Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,332 members, 7,808,158 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:54 AM

What Do You Like About USA And Canada? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / What Do You Like About USA And Canada? (7361 Views)

Why Do Nigerian Prefer To Give Birth To Their Children In The USA And Canada? / How Long Must One Live In Usa, Uk And Canada,before One Can Become A Citizen? / About Usa College (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Royaldee: 1:42pm On Oct 18, 2014
Nice question ooo. Helep me ask them!
Waiting for answers patiently

Raiders:
Oga justwise, I don hear you. I am not going to post my number if you say so. But If I most ask, why is it okay for people who are selling dogs and cars to post their number in the business section, people in the romantic and politics section also post their numbers every time but its not allow to post number in the travel section. Why is it against the rules in travel section but not in other section when it is the same nairaland?
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by pansophist(m): 9:34pm On Oct 18, 2014
itstpia1:

the visa lottery has been cancelled, so its likely you wont be seeing so many nigerians coming in anymore.

just calm down.

Visa lottery is not cancelled, Nigeria simply did not qualify this year. But itt is very possible to apply as the spouse of an applicant from an eligible country.
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Octaves(m): 2:55pm On Oct 19, 2014
Lol! Maybe he meant Calabar or Calabari
NaLaugh:
I am positive the OP does not live in the US. Either that, or he just got fresh off the boat.

How can you possibly compare "freedom" here in the US to Egypt, Morocco etc.

If you're truly in Cali, then you must be on that Cali kush.
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 3:05pm On Oct 20, 2014
Raiders:
America is the greatest country to ever exit on this earth. Americans are one of the nicest set of people I have ever met. They are generous and help people in need. Just be honest and you wont have any problem. I have never experience any form of racism through out my stay here. Also it is a very diverse country with people from the different corner of the earth. There is no race, tribe, language, religion, culture that you wont find in America. What I don't like about America is that its very easy to get a gun so the murder rate is high. I have never been to Europe except on transit and Europe is not as diverse as US

Anyone who never experienced any form of racism in the West is either extremely lucky or it could just be that the person has never amount to anything. Racism in North America is subtle and you truly have to be embedded in the american society to see it. Racism is real in North America.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by charzyh2: 11:12am On Oct 21, 2014
TheCongo:

Anyone who never experienced any form of racism in the West is either extremely lucky or it could just be that the person has never amount to anything. Racism in North America is subtle and you truly have to be embedded in the american society to see it. Racism is real in North America.
says who?
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 4:35pm On Oct 21, 2014
charzyh2:

says who?

Any minority who has navigated the corporate america.
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by 19naia(m): 5:40pm On Oct 21, 2014
There is racism every where, even in Nigeria among black people of different tribes... Also Classism where the rich try to be one race of wealth among themselves..

There are third world like slums in America that are occupied by white people as well as other races... The Idea that if black people were a controlling majority in America, it would quickly decsend into a third world cesspool ~is not true ,because the third wirld condition is a product of poverty and exclusion by the rich... In top rated countries ,the lowest rate of wages is high enough to make poverty not as bad as in third world countries.. Also the top rated countries have better revenues to the public funds to make real public ammenities and up keep, the revenues are also backed by more effective tax collection agencies such as the IRS in USA...

Its the state of inequality, disregarded rights and poverty that keeps third world in its third world condition... There are black majority cities in USA that elect always black mayors and council members, and those cities are organized to the general USA standard... Even the capital city ~the Abuja of America~ Washington DC is a city with a black majority and it always votes black mayors and keeps up with the national standard despite every city having gang problems and minority poverty issues...

There was the old Tulsa Oklahoma city which was a major black city by the early 1900's that rivaled other white US cities for its economic growth and quality of life.. It had major banks that were internationally recognized and black controlled, it had big corporate business that were black controlled and a local government that was black controlled... Then one day white racist came in vandalizing and destroying the place and when the black people came to protect themselves, the white police chief from outside the black city came in to settle the matter by ordering the city to be bombed by aircraft and destroyed and the black people were repressed as if they were the problem and now its just another average city with black people kept a step behind their own potential....

