Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,047 members, 7,799,547 topics. Date: Wednesday, 17 April 2024 at 12:39 AM

Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN - Education (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN (27243 Views)

Alaafin Of Oyo Is The Chancellor Of University Of Maiduguri / See What They Did To A Graduating Student Of UNIBEN Today(photo) / The Release Of Uniben Post-ume Result (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by doofanc: 8:42pm On Oct 15, 2014
hotice01:

Before the last VC, an Igbo man (Prof.Nwanze).There was no meaningful development. can an Edo man be the VC in IMSU?

totally NOT true. much of improvements, at least structure-wise began during the tenure of Anao. I vividly recall how beautiful uniben used to be then.

Nwanze's major achievement was the introduction of ICT and its use in admission, accommodation, result checking etc. uniben was one of the very first uni to use it.
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by Nobody: 8:46pm On Oct 15, 2014
Emasel:
UNIBEN has been turned to a "Bini" School.

SMH...

I just hope this does not bring down the standards of our great school.

75% of non-academic staff of the University of Benin are Binis and now,this has been extended to academic staff recruitment and selection.

Some of my colleagues who made First Class and applied for Graduate Assistant were denied,rather a bini boy with a 2.1 was taken as Graduate assistant,that goes to show the level of discrimination and nepotism in the University of Benin. This is just one of many cases....

Talk about admission of new students via Post UTME and DE,UNIBEN was once notable for admitting students based on Merit,but since the era of the last VC(a Bini man),such standards has been compromised.

I recall when me and my friends were admitted into UNIBEN in 2007,all we did was write our Post UME and by virtue of us beating the cut-off marks for our choice courses,we all got admitted into our chosen disciplines without any LONG-LEG or CONNECTION whatsoever. I'm afraid,that trend has changed over the years with UNIBEN now being politicized and dominated by some corrupt "Binis".

The University is an academic institution,although some level of internal politics cannot be taken away from it,but I believe academic excellence should be top priority,and with the way our amiable institution" The University of Benin" is going,I fear the high academic standards once associated with this great school will drop in no distant time.

Pls Manage this "K" for ur stress

1 Like

Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by Solozzo(m): 9:17pm On Oct 15, 2014
I'm disappointed in Nairalanders clamouring for only bini VCs in UNIBEN. That's tribalism: it is a federal Uni and any qualified prof stands a chance. Best VC in Uniben has been prof Adamu Baike, a northerner. Edos can only lay claim to AAUni, Ekpoma.
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by Solozzo(m): 9:35pm On Oct 15, 2014
hotice01:

Before the last VC, an Igbo man (Prof.Nwanze).There was no meaningful development. can an Edo man be the VC in IMSU?

IMSU is a state Uni. UNIBEN is a federal Uni. Get it?
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by Obiwannn: 9:39pm On Oct 15, 2014
hauwababy:
The new Vice Chancellor of the University of Benin (UNIBEN) is Prof. OSASERE ORUMWENSE. Prof ORUMWENSE who hails from the Bini speaking tribe of Edo State was a lecturer in the Mechanical Engineering department of the school and was also the admission officer of the school in 2001. He was later appointed the Rector of Institute of Technology and Management (IMT), Usen,Edo State. He was also the dean , Faculty of Engineering, UNIBEN.

He takes over from Prof. Oshodi who served excellently well and is also a Benin man.

http://www.yeoal.com/2014/10/yeoal-exclusive-professor-osasere.html

Engineering is representing!!!

1 Like

Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by texazzpete(m): 9:50pm On Oct 15, 2014
asuustrike1:

if it is on merit as you claim, why are other tribes deprived even though they are more qualified.

Why do the likes of you assail me in this forum?!

I suggest you re-read my post again when you sober up.
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by Nobody: 10:15pm On Oct 15, 2014
texazzpete:

Why do the likes of you assail me in this forum?!

I suggest you re-read my post again when you sober up.
it's the plain truth. if you visit most the federal university you will discover that they are headed by either hausa, igbo or yoruba but when the a minority who is more qualified tries to get there, they say federal character. have you not wonder why university of Lagos admit more of yorubas especially when they release school cut off mark for utme admission. if it's based on merit then unilag should scrap that quota that says Lagos 54.1,osun 44.6 bla bla e.t.c and non indigene 60(for instance ).these are facts that are real so don't blame me or uniben
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by pazienza(m): 10:26pm On Oct 15, 2014
hovic:
Good, Goodnews.
Lets govern our schools our self, even if am from ESAN (Ekpoma), i still prefer an EDO man to govern the great UNIBEN.
Long LIVES the binis.
Long LIVES the Esan.
Long LIVES the akoko-edo.
Long LIVES the Auchi peeps.

Haters gonna hate.
P.S When his tenor expires will shall replace him with another EDO till Jesus the son of God comes back.

What about the Ika Igbo speakers of Edo, ie Igbankes, Ekpon,Inyelen,Iru,etc. Are they no longer part of Edo state?
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by Essential(m): 10:57am On Oct 16, 2014
Why Benin man?why cant they look for an Imo man? When the Igbos stop using their family members for blood money. Then u can be vc in our great uniben.lol
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by Essential(m): 11:01am On Oct 16, 2014
hollandis:
Why Benin man?why cant they look for an Imo man?
When the Igbos stop using their family members for blood money. Then u can be vc in our great uniben.lol
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by jayriginal: 4:47pm On Oct 16, 2014
Emasel:

Some of my colleagues who made First Class and applied for Graduate Assistant were denied,rather a bini boy with a 2.1 was taken as Graduate assistant,that goes to show the level of discrimination and nepotism in the University of Benin. This is just one of many cases....

I am almost certain that this is not the case. From your comment, I wonder how much you know about employment procedure for academic staff.
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by soulglo: 11:15pm On Oct 16, 2014
You people need to get real. Why does a bini man need to be the Vice Chancellor. Does being born Bini make you a good candidate for the position. F00lishness. People saying they want progress but insist on sitting comfortably in the 16th century.
Re: Professor Osasere Orumwense Is The New Vice Chancellor Of UNIBEN by EreluY(f): 1:05am On Oct 18, 2014
When I Googled this guy's name, I struggled to find his peer-reviewed publications, not even in databases. I guess he's been an armchair academic all along. I invite you to search the name of a Professor in a British, American or Canadian university and you would have to troll through tones of publications in leading academic journals. Not the same with Nigerian professors--the vast majority of who publish in predatory Turkish, Pakistani, Indian and Somali journals, to mention a few. Whatever Professor Osasere Orumwense may have achieved, administratively, the fact that he has no outstanding online publishing presence in world class academic journals speaks volumes. Nigeria's education sector, like the country itself, is irrevocably doomed!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

What Is On Wikipedia About Prof Bamitale Omole And OAU / Email: What Do CC And BCC Mean? / Video: Nigerian Student Beaten Mercilessly On The Street Of Malaysia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.