Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,140,510 members, 7,770,299 topics. Date: Tuesday, 19 March 2024 at 08:50 AM

UNVEILED - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / UNVEILED (7959 Views)

Love and Diamonds / A Game For Love and Marriage - Two Can Play The Game - Season 2 / Razor Tongue: A Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:30am On Oct 14, 2014
Nigerian filmmaker converts his highly anticipated screenplay into this intriguing and compelling novel.

Copyright © 2013 by Leat Studio.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, now known or hereafter invented, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other non-commercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the address below.
lewisatane@gmail.com
Tel-2340108080281656

This is a work of fiction, names, characters, places, incidents, either are the products of the author’s imagination or are used fictitiously, any resemblance to actual persons, living or dead, business establishments, events, or locales is coincidental.
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:37am On Oct 14, 2014
This book is dedicated to almighty GOD and to the memory of my late Dad
John Omozuianfo Atane. [1947-1996]
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:38am On Oct 14, 2014
ACKNOWLEDGMENT
I want to thank my mother, Mrs. Odion Atane, a rare gem among women. To my siblings, cousins, aunts, uncles and friends, I say a big thank you.
I am thankful to Pastor Itua Aihevboloria and every member of Worldlight Christian Centre. Special thanks to Mrs. Mopelola Adeniyi, your input is highly appreciated.
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:40am On Oct 14, 2014
ABOUT THE AUTHOR
Lewis Atane is a Nigerian filmmaker. He has written and produced several short films and T.V series. He is a graduate of the Lagos State University.
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:46am On Oct 14, 2014
Hi everyone, i salute you all. I’m welcoming you all to read this book of mine. Enjoy a different kind of romantic adventure set in Africa!
This book will be updated everyday... all things being equal and by God's grace

