Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,861 members, 7,802,763 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 09:03 PM

Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? (2956 Views)

Before You Buy An Airtel Android Plan... / Finally Airtel Android Data Plans? / ETISALAT's 2 For 1 Promo On Their New Blackberry Plans (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Fashola4thSon: 5:38am On Oct 14, 2014
I spent|recharged N3500 on my airtel Line and dialed the code for 9gb and it is not working. The responds I got was "The Android 1+1 Promo can only be used Once" while I have not used it before. I called their CC and they started to suggest alternative plan to me? Even when I am eligible for the offer!!

Does that means they were not prepared before breaking this news?

Do they really want to scam people's money?

What is the duty of NCC?

I have report this case like 3 times to Airtel rep yet none of them gave me meaningful reasons?

Is this how companies defraud people with lies in the name of promo?
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Nobody: 5:42am On Oct 14, 2014
air theft... okwaya so ya 3500 just move like that
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Fashola4thSon: 5:52am On Oct 14, 2014
donmarvex:
air theft... okwaya so ya 3500 just move like that

I still have the 3500 intact but the code is nowhere working. I have called and called. These people (many other companies ) are taking Nigerians for a fool.

How can a reputable companies talking about error when we have announced a new package?

Why not get everything ready before launching?

This is just unbelievable. People should be careful before getting trapped like me.

Instead, they are now asking me to choose another package. Imagine such scam?
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Fashola4thSon: 7:40am On Oct 14, 2014
Even called them again and these folks refused to resolve the issue.

I wonder how many people that have fall for this trick
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Nobody: 8:09am On Oct 14, 2014
Lol. Even if Airtel data is free,I can't use it.

#teamEtisalat.
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Fashola4thSon: 9:08am On Oct 14, 2014
Yomieluv:
Lol. Even if Airtel data is free,I can't use it.

#teamEtisalat.

These airtel guys are just horrible

1 Like

Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by timbros(m): 9:34am On Oct 14, 2014
Fashola4thSon:

I still have the 3500 intact but the code is nowhere working. I have called and called. These people (many other companies ) are taking Nigerians for a fool.

How can a reputable companies talking about error when we have announced a new package?

Why not get everything ready before launching?

This is just unbelievable. People should be careful before getting trapped like me.

Instead, they are now asking me to choose another package. Imagine such scam?

Bros calm down.

Your 3,500 naira is still intact, right? Why are you screaming scam here and there? What if the zapped your dough and no 9gb? What will you call that?

Be thankful that your money is still intact and adhere to their suggestion of trying another plan. Next time if you want to try a new advertised plan, start from little.

And bros, you are not trapped. You still have your money to do whatever you want.

1 Like

Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Fashola4thSon: 10:26am On Oct 14, 2014
timbros:

Bros calm down.

Your 3,500 naira is still intact, right? Why are you screaming scam here and there? What if the zapped your dough and no 9gb? What will you call that?

Be thankful that your money is still intact and adhere to their suggestion of trying another plan. Next time if you want to try a new advertised plan, start from little.

And bros, you are not trapped. You still have your money to do whatever you want.

Please define scam?

You offer this and end up suggesting I do that. Is that not scam?
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Nobody: 11:03am On Oct 14, 2014
Fashola4thSon:
I spent|recharged N3500 on my airtel Line and dialed the code for 9gb and it is not working. The responds I got was "The Android 1+1 Promo can only be used Once" while I have not used it before. I called their CC and they started to suggest alternative plan to me? Even when I am eligible for the offer!!

Does that means they were not prepared before breaking this news?

Do they really want to scam people's money?

What is the duty of NCC?

I have report this case like 3 times to Airtel rep yet none of them gave me meaningful reasons?

Is this how companies defraud people with lies in the name of promo?
Stop concluding what u don't know!
I just did the 4gb at #2000 and its going fine, normal zapping . Try the 4gb package .

1 Like

Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Itoroetti(m): 11:04am On Oct 14, 2014
Fashola4thSon:

Please define scam?

scam should av been if they had deducted d cash without rendering of service.for now,its not a scam.same thing happened to me and others
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by lovito(f): 11:07am On Oct 14, 2014
I heard it is not meant for everyone. You can only get the 9G if you receive a text msg frm airtel. I was in one of their office wit a frnd yesterday she had a similar problem too. Which code did u use?, maybe i can help you out.
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:07am On Oct 14, 2014
post=27130453:
Stop concluding what u don't know!
I just did the 4gb at #2000 and its going fine, normal zapping . Try the 4gb package .

i do what they sent to me.

do not suggest otherwise

thank
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Johnpaul2k2(m): 11:09am On Oct 14, 2014
Itoroetti:

scam should av been if they had deducted d cash without rendering of service.for now,its not a scam.same thing happened to me and others

lovito:
I heard it is not meant for everyone. You can only get the 9G if you receive a text msg frm airtel. I was in one of their office wit a frnd yesterday she had a similar problem too. Which code did u use?, maybe i can help you out.

