Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,768 members, 7,806,115 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 11:39 AM

Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. (2355 Views)

Top Civil Servants May Be Fired For Sabotaging President Buhari’s Budget / How NIPC Boss Was Fired For Embarrassing Jonathan On $20bn Tax Waiver - Thecable / Two Police Officers Fired For A Kiss (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 9:31am On Oct 14, 2014
When is it OK to kiss a colleague? Two Tanzanian
police officers, whose kiss was widely shared on
social media, have prompted a discussion about
just that - and both have also lost their jobs.
A relationship with a colleague can throw up any
number of complications, but the two young police
officers in the picture may not have thought it
would end their careers. The photograph - taken in
Kagera, north west Tanzania - shows the pair
kissing whilst dressed in their work uniforms, and
was considered grounds for dismissal. Residents
of the country have taken to social media to voice
their dismay.
The image was uploaded to the internet by a third
officer, who also took the photo, and drawn to the
attention of the authorities at the Kagera police
force. Henry Mwaibambe, the regional police
commander, spoke to the BBC about the steps
taken, and defends his department's decision. "We
followed all disciplinary procedures to make sure
that they were given a chance to defend
themselves," he says. "The officer looking at the
case was convinced there was compelling
evidence against them, and that they had breached
police code of conduct. That's why they lost their
jobs." In this case it wasn't the kiss itself that led
to their dismissal, but the fact that that it happened
in public, whilst in uniform, and was subsequently
posted online. Indeed, the officer behind the
camera also lost his job over the incident.
The story was picked up by the local press last
week, and news of the punishment has surprised
many on social media. Most believed the response
was disproportionate. "They should have been
reprimanded, sacking them is extreme, huuh!"
posted one on Facebook . "I once saw a pic of
former US President the late Reagan kissing his
wife in the Oval Office... and nobody called for his
impeachment," said another. "Police couple
kissing taken more serious than bribery," wrote a
third on Twitter.
Masoud George, a lawyer at the Tanzania Legal and
Human Rights Center says that as severe as the
punishment seems, the decision is unlikely to be
illegal. "It is according to their code of conduct, so
from a legal point of view we can't say their
dismissal was unfair," he tells the BBC.
http://m.bbc.com/news/blogs-trending-29599723?ocid=socialflow_facebook#

Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by eightsin(m): 9:37am On Oct 14, 2014
Incase

It's not enuf reason to fire them na. Nawa o

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 9:38am On Oct 14, 2014
Hehehe,...they look like two school kids grin

3 Likes

Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 9:39am On Oct 14, 2014
Kissing on duty...
I luv the hips of the lady...

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 9:41am On Oct 14, 2014
I go with them being reprimanded, but firing is just too harsh.
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by ggrin(f): 9:46am On Oct 14, 2014
undecided
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Descartes: 9:50am On Oct 14, 2014
undecided
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:55am On Oct 14, 2014
How do people book space without writing even A?
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 10:36am On Oct 14, 2014
baccaspace:
Kissing on duty...
I luv the hips of the lady...
na hips ur eye see! You funny.

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by mainheart(m): 10:46am On Oct 14, 2014
enough kissing now
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by asandigbo(f): 10:56am On Oct 14, 2014
Na wah 4 love on uniform abi na love in Zimbabwe. grin
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by politricks: 11:18am On Oct 14, 2014
Them no fit wait enter room
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by candidbabe(f): 11:29am On Oct 14, 2014
grin grin grin grin
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by pablus: 12:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
enjoying life o lol...suspend them for a while, but no need to fire (sack) them. nice shape on the woman. the man looks like a yellow fever/traffic cop.
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 12:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
franciskaine:
na hips ur eye see! You funny.
Men e make sense o
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by slimming: 1:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
Life is good now, let enjoy it while its last.
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by alexis007(m): 1:22pm On Oct 14, 2014
they should be stripped unclad and beaten....what if armed robbers were rocking a street nearby?....don't tell me they'd have reacted to it positively...'cause my 2 eyes wey i use look dem so tell my brain say na only ORG.ASM dey dia mind....firing was milder,if you ask me.....did this take place yesterday?...#ConsequenceOfNoBraDay aka boobs-cancer-awareness event
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 1:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
.....And I kiss this boggie nurse everyday. that girl lips tastes like fresh and succulent berries.
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Waspy(m): 2:02pm On Oct 14, 2014
Kiss of Life....Love is wicked
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 2:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
The dismissal is a laudable one.

A breach of the codes of conduct shouldnt be taking lightly lest the forcr or organisation deteriorate to some laughable and perpently ridiculus extent.
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by blexxonmak(m): 2:30pm On Oct 14, 2014
Inasmuch I don't have sympathy for indiscipline,I think the case was appallingly handled.The should have been suspended
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 2:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
Dis your style of space booking sef na classic edition. cheesy

U suppose be Nairaland leader cheesy
mkpakanaodogwu:
How do people book space without writing even A?

1 Like

Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by elspycey(m): 3:12pm On Oct 14, 2014
Make dem come naija come see film na...
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by StealthyMe(m): 6:03pm On Oct 14, 2014
That's harsh...
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by mkpakanaodogwu(m): 9:18pm On Oct 14, 2014
WoodcrestMayor:
Dis your style of space booking sef na classic edition. cheesy

U suppose be Nairaland leader cheesy
mayor i am loyal sir
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by WoodcrestMayor(m): 9:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
Hehehegrin

Odogwu cool
mkpakanaodogwu:
mayor i am loyal sir
Re: Police Officers Fired For Kissing In Public. by Nobody: 9:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
I'm sure it is photoshopped angry angry angry angry

(1) (Reply)

Baba Please Forgive My People / Reasons Why Aisha Buhari Can Afford 10,000000 Naira Wrist Watch / People Of Kwara Reject Bukola Saraki As The Senate President.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.