There is racism in UK and germany and greece and italy and beyond.. The One time i was in UK, there were race riots and it affected me... Many white shop keepers were refuseing service to black people in London even if they had nothing to do with the riots and even myself who was just visiting from USA.. I was harassed by white people accuseing me of being a rioter without knowing i had only just arrived from USA the previous night and had no idea what was going on in London at that time... I watched the story on the news in my hotel that night and then i began to understand why i was harassed... The government had ordered that people should just ingnore and avoid any black people for fear that they may be hostile rioters coming to trouble them...

I will say that USA is a good country and so is UK or Germany because they have people from every country on earth living there in esablished communities with restuarants of their native foods and gathering places for their native cultures... Even Sharia groups are given freedom there to an extent within the laws of the land..

Despite all the problems in USA or UK, i had a worse experience overall, during my 8 years living in Nigeria in my younger days... Racism in USA or UK is not as bad as the hate mongering groups and clashes that go on in Nigeria where people clash over what political party, what religious practice, what tribal heritage and all this within a general state of societal squalor for health, municipal utilities, security by police who are more often the crooks answering to no one, and a system that does not respect the right for police or other civil servants to earn a decent enough wage to not warrant desperation towards corrupt means of supplimenting themsleves..

Canada is a very clean and civil country, there is some racism to be found but people are generally kind and civil with a good system of health and higher education available to all.... I visited Canada from USA and it impressed me more than USA for its cleanliness and lack of squalor in the bad parts of the cities... Thats because every body has access to higher education and health care... In USA there are some on the streets living the vagabond style of squalor because Higher education is not extended to all and health care is not as easy for all as it is in Canada.... People get too sick to work and loose their income and cannot afford to pay health care and then cant pay for a house or food and things begin a downward spiral to a bottomless pit because one day health failed them and then they gave up hope in humanity and stayed down on the bottom in squalor, and thats the ones who survived their illness.... Then Many become drug addicts who cannot find hope for one reason or another because of past crimes they are running from or devastation in their lives from illness ,long term drug use or great loss...

People in squalor on the streets in USA are sometimes Obese/very fat which is a clue to how easy life can be for a vagabond in USA... In Nigeria, a person living on the streets and remaining very fat ,will get no sympathy and be seen as the image of greed and laziness. No matter what country and what level of hardship or comfort they have, there is always a place to be found where one can fit in and avoid the worst things...But the worst things are even worse in some countries and so i would take my chances in USA and Europe than to Live permanently in Nigeria....

9 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by itstpia1: 3:00am On Oct 22, 2014
pansophist:

Visa lottery is not cancelled, Nigeria simply did not qualify this year.

same thing.

But itt is very possible to apply as the spouse of an applicant from an eligible country.

any which way i guess.
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by pansophist(m): 9:54am On Oct 22, 2014
itstpia1:

same thing.

Not same
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by NaLaugh: 8:20pm On Oct 22, 2014
19naia: There are third world like slums in America that are occupied by white people as well as other races... The Idea that if black people were a controlling majority in America, it would quickly decsend into a third world cesspool ~is not true

I beg to differ. kindly point to one definitively black nation which is economically and developmentally advanced.
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by pansophist(m): 8:32pm On Oct 22, 2014
NaLaugh:

I beg to differ. kindly point to one definitively black nation which is economically and developmentally advanced.

Bahamas

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by 19naia(m): 11:02pm On Oct 22, 2014
NaLaugh:

I pointed to cities in America run by black leaders and majority black population and thats aside from the nations current president being black..
I know you are right about the black countries but its not a function of being black, it is a function of being in poverty from a low minimum wage for labour....
I say this because i was in philippines and they are a mess even though they are asian, they have among the worlds lowest wages... There are eastern european nations also that are poor and have thrid world standards in many parts, they are white people.. I was in south and central america like Nicaragua and Peru and they are not black nations, they have poverty and slum like conditions all over the country as well as the common thread of very low minimum wage for labour...

The common thread is not being BLACK, because the same low standard can be said about some white countries in eastern Europe, asian countries like philippines and more countries in central and south america... The common thread is low minimum wages for people there... They will never be able to afford more than a slum as the industrial millionaires /billionares drive inflation to the point that even a slum becomes unaffordable..

