Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,305 members, 7,808,037 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 04:59 AM

How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? - Romance - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? (13493 Views)

Sex During Menstrual Period: Is It Safe? / How To Greet Your Girl During Her Menstrual Period / Top 10 Signs A Woman Is In Her Menstrual Period! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Sermwell(m): 4:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
My girlfriend always wants me to be around her during her monthly menstrual period due to the pains she goes through. I only find myself saying 'sorry' to her when she is in pains. Pls, is there anything more I can do? What are even the causes of menstrual pains? What are the possible solutions to this pains?....pls mature and sensible advice. Thanks!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by derrick333(m): 5:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
Console ha wen she in pain,reasons for d pain NA gynecologist fit Tel u dat 1, but stroll wit ha to buy pad or beta stil go get d pad ursef 4ha,cook n try n wash ha menstrual fluid ,undis ,omo after d period u go bleep NA u go tire

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Nobody: 5:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
Usually it goes away with first preagnancy. She as well can use very weak contraceptive pill. For me it helped. Used to faint from pain

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Nobody: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
She should use drugs.
And watch the way she takes sugary things. Cus it causes pain a lot.
She should also try and drink warm water, it tries to help the flow easy.
And ermmm......

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by chimerase2: 5:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
Give her hot lipton tea with lemon
She could be ok
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Nobody: 5:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
Lemon itself is very good because it contracts blood vessels and periods r much easier

1 Like

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Sermwell(m): 5:25pm On Oct 14, 2014
voodoo85:
Usually it goes away with first preagnancy. She as well can use very weak contraceptive pill. For me it helped. Used to faint from pain
Thanks a lot! But errrm dunno if those contraceptives will yield desired result like in your own case. I'm also considering if there are side effect.
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Nobody: 5:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sermwell:

Thanks a lot! But errrm dunno if those contraceptives will yield desired result like in your own case. I'm also considering if there are side effect.
Well for me it did. Plus me and my husband, than bf, didn't want to use anything, so pill was a solution. She needs to talk with doctor before any pills anyway, because there could be complications with general health (thrombosis etc). Usually it takes 3-6 months to re-establish fertility.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Juliaann(f): 5:34pm On Oct 14, 2014
I think I know the cause of the pains

you guy had sex 4/5 days before her mentrual cycle starts
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by mirexxx(f): 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
a good waist massage will do. or soak a towel in warm water,squeeze n use it to press her lower abdomen

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Sermwell(m): 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
undecided
derrick333:
Console ha wen she in pain,reasons for d pain NA gynecologist fit Tel u dat 1, but stroll wit ha to buy pad or beta stil go get d pad ursef 4ha,cook n try n wash ha menstrual fluid ,undis ,omo after d period u go bleep NA u go tire
undecided
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by folameme(f): 5:38pm On Oct 14, 2014
kulkatty:
She should use drugs.
And watch the way she takes sugary things. Cus it causes pain a lot.
She should also try and drink warm water, it tries to help the flow easy.
And ermmm......
Hmmmmm,babe i don't take sugary things oooo,buh every first day of ma period ehn,omg,its always as if I'm abt knocking on heaven's door. I stool,vomit,cry,roll on d bed/ground even wif d pills i do use oooo!at times i take injection still for that whole day i won't get myself buh recently mumsy got me one herbal drink like that and it was cool.

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by free2ryhme: 5:41pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sermwell:
My girlfriend always wants me to be around her during her monthly mestrual period due to the pains she goes through. I only find myself saying 'sorry' to her when she is in pains. Pls, is there anything more I can do? What are even the causes of mestrual pains? What are the possible solutions to this pains?....pls mature and sensible advice. Thanks!

Painful menstruation, also known as dysmenorrhea is what she is suffering from

Since an excess of prostaglandins in the lining of the uterus seems to be one of the major causes of dysmenorrhea, any medication that reduces the amount of prostaglandins will be helpful in relieving the pain. Aspirin, for example, reduces prostaglandin production slightly, and some women do in fact get relief by taking aspirin during their monthly period.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Sermwell(m): 5:43pm On Oct 14, 2014
mirexxx:
a good waist massage will do. or soak a towel in warm water,squeeze n use it to press her lower abdomen
Hmmm...sounds more like a very good first aid cool and romantic too grin
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by mirexxx(f): 5:46pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sermwell:

Hmmm...sounds more like a very good first aid cool and romantic too grin
lol yea
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Sermwell(m): 5:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
free2ryhme:

Painful menstruation, also known as dysmenorrhea is what she is suffering from

Since an excess of prostaglandins in the lining of the uterus seems to be one of the major causes of dysmenorrhea, any medication that reduces the amount of prostaglandins will be helpful in relieving the pain. Aspirin, for example, reduces prostaglandin production slightly, and some women do in fact get relief by taking aspirin during their monthly period.
Huh?...is it an ailment?
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by free2ryhme: 5:54pm On Oct 14, 2014
Sermwell:

Huh?...is it an ailment?

