Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,864 members, 7,802,774 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:18 PM

Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? (1435 Views)

The SCAMMING Schemes Of Krixmas Logistics / Investment Schemes, Mlm, Hyip Etc Do They Actually Work? / Beware Of Mlm Schemes : Cdtforever Is In All Likelihood A Scam (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? by jeffizy(m): 8:44pm On Oct 13, 2014
"If I had known, I would have dropped out of school in 200level" .

That is a statement a lady friend I have known since our first day in University uttered this evening while we were chatting.

It was based on her firm belief in Multi level marketing scheme (MLM) she's into.
Mentioning names won't be necessary.

I've recently had to ponder on why the MLM turn some otherwise intelligent and positive people into a kind of robot.
-They don't make any conversation outside their scope of trying to suck you into joining their phantom scheme.
-The schemes often thrive on a promise of a luxurious life on a bogus island.
- The marketers use all tricks in the book to lure you into the system. An example is pasting an advert of employment with attractive salary on every wall available.
Often catching unsuspecting victims with a claim that no certificate is needed.
- They tend to look rough due to their method of marketing , which is sharing hand bills on the road and trying to get your number for invitation to a meeting .
They promise you an opportunity to be holidaying everyday if you can just show up.
- Like my lady friend who wished she dropped out of school, she forms a rather irritating habit of ego bloating with friends.
She lines every pix on your social apps, she comments on every post you make, even if it's silly.
All these just to draw you into the dragnet of their MLM.

I guess that's why it's called a scheme.
Their strategies are dubious and near paranoid. When you see a secondary school certificate holder promising you a life of luxury on a yatch, you better run!

THEY merely want to dump the shit they fed them with on you too.
SIMPLE!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? by RoyalRoy(m): 8:57pm On Oct 13, 2014
MLM schemes abound in different countries and regions. Some known examples here are GNLD, Organo-Gold, Tiens and Tianshi. Most of them promise their followers a heaven on earth if they can market and push the products. I guess those sucked into the system believe all the nonsense and hence they dedicate all their life and brain chasing the dream.

Hopefully they wake up some day to realise nothing good comes easily, forget about working your ass off to push someone else's bright ideas.
Re: Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? by bedfordng(m): 10:01pm On Oct 13, 2014
I must tell you this mlm main personel are brain washers.their brain washing scheme can make you think the job is easy which too many lazy people are falling victims.there was one that made advert and said make money by just wearing tshirt.mehn, you need to see the number of people he claimed came for the seminar workshop but as he was talking, i just knew that some people are just too gulible.he mentioned that one needs to register to take part and they have different level of registration which are gold,silver,diamond etc.the way they paint images in ones thought would make them to borrow money to join which at the end they will be stuck and can't quit.the beginners that are stuck won't want their money to go down the drain,so they will use all means to convince their gulible neighbors to join,that is how the scheme keeps degenerating to catch new fishes that would be stuck too.all those image painting of heaven on earth is something else.make money for just wearing a tshirt i thought but behind it, its an MLM which many would fall for.moreover, most MLM just come and disappear after scamming people.

1 Like

Re: Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? by tonytony208(m): 10:14pm On Oct 13, 2014
One was trying to lure me to join an MLM program. He told stories of how some other pple have made 6 figures in 6 months. But he himself has no personal positive story to tell even though he had been there for almost 2 years.

1 Like

Re: Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? by SHOPPERS(m): 10:25pm On Oct 13, 2014
I pity joblessness and thinking disabilities... Most of the guys joining MLM are secondary school graduates who have given up on furthering their education and so are hopeless of a white collar job which could bring them those Heaven on Earth promised them by their "Managers"
Re: Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? by jeffizy(m): 5:13am On Oct 14, 2014
bedfordng:
I must tell you this mlm main personel are brain washers.their brain washing scheme can make you think the job is easy which too many lazy people are falling victims.there was one that made advert and said make money by just wearing tshirt.mehn, you need to see the number of people he claimed came for the seminar workshop but as he was talking, i just knew that some people are just too gulible.he mentioned that one needs to register to take part and they have different level of registration which are gold,silver,diamond etc.the way they paint images in ones thought would make them to borrow money to join which at the end they will be stuck and can't quit.the beginners that are stuck won't want their money to go down the drain,so they will use all means to convince their gulible neighbors to join,that is how the scheme keeps degenerating to catch new fishes that would be stuck too.all those image painting of heaven on earth is something else.make money for just wearing a tshirt i thought but behind it, its an MLM which many would fall for.moreover, most MLM just come and disappear after scamming people.
You have hit it on the head better than I did.
My lady friend lives, breathes and sleeps MLM to a nauseating degree.
She doesn't know yet, but most of her friends try to avoid her both on bbm and in reality.
Such is the extent of her depreciation value among friends. :>(
Re: Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? by jeffizy(m): 5:17am On Oct 14, 2014
tonytony208:
One was trying to lure me to join an MLM program. He told stories of how some other pple have made 6 figures in 6 months. But he himself has no personal positive story to tell even though he had been there for almost 2 years.
It gets worse when they carry around a pamphlet filled with success stories of some people they do not know.
I notice the first assignment they are given is to drag you to their seminars. I believe they earn points for bringing people to their pity party.
Re: Are MLM Schemes Brainwashing Their Marketers? by jeffizy(m): 5:22am On Oct 14, 2014
I just remembered a seminar I went to as far back as 2005 when I was an undergraduate.
I saw this young lawyer who was trying to get me in to sign up for the program. Also a lady.
I noticed her hubby was not in any other job except the MLM scheme.
And so, any client she has must join the scheme before she will handle any legal stuff for you.

Guess whose downlink you will join.?....

Her husband's! grin

Big time Yeye.

(1) (Reply)

What Happens To Nigerians In The Diaspora Without BVN Number? / Have I Just Been Defrauded By 1ST BANK? / Narada 12V, 200ah Battery Suppliers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.