I have been to 17 countries so far and that includes UK, France, Spain, Canada, USA ~ for the higher standard countries, and then the rest were second-third world countries in asia and central/south america.. I stayed those places and learned the price to live day to day compared to what the low end workers are paid.. I also stayed in Nigeria for 8 years and keep up on things in Nigeria as well... My time in Thailand and Mexico exposed me to the 2nd world status between first and thrid world... Thailand is similar in culture and heritage to Cambodia, Laos, Vietnam and even some similarities to philippines.. Similar by language, foods and virtually the same race.. Yet thailand defies the third world standard and does not cross into what china is doing and becoming so polluted and toxic... There are white eastern european countries in more squalor than Thailand and they are just as eager to enter EU as many Nigerians are entering EU...

When you consider all the countries and races behind Poor corrupt countries, you will see it cannot be attributed to any race in particular.. Its because of the economic standard that places a value on what peoples labour is worth..
One good clue is that the europeans or west that we all so herald, they built their high standard to its peak while at the same time setting the low wages in third world countries when they were forced colonies, and before the low wages, it was a slave quota of output under threat of abuse by the europeans. This service to the west was up to as recently as 1960 within living memory of our parents... The countries that are predominantly third world, are all linked to productivity that was sent out to european markets and america ,and the ones that were not colonized never asked for the western culture or way of life that labels them as third world... The Europeans had the advantage of hundreds of years of ransacking the world to enrich themselves and build america along with europe all while creating the imbalanced economic value in the Colony labourers wage..

When its all said and done, The world wars that so effectively destroyed Europe, Japan, Parts of USA which are the top nations, these wars cannot be attributed to poor countries or Africans... Its Europeans.. The Europeans did not begin to consider freeing the colonies they exploited( including Nigeria) until they were devastated from world war two and then after recovering and realizing that Hitler was trying to colonize Europe and the world, they could then feel what the Colonial peoples of todays poor countries feel.. And so it was that the freeing of colonies was accepted by the European leaders... . Now today its a new Destruction form the Industrial Development fall out that poisons the land , air and water...

The truth now is that after all the ransacking of the world to the tune of the western world and its standards and labels, its has become clear the earth cannot sustain it and the day quickly approcahes when we would all be happy to just be simple people in simple villages with water, air and soil not so polluted that we cannot drink, eat or breath without concern for cancer and hope for future generations...

You can build all the factories and nice houses and infrastructure in third world countries, but they will never amount to anything for the people of the country unless exported to the west or paid for by tourist who visit third world countries or the people of the land are paid a wage that allows them to afford the very products they produce....
Thats the key, The western countries have wages that support every one being able to afford a standard better than a slum..
I see all the time students and people in nigeria building technological projects that dont really add up to compete on world markets but the idea is cutting edge.. I notice its not that they cannot perform a higher standard of production, they cannot afford it and they dont have an advantage of a colony of other races of people to exploit for the resources and wealth to bring home and put to inventions...Also nigerian students have shown they can perform better in USA schools than the average USA student...

Today Nigeria is Boasting some of the foriegn high tech companies coming to Nigeria to build cars and produce technology devices.. They would not be there if they were not expecting to pay a lower wage to Nigerian workers who build the cars or machines... In america, any auto factory worker can afford to buy 1 of what he makes... Lets see how the same applies for nigerians working in western brand auto factories in Nigeira...

They are still playing colonial games of low value for the labour of the people they have always exploited...
In america, Ford needed Mazda motors to teach it to make better cars, cheverolet uses Isuzu, dodge uses mitsubishi... They had to use Japanese car makers to help them learn better quality. The same Japan which america atom bombed in the war to keep them from becoming a colonial power just like europe did over the americas or europe did over africa.. Its a game of using who can be used to get ahead ,and the ones most exploited in colonial days are still left behind in the race and still somewhat exploited while the colonial system left behind by the colonial masters ,continues to honor the ways that keep wages low and standards flopped for the natives of the lands...

In the end, the earth cannot sustain all this development, the natural lifestyle of simple people is the only real hope for better health in the body ,mind and spirit and the earth..... Study up on Chinas development and related poisoning of the air ,waters and land with million a year dying from pollution alone... and i can also show you much info on problems in USA with poisoning of the air, water and land for profit in industry development...What good is a high standard of living if it brings carcinogens to cause people the discomfort of unnatural dying.. Its not a standard of living, its a standard of dying hiding behind the image of fine things to make better living...

