Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,246 members, 7,807,834 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. - Family (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. (16170 Views)

Must A Wife Always Say Yes To Sex?by Bunmi Sofola / I'm Having Doubts About Getting Married Next Month / Eniola Kashaam: They Said I Was Too Fat To Find A Husband But I Got The Best (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Truckpusher(m): 10:48pm On Oct 14, 2014
BABE3:

what does the highlighted mean? Why did you feel the need to put in that piece of information? grin

As a 'miss independent' that works in a multi national company, what are you asking for again? Brazillian hair? Are you a beggar? grin
She already contradicted herself which means that she's been dreaming all along. grin

I didn't laugh grin
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by destante(f): 10:53pm On Oct 14, 2014
this place really got clumsy. I was relishing the pieces of advice flying cheesy
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by enfantdedieu: 10:56pm On Oct 14, 2014
thorpido:
Unrealistic comments from some ladies here.They're talking about a guy that cares.
Abeg,na wetin man dey take do this care?
Bros abeg help me ask dose chicks
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by beeevan: 10:59pm On Oct 14, 2014
OP this is not a good sign at all, most guy's will consider it a pleasure excusing themselves from friends to pick their fiance from the airport.

Seems you are enjoying the benefits and not ready to let go.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by tintingz(m): 11:04pm On Oct 14, 2014
FynBabe:
Ok! I agree, all women love money more than attention. grin
Both.

[img]http://manboobz.files./2013/10/attentionseek.png?w=584&h=382[/img]
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by tintingz(m): 11:05pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Hmm.its difficult but i think i am out of options here.i have sat him down couple of time to discuss this matter but instead he bought me my own car so that i dont have to call him to take me around.i have tried breaking up before now but he went on his knees and begged me not to leave him.i truly love him and i know he loves me so much.Is there no other approach other than leaving him?
You should have...

[img]http://manboobz.files./2013/10/attentionseek.png?w=584&h=382[/img]
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Stillfire: 11:07pm On Oct 14, 2014
@OP
I'm an attention freak as well and it's all because the love is still 'shacking' you. grin kiss
I guess when realities hit, we'll both wake up from the honeymoon phase. grin grin
If that's the only character flaw, you can work your way around it.
You can schedule the times you meet that would be solely for both of you, no phones or distraction.
You can also get to know what he likes doing and get involved in it as well. That way you kill two birds with one stone.
This will only work though if he indeed cherishes the relationship and is committed to it. I'm of the school of thought that if your partner raises complaints you find ways to alleviate her/his hurt. I hope he's that kind of guy.

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 11:09pm On Oct 14, 2014
@ babe3,so you were insulting me because you dint have an idea what i looked like right? Anyway,i just uploaded my pic.will take it down soon though.Its not every profile without picture that have an ugly handler.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by BABE3: 11:13pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:
@ babe3,so you were insulting me because you dint have an idea what i looked like right? Anyway,i just uploaded my pic.will take it down soon though.Its not every profile without picture that have an ugly handler.

awwww. Now I feel like a jerk. grin

but wait, how can you be that cute and reduce your level to the likes of the attention seekers on this thread. grin

With the way you were talking, one would have thought you looked like a 12 yr old boy with a shiny weave.

pretty girls like you don't crave attention. Guys give it to them free of charge. cheesy
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by audreybrian(f): 11:16pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:
Wow,you are such a cutie,no wonder your boyfriend does not wanna let go of you.You are incredibly beautiful.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by TV01(m): 11:23pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:
@

So let me get this right, this guy is all but perfect. Your soulmate and one you can discuss anything with on any level? He lavishes money on you and provides everything you need? He makes provision even before you articulate the need? The only problem is that you need more attention?

Let me advise you;

I appreciate that you are young, and perhaps not quite ready for marriage – even as everything seems to suggest you have landed on your feet if you want it.

But so is he, and by all accounts very focused and successful at a relatively young age. If he is the soulmate you claim, you should be able to work with this.

Become invaluable to him and a source of wise counsel, comfort and rest. That’s all you have to do – that and perhaps demonstrate a little patience. Be wise, why does he spend so much time with his friends/contacts. Is it because he is driven or because you don’t provide the same stimulus?

If your main driver is your neediness, I’d wager that not only are you not ready, you are probably not right for him. I shudder to think how you’d react if times got tough?

Your call. All the best

TV

2 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Truckpusher(m): 11:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
beeevan:
OP this is not a good sign at all, most guy's will consider it a pleasure excusing themselves from friends to pick their fiance from the airport.

Seems you are enjoying the benefits and not ready to let go.
Sometimes most men do not consider this a pleasure.

A lot of factors can play major roles here.

