Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,288 members, 7,807,977 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 12:54 AM

Being A Better Muslim? - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Being A Better Muslim? (7682 Views)

7 Ways To Be A Better Muslim / 12 Amazing Tips To Become A Better Muslim / Does Being Cool Make You A Better Muslim? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Being A Better Muslim? by Mubarack44(m): 10:29pm On Dec 13, 2014
Alhamdulillah wizeboy have said it all thanks
Re: Being A Better Muslim? by alsudaes1(m): 11:20pm On Dec 13, 2014
purifying the heart always and abiding by the lessons of Qur'an 2 verse 177.

1 Like

Re: Being A Better Muslim? by DMainMan: 4:12am On Dec 14, 2014
Follow the pillars of Islam and the 6 articles of faith. Avoiding the big sins like fornication, adultery, shirk, stealing. etc

We must always strive doin gud deeds always and never being contented

May Allah (SWT) in his infinite mercy accept our good deeds as an act of Ibada and forgive our sins.

Amin.

2 Likes

Re: Being A Better Muslim? by Sissie(f): 7:04am On Dec 14, 2014
poundlander:
there is nothing like a BETTER muslim, it is expected of a muslim to be better than their contemporary. BEING AN IDEAL MUSLIM would have been a better Subject. Ma Salam

Who are their contemporary?

I chose not to use the word ideal Muslim, as that is an unattainable state. Ideal means perfect, flawless, optimal, being the best possible. And it's about striving to become a better you, a better Muslim than you are the competition is your self not someone else.
Re: Being A Better Muslim? by abarry001: 7:35am On Dec 14, 2014
Sissie:
What does being a better Muslim mean to you?

Many times we think praying Five daily salat, wearing the hijab, keeping the beard etc is the basis of being a good Muslim, while I do not disagree to it the question is, is that all? Is that were many of us end it? Isn't it wider than this. Afteral we all agree Islam is a way of life, is your life itself dawah?

What does being a good Muslim mean to you?

Salam alaykum

Being a good muslim: the first step is to be very conscious of your salah (5 daily prayers) because the prophet (saw) said and I quote " the first thing that a servant would be asked about on the day of judgment is as-salat and if it is good every other deeds would be regarded good as well, and if it is bad all other good deeds wouldn't be regarded.

2ndly : A Muslim should be a mercy to all Allah's creatures, because the prophet (saw) said n I quote: I have not being raised as a prophet except to come and perfect good conduct (moral/generosity/kindness etc)

And remember Allah says in the glorious Quran that Our salat is meant to take us away from bad deeds/vises and every sort of evil and to enjoined us to always do good.

Also Allah affirmed it in the glorious Quran in so many verses that " Those who believe and do righteous deed" for them there is a great reward.

Wa Allahu a'alam

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Why I Am Not A Muslim / Holy Quran 5:55-tbaba You're Invited Here / 10 Ways To Prepare For Ramadan

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.