i am surprise that our telecom thinks we are foo.ls

you asked me to subscribe 3500 to 9gb for 2 month. i canned their CC and they said my line is eligible. after recharging the language changes
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Fashola4thSon: 11:12am On Oct 14, 2014
Johnpaul2k2:

i am surprise that our telecom thinks we are foo.ls

you asked me to subscribe 3500 to 9gb for 2 month. i canned their CC and they said my line is eligible. after recharging the language changes

Thank you for that. Thought it was only me
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by lawrenceunaa: 11:12am On Oct 14, 2014
My airtel sim de inside bag na only wen cheat show na ehim the sim
The leave that prison undecided

1 Like

Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Nobody: 11:15am On Oct 14, 2014
Johnpaul2k2:

i do what they sent to me.

do not suggest otherwise

thank
k no p.
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by azpekuliar: 11:18am On Oct 14, 2014
@OP,

I think you were supposed to check for your eligibility for the Android data 1+1 data plan in the first place before loading your line. Check by dialing *437*1# for the 4GB plan and *438*1# for the 9GB plan. The plan isn't for every one. I'm not even eligible. It's only for "white-listed" numbers. Whatever that means.

I will soon be porting to the MTN network.
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Fashola4thSon: 11:30am On Oct 14, 2014
I checked and I even called and they confirmed my eligibility and gave me a go ahead order to subscribe!!
azpekuliar:
@OP,
I think you were supposed to check for your eligibility for the Android data 1+1 data plan in the first place before loading your line. Check by dialing *437*1# for the 4GB plan and *438*1# for the 9GB plan. The plan isn't for every one. I'm not even eligible. It's only for "white-listed" numbers. Whatever that means.
I checked and I even called and they confirmed my eligibility and gave me a go ahead order to subscribe!!
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by timbros(m): 11:43am On Oct 14, 2014
Fashola4thSon:

Please define scam?

Dictionary.com defines scam as a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.

Fraud: deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

Swindle: to cheat (a person, business, etc.) out of money or other assets.

My point is: Your money is still with you. So Airtel never scammed, defrauded or swindled you.

2 Likes

Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by azpekuliar: 11:45am On Oct 14, 2014
Fashola4thSon:
I checked and I even called and they confirmed my eligibility and gave me a go ahead order to subscribe!! I checked and I even called and they confirmed my eligibility and gave me a go ahead order to subscribe!!

They must have issues!
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by kene05(m): 12:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
timbros:

Dictionary.com defines scam as a confidence game or other fraudulent scheme, especially for making a quick profit; swindle.

Fraud: deceit, trickery, sharp practice, or breach of confidence, perpetrated for profit or to gain some unfair or dishonest advantage.

Swindle: to cheat (a person, business, etc.) out of money or other assets.

My point is: Your money is still with you. So Airtel never scammed, defrauded or swindled you.

Fine i agree with you it's not directly a scam but in a case the airtel line is strictly for data no calls nothing more, what do you expect him to use the #3500 for? Isn't that complete waste of money?
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Nobody: 12:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
azpekuliar:
@OP,

please do

1 Like

Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Nobody: 12:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
kene05:

Fine i agree with you it's not directly a scam but in a case the airtel line is strictly for data no calls nothing more, what do you expect him to use the #3500 for? Isn't that complete waste of money?
You can use your Airtel line to call all networks @ 12k/sec after 1st 60secs @ 40k/sec. dial *230# to migrate. first migration in a month is free while subsequent migration cost N100. the tariff is called Airtel 2good premier
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by nani667: 12:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
asuustrike1:

You can use your Airtel line to call all networks @ 12k/sec after 1st 60secs @ 40k/sec. dial *230# to migrate. first migration in a month is free while subsequent migration cost N100. the tariff is called Airtel 2good premier

Oshey Airtel agent

1 Like

Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by timbros(m): 1:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
kene05:

There are other plans he can subscribe to. The normal Airtel BIS still works on other devices.

BTW I'm not rooting for Airtel. Don't get me wrong o. I found out that any 1+1 offer from them equals 1+1 data zapping. So I run from anything 1+1 from Airtel or I just make up my mind not to complain on their charging strategy.

What I just want OP to understand is that in his case, Airtel didn't scam him.
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Fashola4thSon: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
asuustrike1:

The problem with people like you.

Paid users. Instead of saying the truth, you end up deceiving yourself. Do I complain of making calls.

What did internet get to do with calls.

Get off the thread if u have nothing reasonable to say.
Re: Airtel Android 1+1 Promo. A Scam Or A Nightmare? by Okaka27(m): 10:53am On Dec 05, 2014
U guys should leave "Airtel alone
Wat has Etisalat and Glo do for you android users??
A least Airtel provides chepa data solutions to we droid users, Etisalat ND Glo are stingy pple
Imagine buying 50mb for 500naira in EtisalatEtisalat undecided

(1) (Reply)

Which Good Android Phone Can I Get Within 24-26k / . / How Can I Transfer data From Android Phone to new Iphone 6s

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.