6 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by NaLaugh: 2:00am On Oct 23, 2014
19naia

Like you, i have visited a number of countries. I live in the U.S, and i believe you do too (or at least you're also an American citizen).

HOWEVER, when it comes to this issue, we have to give priority consideration to the rule and not the exception.

The majority of Caucasian-led societies are doing just fine = Fact.
A smaller number of Caucasian-led societies are doing badly = Fact.

Nearly ALL black-led societies are doing bad = Fact.
1 to 3 minimally populated black-led societies are doing okay (no major feats) = Fact.

Hispanic, Asian and Arab societies fall somewhere in the middle.

Blacks have maintained a tight grip on the bottom rung of all societies - whether they are the majority or minorities in that society.

The sooner we start looking inward rather than playing the blame game, the sooner we'll elevate ourselves from the perpetual cesspool of poverty that has become synonymous with black society.

I'm sick of hearing feeble excuses like- "oh, the colonial masters did this and that"... "the white man is trying to keep me down" etc.

Before Africa had first-contact with Europeans and Arabs, what exactly was black Africa doing? what kind of development was she
brewing all by herself?... nothing.

You say but these societies live in poverty. True. But poverty is not the ultimate "cause," it is the ultimate "result."

There was an article on Nairaland recently about a state governor in Nigeria (Bayelsa) building a state house or governor's house with a budget of $205 million - with the goal of having the best state house in Africa.

Now, i can almost guarantee that the public schools in his state are in total rot, and the general clinics not too different.
I will not bother going into details on the nature of transformation these same funds could bring to his state's educational and health care system.

But NOOO.. that would be a waste of funds. He'd rather live it up in a gold plated state house.

This right there is what is responsible for our status. Extreme greed, and highly misplaced priorities.

Until we identify ourselves as the "problems" and not the "victims," we will NEVER elevate.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 4:07am On Oct 23, 2014
NaLaugh:

I am shocked to read your comments. In one of your posts you indicate you live in the States. Most of the black in the west see themselves equal to the white man and believe they can excel just as good if given the opportunity.

There is no a black nation that is economically advanced. Do you know why? Who is controlling the black nations anyway? Does the word Neocolonialism means anything to you? Do you know who have been controlling Haiti? Who put dictators in power in most African nations? Who killed Patrice Lumumba in the Congo? Who killed Thomas Sankara to put a dictator in power in Burkina Faso? The list goes on

If black Americans were controlling the USA, they wouldn't be reporting to anyone the way the third world nations do.

3 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 4:10am On Oct 23, 2014
NaLaugh:

Before Africa had first-contact with Europeans and Arabs, what exactly was black Africa doing? what kind of development was she

The white man came to Africa with the bible in his hands while we had the money. Today, we are holding the bible in our hands while he is holding our money.

You should visit some Museums to have an idea of the type of development that existed in Africa before the white man arrived.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by 19naia(m): 4:55am On Oct 23, 2014
NaLaugh:
19naia

Like you, i have visited a number of countries. I live in the U.S, and i believe you do too (or at least you're also an American citizen).

HOWEVER, when it comes to this issue, we have to give priority consideration to the rule and not the exception.

The majority of Caucasian-led societies are doing just fine = Fact.
A smaller number of Caucasian-led societies are doing badly = Fact.

Nearly ALL black-led societies are doing bad = Fact.
1 to 3 minimally populated black-led societies are doing okay (no major feats) = Fact.

Hispanic, Asian and Arab societies fall somewhere in the middle.

Blacks have maintained a tight grip on the bottom rung of all societies - whether they are the majority or minorities in that society.

The sooner we start looking inward rather than playing the blame game, the sooner we'll elevate ourselves from the perpetual cesspool of poverty that has become synonymous with black society.

I'm sick of hearing feeble excuses like- "oh, the colonial masters did this and that"... "the white man is trying to keep me down" etc.

You say but these societies live in poverty. True. But poverty is not the ultimate "cause," it is the ultimate "result."

There was an article on Nairaland recently about a state governor in Nigeria (Bayelsa) building a state house or governor's house with a budget of $205 million - with the goal of having the best state house in Africa.

Now, i can almost guarantee that the public schools in his state are in total rot, and the general clinics not too different.
I will not bother going into details on the nature of transformation these same funds could bring to his state's educational and health care system.