The pain of dysmenorrhea is crampy and usually located in lower abdomen above the pubic bone (the suprapubic region); some women also have severe pain in the back or thighs. The pain usually begins just before or as menstrual bleeding begins, and gradually diminishes over one to three days. Pain usually occurs intermittently, ranging from mild to disabling.

Other symptoms that may accompany cramping include nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, headache, or a flu-like feeling.
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Sermwell(m): 6:01pm On Oct 14, 2014
free2ryhme:

The pain of dysmenorrhea is crampy and usually located in lower abdomen above the pubic bone (the suprapubic region); some women also have severe pain in the back or thighs. The pain usually begins just before or as menstrual bleeding begins, and gradually diminishes over one to three days. Pain usually occurs intermittently, ranging from mild to disabling.

Other symptoms that may accompany cramping include nausea, diarrhea, dizziness, fatigue, headache, or a flu-like feeling.
Nice. Thanks!
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by luvlyqueen(f): 6:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
folameme:
Hmmmmm,babe i don't take sugary things oooo,buh every first day of ma period ehn,omg,its always as if I'm abt knocking on heaven's door. I stool,vomit,cry,roll on d bed/ground even wif d pills i do use oooo!at times i take injection still for that whole day i won't get myself buh recently mumsy got me one herbal drink like that and it was cool.
plssss does d herbal drink hv a name?
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by farano(f): 6:52pm On Oct 14, 2014
folameme:
hmm Pele

Tag kingtom cool
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
who told me to open this thread? cry how I hate period and menstrual discussion....some guys are even giving advice...una well done

2 Likes

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by luvlyqueen(f): 6:57pm On Oct 14, 2014
i was told dat during every monthly cycle all d blood dosnt flow out,some blood particles solidifies in d tummy thereby making it difficult for d blood to flow normally.But this should help her somehow wen ever she wants to take her bath,she should boil water, not vry hot pour it into a bucket then she should sit on d bucket, d vapour frm d hot water goes in through her vagina and dissolve d dos blood particles dat was left doing frm d previous month dis will make her flows normal and wont cause d menstral cramps,dat thing can frasturate a lady

1 Like

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Sermwell(m): 7:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
farano:
hmm Pele

Tag kingtom cool
What is pele?? Suggest solutions jare!
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by xynerise: 7:26pm On Oct 14, 2014
This should be in Health section
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by KingTom(m): 7:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
farano:
hmm Pele

Tag kingtom cool
Abeg If I offend you sorry, no dey carry me come this place na grin
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Baddo101(m): 7:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
luvlyqueen:
i was told dat during every monthly cycle all d blood dosnt flow out,some blood particles solidifies in d tummy thereby making it difficult for d blood to flow normally.But this should help her somehow wen ever she wants to take her bath,she should boil water, not vry hot pour it into a bucket then she should sit on d bucket, d vapour frm d hot water goes in through her vagina and dissolve d dos blood particles dat was left doing frm d previous month dis will make her flows normal and wont cause d menstral cramps,dat thing can frasturate a lady
chei. woman don suffer but maka why??

1 Like

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Henrypraise: 8:00pm On Oct 14, 2014
D question d op asked has not bin answered by most of d ladies, we don't wanna knw how painful ur kini is, wat he asked is how do u expect us to cope wit d tantrums dat cums wit ur period? One minute u want to eat suya, d oda minute is shawama, d oda minute is peppersoup, how do u want us to cope? Wat do u pple want from us dat period of ur period?

4 me I spend d whole evenin wit my friends anytym she is on her period, den wen I get home, I sleep in da couch, first tin in da mornin, m outa d huz 4 d next five days. (Jokin o)

1 Like

Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by luvlyqueen(f): 8:11pm On Oct 14, 2014
Baddo101:

chei. woman don suffer but maka why??
hmmmmmmmmmmmm
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by luvlyqueen(f): 8:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
Henrypraise:
D question d op asked has not bin answered by most of d ladies, we don't wanna knw how painful ur kini is, wat he asked is how do u expect us to cope wit d tantrums dat cums wit ur period? One minute u want to eat suya, d oda minute is shawama, d oda minute is peppersoup, how do u want us to cope? Wat do u pple want from us dat period of ur period?

4 me I spend d whole evenin wit my friends anytym she is on her period, den wen I get home, I sleep in da couch, first tin in da mornin, m outa d huz 4 d next five days. (Jokin o)
imagine
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Nobody: 8:14pm On Oct 14, 2014
She should take two(2) tablets of Buscopan and one(1) tablet of Felvin. Dazall..
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by Henrypraise: 8:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
luvlyqueen:

imagine

Imagine wat? Wat do u pple want from us during d period of ur period?
Re: How Do I Attend To My Girlfriend During Her Menstrual Period?? by luvlyqueen(f): 8:19pm On Oct 14, 2014
Henrypraise:

Imagine wat? Wat do u pple want from us during d period of ur period?
do u hv a grlfriend

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mixed Messages In Relationships / I Hate Seeing Her On Nairaland! / What Are The Things You Do That Kept Your Relationship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.