Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,891 members, 7,802,871 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 12:19 AM

Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? - Family (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? (9828 Views)

Discrimination Against Women In Nigeria / Will You Live In A House Built By Your Wife? Men Speak / Ever Been Abused? How Did You Get Out Of It? Still Been Abused?speak Up. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by crackhaus: 10:44am On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Must I respond to all posts directed at me?

Since you know that I am fond of using snide words on people I don't agree with, why are you still interested in my response?
Listen, I know exactly why you are now this way and I would have loved to mention it here, but I won't cheesycheesy

You need to understand that this is the internet filled with people of different backgrounds, age, intellect, and knowledge.
You should not expect that you do/say something wrong or make wrong claims and not be corrected.

I see you blabbing about me thinking whether you have a life outside here or not. Lady you are not my business and I don't keep past grudges on here past the point where it's domiciled, unlike you... wink
With the way you get visibly pissed anytime you slip up and end up being corrected, it may seem you really do take having a NL reputation or lack of it very seriously.

Final words:
You cannot be right all the time, and more so, not in a place like NL where different types of people abound that can easily detect slip-ups.
When you notice your mistake and you get attacked/corrected, take it in good stride and move on....after all, you have said you have a life outside NL.

Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by crackhaus: 10:50am On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

crackhaus,

I do not care if anybody assumes anything about me or not.

I will wager my 3 months pay that if I see you today, I will not know you so what is my business with what you or anyone else think about me?

Do you care what I think about you? Seriously?

Anybody interested in a rinsing that is light hearted or heavy hearted is free cool

I will prescribe the chill pill for you and TV01 first.

I am a good girl remember undecided

Obviously something is pissing you off, else you won't be going off tangent like this.

Take a chill pill cheesy

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by bukatyne(f): 10:55am On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

Obviously something is pissing you off, else you won't be going off tangent like this.

Take a chill pill cheesy

You must be a mind reader...

I will definitely need your skills wink

Booking

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by TV01(m): 10:57am On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

Not really, she's just naturally shrewish grin!

TV
Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by bukatyne(f): 11:05am On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

Listen, I know exactly why you are now this way and I would have loved to mention it here, but I won't cheesycheesy

You need to understand that this is the internet filled with people of different backgrounds, age, intellect, and knowledge.
You should not expect that you do/say something wrong or make wrong claims and not be corrected.

I see you blabbing about me thinking whether you have a life outside here or not. Lady you are not my business and I don't keep past grudges on here past the point where it's domiciled, unlike you... wink
With the way you get visibly pissed anytime you slip up and end up being corrected, it may seem you really do take having a NL reputation or lack of it very seriously.

Final words:
You cannot be right all the time, and more so, not in a place like NL where different types of people abound that can easily detect slip-ups.
When you notice your mistake and you get attacked/corrected, take it in good stride and move on....after all, you have said you have a life outside NL.

Cheers!

Honestly, I give up

Obviously something is pissing me up...

You know what's wrong but will not mention it...

You also know I keep grudges considering the fact I can't remember having any row with you previously

@bold, can you give examples of where I slipped, people 'corrected' me and I got visibly pissed?

I sincerely give up! grin

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by pickabeau1: 11:17am On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne

Your initial statement was condescending. like someone is retarded.. speak/write in english

Thats on this thread... no need to bring other things into it
Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by bukatyne(f): 11:21am On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:
bukatyne

Your initial statement was condescending. like someone is retarded.. speak/write in english

Thats on this thread... no need to bring other things into it

Please bring other things, I will appreciate it

When you commented, I explained what I meant.

If he felt it was condescending, he would said so and I would have apologized and explained myself or quoted my response to you on the subject matter.

Still waiting for the other things

3 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by pickabeau1: 11:22am On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Please bring other things, I will appreciate it

When you commented, I explained what I meant.

If he felt it was condescending, he would said so and I would have apologized and explained myself or quoted my response to you on the subject matter.

Still waiting for the other things

No need for that now ...

Just the speak in english for now
Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by bukatyne(f): 11:24am On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:

No need for that now ...

Just the speak in english for now

Ok
Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by crackhaus: 12:25pm On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

You must be a mind reader...

I will definitely need your skills wink

Booking
Well I try my best, I hope you can afford my services?
Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by crackhaus: 12:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
pickabeau1:
Your initial statement was condescending. like someone is slow.. speak/write in english
The fact that it has to be pointed out to her just goes to show it's a trait she's not even in control of, which is why she doesn't realize when she's sounding condescending.

Bukatyne go back to your 'love and marriage/submission' thread. Read your comments over objectively if you need more examples.

1 Like

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by crackhaus: 12:32pm On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Honestly, I give up

Obviously something is pissing me up...

You know what's wrong but will not mention it...

You also know I keep grudges considering the fact I can't remember having any row with you previously

@bold, can you give examples of where I slipped, people 'corrected' me and I got visibly pissed?

I sincerely give up! grin

What's the book of 1Cor 13 about?
How husbands should love their wives or how Christians should emulate Christ's kind of love?

Prove you don't keep grudges or get pissed as a sign of good faith.

There's another instance though, but I'll stop on this for now. wink

1 Like

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by bukatyne(f): 12:42pm On Oct 17, 2014
crackhaus:

What's the book of 1Cor 13 about?
How husbands should love their wives or how Christians should emulate Christ's kind of love?