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNVEILED by Nobody: 6:47am On Oct 14, 2014
Following
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:49am On Oct 14, 2014
CHAPTER ONE
Mabel Danzo drove through the dusty streets of Uzi Island. It was another chilly November day. Her old, gray Rover car; she inherited from her late parents had clearly seen better days.
The terrible roads on this West African Island made driving one nightmarish experience. Most often, she preferred riding to her work place via the Island’s green painted public buses, but her three- year- old nephew, Dennis, would have none of it. He sat next to her, sucking his thumb. Rebellion outlined on his little squared shoulders. Dennis had kept to himself throughout the entire journey.
Mabel pulled into his school driveway. “Sweetheart, you have to run now,” Mabel began, “I’m running late for work.”
Dennis sat still, sucking his thumb. Mabel let the warmth of her love show through as a smile curled round her lips. She pulled his thumb out of his mouth, tilted up the downcast chin, and pressed a quick kiss on his cheek.
“Dennis is a good boy, eya, eya oh,” Mabel began to sing, hoping this would do the trick, putting the little man in a happy mood. She picked up his water bottle and bag from the back seat. “Dennis is a good boy, eya, eya oh.” She continued, opened her car door and walked over to the passenger’s side where he sat.
“Be a good boy, okay.” She cupped his chin in her palm. “You want your classmates to make jest of you?”
“I don’t want to go to school.” Dennis protested, pulling away from Mabel.
“I thought you told me you liked school?” Mabel prompted. “You told me you would love to be a doctor in the future.”
“I want to be a doctor Momma, but I don’t like school.” Mabel held a smile in check at the vehemence in the little man’s voice. Dennis only began schooling over a week ago.
“You can’t be a doctor, if you don’t go to school.”
“But Momma, please.” Dennis pleaded.
Mabel became overwhelmed with emotions whenever he called her Momma. Dennis was the closet relative she had, he was her nephew and adopted son. Only few people on the Island knew she wasn’t his biological mother.
Who is a child’s mother? She reasoned. She had taken care of the little man since he was three months old. A flash of total recall brought back to life that traumatic moment. It had been three years since her younger sister, Eva, Dennis biological mother died, in that motor accident which also claimed the lives of her parents and Dennis’ father. It was the day of Dennis’ dedication in church, she remembered vividly. Everything had gone well. Everyone overjoyed. Her parents were happy they had lived long enough to hold their first grandchild in their hands. Mabel was happy for her sister.
On the trip home, Mabel rode in another car with a family friend. Her papa, mama, Eva, her brother-in-law and Dennis, rode in the family car. It was a 25 minutes trip back home. The journey was smooth, until they approached a bend on the road. The car veered off the road while avoiding one of the various potholes, somersaulted a number of times before bursting into flames. Dennis was the only survivor.
How she mustered the strength to pull through those periods, she still couldn’t fathom. Thinking now, she feels the innocent child her sister left behind was key in her survival. She couldn't stand watching Dennis suffer. He was her responsibility, her life and she must take care of him.
“Momma, can I go with you?” Dennis repeated, recalling Mabel from her thoughts.
“You can’t go with me Honey.” Mabel carried the little man in her arms, ignoring his protest and stepped towards the school gate. Tears strolled down his cheek. “I will get you biscuits and chocolate when returning from work.” Mabel assured as she wiped his face with a kerchief.
“Momma, will you be coming to pick me up from school today?” Dennis asked.
“I should, Honey.” Mabel began then paused. She knew this wasn’t a possibility. “If I don’t make it, Nanny Gobe will come and pick you.” She added.
Nanny Gobe had been a part of the Danzo’s family for the past twenty years. She was a close confidant of Mabel’s late mother and her trusted hand. Mabel had retained her services after her parent’s death. She was more of a mother figure in her life and had been particularly helpful these past few weeks.
Juggling between her work place and Dennis school was not an easy task. Mabel was FABS magazine editor, a reputable and fast growing media organization ready to take the whole of West Africa by storm. Mabel workload had risen astronomically these past few months. She hardly had time for herself and the little man. She had traveled the length and breadth of the tiny Island, sourcing for contents for FABS. With doubting Thomas’s raising eyebrows when the mantle of editorship fell on her young shoulder, she was determined to proof them wrong.
As the gate flung open, she dropped the little man, kissed him on both cheeks, and watched him join his friends on the playground. They were excited to have Dennis with them. He had grown into a fine, likeable and brilliant lad. Mabel had not fared badly taking care of him and she will continue to be there for him.
She stepped back to her car and yanked the door open. Thick smoke filled the air as she turned on the engine of her Rover. The vehicle had been in terrible shape lately, visiting the mechanics had become more of a daily ritual.
Mabel moved the motor down a dirt road, which was more of a path than a drive. She was pleasantly surprised to see a few strange faces on the Island. The Island was not so large so everyone knew each other. Uzi Island with it wild life reserve was the perfect vacation destination for tourists. The peaceful and serene nature held a huge attraction for people over the West Africa sub region.
Mabel applied the brake, as she exchanged pleasantries with some girls returning from the stream. The young women had on their heads huge pots of water of various sizes with wrappers tied over their breast lines. With the harsh weather and dusty roads leading to the streams, the young women’s feet dabbed in petroleum jelly appeared shinny and clean.
She had admiration for these young women, some of whom are in her age bracket, despite their relative poor exposure and involvement in strenuous daily activities, they don’t miss any opportunity to look pretty. With a number of young, handsome, well-to-do tourists on the Island, the need to look good was of uppermost importance on every single girl’s subconscious mind.
A few young women have had mother luck smile at them. They hit it off with a young rich tourist; quite a number have led to the altar. Mabel had not done much farm work, she could count the number of times she had been to either the farm or streams on a single palm. She belonged to the Uzi middle-class, whatever that meant. Her late dad was an academia, a senior lecturer in the university. Her only companions were her books. She had no time to socialize and mingle with other girls in the neighborhood. These have had an adverse effect on her as a young woman. She was introvert and didn’t have friends outside her work circle.
Re: UNVEILED by JeffreyJamez(m): 7:09am On Oct 14, 2014
*drives in*
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 7:52am On Oct 14, 2014
Check out some of the five star Reviews for UNVEILED from Amazon.com
Absolutely brilliant! The author did quite an excellent job writing such a practical and interesting story. The author made the characters so alive it seemed to me like watching a movie. I hope a movie is made out of the book someday. Highly recommended.
By Aubrey
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 8:00am On Oct 14, 2014
Once you start reading, it’s hard to stop and take a breather because you always want to know what happens next! The lead character was well thought of and expertly executed. I was taken away by the plot and I have just finished reading after about 10 hours of non stop, that's how good it is. Highly recommend it!
By Cesar