For Example ..........Why would I be picking up someone from the airport that knows her way round the town and can drive herself down to the house without any problem or whatsoever ?...........In Nigeria it'd be wise for her to come down and meet you up and save yourselves the headache of traffic jam and every other thing that could go wrong and as well the economic loss of driving down there and bring her back to the house for a thing she could just get a taxi and come back home.

You can't count everything that isn't in perfect position as a red flag in all relationship .............There must a factor limiting that thing.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by tintingz(m): 11:31pm On Oct 14, 2014
abeautifulchick:
Babe...

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 11:32pm On Oct 14, 2014
TV01:

So let me get this right, this guy is all but perfect. Your soulmate and one you can discuss anything with on any level? He lavishes money on you and provides everything you need? He makes provision even before you articulate the need? The only problem is that you need more attention?

Let me advise you;

I appreciate that you are young, and perhaps not quite ready for marriage – even as everything seems to suggest you have landed on your feet if you want it.

But so is he, and by all accounts very focused and successful at a relatively young age. If he is the soulmate you claim, you should be able to work with this.

Become invaluable to him and a source of wise counsel, comfort and rest. That’s all you have to do – that and perhaps demonstrate a little patience. Be wise, why does he spend so much time with his friends/contacts. Is it because he is driven or because you don’t provide the same stimulus?

If your main driver is your neediness, I’d wager that not only are you not ready, you are probably not right for him. I shudder to think how you’d react if times got tough?

Your call. All the best

TV
Thanks.I have picked one or two things from your write up.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Truckpusher(m): 11:33pm On Oct 14, 2014
BABE3:

awwww. Now I feel like a jerk. grin

but wait, how can you be that cute and reduce your level to the likes of the attention seekers on this thread. grin

With the way you were talking, one would have thought you looked like a 12 yr old boy with a shiny weave.

pretty girls like you don't crave attention. Guys give it to them free of charge. cheesy

Guys do not give it to you free of charge when they've seen everything about you in and out. tongue

You make them go hungry for your attention but once you've been landed safely ,you'll become a regular. grin

This is nature for you.

C'mon ! we aren't that dumb. cheesy
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by tintingz(m): 11:37pm On Oct 14, 2014
Truckpusher:
Guys do not give it to you free of charge when they've seen everything about you in and out. tongue

You make them go hungry for your attention but once you've been landed safely ,you'll become a regular. grin

This is nature for you.

C'mon ! we aren't that dumb. cheesy
Thank you

[img]http://3.bp..com/-akRX-izSv5A/U4V2csCKgRI/AAAAAAAA4nM/JNwqgdF-8QE/s1600/20-Ways-To-Bag-Yourself-A-Rich-Boyfriend.jpg[/img]

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 11:42pm On Oct 14, 2014
Stillfire:
@OP
I'm an attention freak as well and it's all because the love is still 'shacking' you. grin kiss
I guess when realities hit, we'll both wake up from the honeymoon phase. grin grin
If that's the only character flaw, you can work your way around it.
You can schedule the times you meet that would be solely for both of you, no phones or distraction.
You can also get to know what he likes doing and get involved in it as well. That way you kill two birds with one stone.
This will only work though if he indeed cherishes the relationship and is committed to it. I'm of the school of thought that if your partner raises complaints you find ways to alleviate her/his hurt. I hope he's that kind of guy.

I totally understand you.Thanks.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 11:50pm On Oct 14, 2014
Are you guys kidding me?
So a woman will cheat on a man due to lack of "sufficient attention"?.
Absolute nonsense.
I am an engineer with barely enough time for myself let alone a partner.
Are you guys saying i will get cheated on because of that?
lol.
Let me catch her first.
I will bundle her to her father's house immediately.
I am sure her parents will give her all attention she needs.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by naijaboiy: 12:11am On Oct 15, 2014
abeautifulchick:

On the contrary,i know what i want
Then stick to it undecided
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 12:59am On Oct 15, 2014
I love this website because it helps me to understand the mindset of some (NOT ALL) women from your country. So the lady is saying that he gives a lot of things and doesn't spend needed time and even abandons her when she feels she mustn't be abandoned.

A) She's not ready for marriage, mainly because the manner in which someone act before marriage is amplified 10x after. And if she must complain on public forum, as though she doesn't have sisters and friends etc to complain to, this must REALLY bother her. It will most definitely cause HBP in marriage.