Prove you don't keep grudges or get pissed as a sign of good faith.

There's another instance though, but I'll stop on this for now. wink

And if I don't? undecided

All these instances around? Why don't you give them and let's see?

After that my thread, you still commented on my birthday thread and I responded; I quoted you on another thread (I have forgotten which now) and I am keeping grudges from a previous thread or is this grudge keeping selective to threads?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by crackhaus: 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

And if I don't? undecided

All these instances around? Why don't you give them and let's see?

After that my thread, you still commented on my birthday thread and I responded; I quoted you on another thread (I have forgotten which now) and I am keeping grudges from a previous thread or is this grudge keeping selective to threads?
Never mind.

But now that you mention your birthday thread, it's clear we have no beef so I didn't get why you said you won't reply my posts anymore...doesn't that mean you have a grudge or whatever thing you'd like to call it - with me? cheesy

As for the book of 1Cor 13, you don't have to answer but isn't it smart you prove me wrong if I am?

1 Like

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 17, 2014
bukatyne:

Can you point out where I said 'verbal abuse' is 'right'?

"All those men talk less is wash; if a woman runs her
mouth, run yours "

What does the words in quote infer?

Maybe I should help you inverse it to make it more understandable.

"All those ladies aren't physical is wash; if a man hits you, hit him back "

Better perspective now ?

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by bukatyne(f): 12:21am On Oct 18, 2014
satope1:

"All those men talk less is wash; if a woman runs her
mouth, run yours "

What does the words in quote infer?

Maybe I should help you inverse it to make it more understandable.

"All those ladies aren't physical is wash; if a man hits you, hit him back "

Better perspective now ?

And it infers that verbal abuse is right?

OK, I hear you

Good morning

1 Like

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by bukatyne(f): 12:24am On Oct 18, 2014
crackhaus:

The fact that it has to be pointed out to her just goes to show it's a trait she's not even in control of, which is why she doesn't realize when she's sounding condescending.

Bukatyne go back to your 'love and marriage/submission' thread. Read your comments over objectively if you need more examples.

Just saw this now

I wondering why you want me to respond to your posts when I sound condescending.

I am trying to spare you bro cheesy
Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by Nobody: 6:48am On Oct 18, 2014
bukatyne:

And it infers that verbal abuse is right?

OK, I hear you

Good morning
Morning. Maybe you explain what it means.

An agbero steals from me, what should I do? Steal back from him? Ain't that a simple acceptance that the act MAY be deemed bad by others but you see it as harmless.

You made many off points statememt in that post. This is just one of it. And its not only you. Most ladies have the same sentiments that verbal abuse is harmless. Here's another lady saying same thing.

There are numerous examples I have seen and most lady see verbal abuse as nagging.

!Wo,men nags
and there is nothing a many can do about it.
Giving a leeway to bad behavior. Ain't it?

The laws that secure the liberty of women today are
solely made because of MEN!You
molest,torture,physically abuse,castrate,subjugate
women with traditions and man made religio.And you
open your mouth to compare the abuse of men to
women

Can you see? So there are two rules for abuse. A tougher one for men while not blinking an eye when its a lady just because ladies feel entitled. What happened to the equal rights fight by feminists?

Intact what will even make a man hit a woman?If she
insult you,insult her back;insult no dey kill,but some
will charge like vvampires!

You echoed same sentiments earlier and this is another from a lady. What does this infer? That verbal insults from a woman should be excused and its not even deemed as bad. When something is not wrong? what is it ? right?

When the general society is ready to clamp down on ladies hard about verbal abuse and would see such actions with disdain maybe just then we would be able to start fighting abuse in relationships. As for now, It would keep happening.

The link to those quotes is from here. There are hundreds of others.

https://www.nairaland.com/1940180/u-think-it-right-man#26992651

4 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by zboyd: 2:30pm On Oct 18, 2014
Only those not familiar with the true effects of verbal abuse consider it harmless or think there is a double standard, favoring women over men.

"Emotional Abuse of Men: Men Victims of Emotional Abuse Too"
Written by Natasha Tracy

"...emotional abuse of men is every bit as unacceptable as emotional abuse of women. Emotional abuse of men is more common than once thought although the exact numbers on its occurrence aren't known due to lack of study. In domestic abuse, about 40% of cases involve violence of women against men. Emotional abuse of men is the same as emotional abuse of women: it is acts, including verbal assault, that make a person feel less self-worth or dignity. Emotional abuse of men makes them feel like less of a person."

Read more at: http://www.healthyplace.com/abuse/emotional-psychological-abuse/emotional-abuse-of-men-men-victims-of-emotional-abuse-too/
Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by crackhaus: 4:14pm On Oct 18, 2014
bukatyne:

Just saw this now

I wondering why you want me to respond to your posts when I sound condescending.

I am trying to spare you bro cheesy
I'm scared.

What is 1Cor 13 about?

2 Likes

Re: Why Don't More Men Speak Up About Violence Against Women? by Twis80(m): 8:59pm On Nov 01, 2014
hmm no be smal tin ooh

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Would You Spy On Your Spouse's Phone? / My Father In Law Slept With My Mother / Parents Let's Discuss; What Are Your Experiences In Child Training

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.