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 8:01am On Oct 14, 2014
One of the best books in its genre. Keeps your interest from the beginning to the end. Easy fast reading. Great writing and interesting story. I liked the book!
Dmitry
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 8:02am On Oct 14, 2014
This is a very well written book which captivated me from the beginning to end. I highly recommend this book if you are looking for a compelling story, and looking for a book with great value. This is one of the best romance books I have read in a while.
Jason
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 8:05am On Oct 14, 2014
A gripping mystery novel set in Africa, not only is the plot intriguing but the characters are well developed and really will get you involved in the story. A genuine breath of fresh air from the books I usually read. I recommend.
R.A Forero
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 8:06am On Oct 14, 2014
A thoroughly enjoyable read! I totally love it. This book is very well written and got great plot. I admire the author dedication for writing an incredible story. This story grabs my attention from the very start of the book and couldn't put it aside till I finish it. It was a wonderful read. From me, I will definitely rate this book and the author's hard efforts a 5-STAR. I highly recommend this book to everyone.
Kristin T
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 8:30am On Oct 14, 2014
This was a very enjoyable read. The author is mainly a screenwriter, and the book reminds me in many ways of a good film. The character development is excellent, and the tension keeps mounting and mounting. I could not put this book down.

Just like in a good movie, each character is introduced through an action or series of actions which give us great insight into his or her character traits. We are first introduced to Miss Mabel Danzo, the main protagonist, through the process of watching the way in which she cares for her adopted nephew. I found myself very quickly to be both liking her and to be rooting for her. We get to know her love interest, the mysterious Sean Adeyemo, through a series of both heroic and romantic actions. I won't spoil it for you by telling you who the main villain is, but I can tell you that if you have any conscience at all, you won't like him from the first time that you are introduced to him. His actions firmly establish that he neither a nice nor an honest person.

As the romantic tension mounts between Sean and Mabel, events transpire which further complicate things. The tension mounts beautifully, both in the romantic sense but even more so in general. One of the main characters is in danger, and it is up to the other to use all of their strength and resources to save the others life. I found myself unwilling to put this book down, as I wanted to know how the two would resolve the stumbling blocks before them- in particular, I wanted to know if Mabel would be able to stop an assassin from finishing Sean off.

American/British/Australian readers- this book is written in a Nigerian dialect of English, but I think that you will find that it adds to the authenticity of the story, once you become accustomed to a slightly different flow. I had no trouble following it, and I don't believe that you will either. I found myself twice using google to look up terms with which I was unfamiliar, but this greatly added to the local feel of the story. I could see, hear, and smell the sights and sounds of the city of Lagos, the island of Uzi , and rural Nigeria as they were described to me.

This is a good read with solid character development and both dramatic and romantic tension. Highly recommended.
M.Brown
Re: UNVEILED by Nobody: 8:40am On Oct 14, 2014
Read through the praises for ur novel and i'm impressed. I'd love to read more