But NOOO.. that would be a waste of funds. He'd rather live it up in a gold plated state house.

This right there is what is responsible for our status. Extreme greed, and highly misplaced priorities.

Until we identify ourselves as the "problems" and not the "victims," we will NEVER elevate.

Its also a fact you should not over look -that the top notch caucasian countries have to their benefit the ravgeing of the world and exploitation of the bottom countries... They rose on the backs of the ones down in the world... Its not a matter of blame, its a matter of accountabilty and recognizing the obstacle... I can look inward for eternity, but if the obstacle and cause of any problems are outside of my self and forced against my control, then it is a self deception to put it inwards... And of course it is rare that a patholigical problem person will be accountable for such grave things when that person has the upper hand in the world and can disseminate such propaganda as the illusion of a blame game when it is clearly a game of deffered accountability....

I will say that i stand by your point of view only in the area that says black people or disadvantaged people who have been exploited, will never overcome without drawing out what they have left within and applying it towards a better life for every one... Too many have been defeated and given up and refuse to care about any one else or anything else or have hope in their own efforts to make a difference... Even so i know they did not get there without help from those caucasians who oppressed for so long that it became a cultural norm to just see every thing about them as inferior and unworthy of sharing the world with... Even the chinese investing in Nigeria and helping Nigeria develop ,it comes down to them bringing money and equipment which nigeria does not have... Chinas money can be traced to trade with USA and USA money can be traced to hostile take over of america from natives and enslavement of africans... The european side influencing america also traces to hostile take over of African continent....

It will always be a disadvantage if they require caucasian language to do business and require their rules to abide by and have manipulative reach into the affairs of independant african countries or others... In fact it is the Caucasian model of government and fiscal rule that Nigerian politicians are being able to be so corupt in and steal from.. You can almost say that coruption and inequality are built into the European government and fiscal model and it doesnt mix well with nigerias heritage of social hierarchy which was rooted in spirituality and heritage, now in the european context, its heirarchy by capital holdings and profita gained by crook or otherwise... Nigerians must recover from the damges and mental dissonance the europeans left, their language english is deep seated in Nigeria, that is sure sign that other causcasian mentalities are deep seated as well and carry the program of disfunction and friction with the traditional psychology.. There is mental damge even among the elites in government trying to be in power...

Its not all an internal self issue.. The strong arm of an oppressive causcasian people and now even chinese, motivated by greed, is externally reaching to choke black people... The fact that they have it so wealthy in their countries is evidence of all they have benefited from taking from and manipulating out of elsewhere... Chocolate, potatos, cotton,beans,tomatos, corn, coffee and many of the foods we attribute to the western or causcasian countries are from south america or africa and asia or india... Their diversity of crops and food is far from what was theirs before colonialism and they did not just trade for it.. They took over the people and made them farm and supply europe with it..
The math they use or teach ,is middle eastern such as algebra, even the number system... When you strip off every detail aquired from other races that europeans exploited and took lands from, you will see europeans dont have much either to their historical credit other than what was taken by force and the ecological decline of the planet due to an industrial scale that has never been sustained on earth before...

What did europeans have before ravaging the world for what they have? they ate bread grains, cheese, beer and meats from land and sea.. that was the staple...
What advanced math did they have before taking algebra from middle east?
what fine clothes did they have made of cotton before they got the fiber from people they exploited?

The food production exploded for them, lands to farm on with those exploited foods , it exploded for them when they took it by force from others..
then the resources they discovered on those lands made for more explosions in their culture and economic advantage in the world market...

they say europe had the roman colonization that brought it into more robust architecture, then the dark ages came when rome collapsed, then europe went into squalor of plagues and living in filth worse than africa... The renesaince came with travel and influence from out side and it was that new wander lust for learning arts and trade from far away that led to far away expeditions and discovering more of africa and americas .. Then the royalty and business men decide to invest in taking over these territories and so began colonization ..And with every thing they learned from all the countries they exploited, they built their superior advantage and maintained that advantage all through until today...

They had nothing either, just like africans... The difference is africans did not have the advantage of ravaging the world for it... Do a detailed study of the causcasian countries rise to wealth.. Its all linked to colonies in africa and the americas.. Then they traded among other european countries with no colonies.... The odd countries like Japan and china, rose to wealth by doing trade with the european colonial beneficiaries... It was all about take by force and that is the reason behind world war one and two.They tried to colonize each other in perpetual greed to have the utmost advantage on earth...The entire earth..

