Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,757 members, 7,798,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:25 AM

Appreciating Your Spouse - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Appreciating Your Spouse (11285 Views)

What Do You Do When Your Spouse Lies To You / The Best Place To Meet A Spouse / Where Did You Meet Your Spouse? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Appreciating Your Spouse by thebossman(m): 9:17pm On Oct 14, 2014
In a bar a while back, a man turned to his wife and asked what she would like for dinner. The man sitting across to them stared at him like he had blasphemed. I could just imagine the thoughts going through his head at that moment. I did stare at the couple myself because the man was all over her. smiley

We men, don't appreciate our wives enough. Those little things that they do add up to making your home a peaceful and warm one. It won't kill you if you pick up after yourself. Wash soap scum off after each bath or teeth brushing. Put your briefs in the laundry basket. Take the child from her as she cuts the vegetables. Say, 'thank you' when she hands you anything. And 'please' when you ask something of her.

Show her some kind of courtesy. Smile at her when she is sweaty and tell her 'well done'. You don't have to buy a million naira gift before you can show your appreciation, that small act of 'taking the plate to the kitchen after your meal' is 'thanks' on its own.

Be appreciative if you have a wonderful wife, tell her so. If it will get to her head, let it, she deserves a swollen head once in a while.
This is just my musing. I do hope it speaks a message though. smiley

24 Likes 1 Share

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 9:35pm On Oct 14, 2014
Beautiful piece smiley

May God grant us all,spouses of our choice,Amen smiley

2 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 10:28pm On Oct 14, 2014
Ooooooohhhhh. Op you have touched me in my bone marrows. God will bless with a wonderful wife who deserves you if you are single. Better say Amen oo. Nice post.

4 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 14, 2014
Nice smiley

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by ireneidiva(f): 4:53am On Oct 15, 2014
This is so sweet. Any wife treated like this, will even treat her husband better.

3 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 5:00am On Oct 15, 2014
Op is correct, unfortunately, some men don't do these things, and will never do it......
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 6:51am On Oct 15, 2014
Nigerian men, Oya o. cheesy

Come and read and learn.
No be to dey carry big belly dey mess anyhow for house .

Or the Yahoo Yahoo ones wey dey stay 24hrs internet cussing and fighting wearing one piece of boxers everyday . Baff sef, dem no baff .Shower no see them eye .

Big kiss for my Nigerian gentlemen. If you are doing this, you scarce walahi. God bless your women. Your portion in life will increase positively. Amin o. Any woman that doesn't appreciate you doing this , needs a psych.

Ehem, btw Op , you sure say you dey appreciate, Abi you just wan type. grin
Oya come buy me beer

2 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 7:24am On Oct 15, 2014
Please and thank you is a way of appreciating someone?? I thought that was being a basic civilized human being? undecided

I don't see how cleaning up after yourself is a way to appreciate another person. Why does your spouse have to deal with your mess? You are grown, aren't you ashamed that your spouse is cleaning up after you?

I see no appreciation here apart from taking her to a nice place to eat. Everything else is basic human courtesy, that should be demanded from even a r*etard. undecided

5 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by babygirlfl: 7:26am On Oct 15, 2014
thebossman:
In a bar a while back, a man turned to his wife and asked what she would like for dinner. The man sitting across to them stared at him like he had blasphemed. I could just imagine the thoughts going through his head at that moment. I did stare at the couple myself because the man was all over her. smiley

We men, don't appreciate our wives enough. Those little things that they do add up to making your home a peaceful and warm one. It won't kill you if you pick up after yourself. Wash soap scum off after each bath or teeth brushing. Put your briefs in the laundry basket. Take the child from her as she cuts the vegetables. Say, 'thank you' when she hands you anything. And 'please' when you ask something of her.

Show her some kind of courtesy. Smile at her when she is sweaty and tell her 'well done'. You don't have to buy a million naira gift before you can show your appreciation, that small act of 'taking the plate to the kitchen after your meal' is 'thanks' on its own.

Be appreciative if you have a wonderful wife, tell her so. If it will get to her head, let it, she deserves a swollen head once in a while.
This is just my musing. I do hope it speaks a message though. smiley

Lovely. Peace, love and joy will always be in your home. You will be appreciated within and outside your home.

