Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,474 members, 7,808,720 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 03:57 PM

Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus (1138 Views)

Victor Moses Happy With Eagles Return / I'm Yet To Decide On Eagles Return - Keshi / Eagles Return-tickets Were Booked Before Q-Final Match (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by Wisdytech(m): 6:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
Ten thousand US dollars earmarked for each Super Eagles player culminating into over $400,000 cash was returned to eggheads of the Nigeria Football Federation (NFF) after Sudan beat Nigeria 1-0 in Khartoum on Saturday night.

Sportinglife’s dependable source, who accompanied the delegation to Khartoum, disclosed the money was returned intact. He also revealed that NFF men do not want to sack Keshi with this loss stressing that: ” I suspect that because he has no contract, there won’t be any need for such a procedure. They want him to continue with what he is doing until it is arithmetically sure that Nigeria won’t be in Morocco, before his services will be dispensed with. As for the coach, his body language doesn’t show that he would do the honourable thing by resigning.

“Let me tell you a story. After the game, people were sad with the loss to lowly placed Sudan on the table. They were angry that Nigeria is at the rear in the group. They booed the players, especially those who came to support the team. Guess what. When we got to the hotel, the fans found the players and coaches eating, laughing and joking among themselves as if nothing bad had happened.

“The Nigerians living in Khartoum and some other fans abused them to their faces. The players and coaches were unperturbed. It was so sad. In fact, one old woman swore for them. You needed to see this woman shedding tears. She said she lost fortunes from the loss as many of her customers who ordered for food and drinks went home without caring to stop by her shop. She was a wreck as she swore,” Sportinglife ‘s source said.

http://thenationonlineng.net/new/eagles-return-400000-match-bonus/
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by Wisdytech(m): 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by SeunEatsGARRI: 6:26pm On Oct 13, 2014
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by Rikidony(m): 8:37pm On Oct 13, 2014
ok
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by Hanibal(m): 9:50pm On Oct 13, 2014
space booked
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by Omero(m): 6:11am On Oct 14, 2014
dats d needful and it was don otherwise heaven will b let-loose.
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by Tonylyte(m): 7:05am On Oct 14, 2014
Were there even waitng for me to tell them before?
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by onkanaija(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2014
So SK doesn't care about the happiness of 167 million Nigeria. Hw can they be celebrating in their hotels even after their ignominy in Sudan.. it baffles me.
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by kliq(m): 8:48am On Oct 14, 2014
Wow so these boys are this cool,unlike when they fought over unpaid bonuses at the world cup....just how poor performances can humble them,i just hope the returned money is used appropriately by their Ogas.
After just a point in 3matches I wonder where they stand in the FIFA rankings,maybe 10th in Africa and 50 some in the world.
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by Wisdytech(m): 2:21pm On Oct 14, 2014
OR!
Tonylyte:
Were there even waitng for me to tell them before?
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by ayukdaboss(m): 12:31am On Oct 15, 2014
kliq:
Wow so these boys are this cool,unlike when they fought over unpaid bonuses at the world cup....just how poor performances can humble them,i just hope the returned money is used appropriately by their Ogas.
After just a point in 3matches I wonder where they stand in the FIFA rankings,maybe 10th in Africa and 50 some in the world.

Of course they had to return the money. World cup was different..why? They were playing well so they felt worthy of their bonuses but after a disgraceful, abysmal and embarassing loss to Sudan some days ago, anybody who still deems it fit to take 10,000dollars back home has lost his conscience a long time ago.
Re: Eagles Return $400,000 Match Bonus by Omolecturer(m): 7:40am On Oct 15, 2014
Beta angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Eden Hazard Has Signed Another Five Year Contract With Chelsea / Leciester Vs Chelsea 7:45 Pm Live (2-4) / Real Madrid 1 (1) – (2) 1 Manchester United (Highlights)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.