They owe what they have to what they took from others by force... Even the guns they used to conquer africa and make 2 world wars, the gun powder was invented in china when china was just a nation of industrious peasants like europe was and africa... Imagine china inventing gun powder and even fireing rockets for fire works and signals and never setting out to take the world by force...Europeans were building mud and rock and grass houses also when africans and asians were... Europeans exploited the chinese invantion of gun powder, the building design from Rome came from the middle east and even africas egypt.. it was that external influence that brought advanced architecture and gun powder to Europe.. The superior greed in conquest was an internal thing, Europe did not steal that from china or any one else.. They have full credit to that..

The external list goes on for medicine... Malaria was not cured by the Europeans, they brought the cure to africa after they found it already being used by the bush men of the south america jungles.. they had been using quinine plant for a long time before europeans came..Same with aspirin was taken from bush men... Europeans would go back to europe or africa with it and sell it as a new discovery to their credit... They continued to go back to these bush mens knowledge to discover more medical marvels or cures.... these american bush men lived no better than the most primitive of bush men in Africa... They were the source of tomato, corn, fine cotton strains,tobacco,potato, chocolate, many types of beans and some types of rice,some rare grains, melons and other very healthy vegetables..

Also the europeans brought many diseases in their travels that killed off huge numbers of the people of the lands they exploited.. They all want to lock the exit from Africa now over ebola, but when they first traversed the globe, their diseases wiped out millions on top of the millions they killed off, enslaved or chased into the mountains...

The lies and coruption in USA, europe and canada present and past, are a good clue and mirror to see that Africas issues are not independently appaling...
I agree, african must pull themselves up by themsleves and stop wallowing in the pits.. But accountabilty with proper tracing of the architecture of the pits they wallow in will help them devise a plan to climb out ... Lets hope its done before the western culture rising in china and America and beyond ruin the earth and bring humanity as a whole to a toxic collapse...

Africas problem is not all rooted internally just as caucasian rise to top economy and development is not european rooted internally... The list of Nigerians being abused by Chinese investors is growing long.. And the politicians are so bred into the european model that they have mental torpor disrupting their moral heritage of tribal loyalty and care... China is not a Nigerian Tribe... The money that Corupts the politics is not a Nigerian heritage either.. The Nation of Nigeria is not an afircan Heritage. The name put on africa is even an external input by europeans... All of those things are external implants...Not internal..

If some one planted a stake in my head with a name of their choice, i would try to do something about it and hope to survive the night.. But above all i will recognize the pain in my head is from that external stake planted in my head and the proper accountability comes from who put it there and not from me just because its in my head it must be mine, like the blood gushing from it to the floor is mine and not belonging to the ground.. Remove the external stake and stop acting like its an internal issue while the stake remains. Some people do survive with external objects permanently lodged in themselves, but they survive uneasy and at risk of complications and disadvantage... The internal solution lays within the removal or restructuring of the causcasian implant in Africa which was used to exploit...

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by 19naia(m): 5:12am On Oct 23, 2014
pansophist:

Bahamas

Chai! see high and mighty oyinbo americans with their hard earned or stolen loot rushing eagerly to spend their money in Bahamas.., Maybe because it is paradise pass USA sef....
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by NaLaugh: 5:25am On Oct 23, 2014
TheCongo:

I am shocked to read your comments. In one of your posts you indicate you live in the States. Most of the black in the west see themselves equal to the white man and believe they can excel just as good if given the opportunity.

There is no a black nation that is economically advanced. Do you know why? Who is controlling the black nations anyway? Does the word Neocolonialism means anything to you? Do you know who have been controlling Haiti? Who put dictators in power in most African nations? Who killed Patrice Lumumba in the Congo? Who killed Thomas Sankara to put a dictator in power in Burkina Faso? The list goes on

If black Americans were controlling the USA, they wouldn't be reporting to anyone the way the third world nations do.

You sir, have just backed up my point exactly. Playing "the blame game"... The "victim" card.

No, i do not know what neocolonialism is. Why?