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 2:17am On Oct 16, 2014
The dirty path led into a major road, six lanes express. Mabel inched close to her work place. No traffic to fight in hours of boring commuting today, unusual for a Thursday, she reasoned. There was always heavy traffic buildup when the weekends approached, with an expected increase in the number of visitors. At the roundabout, a heavy-duty truck negotiated a turn. Mabel slammed the gas pedal, increasing the speed of her vehicle. In a split second, she had zoomed past the truck leaving huge trail of smoke behind. She glanced at the truck through her rear mirror and smiled at her unusual behavior.
Ordinarily, Mabel was a patient driver. Most often, she would wait patiently as cars made the long turn. However, this morning, she was somewhat uncomfortable with this truck. She couldn’t put a finger on what it was that made her feel that way. It could be the reckless teenager sitting behind the wheels, she concluded. She wouldn’t want to be stuck, spending long hours in traffic.
She pulled into the driveway of FABS Media and leaned back before switching off the engine. “Hope you won’t be giving me any problems today.” Mabel sighed as she took the key out of the ignition. A few more days and she will receive her paycheck. She would call her mechanic to come fix the problem. Mabel was broke; she had exhausted her monthly income before mid-month.
A huge crowd gathered a few meters away from her office watching a local wrestling contest caught her attention. Uzi Island played host to the fiercest wrestling battles in the region. The biggest wrestlers on the continent gathered each year.
Mabel climbed out of her car, standing to her five feet ten inches and straightened out her fitted gray suit. She loved her outfit; she always kept it simple but stylish, always pushing the buttons when it came to the issue of her personal styling. Mabel retrieved her brown leather handbag from the passenger’s side of the car, an exact match for her high heels.
She walked towards FABS Media, a 12-story imposing edifice, situated at the heart of the Ibrahim Sosu way. Pushing her raven black hair away from her face, she glanced at the aluminum glass door and smiled. Straight nose with a high cheekbone, her slender waist curved into a slim rounded hip. Mabel did not need the reflection to tell her she looked beautiful. She stepped into her office; a wide smile flashed her cheek as she waved her colleagues; revealing her winking dimple. Ibrahim Sosu, her publisher had left a message on her answering machine for her to see him as soon as she arrived.
Why the urgency? She thought for a moment. Her shoulders began to relax, her heart racing in a mixture of excitement and anxiety. Mr. Sosu must have been impressed with the quality of her work and decided to reward her with an improved package. Now was the time for that company car to ease off the stress, she reasoned. She wasn’t going to hold anything back, she would cue him in on all the challenges she had encountered in the course of putting this project together.
At a huge black door, which had the inscription, Out of bounds to non- staff. She paused, took a deep breath before turning the door handle. Mabel stepped into the expansive office. Sosu was standing by the window, engrossed with the wrestling match bout downstairs.
“Good morning sir,” She said. “You asked to see me….” She broke off when Sosu lifted a hand, without looking at her and gestured to an empty chair in front of his desk.
She moved to the chair, sat and threw a glance at the smiling face of Jackie Mutari on the front cover of FABS magazine. Her heart flooded with excitement. The journey had been draining, demanding her creative best. Mabel had put everything into FABS. Finally, she was glad it was sitting on Mr. Sosu desk ready to storm the streets.
Mabel took a sweeping glance at the office. Several paintings hung on the wall. One caught Mabel’s attention. It was one of Sosu’s newest collections, an African woman backing her two-month-old child. Sosu was a huge collector of artwork. He has invested in a good number of them. A flag painted in the national colors of Uzi hung on his rectangular mahogany wooden table.
“That is good, boy.” The bulky man clapped, Sosu ran a hand over his thick beards. A crafty businessperson to the bones, he has his hands on a number of money spinning pies on the Island. He just loved making profit. “Nice one.” Sosu added. Mabel knew the comment was not directed at her. He took a few more seconds watching the wrestling matchup and turned to face her.
His hearty smile disappeared as he walked back to his desk. Mabel only started working with Sosu over a year ago, but she knew him well. He grabbed a copy of FABS magazine on the table and flipped through the pages, his mouth thinned narrow.
“Crap,” Sosu growled. “I can’t help falling asleep each time I glance through this piece of rubbish.” Sosu was furious, his voice rising with each syllable. Mabel looked away from his eyes. “You take a good look.” Sosu flung the magazine towards her. The poorly bonded paper flew off in different directions.

1 Share

Re: UNVEILED by Komzzy1(f): 3:04am On Oct 16, 2014
Nice following broda
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 3:30am On Oct 16, 2014
thanks people for the follow. meet Mabel Danzo the main protagonist

1 Like 1 Share

Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 3:35am On Oct 16, 2014
woke up this morning to another FIVE STAR review for unveiled
'm clapping in awe of how brilliant a story this is. I'm no fan of romance. I guess the author had people like me too in mind. I love the story for its originlity in style and flow. A definite enjoyable and re-readable tale set in the giant of Africa, Nigeria.
speaking pen
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 3:46am On Oct 16, 2014
meet SEAN ADEYEMO, multi millionaire businessowner

Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 5:58am On Oct 17, 2014
Mabel spurned around her seat and scooped the paper off the ground, not the reception she anticipated. Her hands shook. She could guess Sosu’s next words, those infamous words.
“Where do we begin?” Sosu shook his head in disgust. “You expect the people to part with their hard-earned money for this piece.” Sosu snarled. “This can’t compete in big cities, not in Lagos, Accra, Freetown, Banjul—you name it.”
Sosu stared at Mabel for several seconds. There was utter silence in the office. “I expected much more from you Miss Danzo. I’m disappointed.” As Mabel opened her mouth to speak, Sosu made an impatient gesture with his hand, shutting her up.
Mabel angled her head, her head clouded. Sosu slid back to his feet. “Jackie Mutari.” He pointed to the female model on the front cover of the magazine. “Who the heck is she?”
Mabel hesitated for a few seconds, “Jackie is a Ghanaian actress and model,” She stammered. “She came second at the first reality television show, Movie Super Legends.” Mabel explained.
“She came second?” Sosu repeated her words, his eyebrow widen. “An unknown quantity, you splashed the face of a wannabe star on the front page of my magazine?” Sosu paused as he stared at her in disgust. “You think Africa will be interested because she exposed a part of that miserable body.”
Mabel shifted uncomfortably on her sit. She doesn’t agree with Sosu’s assertion of Jackie Mutari as an unknown quantity. He couldn’t blame her for his lack of interest in local movies. Everyone on the Island knew Jackie Mutari.
“Sir, Jackie is one of the fastest raising actresses on this side of the planet,” Mabel defended. “She has featured in over ninety Nollywood movies, bagging a few awards in the process. She got a huge fan base in West Africa and a huge presence on social media….”
“Don’t be dumb,” Sosu cuts in. “being popular on social media doesn’t transcend to automatic success in sales.” Sosu stated. “I have being in this business long enough to know that. Does two million dollars mean anything to you?”
“Sir… I… but,” Mabel stammered.
“This is no charity organization, my dear.” Sosu retorted acidly. “Now, I know I made a mistake making you editor of this magazine?” Sosu gritted through his teeth.
It had taken Mabel weeks of intensive deliberation before settling for the Ghanaian as best to gaze the front page of FABS. She had drawn a list of top rated West African celebrities, but Jackie stood out, beautiful, with lots of charm. Having her on the covers of FABS was a sure way of making a grand entry into the competitive market. Mabel had thought.
Mabel met the budding star when she came for a movie shoot on the Island. They spoke at length on her career path and future endeavors. Jackie was humble, which Mabel found intriguing, much unlike the snobbish, ill-mannered woman often portrayed by the media.
“I don’t have problems placing young charming women in positions of responsibility,” Sosu said, recalling Mabel from her thought. “But I have zero tolerance for incompetence.” Sosu stared out of the window, hands crossed above his protruding stomach. “What do we do with you, Miss Danzo?”
Mabel ran a hand nervously over her hair, prepared for the worst. One thing looked likely. She would have to dust her resume again, knocking on doors of offices for employment.
“You were quite efficient as a reporter. That was why I hired you in the first instance.” Sosu stared at her for several minutes. “You think you can handle this?” Sosu asked gruffly, Mabel nodded a positive gesture. “For long periods I thought we might have just shot ourselves on the foot, promoting you to a level of incompetence,” Sosu paused.
“I am giving you another chance to redeem yourself.”
“Thank you, sir.” Mabel muttered. “I promise not to disappoint you this time.”
“I want an overhaul.” Sosu observed Mabel for a moment, “Let me cue you in on what I am all about.” Sosu walked back to his desk. He punched the keys of his laptop and turned the screen towards Mabel.
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:07am On Oct 17, 2014
UNVEILED is a screenplay converted into a novel. i want to say a big thank you to TATE PUBLISHING for accepting to publish my manuscript. UNVEILED should be in cinemas around the world next year God willing
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:24am On Oct 17, 2014
this work is open to criticisms.