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Kimoni: 7:38am On Oct 15, 2014
BananaBender:
Please and thank you is a way of appreciating someone?? I thought that was being a basic civilized human being? undecided

I don't see how cleaning up after yourself is way to appreciate another person. Why does your spouse have to deal with your mess? You are grown, aren't you ashamed that your spouse is cleaning up after you?

I see no appreciation here apart from taking her to nice place to eat. Everything else is basic human courtesy, that should be demanded from even a r*etard. undecided

Hehehehe

True but maybe things have gotten to that stage where you have to start from the basics before you get to the promise land.
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by gidjah(m): 8:25am On Oct 15, 2014
iwakolewa:
Op is correct, unfortunately, some men don't do these things, and will never do it......
I think it has to do wit d fact that we are not romantic in this part of the globe.we do not tend to bed romance into our daily routines.for instance how many of us married open d door of our cars for our spouse?how many of the wives rush at their men while coming back from d office wit a kiss and a hug?i can pretty tell u its only a very few ,if not like 2%of us on this part of Africa That Does that abi i dey lie ni?THE little romance i practice wit my spouse in my vicinity ,no be small trouble and envy e dey cause for my area,its simply because we are not use to this kind of life style,if na for europe,no body will give a damn about such
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 8:49am On Oct 15, 2014
Nice.

I've come to understand that it's the little things peeps overlook and refuse to do, that their spouse appreciate the most.

Something from the heart. It doesn't have to be grand.

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Famochi009(m): 8:57am On Oct 15, 2014
Beautiful piece. I love it.

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by prettiest1(f): 10:54am On Oct 15, 2014
Odilafta:
Beautiful piece smiley

May God grant us all,spouses of our choice,Amen smiley
Amen. My prayer.

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by thebossman(m): 11:33am On Oct 15, 2014
Even the commonest act of courtesy gets overlooked in our busy days sometimes. In our work life and the social interactions we have with others. When you collect your change from the petrol attendant, when the man on the queue shifts so you can pass through.

@bananabender, you have no idea how ladies appreciate the mere expression of gratitude that comes from your mouth. And not every man can afford to take her out. And yes, some men are so lazy and carefree they don't care were their boxers land when they take it off in the morning.
Yes, you have no idea how appreciative a woman will be if she is married to a messy husband and one day, he picks up his discarded shirt and drops it in the right place and keeps his shoes on the shoe rack. It's one less tidying up that she has to do. You may not know.

@chillisauce: I am too busy to pause sometimes but when the little acts she'd made crosses my mind, I send a ping or a text. It takes nothing from one. It's just a sentence spoken In truth to make someone feel appreciated. If I like it, why can't I give it? grin what brand of beer would you like?

2 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by thebossman(m): 11:55am On Oct 15, 2014
babygirlfl:

Lovely. Peace, love and joy will always be in your home. You will be appreciated within and outside your home.
thank you and amen to your prayers. smiley
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 7:42am On Oct 16, 2014
thebossman:
Even the commonest act of courtesy gets overlooked in our busy days sometimes. In our work life and the social interactions we have with others. When you collect your change from the petrol attendant, when the man on the queue shifts so you can pass through.

@bananabender, you have no idea how ladies appreciate the mere expression of gratitude that comes from your mouth. And not every man can afford to take her out. And yes, some men are so lazy and carefree they don't care were their boxers land when they take it off in the morning.
Yes, you have no idea how appreciative a woman will be if she is married to a messy husband and one day, he picks up his discarded shirt and drops it in the right place and keeps his shoes on the shoe rack. It's one less tidying up that she has to do. You may not know.

@chillisauce: I am too busy to pause sometimes but when the little acts she'd made crosses my mind, I send a ping or a text. It takes nothing from one. It's just a sentence spoken In truth to make someone feel appreciated. If I like it, why can't I give it? grin what brand of beer would you like?

Nice one. As per beer, I don't do 'beer' o, look for correct whiskey. Good for the heart.
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Sagamite(m): 11:12am On Oct 16, 2014
BananaBender:

I don't see how cleaning up after yourself is way to appreciate another person. Why does your spouse have to deal with your mess? You are grown, aren't you ashamed that your spouse is cleaning up after you?

I see no appreciation here apart from taking her to nice place to eat. Everything else is basic human courtesy, that should be demanded from even a r*etard. undecided

Fuuktard, what do you have to offer in a relationship?