Because neocolonialism is not responsible for a small Nigerian state budgeting $205 million (N33.8 billion) for a state house
and fast tracking its funding and "execution" when its basic necessities like education infrastructure and health care are in ruins.

Neocolonialism is not responsible for Nigerian politicians deeming it okay to pay themselves N30 million/month while in the same breath
arguing against paying civil servants a minimum wage of N18,000/month.

Do you see a pattern here?

The average African American believes he is equal to anyone.. as a human being.
HOWEVER, he does not believe he has the same opportunities, so instead of giving it his best shot, he dwells on "the blame game."
... "The white man is putting me down."

NO, you are putting darn self down when you decide not to get even a basic high school education. Now, tell me who da heck is going
to hire your illiterate self? (assuming he attempts to get a job).

No one on this planet today can defeat you, except YOU.

While some of us might have this figured out, the majority of blacks still roam the earth dragging imaginary shackles.

Blacks probably need to implement some sort of psychological routine like those going through rehab in A. A (Alcoholics Anonymous).

They each start their sharing sessions with the sentence - "I am XYZ, and I'm an alcoholic."

Admitting you have a problem, and are responsible for it is the only way to position yourself on working out the solution.

You should visit some Museums to have an idea of the type of development that existed in Africa before the white man arrived.

Kindly educate me. I'm all ears.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by 19naia(m): 6:34am On Oct 23, 2014
NaLaugh:

You sir, have just backed up my point exactly. Playing "the blame game"... The "victim" card.

No, i do not know what neocolonialism is. Why?

Because neocolonialism is not responsible for a small Nigerian state budgeting $205 million (N33.8 billion) for a state house
and fast tracking its funding and "execution" when its basic necessities like education infrastructure and health care are in ruins.

Neocolonialism is not responsible for Nigerian politicians deeming it okay to pay themselves N30 million/month while in the same breath

Do you see a pattern here?

The average African American believes he is equal to anyone.. as a human being.
HOWEVER, he does not believe he has the same opportunities, so instead of giving it his best shot, he dwells on "the blame game."
... "The white man is putting me down."

NO, you are putting darn self down when you decide not to get even a basic high school education. Now, tell me who da heck is going
to hire your illiterate self? (assuming he attempts to get a job).

No one on this planet today can defeat you, except YOU.

While some of us might have this figured out, the majority of blacks still roam the earth dragging imaginary shackles.

Blacks probably need to implement some sort of psychological routine like those going through rehab in A. A (Alcoholics Anonymous).

They each start their sharing sessions with the sentence - "I am XYZ, and I'm an alcoholic."

Admitting you have a problem, and are responsible for it is the only way to position yourself on working out the solution.

Kindly educate me. I'm all ears.

You are right in all those points and i agree its not a credit to nigerias image and hope...

Many USA states diverted millions from education to fund governmet operations during hard times.. Even civil servant pensions suffered, Detroit a huge city went bankrupt and the govenor of Chicagos illinois imprisoned for corruption and there are other in good old USA the same...
Dubai and Quatar are rich countries with currencies valued higher than US$ or UKĀ£.. They are not countries i would go to because they are not morally apealing any more than Nigeria.. If i disagree with Islamic or Emirate ways or question the government, its harsh reprisal and they like beheadings and dismemeberment in sharia fashion... So being rich doesnt make them do any better than the govenor in Nigeria trying to build big government facilities...
Call me hypocrite or weak, i dont have what it takes to go and help Nigeria any more than i will go to the rich emirates... People in nigeria know they are held at political gun point and will be subject to kill and go squads if they protest with too much effect on the greedy politicians..
Nigeria has all the same coruption as USA but it just stands out more because it has worse level of poverty and squalor...
Nigeria will need a few countries to colonize and exploit if it is to reach the level of advantage europe and america did... China knows this fact and thats why they are in Nigeria and africa exploiting, they want to have the same advantage as Causcasians did...
The best thing is stop the exploitation and stop coveting all the big things and excess luxury and development... I like to hang out in open nature with bush and rivers flowing, wild animals and not so mch smoke from cars or stress from people being unhappy with each other...