1 Like

Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:48am On Oct 17, 2014
UNVEILED available on OKADABOOKS
Re: UNVEILED by Nobody: 7:37am On Oct 17, 2014
Very interesting
Re: UNVEILED by Emzypaz(m): 9:07am On Oct 17, 2014
Good morning my country people.
I am here on an errand from the kings and queens of the literature section. We have decided to organise an interview once in a week(writers and readers inclusive)
Do you want to know more about your writer? Go into that thread and nominate your favourite writer to be interviewed.
*Nomination kicks off from now till 5pm.
NB: Everybody is free to ask question when the interview is on.
The link to the thread is....https://www.nairaland.com/1952165/weekly-interview-thread-subsidiary-dammysammytv#27213088
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:09am On Oct 19, 2014
Jennimma:
Very interesting
thanks, it gets more interesting from here
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:19am On Oct 19, 2014
Komzzy1:
Nice following broda
thanks for the follow
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:22am On Oct 19, 2014
“I want an overhaul.” Sosu observed Mabel for a moment, “Let me cue you in on what I am all about.” Sosu walked back to his desk. He punched the keys of his laptop and turned the screen towards Mabel.
The smiling image of Demuju, multi-talented, masked Afro-beat singer and instrumentalist came on screen. Donning multicolored fabrics, his gap tooth and thick black eyelashes were conspicuous on the mask. A saxophone dangled over his neck.
Mabel stared at the image in front of her for a moment. Demuju needed no introduction. She knew the big Nigerian singer and Africa’s most sought after artist well. Demuju, a two times Grammy nominee and five Africa premier awards winner.
Mabel wasn’t a fan of the masked singer. She wasn’t crazy about Demuju’s music, as every die-hard fan of his. Mabel had her reservation. She couldn’t place a finger on it for a long time, until this moment. It just dawned on her. It had to do with the mask, yes the mask it was. She loved connecting with her music idols. With Demuju it was different, the mask was a barrier. She had superstitious feeling of masquerades been diabolic. Demuju had this mystical air round him.
She never loved masquerade wearing singers and performers even as a teenager growing up on the tiny Island. She detested masquerades. While in high school, they had chased her and other frightened pupils, through the street several times, on their way from school.
Despite the language barrier, Demuju was by a mile the biggest, and most sought after artist in Uzi and the rest of Africa.
“They don’t come any bigger.” Sosu continued. “Publishers' delight, he should be gazing the covers of a serious magazine. I had the rare privilege of watching him on stage in Lagos a few months ago. He was awesome, gave a good account of himself, good value for money.” Sosu leaned forward, his elbow rested on the desk, his finger clasped together.
Mabel could not agree less with Sosu. Demuju had a cult followership. A short piece on Demuju was a guaranteed sellout. The people are obsessed with his music.
“Demuju will be life on stage, at the independence day celebrations in a forth night.” Sosu cut into her thoughts. “We don’t have time on our side. You will leave for Lagos tomorrow.”
Mabel nodded a positive gesture. Sosu was magnanimous enough to grant her a second chance. She wouldn’t want to make him angry by raising any form of objection. “That would be it for now.” Sosu said, as he gestured with a finger towards the door. Mabel walked out of the office, her head flooded with thoughts. She shut the door behind her and leaned back for several moments, her mind full with activities and plans. The reality of the task ahead hit her.
Lagos isn’t a city Mabel is thrilled visiting. She has heard several terrible stories about it, and to compound her misery; she is faced with the frighten prospect of a few days in the notorious Epic- the event center Demuju performs every week. Mabel shook with a nauseating shudder as recent images of corpse found around the Epic site came up in her mind. She had heard countless stories of the Epic, the heart of all criminal activities. The event center was always in the news for the wrong reasons- hard drugs, prostitution, cultism, touts, criminals, kidnappers, pickpockets… It was a favorite spot for hardened criminals. A trip to the Epic was equivalent to a journey to hell.
There was no way she would spend a second at the Epic. Mabel has had it to the hilt. She could always get another job, a better job with her degree. She flirted with the idea of walking back to Sosu’s office and turn in her resignation. No one will blame her for not putting in her best, she reasoned.
Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:40am On Oct 19, 2014
Nigerian filmmaker converts his highly anticipated screenplay into this compelling and intriguing novel

SYNOPSIS
FABS magazine will hit newsstands in a forth night. Editor, Mabel Danzo must travel to Lagos for an appointment with masked, mystical singer Demuju at the notorious and dangerous Epic. A chance meeting with the handsome, unassuming entrepreneur Sean Adeyemo, and the pair quickly became inseparable. With time running out, Mabel enlist the help of her new friend Sean to help facilitate the interview with Demuju. Mabel is stunned. The elusive singer has always been within touching distance.