B) Finally, where I come from, we have something called AMBITION!!! Why does this girl care so much about his ability to earn and the methods it takes for him to earn it and not her? Doesn't she worry about keeping her own pocket big and juicy? Why is the measure of a man comiserate on how much he makes, cuz in that case, us women should be marrying Mutual Funds, Banks and Churches! She should worry about how she should make sweet sweet cash, how to stash it, and settle herself.... At least that way she wouldn't have to consider deep pockets as a quality for marriage. What if they get married and his business crash? Or he passes and his relatives take all inheritance leaving her and her children with a pittance? WAOOWWW if you can't provide for yourself, don't even think about adding another person into the mix...

4 Likes

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Lovettokon(f): 1:03am On Oct 15, 2014
naijaboiy:
Op don't tell me you want to marry a poverty stricken man

Take a chill pill

Lady, u lie. U can never stay with a man who can't pay ur bills. Better hold wot u av o else I will come for him and u go DEY pursue me with juju
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by naijaboiy: 1:04am On Oct 15, 2014
Lovettokon:

Lady, u lie. U can never stay with a man who can't pay ur bills. Better hold wot u av o else I will come for him and u go DEY pursue me with juju
gringrin
That is what some of us have been saying since o cheesy

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by HARDDON: 1:40am On Oct 15, 2014
abeautifulchick:

Yes.What matters most to me is love.

oh sure!

love is such a well balanced meal!: we use it to pay all them bill, take care of all them listless wants, do them movies and generally use it to kare for our gfs! angry angry

Nvm some have been singing 'no Romance without Finance!'

how low twisted can it really get with ladies?

no = yes

maybe= no

love ? no money

money? no attention

attention? no airtime

cant buh lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 15, 2014
coogar:

you're crazy, aswear grin cheesy cheesy
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by okotv(m): 7:30am On Oct 15, 2014
abeautifulchick:

I am.its just that i need maximum attention from him
its a personal flaw and if you love him you would see beyond that.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 9:28am On Oct 15, 2014
audreybrian:

Wow,you are such a cutie,no wonder your boyfriend does not wanna let go of you.You are incredibly beautiful.
Thanks.You are also very pretty too.

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 15, 2014
vivalableue:
I love this website because it helps me to understand the mindset of some (NOT ALL) women from your country. So the lady is saying that he gives a lot of things and doesn't spend needed time and even abandons her when she feels she mustn't be abandoned.

A) She's not ready for marriage, mainly because the manner in which someone act before marriage is amplified 10x after. And if she must complain on public forum, as though she doesn't have sisters and friends etc to complain to, this must REALLY bother her. It will most definitely cause HBP in marriage.

B) Finally, where I come from, we have something called AMBITION!!! Why does this girl care so much about his ability to earn and the methods it takes for him to earn it and not her? Doesn't she worry about keeping her own pocket big and juicy? Why is the measure of a man comiserate on how much he makes, cuz in that case, us women should be marrying Mutual Funds, Banks and Churches! She should worry about how she should make sweet sweet cash, how to stash it, and settle herself.... At least that way she wouldn't have to consider deep pockets as a quality for marriage. What if they get married and his business crash? Or he passes and his relatives take all inheritance leaving her and her children with a pittance? WAOOWWW if you can't provide for yourself, don't even think about adding another person into the mix...
Thanks but the fact is that i can provide for myself as i earn good money.I only brought up the issue about him giving me what i want to avoid questions from that angle from readers.So money is really not my problem now.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 9:34am On Oct 15, 2014
okotv:
its a personal flaw and if you love him you would see beyond that.
Thanks.I will think it through again.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by prettiest1(f): 10:19am On Oct 15, 2014
Tallesty1:
What do women want?
Love, care and trust. Understand our silent and Place nothing above us except God. Be there for us. Those are a few of what women want.

1 Like

Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Nobody: 10:22am On Oct 15, 2014
TV01:

Let me advise you;

Your call. All the best

TV
ABEautifulChick, the words above are words of the wise. You'd do well to heed them. Refrain from enjoying comfort from words of pre-degree students who have never kept a relationship for up to 6 months.

What would be more disgusting than this thread is another thread complaining of this same issue. You don't have to get married to him, you shouldn't marry him just because "he can't do without you or begs with cars and houses". If your heart says don't, then don't. Move on if you feel you need to.
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by Tallesty1(m): 10:38am On Oct 15, 2014
prettiest1:
Love, care and trust. Understand our silent and Place nothing above us except God. Be there for us. Those are a few of what women want.
Owk...

What do women give?
Re: I Just Said Yes To The Big Question But I Still Have Doubts. by prettiest1(f): 10:45am On Oct 15, 2014
Tallesty1:
Owk...

What do women give?
We definitely will reciprocate if given what we want.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Can You Survive On A 10,000 Weekly Pay? / Can One Love A Particular Child More Than Other Children In The Family? / Why Do Some Mothers-In-law Always Maltreat Their Daughters-In-laws?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.