICALS. That is one thing they will ask for the minute they decide you are eligible for a student visa. Since you live in perth why don't you visit their office just opp 'Harbour town'' and ask them for their requirements.

The only thing VFS requires is your envelope to send to SA and the money you pay for it.

BTW do you know that the laws have changed recently and if you wanna extend your student visa you have to apply like a first timer and provide all details from scratch,unlike before that all you had to do is show them your CoE? for a 5000 dollars per semester course they now need about 46000 dollars on your account or whatever financial doc you are applying with before they can grant you a visa?
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 3:26pm On Apr 20, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 3:32pm On Apr 20, 2011
Not arguing with you either, but I have family members here that have been studying for 2years and more even before they changed from DHL to VFS. And that was their criteria back then and still is now, the only thing that has changed is the '''extension of visa''. I actually knew about the latest change in rules when one of them wanted to extend their visa and they were asking for almost 50 grand as proof of financial stability for 24 months.

BTW welcome to aussie , there is heaps of opportunities in aussie and I hope you enjoy your stay.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by maileby(m): 11:28am On Apr 21, 2011
eCoE is not mandatory for Assessment Level 3. Nigeria falls into assessment level 3 for Bachelor degree and Masters by course work. Nigeria is in Assessment Level 2 for research students.

@jennykadry,

I am in Brisbane Studying too. When I applied for student visa in 2009, I lodged it with DHL but I learnt they are using VFS now. Australia immigration recommends that assessment level 3 should not pay tuition fee and do heath check until you are asked to do so.

@spikedcylinde,

Just make sure your bank statement is genuine with the required amount because they will verify your account. After you lodge your application through VFS, the case officer handling your application will only ask you to pay tuition fee for first term (semester) and Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC), and also ask you to go for medical check up.

Be aware that AU$ is higher than US$, it is AU$1 to US$1.08 as at today. So, do your calculations very well, otherwise, Aussie immigration may not smile at you. The money aspect is the real thing to securing Australia visa.

You can get clarification from these links and also the documents you need to attach to your application.

http://www.immi.gov.au/students/checklists/visa_573_3.pdf

http://www.vfs-au.co.za/images/Student%20Visa%20Checklist_Jan2010.pdf

Do not hesitate to contact me here if you need more clarifications.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by Nobody: 12:29pm On Apr 22, 2011
Nigeria and some countries fall under assessment 3, which ''now'' takes about 3 months processing time. When my cousin lodged hers the 3 months processing time was not in effect because it took her 1 month and a few days to get her visa. Her fees was already paid for because the first thing they asked for was a COE. A refund of fees was going to be granted that was if she did not get her visa approved. We sent everything with DHL except the medicals she had to do later. I remember the email they sent to me then, It stated then that ''her application for student visa has been processsed(conditionally) and the whole process is ready to go to the next level and if she wants to go ahead with it, they would want her to go for medicals'' That was the only thing we did not send alongside the Application form and so on.

COE was there and lol funny enough I still communicate with the woman that handled her case.
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by fopishow(m): 3:36am On Apr 26, 2011
Hello marcar , please i have lodged my application last 2 weeks , concerning the Pva , how will the australian embassy get back to me ? is it by mail or by the courier ? i mean before i then proceed with my medicals ,please reply,
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by fopishow(m): 3:48am On Apr 26, 2011
hello , please i also will like to know how i can track my application , anyone please help, (marcar)
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by marcar(m): 4:19am On Apr 26, 2011
Re: What Do Nigerians Think Of Australia? by spikedcylinder: 9:42am On Apr 27, 2011
Jenny I think they are right. I just got this from their site:

Student visa requirements and procedures for Assessment
Level 3 or 4
Pre-visa assessment is part of the processing of AL3/4 student applications. The application and
supporting documentation have to be lodged and paid for the pre-visa assessment to take place. Once that
assessment is completed and the processing officers are satisfied with the supporting information the
applicant has provided, prior to granting the visa the applicant is sent a Pre-visa assessment letter. The
applicant then pays the institution, provides the CoE and undergoes medical examinations.
AL3/4 student visa applicants are advised not to pay tuition fees and undergo medical examinations before
receiving the Pre-visa assessment letter. Before applying for a visa, the student should obtain a letter from
the education provider indicating that they have been offered a place.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

American, US Based, And US Aspirant Derailer Thread / Students In Switzerland/ Nigerians Living In Switzerland, your Experiences Here! / Port Harcourt Lockdown: What I Saw Around The City Yesterday- PICTURES

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.