Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,519 members, 7,808,892 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:49 PM

Horrible Experience With GT Bank - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Horrible Experience With GT Bank (850 Views)

Funny PHCN Photos (share Your Experience With Them) / My Horrible Experience In The Hand Of Inspired Autos. (RESOLVED) / My Experience With A Native Doctor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Horrible Experience With GT Bank by Quizical(m): 4:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
I opened an account with GT Bank since July at Murtala Mohammed way Branch Kano and to my dismay, a wrong branch was captured and my Master Card was taken to Murtala Mohammed Square Branch in Kaduna and all efforts by me to get my card returned has not yielded any result to enable me pick it up.
I wish to express my dissatisfaction over this.
How can my account be debited and the service to which this was done,am yet to enjoy it?
This is OVER THREE MONTHS NOW!
And it leaves a bad impression upon GT Bank as a brand.
Re: Horrible Experience With GT Bank by adanduka: 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
Have you complained at any GTB branch? What did they say?
Re: Horrible Experience With GT Bank by Quizical(m): 5:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
adanduka:
Have you complained at any GTB branch? What did they say?

I have been to two branches in kano and have written several mails to thier help desk and even called GT Connect.
Till now as we speak no positive response out of thisSO I DECIDE TO CRY OUT LOUD FOR HELP!
Re: Horrible Experience With GT Bank by adanduka: 8:13am On Oct 15, 2014
Quizical:

I have been to two branches in kano and have written several mails to thier help desk and even called GT Connect.
Till now as we speak no positive response out of thisSO I DECIDE TO CRY OUT LOUD FOR HELP!

Well, it is good to use a platform as this but it may not give you desired results.
When I had a bank issue recently I exhausted all avenues including speaking and tabling the issue to a branch manager I tried their head office via mails giving them details and dates of the issue, response so far and the bank staff involved without sounding angry but disappointed; and the issue was taken up by the head office till it was resolved.
Issuing of MasterCard is done in minutes in banks these days so I wonder why this issue should come up in the first place.
I'll advise you check their website and look for their Head Office email address and phone number and complain intelligently.

P.S- You still didn't say what they told you. You should use those things to build up your complaints.
E.g: Did they day, we'll get to the Kaduna branch?
Or My dear, you have to apply for another one?
Re: Horrible Experience With GT Bank by Quizical(m): 9:12am On Oct 15, 2014
adanduka:

Well, it is good to use a platform as this but it may not give you desired results.
When I had a bank issue recently I exhausted all avenues including speaking and tabling the issue to a branch manager I tried their head office via mails giving them details and dates of the issue, response so far and the bank staff involved without sounding angry but disappointed; and the issue was taken up by the head office till it was resolved.
Issuing of MasterCard is done in minutes in banks these days so I wonder why this issue should come up in the first place.
I'll advise you check their website and look for their Head Office email address and phone number and complain intelligently.
P.S- You still didn't say what they told you. You should use those things to build up your complaints.
E.g: Did they day, we'll get to the Kaduna branch?
Or My dear, you have to apply for another one?

I really appreciate your concerns.
As mentioned by you,i have done all the needful and nothing is forth coming from their ends.
Like i said, my account opening process was initiated at the branch in kano and not kaduna.
It was from them that my account was captured and open as a Kaduna account.
And when i raise the alarm,they advice i fill out a card transfer form which i did and a service request tracking number was even given to me and as we speak,all efforts still prove abortive.
The issue of filling out a new request can only be arrived at if they are the ones to bear the cost implication.
I cant afford to be charged for a service not rendered.
Since the fault is not mine,they should own up responsibility.
Re: Horrible Experience With GT Bank by adanduka: 9:42am On Oct 15, 2014
Quizical:

I really appreciate your concerns.
As mentioned by you,i have done all the needful and nothing is forth coming from their ends.
Like i said, my account opening process was initiated at the branch in kano and not kaduna.
It was from them that my account was captured and open as a Kaduna account.
And when i raise the alarm,they advice i fill out a card transfer form which i did and a service request tracking number was even given to me and as we speak,all efforts still prove abortive.
The issue of filling out a new request can only be arrived at if they are the ones to bear the cost implication.
I cant afford to be charged for a service not rendered.
Since the fault is not mine,they should own up responsibility.

Write a detailed mail to complaints @gtbank .com telling them how dissatisfied you are with their response and action to a customer issue. Give details of the branch response or inaction so far and request for a better response.
Add your phone number.
They will call you back.

We are entitled to the services we request and pay for.
If they debited your account then they should give you corresponding service.
Continue to bother them. Some of them even respond when you shout in their branch. But it should never get to that stage.
Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Horrible Experience With GT Bank by Nobody: 9:46am On Oct 15, 2014
Is that what you call horrible?

They are trying to save you from Boko boys,abi you no know say their headquatre na Kano

(1) (Reply)

Nairalanders/mods...wah Did I Do? / Am About To Order Some Clothes From Aliexpress,are They Real? / Drive And Earn In Uae!!!(dubai & Abu Dhabi)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.