3 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 4:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
The thread title should read "Appreciating Your Wife". Just saying.

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 5:00pm On Oct 16, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard, what do you have to offer in a relationship?

B*astard, how is that any of your business?

5 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by bennyrazz: 6:46pm On Oct 16, 2014
cat fight, cat fight, grabs a can of orijin grin
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Sagamite(m): 7:16pm On Oct 16, 2014
BananaBender:

B*astard, how is that any of your business?

Fuuktard, who are you to be telling people how to appreciate a spouse? What do you know? grin grin grin grin grin

Do you have anything to offer in a relationship?

5 Likes

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Skybright227: 8:31pm On Oct 16, 2014
Nice one!
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 10:32pm On Oct 16, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard, who are you to be telling people how to appreciate a spouse? What do you know? grin grin grin grin grin

Do you have anything to offer in a relationship?

You are an attention seeker, jerk off!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H9i0L2uom4k

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Stillfire: 10:56pm On Oct 16, 2014
Chillisauce:
Nigerian men, Oya o. cheesy

Come and read and learn.
No be to dey carry big belly dey mess anyhow for house .

Or the Yahoo Yahoo ones wey dey stay 24hrs internet cussing and fighting wearing one piece of boxers everyday . Baff sef, dem no baff .Shower no see them eye .

Big kiss for my Nigerian gentlemen. If you are doing this, you scarce walahi. God bless your women. Your portion in life will increase positively. Amin o. Any woman that doesn't appreciate you doing this , needs a psych.

Ehem, btw Op , you sure say you dey appreciate, Abi you just wan type. grin
Oya come buy me beer

Lol.
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Sagamite(m): 11:14am On Oct 17, 2014
BananaBender:

You are an attention seeker, jerk off!

You cannot tell us what you have to offer in a relationship, Fisk fuuktard? grin grin grin grin grin grin

I guesses as much. grin grin grin grin grin

Hoodrat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT6fGwp13V0
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 11:27am On Oct 17, 2014
Sagamite:

You cannot tell us what you have to offer in a relationship, Fisk fuuktard? grin grin grin grin grin grin
I guesses as much. grin grin grin grin grin
Hoodrat!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tT6fGwp13V0

You are repulsive, have some respect for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGOAMm-Ll4Y
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 11:31am On Oct 17, 2014
BananaBender:

The only sensible comment on the thread.

Much ado about nothing really, and these folks are crying everywhere like Crying Freeman, excited over a non-issue. Some people's mentality needs proper cleansing lol.

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Sagamite(m): 11:40am On Oct 17, 2014
BananaBender:

You are repulsive, have some respect for yourself.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DGOAMm-Ll4Y

Fuuktard, you are going to steal the old videos I have used on you before?

Is that how you plagiarised at Fisk University to pass? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You want to be like me? You think someone from Fisk can be intelligent enough to be like me? undecided
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 11:49am On Oct 17, 2014
Sagamite:

Fuuktard, you are going to steal the old videos I have used on you before?

Is that how you plagiarised at Fisk University to pass? grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

You want to be like me? You think someone from Fisk can be like me? undecided

Why would anyone want to be a pathetic-senile-low life?

You are a boggish foot-licking half-twit, a hopeless degenerate seeking for attention and validation online.

No one....... No one!....... No one wants to be like you. Trust me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4goUqiOL44

1 Like

Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Sagamite(m): 11:50am On Oct 17, 2014
BananaBender:

Why would anyone want to be a pathetic-senile-low life?

You are a boggish foot-licking half-twit, a hopeless degenerate seeking for attention and validation online.

No one....... No one!....... No one wants to be like you. Trust me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M4goUqiOL44

You are a cretinous fuuktard, Fisk!

You are copying me and you expect me to be flattered? grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Appreciating Your Spouse by Nobody: 11:55am On Oct 17, 2014
Sagamite:

You are a cretinous fuuktard, Fisk!

You are copying me and you expect me to be flattered? grin grin grin grin grin grin

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z9fnDwemKcc

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How A Man Died And Decayed In His Room Due To Children's Negligence / A Car OR A Piece Of Land: Which Would You Buy First, And Why? / How Will You Spend Watchnight

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.