Copyright © 2013 by Leat Studio.
All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, now known or hereafter invented, without the prior written permission of the publisher, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other non-commercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, write to the publisher, addressed “Attention: Permissions Coordinator,” at the address below.
lewisatane@gmail.com

Re: UNVEILED by leatfabiano3681(m): 6:44am On Oct 19, 2014
CHAPTER TWO
Mabel loves to work, which has become an effective cover up for the absence of romance in her life; or rather to get over a failed relationship. Her mind went back in retrospect to Andrew. She remembered the first time they met at the movie awards night. That was over two years ago. He was there as the editor of his magazine and she was a fresher at the entertainment and fashion media company she was with then.
That was the first time a man would sweep her off her feet. Throughout the entire length of the program, his eyes kept flickering to her. She was about to slip out of the hall without been noticed when she felt a tap on her shoulder. Turning abruptly, she found herself facing the most striking and compelling masculine face she had ever seen. She couldn’t help but notice the impeccable cut of his suit, the chiseled look and the sleek muscles which the clothing could not hide. In that same instant, he looked up, and she hastily looked away and brushed past him indifferently.
"Hello, my name is Andrew Smart of Forum magazine. I am pleased to make my acquaintance of you." His hands stretched towards her for a handshake.
She did not know she was staring, until he coughed. She looked away, embarrassed, kicking herself for losing control in front of the guy. His amused smile brought some color of embarrassment to her flushed cheeks.
"I am Mabel," she responded, a thin smile on her lips.
From that moment, they became hooked to each other and inseparable. It was a dream come through and life finally became blissful. The two of them were an item in town as they were usually seen arms entangled, completely into each other in a world of their own.
The love story lasted for a year until her discovery that he was married.
She remembered vividly how it happened.
They went for the year-end dinner party organized by one of the media groups in the entertainment industry. About an hour into the party, someone shouted greetings behind them.
"Andrew, long time, how do you do?" They hugged and exchanged greetings.
"I am good John, how are you too, it has been three years isn’t it?"
"Yea, up to that I guess. What of madam and the little one, or has there been another addition to the family?" John asked as his eyes lingered on Mabel in curiosity.
Mabel’s blood ran cold. She couldn’t be hearing right. Mabel had to pinch herself several times to be sure it was not a dream. She looked at Andrew. Their eyes met. John seemed oblivious to the tension around him as he chatted non-stop.
She looked at her shaky fingers and calmly rose to her feet. She politely excused herself from the gathering and made her way to the lift. Footsteps rang behind her and a hand touched her shoulders.
"I am sorry you got to know I am married through a stranger. I wanted to tell you several times in the past few months, but I was afraid to lose you. You were the best thing that has happened to me in a long time, I didn’t want you to leave me." Andrew pleaded.
"If you didn’t tell me for the past one year since we have been together, when would you have told me?" Her voice trembled. She squeezed her eyes shut, trying to hold back the tears that was threatening to gush out of her being.
"I wanted to…."
The lift doors opened, and she walked briskly away from him, holding herself back from screaming at him to back away from her. He followed her into the lift and held her gaze, his heart in his eyes.
"Hold it." Someone shouted just before the door closed. Andrew reached out, slipped his hands between the doors and forcefully pulled them apart.
"Thanks Man." A middle-aged gentleman in blue brocade entered, and gave her a curt nod.
"Count it as nothing. Are you leaving the party?"
"Yes, my wife is recuperating from an illness."
"I am sorry about that." Andrew replied. Calm as the sea; no evidence of the turmoil raging within.
Mabel closed her eyes. She wished she could shut her ears to the idle conversation going on around her. Oh God, I can't wait to get out of the lift and away from Andrew forever. She thought, and held back a cry that was about to escape from her lips.
She counted as the lighted numbers on the lift wall finally reached three, two and one. The doors opened, and she almost pushed down the middle-aged man in her haste to get away from Andrew.
"I am sorry, please I am sorry." She paused for a second and quickened her steps, desperate to get out of Andrew's reach.
"I have no excuse, please let me explain." He frantically followed her on the lighted street.
"There is nothing to explain, you know I will never date a married man, please go." She hailed down a taxi driver.
"No, I would drop you home, I brought you here, and it is my responsibility to take you back home; more so it is late." He pleaded with her.
"Your responsibility towards me ended twenty minutes ago. I will find my way home; go home to your wife and kids." She shouted at him in anger.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Love At First Lie / LOVE AND MARIJUANA (The Complete Novel) / His Will, My Will

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 98
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.