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 12:29am On Oct 24, 2014
CrystalHeart22:
Those that traveled there what do you like about traveling to these places and don't like? And embarrassing moments.
And would you consider moving there for life. Also why go to these places and not France or Germany. If I was a Nigerian I would choose to go to the UK, France, Germany, because you are treated better there than in the USA, where you have to keep worrying about racism. USA is not that great anymore trust me and I live here.
Go to somewhere where there is more freedom like the Caribbean, Australia, Thailand, Morocco, South Africa, Egypt, but not America. It's okay to visit, but not to move and stay.

It's unfortunate that you have this tainted opinion of my adopted country.

I suggest that you expand your circle of friends and get introduced to people of different culture. Basically get out of your comfort zone.

For example get into auto car shows, car racing, surfing, horseback riding, or other activities that is not common in Nigeria.

I have visited many countries but every time I come home to USA I feel complete, it's only when I get to Ibadan that I ever have the same feeling. It may not be the best but it's my families home and we're happy here. No racism at all for us but we don't go looking for it nor carry a chip on our shoulder.

But if you're that miserable here then perhaps you should relocate. Life is too short to be miserable. No one is in charge of your happiness but yourself.

My Wife and I are in Pasadena if any Nairalander is in the are and wants to do lunch, my contact information is on my profile.

2 Likes

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 7:27am On Oct 24, 2014
Justwise can you kindly close this thread? The topic is now about Racism and not what the OP intentionally stated.

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by NaLaugh: 12:43pm On Oct 24, 2014
diluminati:
Justwise can you kindly close this thread? The topic is now about Racism and not what the OP intentionally stated.

Did you read what the OP "intentionally stated"? undecided
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 1:36pm On Oct 24, 2014
NaLaugh:

Do you know why Africans are unable to remove corrupt politicians from office? Because the West is backing up dictatorship in almost all African nations. So long as those corrupt African politicians are serving the interest of the west, they will remain in power regardless of how ruthless they are to their own citizens. And it is almost impossible to impeach an African president without the approval of the west. This is how neocolonialism is responsible for the destruction of third world countries.

It is so unfair to blame the citizens of oppressed Nations.
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by NaLaugh: 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
TheCongo:

Do you know why Africans are unable to remove corrupt politicians from office? Because the West is backing up dictatorship in almost all African nations. So long as those corrupt African politicians are serving the interest of the west, they will remain in power regardless of how ruthless they are to their own citizens. And it is almost impossible to impeach an African president without the approval of the west. This is how neocolonialism is responsible for the destruction of third world countries.

Perhaps because when election comes around, they form a straight line, collect a small bag of rice and vote them back in? lipsrsealed

Nigeria has not had a dictator since Abacha.

EVEN Abacha was not a western plant/puppet. His evil actions were ALL HIS.

You can go on feeding the blame game all you want, rather than evolving.

Making excuses is a counterproductive indulgence, and people who do so only advocate mediocrity and failure.
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by justwise(m): 1:58pm On Oct 24, 2014
TheCongo:

Really? So the west is backing Mugabe, backed Abacha, Gaddafi,Laurent Gbagbo... etc? When are we going to stop this blame game?

1 Like

Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 2:17pm On Oct 24, 2014
justwise:

Really? So the west is backing Mugabe, backed Abacha, Gaddafi,Laurent Gbagbo... etc? When are we going to stop this blame game?

Hmmm ... this is food for thought. My brother Justwise, how are you by the way?
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 24, 2014
NaLaugh:

Perhaps because when election comes around, they form a straight line, collect a small bag of rice and vote them back in? lipsrsealed

Nigeria has not had a dictator since Abacha.

EVEN Abacha was not a western plant/puppet. His evil actions were ALL HIS.

You can go on feeding the blame game all you want, rather than evolving.

Making excuses is a counterproductive indulgence, and people who do so only advocate mediocrity and failure.

Please, don't underestimate the residual effect of oppression. When you deliver a nation from oppression, it may take many generations for that nation to fully recover.

Have a nice day
Re: What Do You Like About USA And Canada? by justwise(m): 5:29pm On Oct 24, 2014
TheCongo:

Hmmm ... this is food for thought. My brother Justwise, how are you by the way?

I'm very good and i hope you are as well?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Egypt Air Rewards Deborah Olatunji, Guardian With Free Tickets To Dubai / Thousands Stranded As Olodo Bridge Collapses In Ibadan (Photos) / Want To Study In Norway? Read This! (info, Discussion And Advice)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 161
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.